Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

2 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Fly today

Medical tomorrow

Assuming all ok, signs Thursday - announced late Thursday.

Celtic bid 5pm Thursday - offer a reserve player and £500k. Told to GTF

Thank you.  Appreciated.  Do you know if he's had a medical with them already?   I understand you posted his medical this Thursday, was wondering if he had one already, due to media post stated he had one last Monday.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

There is nothing strange about the logic I’ve applied. The a chances of Aaron Hickey being sold By Bologna for £25m+ are slim. There is nothing outrageous about this opinion.

Unfortunately on this forum people can’t see reality when it comes to Hearts or anything associated with Hearts.

See the court case thread for some blatant examples. Or the fact so many on here supported CL way past his sell by date. 

All true . Some even blamed CL for everything from the plague of locusts to coronavirus

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So we’re thinking he may not even be in Italy yet? Jesus.

He won't be going to Italy till the small print is watertight in the loan / sell contract  details between Bologna and us . 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

He won't be going to Italy till the small print is watertight in the loan / sell contract  details between Bologna and us . 

Let's hope timland don't step in  at last minute and fxxxx it all up ?

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes players fly over and have a medical and then await the finalising of the incidentals between agents and clubs. Although sometimes medicals can take place outside the country initially but usually there has to be a representative of the purchasing club there. The reports are that a fee was agreed either late last week or over the weekend, which should really mean he was over there already by now. If not this drags on even more. I’m beginning to think it won’t even be done this week anymore.

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Thank you.  Appreciated.  Do you know if he's had a medical with them already?   I understand you posted his medical this Thursday, was wondering if he had one already, due to media post stated he had one last Monday.

Don't think it was an itk post chief.

Where did he say it from?  His house, a plane, or an Italian cafe in Edinburgh 😕 

I think Hickey's flown that many times over the weeks he could have his own Airline.  Aaron Airways.

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Best of luck to the lad. Well done for opting for something a bit different. I’m extremely jealous.

Absolutely. Living in a cracking country in a top league, and he’ll be fluent in Italian by the time he’s 20, I’d take that deal.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Fly today

Medical tomorrow

Assuming all ok, signs Thursday - announced late Thursday.

Celtic bid 5pm Thursday - offer a reserve player and £500k. Told to GTF

Training with a Serie A club first team Friday

Watch new team mates play a friendly Saturday

Settling in to new Italian pad Sunday

Not a bad way to spend a week

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Couple of pictures from his first spell at Hearts on that Instagram link. 

Nice wee video as well 😁😁😁😁

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Absolutely. Living in a cracking country in a top league, and he’ll be fluent in Italian by the time he’s 20, I’d take that deal.

yep. Brave move but a great move

Well I never thought this would happen and he would show the same lack of ambition as many others before him and opt for the OF. He has made a terrific career move, been brave and I wish him the very best . 

Superb for the young man....I really hope he makes the most of his abilities and opportunities and we can see him have one helluva career...his 2 games against Tic at Parkhead & Hampden were quite incredible for a 16 year old wee boy, which is what was on paper but reality quite something else instead...

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Maybe related to the Dunne deal?

Certinaly looks like a done deal now.  Hopefully, it's Celtic who have been done.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Thought he was a certainty to go to man City?? 

Just as certain as Jimmy Dunne signing 😂 at least he did talk to Man City 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just as certain as Jimmy Dunne signing 😂 at least he did talk to Man City 

Just passing on what I was told. I did say possibly signing. 

31 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Thought he was a certainty to go to man City?? 

Do you only exist on this forum to have digs at Daza? I normally try to refrain from calling people out for being **cks but for you I will make an exception. You're boring. We get it, he was wrong. Funny cos when I first join you were constantly chasing Daza for info, basically stalking him. You come across as a petulant child. Give it a rest man.

Edited by WDJ87

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Training with a Serie A club first team Friday

Watch new team mates play a friendly Saturday

Settling in to new Italian pad Sunday

Not a bad way to spend a week

......He'll me making love by monday, and on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday, he'll chill on Friday 😁

Guest ToqueJambo

He's definitely going. Just excited no doubt and jumped the gun. Pretty sure the next pic will be him signing in Italy. Just 118 weeks from the picture of him looking about 12 signing for us 😄 Sky's the limit - Andy Robertson was still at Queens Park at the same age.

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sounds like Hickey was a bit hasty in posting, probably been advised to take it down just in case it fell through.

I would say so.  If he's not had any kind of medical yet.  They take it serious.  There was an english player that thought he was signing for an Italian club sometime in January, until his medical failed 😕 

Up to him now if he does things right and applies himself to the job and improves his skills Bologna will just be the start of what could a great adventure. On the other hand if he gets it wrong he will be back home looking for some club to resurrect his career... think the lad from D Utd that went to Spain ... where is he now?

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Up to him now if he does things right and applies himself to the job and improves his skills Bologna will just be the start of what could a great adventure. On the other hand if he gets it wrong he will be back home looking for some club to resurrect his career... think the lad from D Utd that went to Spain ... where is he now?

Ryan Gauld? If so, went to Portugal rather than Spain, with Sporting Lisbon. Been in the media a bit over the last wee while as he is now at Farense, where he finished top scorer in the Portuguese second division and was named the division's player of the year. They were promoted so he'll be playing in the top division next season. Other than the indignity of a spell on loan at Hibs it could have been much worse. I don't think there is any suggestion he failed to apply himself, just struggled to break through. Still only 24 so career certainly not finished.

But don't disagree with the sentiment of your post. A good move that might really work out for Hickey or might not. No guarantees in football. 

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Where's Gauld? Player of the season for his team and getting his career back on track. Never know if you don't try, would you turn down Sporting Lisbon? Btw it was Portugal

Not getting at you mate, but Scottish players should be applauded for being ambitious in my opinion 

Edited by rudi must stay

Excellent news glad to hear that I thought he had crashed and burned when he was associated with them. Still applies though football on the continent is very different to what happens here players are expected to make an effort at every level.

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not getting at you mate, but Scottish players should be applauded for being ambitious in my opinion 

Why would you? I don't disagree with what you say re ambition but It is a statement of fact if he does not get wired in to improve he won't be there very long. Nothing to do with your post but I don't go along with the " he just did not make the break through" thing players, some of whom have played for us, who did not make the break through did not do so because they either never had it or never tried to make the best of what they had. Re Gauld he has been good at a lower level now he has to step it up again... football is littered with players who just did not have it at the highest level although great at a lower level... then you get someone like Vardy coming along and turning that on its head. The main thing is we have made a bit of cash out of it because if he did turn out to be any sort of player he would not have been playing with us for long... well that was already stated.

All the best to young Arron.

Obviously it is bitterly disappointing we didn't get a year or 2 more from him but I hope he goes on to have a fine career. 

The major thing for the lad as we all know... well at least I do... is language it is make or break. I know I live abroad and you have to be able in some way to be able to converse with the people who are going to be your mates. It can be a lonely old time until you get the language sorted because until you do you will always be on the outside looking in... that is not just football it is everyday life as well.