Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

If I was a Hibs player, I would not be happy. 

Whilst we made a decision, that was perhaps unpopular at first, we were honest and upfront. 

Hibs in the other hand insisted it was all fine, and it was only a deferral, and would be paid in a few months.  Hibs players agreed to the drop on this basis.  They have been misled.  Perhaps they can claim breach of contract, and leave for free.  

I also wonder what will happen to the pledge not to sign anyone until the players has been paid in full.  Or was that a lie too?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Somehow hibs have done the right thing, with class!

Tell you what, I'm glad the club's owned by people who care deeply rather than foreigners with zero emotional attachment who could pull the rug out from a few thousand miles away. 

That was his comment from April when they agreed wage deferrals. He has been silent on the latest news.

Unknown user
Just now, Sooperstar said:

That was his comment from April when they agreed wage deferrals. He has been silent on the latest news.

Oh was it? My mistake 

Just now, Smithee said:

Oh was it? My mistake 

You'd maybe have a bit of respect if he came out and made some sort of comment on the latest. Instead he is hiding away from it, pretending it isn't happening, because he has dug a hole and the only way out is to criticise Hibs or say he was wrong about Hearts.

As I see it, the tregs don’t have any major sellable assets on the pitch.

Boyle - hot and cold, often  easily marked out of games. Can’t see them get more than a couple of 100k at the most

Kamberi - will just cause them issues and he will be sold at on the cheap

the keeper - decent, but no one is giving them cash in this climate

Allan - no one has ever wanted him

Porteus - I cant see anyone giving them anything more than 100k. No one in the SPL will pay, only hope is League 1 or 2 in england

stevenson - Has had a line of clubs after him his whole career.  oh wait.....

8 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Boyle - hot and cold, often  easily marked out of games. Can’t see them get more than a couple of 100k at the most

Porteus - I cant see anyone giving them anything more than 100k. No one in the SPL will pay, only hope is League 1 or 2 in england

:yas:

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Tregs :laugh2: 

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Tregs :laugh2: 

I called my daughter a treg the other day - resurrected from the dusty vaults of my brain from those distant school days.

thought it appropriate for the vermin 

Billybuffjaw
16 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

I called my daughter a treg the other day - resurrected from the dusty vaults of my brain from those distant school days.

thought it appropriate for the vermin 

You called your daughter  a Treg and you call them vermin?

26 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

They are vermin. **** knows what you are.

Billybuffjaw
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

They are vermin. **** knows what you are.

Name calling from a keyboard warrior doesn't scare me pal, I doubt they care about it either. You're special alright.

Gordon Ramsay
36 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Billybellpiece. 

16 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Name calling from a keyboard warrior doesn't scare me pal, I doubt they care about it either. You're special alright.

Never called you any names. You just did there though. 🤔

The Gentleman does protest to much 😀😀

11 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Ouch, that had me spit my coffee out 💩

jamboinglasgow

As I said before, surely Hibs would not sign anyone while in contract disputes, wage deferrals and wage cuts. Which means only 1 senior goalkeeper at the moment.

Hibs voting NO is like turkeys voting for xmas. There two biggest paydays all season but there hatred for getting pumped 143 times has put them in all sorts of financial trouble. To be honest  couldn't happen to a better club 

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hibs.net has now turned into a begging bowl to try and get these scaffs to part with a fiver.

We should lend them our cash cow... the big plastic one, I mean.

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We should lend them our cash cow... the big plastic one, I mean.

I wouldn't give them the steam from my wake up pish.

4 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Hibs voting NO is like turkeys voting for xmas. There two biggest paydays all season but there hatred for getting pumped 143 times has put them in all sorts of financial trouble. To be honest  couldn't happen to a better club 

Makes you wonder whether is some sort of contrived effort by Ron to nose dive them then cherry pick what he wants then ride off into the sunset. I would reckon there are a lot of very unhappy staff and players there at present and a huge amount of uncertainty swirling round.  More to come from them - lovely.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Be interesting to see if this "groundswell of support" transpires. Possibility of reality, might actually wake them up.

As it is, despite the amusement of the situation, I think they'll be ok in the end.  I said it before the pandemic- St. Johnstone are the one's to watch.

They’ll cut the playing and admin staff to the bone then patch a mid table side out of loans and whichever players they keep. Good news on the BT money today though, another chunk of cash gone. 

12 hours ago, Phage said:

Regardless on RonCons intentions before Covid, this is a clear indication he's not keen on putting any money in for anything.

Dont know what his business is but could the cut backs and lack of investment, point towards troubled businesses?

They pledged no players in until the defferals are paid up. And it looks like they have to sell their 'star' players in a distressed market to cover the shortfall.

No decent players, none coming in

No investment

Heavily reduced income

Higher than mosts expenses 

Tightwad fans

The picture is gloriously gloomy. God I'd love a wee peek at there financials to see just how ugly it really is.

But but but he was putting in big tellies. Maybe waiting on Black Friday sale. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Yeah possibly. It might have them down the bottom half again, but they'll probably squeak through.

St. Johnstone will be chewing the phone off, to get this Close money. Hibs will now get some too, I'd surmise.

Those are going to be pretty expensive loans. I’ve had business loans of various types from close brothers (for lower amounts than I’d imagine the clubs will need) and they are not cheap. 

Just now, Barack said:

I know.

:greggy:

😂😂😂

Ex member of the SaS

The HSL thing is brilliant, They know they will never own the club and it's like handing cash to a millionaire. The more they raise the less he spends. he really has them by the short and curlies.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think folk are underestimating how much bother Hibs could be in here. 

This thread been a good laugh but like Barack, I think they’ll muddle through. They’ll slash their costs down as far as they can, bring in a few cheap loans and maybe spend the season in the bottom half. It won’t be Armageddon but could well be the starting point for a few shite seasons. 

colinmaroon
12 hours ago, Phage said:

Regardless on RonCons intentions before Covid, this is a clear indication he's not keen on putting any money in for anything.

Dont know what his business is but could the cut backs and lack of investment, point towards troubled businesses?

They pledged no players in until the defferals are paid up. And it looks like they have to sell their 'star' players in a distressed market to cover the shortfall.

No decent players, none coming in

No investment

Heavily reduced income

Higher than mosts expenses 

Tightwad fans

The picture is gloriously gloomy. God I'd love a wee peek at there financials to see just how ugly it really is.

The 2008 crash brought Vlad down and obviously impacted us.  This is going to be a bigger crash and, therefore, RonCon's business/businesses, whatever that is or they are, will suffer with the obvious knock on  effect to Hibs, who do not have a fan base who have been prepared to invest in the club.

Tik! Tok!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

It’s been Gordon’s plan to reanimate HSL in to his personal repayment plan from the beginning. Difference now, is that instead of using it to get any money back that he spends on infrastructure, it will Instead be used to pay him back for any money he spends to keep the club afloat.

HSL has gone from a way for Hibs supporters to acquire a controlling stake in their club for their money, to Ron Gordon’s personal credit card. :lol:

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

This thread been a good laugh but like Barack, I think they’ll muddle through. They’ll slash their costs down as far as they can, bring in a few cheap loans and maybe spend the season in the bottom half. It won’t be Armageddon but could well be the starting point for a few shite seasons. 

That’s where they are as things stand, perhaps. Just need to wait and see what happens when we launch legal proceedings though, I suppose. 😏

OmiyaHearts

When you see these news updates, it becomes clear why premiership teams don't want us there. They're a bit scared.

Most of them will be skint and playing plenty of youth players and first teamers who just aren't good enough. Imagine if they had to face a financially secure Hearts, with a strong first team? Some serious pumpings would be dished out. 

I look forward to whenever were back in the Prem and putting these shitty clubs to the sword. 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No-one will pay that sort of money for Boyle. He's a half decent SPFL winger, that's it. He's come onto a game recently but if you compare them at their peak Jamie Walker is a much better footballer IMO, even just for his better goalscoring, and he's a year or so younger. Walker's played 204 games, 45 goals, 36 assists. For Hibs Boyle's played 188 games, 34 goals and 36 assists. The big difference is Walker has done it more often at a higher level as Boyle was in the Championship for 3 years with Hibs.

No chance Celtic will go anywhere near him for anything more than £0 on a pre-contract, if at all. He would be some come down from Forrest, Roberts and co.

Don't forget his injury problems. 

2 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

Is that the Stevenson who said "some clubs have handled the wage situation badly"  was obviously having a dig at Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’s where they are as things stand, perhaps. Just need to wait and see what happens when we launch legal proceedings though, I suppose. 😏

Yep, any company struggling for cash should be concerned about a big chunk of cash going to a rival firm. Hell mend the bitter wee fuds. 

11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

What fecking stars? They have 1 perhaps 2 bang average players and that's it. But stars - someone has been on the crack pipe.

:laugh:

1 minute ago, Cisco1914 said:

Is that the Stevenson who said "some clubs have handled the wage situation badly"  was obviously having a dig at Hearts.

Stevenson could play football for another 50 years and not get the utter pish ripped out of him like Suso did. I fully understand why he hates hearts. 

highlandjambo3
48 minutes ago, Barack said:

Be interesting to see if this "groundswell of support" transpires. Possibility of reality, might actually wake them up.

As it is, despite the amusement of the situation, I think they'll be ok in the end.  I said it before the pandemic- St. Johnstone are the one's to watch.

I think there is a degree of truth there.  We didn’t really bond until the slap in the face of administration, like jumping into icy water.  There is (should be) enough of them to pull this together.  We should consider giving them out FOH model 😂 to work with....imagin that and, maybe JA could up their £50k request if they ask nicely.......imagine the seethe......oh before I forget:

FTH

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think folk are underestimating how much bother Hibs could be in here. 

Completely agree, that was what took me back a bit. It's not a case of the club saying they need a wage cut to get through, it's a drastic cut of player wages, admin staff, coaching staff. It's almost admin levels of cuts.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree, that was what took me back a bit. It's not a case of the club saying they need a wage cut to get through, it's a drastic cut of player wages, admin staff, coaching staff. It's almost admin levels of cuts.

Yep. It looks bloody precarious imo.

Billybuffjaw
59 minutes ago, Barack said:

St J, Hamilton or St Midden, one of them won't be able to resume and will be our passage back. I've believed that since day 1.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hope that the above players become militant, claim breach of contract, walk out of the Giro and find new clubs with not a penny going to hibs.

If I was religious I'd be praying that mcginn stays put.

Me too 🤞

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No-one will pay that sort of money for Boyle. He's a half decent SPFL winger, that's it. He's come onto a game recently but if you compare them at their peak Jamie Walker is a much better footballer IMO, even just for his better goalscoring, and he's a year or so younger. Walker's played 204 games, 45 goals, 36 assists. For Hibs Boyle's played 188 games, 34 goals and 36 assists. The big difference is Walker has done it more often at a higher level as Boyle was in the Championship for 3 years with Hibs.

No chance Celtic will go anywhere near him for anything more than £0 on a pre-contract, if at all. He would be some come down from Forrest, Roberts and co.

Yeah probably, just his pace on that big pitch might make a difference but there’s no guarantee Celtic will even be interested. He’s not going to make a difference at CL level, their fans wouldn’t be happy 😃.

3 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

St J, Hamilton or St Midden, one of them won't be able to resume and will be our passage back. I've believed that since day 1.

I’ve always felt this too. I can also foresee a situation where some of those clubs cannot fill their subs benches by September. I think that some of them will try to get to the first 2 weeks of the season, knowing they can’t really afford to keep going from there or I certainly very uncertain. Doing so would be complete bloody-mindedness but would not surprise me.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep. It looks bloody precarious imo.

I said earlier in the thread but its worth taking into account, over 8000 season tickets have been sold by Hibs so far. So despite that large injection of money they are having to make sweeping cuts then there is something serious.

But there is no way that Hibs will be the only club facing this. I do wonder if this is the start and other clubs fall by the wayside.