SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

fair point but they will need to set aside the funds.

again - personally I’d rather not have played at all, than facilitate help in any way for teams and chairman who are frankly the scum of the earth. 

Yeah I want zero cooperation with the spfl and hearts. If we take things at face value and JA was determined to help the whole of the spfl and not just hearts then I suppose there’s not much we can do to stop him. 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I think the SPFL runs like the mafia or a Mexican drug cartel

If only the spfl were run as well as the 2 organisations you mentioned

3 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

Not if it includes or consists of an interim interdict.

True enough. Don’t know much about the law but from what I’ve read on here I think that type of action is unlikely. That’s not an informed opinion though. 

You would imagine a philanthropist would want nothing to do with a company that has got a court case hanging over it for the next few months.

It will be getting made plain and clear to the teams or maybe subtly hinted at by Doncaster and co that the money is linked. It cant be seen to be linked as we would have the usual press people going mad( see Jackson article already)

Vote for reconstruction means getting on with things and there is a pot at the end of the rainbow.

Vote against reconstruction there is going to be a court case were you may lose money and also the aforementioned pot cannot be opened. 

I will wait to hear what Lachlan Cameron has to say about yesterdays meeting he has to open his big gob at some point( unless of course he is in the minority. 

I also notice that their is an inderdict on the league in France brought out by Amiens and Lyon. Perhaps we have that as a back up threat.

Edited by Rods

OmiyaHearts

Rather than lose our minds, like one or two above, why not just wait to see what the outcome is - and Hearts response?

Then we'll have a clearer picture of what is to come.

It's a far from ideal situation, but let's see how it develops before losing our sh*t.

Captain Canada

Let's hope the threat of a court case is enough to force a rethink.

Some of the next five years' TV money is going already and with BT Sport no doubt looking for some too, NDs deal will start to dwindle significantly. 

If the SPFL has no cash reserves they'll probably have to ringfence more Sky money to defend the case in court and then we may be able to get another part or all of it frozen so there's money available to pay any damages we win. 

I'm still convinced that they're going to give away sponsorship of the leagues effectively for free so that would be another income stream down the drain. 

While it would be nice to win compensation, I'd much rather we were in the top flight, because the original decision was an utter farce.

It was bad enough at the time but with most other countries trying to finish the season and TV deal refunds that weren't disclosed, teams had very little factual evidence to vote on. 

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Exactly but how will that fit with someone who is so straight laced as James Anderson?

The only way I can see him getting reward for the money he's giving to clubs is purely based on his own moral code and that NO club should suffer unfairly due to the Covid 19 virus.

Its the only angle I can see him having any influence over these corrupt jokers.

16 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

My thoughts too. Not just how it’s distributed either... also how the board and the member clubs decide to condict themselves when it comes to things like votes on reconstruction, or what they say in the media.

I posted this in response to another poster who gave his opinion on the chances of future benevolence directly to the SPFL. That poster’s opinion was that Anderson may be less inclined to put anything further than his initial £4m, if he sees the money going to clubs who don’t need it, at the expense of those who do.

On future benevolence, I gave my opinion that I doubt he’ll be overly enamoured with the vindictiveness being shown towards Budge and Hearts, by the people so keen to snatch at his gift. He came to Scottish football through an affinity for what we do as a club, under the leadership of our owner. So much so, he’s put in c£9m to date. That money has come in stages, presumably after he has seen how the first tranche has been spent, and how the club conducts itself. A quick look at the links explaining how he operates his trust, and what he sees as worthy causes, shines a light on where he stands on principles and the importance of “giving something back”. Everything I read about Anderson and his fund suggests to me that he is inclined to keep supporting organisations who take his money, and then strive to conduct themselves in a manner that matches his principles and moral code. As Budge and Hearts have done.

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’m really missing your point on this. He already knows how some of them will react, because he’s seen and heard them.

You make it sound as if he is carrying out some kind of social experiment, for what purpose?

That’s not quite what I meant. That would suggest he is only putting any money in to see how they beneficiaries react. I don’t believe that is the purpose of putting the money in. I do however think that it’s a factor in whether or not any more will be forthcoming. I think he put the money in to the wider SPFL after discussions with Ann Budge, and her aim to try and restructure Scottish Football for the better. She has reiterated time and time again, that she believes Scottish football needs to react to this crisis in a way that that means no club is unduly punished for a global pandemic. She has been trying to find a solution that doesn’t unnecessarily harm any of our clubs. She has been doing this by coming up with suggestions on restructuring that would stop teams being expelled from their division costing them millions. She has also been speaking to friends like Anderson to get their help in trying to fund the game to prevent financial disaster. Now the clubs who receive his help will be asked to consider a proposal to restructure the game in such a way that three of their fellow clubs will no longer be expelled from their divisions, costing them huge amounts of money. I think how these clubs react to this free money, and how they react to proposed restructuring of the league to protect other member clubs will make his decision to put in any further monies for him. As I tried to explain (perhaps poorly) in this post below:

8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think he’s only involved in Scottish Football at all, because he puts money in to pots where there are people who share his morals and principles. That’s what Hearts are under Ann Budge. He’s already distributed nearly ten million that we know of, and he’s pledged to assist us for another five years on top of that. What was/is his purpose for that?

His involvement with the SPFL is through his relationship with us. I think he’s only here for them because of Ann Budge. I think he will help them out this one time, and then he will decide whether or not he wants to help further, based on their attitude and behaviour, afterwards.

From what I’ve read on him, and his fund, he’s all about funding those who try and do good. I think he’s only involved with the SPFL now, at Ann’s request.

As per above: I think if the clubs he has just helped to the tune of millions now go away and vote for the expulsion of the club his friend owns, and operates in a way that fits his moral and principled world view, then he’s highly unlikely to offer them any further help.

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I get that. You’ve mentioned it half a dozen times now as if you’ve just worked it out. You have a lot of “I think” in your post as if the situation needed to be worked out, when what is happening is actually just what philanthropists do I.e. give money and/or resources to people they see as a good cause. 

philanthropy

/fɪˈlanθrəpi/

noun

the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.

"he acquired a considerable fortune and was noted for his philanthropy"

I use “I think” because like yourself and I assume everyone else on here, I don’t ‘know’. I can only go by what I read and hear and try to make sense of it all. 

I know what philanthropy is, mate. 

Ethan Hunt

For what it’s worth here’s my take on the last few days.

AB has made it 100% clear that she will fight our expulsion from the Premiership. She has stated this twice. For those of you who haven’t seen the Hearts TV, or heard the Sportsound interview (during which her demeanour was very much fighting talk) probably best to go watch/listen to them to hear straight from the horses mouth what action will be taken if necessary. Be under no illusions, we will be going to court.

When AB first spoke of court action Doncaster was quick to say it would be the clubs that would suffer financially as a result. He has stated it several times. That statement was to paint AB and Hearts as the bad guys for even suggesting it. The other 41 clubs will be financially punished as a result of having to defend a legal action, and he is right, that would be the case, and even more costly if (when) we win that case. 

What also must must be noted is that not all SPFL clubs are our enemy. There are good guys which we must not lose sight of. There are two other clubs who have been as unfairly treated in this as us, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. There were clubs who voted no to the original resolution due to sporty integrity, ICT, East Fife, etc. There are also those clubs who voted yes because the needed the money and had no choice, remember some Chairman said they had a gun held to their heads. There are also clubs who voted yes, but subsequently voted in favour of an independent investigation as they were unhappy with the way the resolution and subsequent votes was ‘managed’. Legal action would financially impact on those clubs, as well as those who voted from self interest, and have subsequently shown malicious intent toward AB and Hearts.

AB has tried everything to avoid going down the legal route. She has worked tirelessly to find a solution that avoids that. The SPFL board meantime, and in particular Doncaster, have done the square root of feck all. In addition, he has continued to verbally attack Hearts and deflect and divide. Other football club chairmen have, at best, sat on their hands, while others have been vocal to the point of vitriolic in their criticism of, and attitude toward, AB and Hearts.

No reasonable, caring person, or people, could possibly see the treatment of Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer as fair. No caring person, or people, could possibly see the character assassination of Ann Budge and her treatment by the media, and some people within football, as anything other than outrageous. No reasonable person or people would stand idly by watching that happen.  Especially when those people are your friends. Especially when those friends have money, lots and lots of money.

So to the benefactors. What has been reported is that it is a consortium of people who are prepared to help Scottish football. Those people would appear to be the same people who have given so generously to Hearts over the years. Those people are ‘connected’ to Hearts, at the very least because they simply have a connection. They have a connection with the club, what we do, how we do it, and they are friends with Ann Budge. A condition of their generosity is that their identities remain anonymous, yet at this most critical of times for Hearts, one of their number - James Anderson - has broken cover. Why now? Why at all?

A Philanthropist is defined as - a person who seeks to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money to good causes. They seek to do good in the world, not harm. They seek to ensure fairness in an unfair world.  

In my opinion the offer of financial assistance - and we do not really know any of the details - to SPFL clubs is to, in some way, offset the financial impact that AB taking legal action will cause some clubs. It will ensure little or no harm will come to those who have supported Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer, the good guys, who have displayed some integrity throughout this whole debacle. The finance will allow clubs to begin play football again, and allow them generate some type of money through whatever means, be it live streaming or delayed transmission on a PPV platform, or some form of sponsorship. It will allow people to get back working and for communities to have a heart again. Unfortunately those who have been vindictive toward Ann Budge and Hearts will also benefit from this financial generosity. That is the perils of fighting fairness, sometimes an indirect consequence is rewarding those that have been unfair.

The benefactors money will put some clubs on a better financial footing. It will allow them to function. It will do good. But, and I am convinced about this, it is being done for a number of reasons, but the main one is their wish not to harm the game overall. By giving the money they will effectively be mitigating the damage their support of Hearts legal case will cause. I do not believe, that people who believe in fairness, will allow the SPFL (an organisation they will view as incompetent at best) decision to expel Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer to go unchallenged. It goes against every part of their moral compass. I do not believe, those same people, will standby and watch an organisation they have given so much to - Heart of Midlothian Football Club - being attacked with the verosity it has. I believe even less that those same people will standby by and watch while the character and reputation of a good woman, who they respect, and call their friend, is dragged into the gutter. 

I think the benefactors are killing with kindness. There will be a kill (not literally) at the end of this though. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Because we'll effectively be cashing up clubs just to go.to.court to try and get the money back again.

I’ve just posted my thoughts above.

41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Right am leaving it there but last thing will say to those thinking Mrs Budge going to roll over I think you'll be pleasantly surprised 

Was about to advise this, Selkirk.

It can be hard work popping a bit of info or even trying to be positive on here!

I appreciate your posts and even a faint hint of promise helps me.

If it's hugely unlikely we'll be in Prem and Anderson donation doesn't harm legal case, then it all makes sense.

Galling to see help given to total scum but, weighed up, it helps us more and probably doesn't "save" them, just gives them less excuse not to play.

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Must admit, I am wondering what the plan is here. From the Sun's story it appears we facilitated someone who is giving money to ensure all clubs survive which could weaken our court case but does mean we can get the league played and carry on for the rest of the season. 

But I cant help think there is more to this then meets the eye, that there is a trick up our sleeve. I also wonder if the SPFL are hiding something from the public about talks, they are just trying to spin it their way.

I doubt there is tbh. Budge plays it too straight and they’re twisted *******s. 

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

You would imagine a philanthropist would want nothing to do with a company that has got a court case hanging over it for the next few months.

It will be getting made plain and clear to the teams or maybe subtly hinted at by Doncaster and co that the money is linked. It cant be seen to be linked as we would have the usual press people going mad( see Jackson article already)

Vote for reconstruction means getting on with things and there is a pot at the end of the rainbow.

Vote against reconstruction there is going to be a court case were you may lose money and also the aforementioned pot cannot be opened. 

I will wait to hear what Lachlan Cameron has to say about yesterdays meeting he has to open his big gob at some point( unless of course he is in the minority. 

I also notice that their is an inderdict on the league in France brought out by Amiens and Lyon. Perhaps we have that as a back up threat.

It’s the fact that the rent a gobs like Cameron are totally quiet just now I find interesting. They are usually straight out of the meeting with their over inflated egos spouting off to what ever red top hack will listen to them. Silence this time.  Whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing I don’t know, however they have obviously been well warned to keep their mouths shut. 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

AB has made it 100% clear that she will fight our expulsion from the Premiership. She has stated this twice. For those of you who haven’t seen the Hearts TV, or heard the Sportsound interview (during which her demeanour was very much fighting talk) probably best to go watch/listen to them to hear straight from the horses mouth what action will be taken if necessary. Be under no illusions, we will be going to court.

When AB first spoke of court action Doncaster was quick to say it would be the clubs that would suffer financially as a result. He has stated it several times. That statement was to paint AB and Hearts as the bad guys for even suggesting it. The other 41 clubs will be financially punished as a result of having to defend a legal action, and he is right, that would be the case, and even more costly if (when) we win that case. 

What also must must be noted is that not all SPFL clubs are our enemy. There are good guys which we must not lose sight of. There are two other clubs who have been as unfairly treated in this as us, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. There were clubs who voted no to the original resolution due to sporty integrity, ICT, East Fife, etc. There are also those clubs who voted yes because the needed the money and had no choice, remember some Chairman said they had a gun held to their heads. There are also clubs who voted yes, but subsequently voted in favour of an independent investigation as they were unhappy with the way the resolution and subsequent votes was ‘managed’. Legal action would financially impact on those clubs, as well as those who voted from self interest, and have subsequently shown malicious intent toward AB and Hearts.

AB has tried everything to avoid going down the legal route. She has worked tirelessly to find a solution that avoids that. The SPFL board meantime, and in particular Doncaster, have done the square root of feck all. In addition, he has continued to verbally attack Hearts and deflect and divide. Other football club chairmen have, at best, sat on their hands, while others have been vocal to the point of vitriolic in their criticism of, and attitude toward, AB and Hearts.

No reasonable, caring person, or people, could possibly see the treatment of Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer as fair. No caring person, or people, could possibly see the character assassination of Ann Budge and her treatment by the media, and some people within football, as anything other than outrageous. No reasonable person or people would stand idly by watching that happen.  Especially when those people are your friends. Especially when those friends have money, lots and lots of money.

So to the benefactors. What has been reported is that it is a consortium of people who are prepared to help Scottish football. Those people would appear to be the same people who have given so generously to Hearts over the years. Those people are ‘connected’ to Hearts, at the very least because they simply have a connection. They have a connection with the club, what we do, how we do it, and they are friends with Ann Budge. A condition of their generosity is that their identities remain anonymous, yet at this most critical of times for Hearts, one of their number - James Anderson - has broken cover. Why now? Why at all?

A Philanthropist is defined as - a person who seeks to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money to good causes. They seek to do good in the world, not harm. They seek to ensure fairness in an unfair world.  

In my opinion the offer of financial assistance - and we do not really know any of the details - to SPFL clubs is to, in some way, offset the financial impact that AB taking legal action will cause some clubs. It will ensure little or no harm will come to those who have supported Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer, the good guys, who have displayed some integrity throughout this whole debacle. The finance will allow clubs to begin play football again, and allow them generate some type of money through whatever means, be it live streaming or delayed transmission on a PPV platform, or some form of sponsorship. It will allow people to get back working and for communities to have a heart again. Unfortunately those who have been vindictive toward Ann Budge and Hearts will also benefit from this financial generosity. That is the perils of fighting fairness, sometimes an indirect consequence is rewarding those that have been unfair.

The benefactors money will put some clubs on a better financial footing. It will allow them to function. It will do good. But, and I am convinced about this, it is being done for a number of reasons, but the main one is their wish not to harm the game overall. By giving the money they will effectively be mitigating the damage their support of Hearts legal case will cause. I do not believe, that people who believe in fairness, will allow the SPFL (an organisation they will view as incompetent at best) decision to expel Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer to go unchallenged. It goes against every part of their moral compass. I do not believe, those same people, will standby and watch an organisation they have given so much to - Heart of Midlothian Football Club - being attacked with the verosity it has. I believe even less that those same people will standby by and watch while the character and reputation of a good woman, who they respect, and call their friend, is dragged into the gutter. 

I think the benefactors are killing with kindness. There will be a kill (not literally) at the end of this though. 

As ever, sound reasoning. I just hope your correct. 

24 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

No - both of those are effective!

8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I meant he won’t hang about if Budge is forced to leave

Mrs Budge may well stand down but I doubt she will sever her ties with the club completely. 

So I think we are quite safe regarding our benefactors. 👍

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What a superb post mate.

It's all guesswork at the end of the day but you've put it very well and you're in line with my thinking/hopes

Well done lad

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

On future benevolence, I gave my opinion that I doubt he’ll be overly enamoured with the vindictiveness being shown towards Budge and Hearts, by the people so keen to snatch at his gift. He came to Scottish football through an affinity for what we do as a club, under the leadership of our owner. So much so, he’s put in c£9m to date. That money has come in stages, presumably after he has seen how the first tranche has been spent, and how the club conducts itself. A quick look at the links explaining how he operates his trust, and what he sees as worthy causes, shines a light on where he stands on principles and the importance of “giving something back”. Everything I read about Anderson and his fund suggests to me that he is inclined to keep supporting organisations who take his money, and then strive to conduct themselves in a manner that matches his principles and moral code. As Budge and Hearts have done.

On that note, I wonder how JA’s future benevolence will depend on Ann’s involvement in the club, or her successor. 

I doubt we will be hanging over to another Vlad but it does make me wonder. Perhaps JA is the successor!

“Boycott the Sun” then panic at any and every story they run. 

“boycott the record” then panic at any and every story they run. 

This place does make me laugh sometimes. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I am still going to just wait and see how his plays out before losing my shit.  

probably wise. I hope the other posters are right.. 

the curve ball I never saw coming was hearts / hearts connections helping teams  I’d prefer were dead.  If it plays out that way honestly it will feel worse than anything that’s gone before it.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don’t disagree with this at all. Your opinions are probably correct on why he’s put the money in initially. I just think he’s also now watching to see how the beneficiaries of his gift react, and how they conduct themselves when it comes to votes on proposals to save their fellow clubs from unfair financial punishments. Take the money and then behave with integrity when it comes to voting for restructuring, and perhaps he will then see a cause that has earned further financial assistance. Vindictively vote against restructuring that would save three member clubs from unnecessary damage, and you won’t get any more help.

58 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’d be astonished now if we end up in court.

I think she wants the fixtures out so we can get our house in order, appointing a manager, releasing players who have relegation clauses, selling season tickets etc.

Hurting other clubs via court action won’t sit well with her and she’ll let us know at some point later in the Summer that she’s dropping it.

We’re ****ed.

Wrong again ...

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

In my head it was always the implications and cost of court action that would drive reconstruction.  I've been clear all along that clubs would never agree to change without their feet being held to the fire.

Up until Ann's revelation about the benefactor it did indeed seem the cards were falling in our favour and the long game was capable of bearing fruit.

Now Ann has once again embarrassed the club by begging for reconstruction and we have sacrificed our tactical advantage by facilitating a financial windfall for clubs who hate us.

Please do me a favour. Email Ann Budge and avail her of all your wisdom. Please tell her where she, and all those connected with her, have been going wrong, and how she can move forward. Can you post up the reply. Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Two meetings at the SPFL this week and so far complete silence. How unusual for one of the roasters not to come out of one of these meetings and lay into Hearts and Ann Budge with their usual blend of malice and downright jealousy. Something is obviously going on because of the silence. 

Of course they are all quiet. There is money being dangled in front of them now. They’ll be salivating like a dog straining on a leash. 

They’ll still refuse to right the wrong done to Hearts/Patrick Thistle etc. 

I’m becoming increasingly angry about this. The thought of St Mirren getting money from a Heart’s contact is making my blood boil. 

If we don’t get reconstruction then there better be a large compensation package agreed for Hearts for anyone to feel even remotely okay about this complete disgrace. 

I mean look at the news today. Hearts players to go back to training for a potentially October league start!!! October!?! Potential!?!? 

I need to take a breath. 

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It’s the fact that the rent a gobs like Cameron are totally quiet just now I find interesting. They are usually straight out of the meeting with their over inflated egos spouting off to what ever red top hack will listen to them. Silence this time.  Whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing I don’t know, however they have obviously been well warned to keep their mouths shut. 

I expect he will refuse this “smug and condescending” offer. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

On that note, I wonder how JA’s future benevolence will depend on Ann’s involvement in the club, or her successor. 

I doubt we will be hanging over to another Vlad but it does make me wonder. Perhaps JA is the successor!

I suppose that’s up to us and FoH. Maybe if we carry on conducting ourselves in the way that attracted him in the first place, then he might be prepared to stay associated with us, with or without Ann being here?

Theres been times when the fanbase has been pretty vocal against how she wants us to operate as a club though. Hopefully if we do replace her, it will be with someone who shares her (and Anderson’s) views on principles and conduct. 

Hagar the Horrible
40 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Your wrong there mate.  OC works with perverted efficiency?  They are like some shitty housing scheme startup drugs gang, practicing pointing a plastic gun sideways in the mirror, putting on a fake accent going "youz aint givin me no respect"

Then off to meet their pals on the stolen bike, wearing a primark hoodie

11 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Wrong again ...

I told you after you’d sent your pm to **** off.

What part are you toiling with?

I am getting my kill though remember Hibs and Celtic fans were saying about Money Laundering at Hearts and who is the benefactor etc.

Now he is going to bail out Scottish Football( Hearts are saving Scottish Football effectively)

I also notice that the hobos are very silent on the money but screaming to the high heaven about reconstruction. 

Could be another embarrassing episode for them over the road if they were to accept this money.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So Queens Park added to the good guy list then?

what have they said 

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I suppose that’s up to us and FoH. Maybe if we carry on conducting ourselves in the way that attracted him in the first place, then he might be prepared to stay associated with us, with or without Ann being here?

Theres been times when the fanbase has been pretty vocal against how she wants us to operate as a club though. Hopefully if we do replace her, it will be with someone who shares her (and Anderson’s) views on principles and conduct. 

The fan base has been largely vocal about the performance on the pitch and with some justification. Appointing a chief exec with football experience and keeping Budge on the board for another year would seem reasonable. 

Although it currently looks uncomfortably alarming I will wait and see what happens before commenting on the reconstruction and legal issues. There'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done. 

Daily mail stating some Championship  sides are wavering on reconstruction and it's not just a yes or no the clubs to put forward ideas that would make them vote for change. Also paper still quoting two million from James Anderson.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

probably wise. I hope the other posters are right.. 

the curve ball I never saw coming was hearts / hearts connections helping teams  I’d prefer were dead.  If it plays out that way honestly it will feel worse than anything that’s gone before it.. 

Same, I can’t see why any of this is good news for Hearts.  Surely it means court action is now less likely?  

As I said I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and just wait and see how it plays out.  Budge has said that we will go to court if reconstruction talks fail - that is her words.  I have been critical of her in the past for numerous decisions but I’m going to trust that she will get this done. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Very true they have done for years.

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The fan base has been largely vocal about the performance on the pitch and with some justification. Appointing a chief exec with football experience and keeping Budge on the board for another year would seem reasonable. 

Although it currently looks uncomfortably alarming I will wait and see what happens before commenting on the reconstruction and legal issues. There'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done. 

Largely, yes. If we ignore the social media loyal whining about not being able to sing and chant bigoted shit at games. Her hardline stance on that will be one of the many things that makes her fit the model that Anderson likes to help.

Id like her to stay on too, and I agree that we need someone to run the football side of things better.

8 minutes ago, RENE said:

Daily mail stating some Championship  sides are wavering on reconstruction and it's not just a yes or no the clubs to put forward ideas that would make them vote for change. Also paper still quoting two million from James Anderson.

do you have a link?

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe so but the Anderson cash is the final brick in the wall in terms of convincing a Court that the league finish was called way too early and the remaining games could quite easily have been fulfilled starting next week just like England, Spain, Italy etc. There’s actually nothing, other than a second wave of virus, standing in the way of us playing Ross County next week as fixtures resume. Very strong point in our favour in any legal action or comp claim. 

We have released 15 players, how would you start next week with such a depleted squad?

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

do you have a link?

Preferably a link with a transcript below it so we don’t have to all click on their site.

kingantti1874
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

We have released 15 players, how would you start next week with such a depleted squad?

tbf we still have a enough players to field 2 first teams 

37 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

“Boycott the Sun” then panic at any and every story they run. 

“boycott the record” then panic at any and every story they run. 

This place does make me laugh sometimes. 

Very much this. :lol: 

Hans von Luck

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Depleted, the squad was too large to start with. No balance and pace in the side, if anything more should be out the door.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's nowhere near as efficient as that! 

Hagar the Horrible
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what have they said 

They will support the AB proposal

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Hans von Luck said:

Depleted, the squad was too large to start with. No balance and pace in the side, if anything more should be out the door.

Most of the 15 were regular starters and we still struggled to win games, how do you think we would fare with what is left?

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

People questioning someone like James Anderson? 

Really......really?

You have to laugh, no one knows who he was 3 days ago, and now they want to tell him how to spend his money.....

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's nowhere near as efficient as that! 

Nor as morally upstanding.

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what have they said 

They are backing reconstruction.

I do think League 1 and 2 sides will back it overall. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thankful for the support but it is entirely valid to question this move and how it makes any sense in the context of our position!

If You expected hearts fans to be happy our main benefactor, has cashed up the teams who voted us into this mess - including teams we utterly DESPISE .. never in a million years will we welcome that with open arms

You don't think he doesn't know that, given how often Budge has said its unfair. I wouldn't be questioning possibly one of the smartest people in the entire country,  he is where he is in the world because he is smart, not because he likes throwing money away to spite Hearts fans

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )