Thank you Craig Levein

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

For overseeing our record-breaking return from the Championship.

For the historic 4-0 against Celtic.

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

For taking us to a cup final which we fought all the way in.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It should have been ten

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Bridge of Djoum

It’s easy to assume our immediate return to the premier league was inevitable.

It wasn’t.

If it hadn’t been for Levein’s input, we may have ended up doing a Hibs.  

We may well reap more of the rewards of his stewardship down the line but sadly our league form made it impossible for him to continue.

Jambof3tornado

Thanks Craig, it would have been safer to go in the summer after a decent showing at cup final but he thought he could turn it round, he was wrong.

Good luck.

The man will always be a Hearts Legend to me, and many who saw him play. Thanks Craig. HHGH !

Edited by whodanny

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Will always have fond memories of him but currently all I have is a sour taste. 

Polluting this thread now 😴

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

For restoring Natural Order against Hibs, through results like the Scottish Cup and the other week.

It didn't work out and it's right that he's gone, but he's a PHM and the highlights of the last five years will live on longer than the many lows.

Well said 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

It wasn’t.

We may well reap more of the rewards of his stewardship down the line but sadly our league form made it impossible for him to continue.

Did Hibs not win the Scottish Cup when they were in the championship?

8 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

It wasn’t.

Might be a good time to edit the old signature. 

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Bottom of the league and responsible for the worst run in the clubs history, yeah thanks a lot. Near 90 players in and god knows how much of the clubs money wasted on utter dross. Stubbornness has resulted in nearly every piece of good work he done, undone. Good riddance as far as am concerned. He had an opportunity to do the right thing and he put himself and his self interests ahead of the club. Shut the door on the way out Craig. 👋 

Hear Hear

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Will always have fond memories of him but currently all I have is a sour taste. 

Naturally but that day in December where we ended Celtics 69 game unbeaten run, with an absolute thrashing no less, is the best 90 minutes I've ever experienced as a Hearts supporter. Those 10 minutes in Hampden where it looked like we were on the cusp of a historic cup win as well. Precious memories that at least deserve some appreciation despite the bad times we've endured imo

Selkirkhmfc1874

Wish Craig levein all the very best for the future ! No doubt he had to go but he could never be accused of not giving 100%

15 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Without a doubt one of the best posts on here I’ve read. Real class and I honour your sentiments. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

There is lots of other threads for these views.

You dont HAVE to infest every thread.

Big_Hearts_Runner
17 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Very much so, thank you Craig and all the very best.

Great post OP

Thanks for everything, Craig.  His legacy will be the restructure of the academy and before long, that will bear fruit.

And a big shout out to the kit man who has done his job very well for many a year while having to put up with all this pish. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

There is lots of other threads for these views.

You dont HAVE to infest every thread.

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

Gutted for him, it was clear we weren't turning around but I hoped and hoped and hoped til the end.

Thanks for everything Craig, still a legend to the wee boy inside this 40 something.

22 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:clap: 

Bang on, Tart.

Sorry Craig. Didn't think you were the right man for the managers job and sadly, you proved me right for once. I don't think you're a terrible manager but I think we as a club can do better. I reckon if you'd just stayed a DoF, you'd still be making positive contributions to the club. Unfortunately, we need to sever ties completely to move forward now. 

Cheers for the happy memories you did give us and for some great results as well, wish you the best for the future. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

The thread where people are gathering to thank a manager that has us joint bottom of the league? A thread which never existed for Cathro? A thread which wouldn’t exist for any other manager with the record of Levein. A disaster of a thread. 

If you dont like the thread just ignore it.

People are thanking Craig for his service over the years both as player and manager.

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hear Hear

23 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Great post.

(Those celebrating and spray painting, take note!)

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Pathetic thread from the People Who Grinned Themselves to Death. Very Scottish though. 

I enjoy a wee chat on JKB but there's a reason that every Hearts fan i know tells me they don't bother with it because it's full arse holes. 

Edited by Robert Lazar

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Completely classless ...

I’m gutted that his appointment never worked.
I wish he’d resigned sooner, when it was obvious what was happening -but I can understand why he didn’t want to say goodbye to Hearts. 
His career at the top level is effectively over now. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

I enjoy a wee chat on JKB but there's a reason that every Hearts fan i know tells me they don't bother with it because it's full arse holes. 

Cheerio then

A good hearts man who has left a positive legacy in many respects. Will always be tainted by staying on just a bit too long in the belief he could turn it around.

A great servant to hearts who gave it his all and lived the dream as player and manager.

I'm a huge fan of his, but finally came round to the fact he did have to go and he wouldn't choose to do so.

Achieved far more than most have at hearts. I just wish he had managed us to a trophy.

14 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You didn’t have to do this, on this thread.

Just now, Robert Lazar said:

I enjoy a wee chat on JBK but there's a reason that every Hearts fan i know tells me they don't bother with it because it's full arse holes. 

Welcome to the club :welcome:

Gave everything he had to us, as player and manager.

He fell short, but I am grateful for his efforts . All managers leave in ignominy.

eventually!

Good luck CL- you grief and failed, but at least you tried.

No bitterness from me, nor anger.

Thanks big guy

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Not forgetting his first stint as manager when despite the terrible finances and the backdrop of selling Tynecastle all going on he managed back to back 3rd place finishes, Braga, Bordeaux, and With some other great moments to remember in that spell eg 5-1, Stamp, Weir, Austin Mcann 

In this spell he got us beating hibs again, got us competing in the latter stages of the cups again and also obliterated Celtic that day in Dec 17 to end their unprecedented run. It was time for him to go no doubt, but there was some highlights in there. 

Thank you Craig Levein for showing me how bad it can actually get supporting hearts, I will now always be grateful when we win games and string a couple of passes together.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You didn’t have to do this, on this thread.

This thread shouldn’t exist. It’s embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Lazar said:

I wasn't calling you an arse hole you arse hole haha

Sorry Robert, you double ironied me mate. It's a fair shout mind!! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes, thank you. Hopefully in time your overstay in the manager's role is forgotten and we remember your achievements with the club with fondness again.

• davemclaren locked this topic