SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Of course he does but all we can do is read what is printed and it’s been bad news after bad news every day/week. It’s all actually getting gradually worse aswell.

It’s almost like they have a vested interest in pumping out negative stories about us! Stop reading their shite, you’ll feel better. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

It’s almost like they have a vested interest in pumping out negative stories about us! Stop reading their shite, you’ll feel better. 

Stories feel like a mixture of guess work and sources from the SPFL and disgruntled chairmen looking to dictate the narrative. Listening to Hearts tv interview with Ann Budge its clear that what the papers are saying bare little reality to what is happening and are just taking pot shots at her.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Not directly helping Hearts, but maybe adding to the fund that JA is wanting to start. To help football. 

That might be what he means. 

I think he means that the Scottish Government might have to change the guidance that allows the top league to start in August, they have no extra money to give out to any private businesses.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/kate-forbes-warns-funding-wont-cover-scottish-pandemic-costs-2868035

C22BFD22-24D3-4DB9-AC19-C6E4D355AC1D.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493beed4d69cba4ca960a3

See you in a few days no ****ing way can i handle the way this is going.

Saving teams and a board that ****ed us...no thanks.

That's how I am feeling right now. Angry as feck about the way things are heading and thinking I should take a break...

Just now, redjambo said:

That's how I am feeling right now. Angry as feck about the way things are heading and thinking I should take a break...

This, I feel completely f****d off with it all.

niblick1874
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Stories feel like a mixture of guess work and sources from the SPFL and disgruntled chairmen looking to dictate the narrative. Listening to Hearts tv interview with Ann Budge its clear that what the papers are saying bare little reality to what is happening and are just taking pot shots at her.

People are perturbed at the facts. 

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It’s working to the extent that folk, as seen on here, take it as gospel and are feeling disenchanted. Fortunately, I don’t think Ann or JA pays much attention to Keith Jackson et al. 

Ach well! Hearts getting battered in the media ,is something we should be used to by now.. They dare not have a go at Rangers or Celtic because of fear. Hearts are the next biggest and easiest club to have constant digs at... We are ,and always will be ,the biggest target for every shit scared, journo in Scotland.**** them all . 

stevie1874
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

So our masterplan seems to be:

April:

don't challenge the flawed vote

May:

don't challenge expulsion

Don't challenge £7m distribution to SPL clubs

June:

Cash up the entire SPFL beyond their wildest dreams

Accept expulsion

Accept playing a delayed shortened season in the Championship.

Surely for once she must realise the strength of feeling the fans have over this and fight our corner. If what you say comes to fruition then she surely can’t last and our benefactor won’t last either. 

Rabbie_Burns
3 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Ach well! Hearts getting battered in the media ,is something we should be used to by now.. They dare not have a go at Rangers or Celtic because of fear. Hearts are the next biggest and easiest club to have constant digs at... We are ,and always will be ,the biggest target for every shit scared, journo in Scotland.**** them all . 

Almost word for word the same conversation I had with a fellow Hearts fan at work last night...

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Surely for once she must realise the strength of feeling the fans have over this and fight our corner. If what you say comes to fruition then she surely can’t last and our benefactor won’t last either. 

We going to sack the benefactor as

well ? 

He can just Feck off and take his money with him 💰📴😂

stevie1874
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We going to sack the benefactor as

well ? 

He can just Feck off and take his money with him 💰📴😂

I meant he won’t hang about if Budge is forced to leave

I've no idea wtf is going on. 

I know even less after reading through this thread. 😊

But I do feel that things will fall, favourably, into place for HMFC. Just a hunch, nothing else, but I've always been convinced we'll be in the top flight come the first round of fixtures. 

Even the .nuts think so:

"hertz a'ways come up smelling oaf roses". 

Hold your nerve, fellow Jambos. For once, the Hibs scuttlers are spot on. 

Walter Bishop

So our benefactor is donating over 100k to all SPFL teams (premiership teams why?) We aren't going to play until at least October, in the championship, and it looks like no court action. 

Ffs!

57 minutes ago, Zico said:

Just to add to this, JA invested in Tesla in 2013 and BG are now their second biggest shareholder. He’s on first name terms with Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos, while Jack Ma gives him tips on Chinese start ups. He’s not being outthought by someone (McLennan) who destroyed the Daily Telegraph and can’t use a ****ing mobile phone. I don’t know the end game but JA is not (along with others) pumping £9m into us to see us ****ed over. 

This is what keeps me going. JA and AB (not to mention other benefactors who've kept their anonymity) along with our apparent expert legal counsel, surely have too much for the clowns currently running our game? 

Just seems like we're going all John Grisham that could quickly turn Stephen King. I'm trying to keep the faith but the more things transpire, the deeper the doubt creeps in.

There's not going to be any in-between when all's said and done. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Zico said:

It’s working to the extent that folk, as seen on here, take it as gospel and are feeling disenchanted. Fortunately, I don’t think Ann or JA pays much attention to Keith Jackson et al. 

It would be nice if they used their power to ask these ****ing arseholes to shut the **** up or we will see you in court. The misinformation and downright slander of them and our club is a joke. Lawell gets no criticism at all and he’s nowhere near as wealthy as Budge never mind Anderson. I’m surprised she puts up with but he might not.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JyTees said:

This is what keeps me going. JA and AB (not to mention other benefactors who've kept their anonymity) along with our apparent expert legal counsel, surely have too much for the clowns currently running our game? 

Just seems like we're going all John Grisham that could quickly turn Stephen King. I'm trying to keep the faith but the more things transpire, the deeper the doubt creeps in.

There's not going to be any in-between when all's said and done. 

Two good posts 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Boof said:

If Ann Budge doesn't take us to court - presumably we can still do so once we're fan-owned?

There oughtn't to be a time limit on this kind of case...is there?

Legally, that is - not necessarily suggesting it'll be a good idea :lol: 

Yes, there is a time limit. 5 years if we are seeking an action for damages. You are correct though, better not wait that long haha.

Edited by Jamie3lb

Jesus ******* wept. Since when did we start taking the S*n at face value?

No journalists know what is going on behind the scenes. That's why it's still just "insiders", "sources" and "understands". 

Let's all calm down, and wait to see what transpires over the next day or two. Although no surprises to see the usual doom mongers enjoying a good rant over this...

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Be patient,  wait and see,  imagination running wild 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think he got rich by not thinking 

Or came up the Forth in a banannie boat. Some on here labeling him as gormless. 

Let's see.

Some just cant help but diving head first into the deep end, simmer down and see how this plays out before exploding. 

Ethan Hunt
5 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think he’s only involved in Scottish Football at all, because he puts money in to pots where there are people who share his morals and principles. That’s what Hearts are under Ann Budge. He’s already distributed nearly ten million that we know of, and he’s pledged to assist us for another five years on top of that. What was/is his purpose for that?

His involvement with the SPFL is through his relationship with us. I think he’s only here for them because of Ann Budge. I think he will help them out this one time, and then he will decide whether or not he wants to help further, based on their attitude and behaviour, afterwards.

From what I’ve read on him, and his fund, he’s all about funding those who try and do good. I think he’s only involved with the SPFL now, at Ann’s request.

I get that. You’ve mentioned it half a dozen times now as if you’ve just worked it out. You have a lot of “I think” in your post as if the situation needed to be worked out, when what is happening is actually just what philanthropists do I.e. give money and/or resources to people they see as a good cause. 

philanthropy

/fɪˈlanθrəpi/

noun

the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.

"he acquired a considerable fortune and was noted for his philanthropy"

Edited by Ethan Hunt

I still think our first step will be to seek an interim interdict and interlocutor preventing the SPFL from taking any action pursuant to the vote to expel us from the Premiership, and to have the vote declared a No vote (for the reasons set out by Thomson QC). And I'll think we'll win.

At that point, the SPFL would have 3 choices:

1. To have a second vote

2. To accept the No vote and play out the previous season

3. To propose and support reconstruction

As to 1. there is no reason now to believe that the second vote would pass - partly because the clubs already have the money they were blackmailed with and secondly there is deep anger and frustration about the circumstances behind the deeply flawed first vote and the ridiculous response to the initial reconstruction proposals. (See Gary Deans excellent statement on 8 May - https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/05/08/club-statement-12/ .) But in any case, after the first fiasco they would be bound to ensure clubs were aware of the 28 day time limit. So, assuming a first court hearing on Monday 8th June, 2 weeks to accept decision and prepare papers for circulation and 28 days to vote, we're now at the 19th of July. Pretty late in the day for planning next season, no?

2. won't happen. The loss of face and fallout would be horrendous.

3. looks more and more likely, especially if we follow up with a massive claim for compensation on a joint and several basis.

Edited by Bickfest

6 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493beed4d69cba4ca960a3

See you in a few days no ****ing way can i handle the way this is going.

Saving teams and a board that ****ed us...no thanks.

Did you know that Colin Mochrie was born in Kilmarnock?

Off topic, I know.  

Edited by Paolo

David McCaig
37 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Calm down folks!! Mrs Budge knows where this going 

The Championship in October?

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hope your right mate.

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Of course it’s guesswork. But given what he (and others) have already done for the club, does he not deserve the benefit of the doubt against  whatever is being said in The Sun? 

yep 

David McCaig
4 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Or came up the Forth in a banannie boat. Some on here labeling him as gormless. 

Let's see.

No one suggesting JA is gormless, far from it.

His support has been phenomenal in terms of building infrastructure and supporting community activity. 

However, I am sceptical of how much of a fan he is, in the sense of results on the pitch.

So maybe he just isn't bothered about whether we are in the SPL or not and can't see why we wouldn't all just be happy with having football at all, regardless of level.

Is Ann even that bothered as long as the balance sheet is protected?

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The Championship in October?

Yes that's where we'll be playing football but there's more to come before then 

50 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You've suggested you have an inside track here.

We all blowing our tops for nothing here?

Ive been pretty happy with our tact so far but have to say, feeling deflated today.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, TheBigO said:

You've suggested you have an inside track here.

We all blowing our tops for nothing here?

Ive been pretty happy with our tact so far but have to say, feeling deflated today.

Yes there's much more to come on this for sure ! Everybody just needs to take a deep breathe and let's things play out 

7 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I was hoping that worse case scenario we would have been compensated for demotion but they might think we have a rich philanthropist so don’t need any more

It really does not matter what these idiots think or want. If we go to court over this and compensation is our only avenue, have no doubt we will get it. They are attempting to ruin our ability to trade commercially because of a flawed vote and an breach of their own rules. That materially effects our ability to operate. I have no doubt that compensation would be substantial.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes there's much more to come on this for sure ! Everybody just needs to take a deep breathe and let's things play out 

I'll try mate. I'll try!!

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This.

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

No one suggesting JA is gormless, far from it.

His support has been phenomenal in terms of building infrastructure and supporting community activity. 

However, I am sceptical of how much of a fan he is, in the sense of results on the pitch.

So maybe he just isn't bothered about whether we are in the SPL or not and can't see why we wouldn't all just be happy with having football at all, regardless of level.

Is Ann even that bothered as long as the balance sheet is protected?

You really are losing any sense of perspective here.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Exactly!! His donations have been mainly used to build infrastructure for years to come and not just thinking of today 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly!! His donations have been mainly used to build infrastructure for years to come and not just thinking of today 

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

David McCaig

Yes that's where we'll be playing football but there's more to come before then 

Fantastic are we doing to draft a really strongly worded statement of disappointment in which we will declare our abject surrender and intention to  taking expulsion lying down.

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And you told me us all, that we were playing a tactically superior long game and that all of us suggesting taking earlier action were fools.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Fantastic are we doing to draft a really strongly worded statement of disappointment in which we will declare our abject surrender and intention to  taking expulsion lying down.

What exactly are you basing that pile of piss on ? Ann has been pretty clear that we are going to court of the wrongs haven’t been put right. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Trust me we won't be taking it lying down but as I said few days ago the legal advice is we've far more chance of winning a damages case than being kept in premiership 

And no guarantee that there will be promotion to and relegation from the Premiership next season.  You get the distinct impression that all of this is simply designed to screw Hearts. None of this would be happening if it was another club in our position. I really do wonder if Mrs. Budge has really got her head around how much antipathy, spite and malice that there out there towards Hearts. 

David McCaig
Just now, Dazo said:

What exactly are you basing that pile of piss on ? Ann has been pretty clear that we are going to court of the wrongs haven’t been put right. 

The strong indications that we seem to have backed ourselves into a corner here and that the best scenario open to us is the Championship in October.

David McCaig

Trust me we won't be taking it lying down but as I said few days ago the legal advice is we've far more chance of winning a damages case than being kept in premiership 

I understand that the court itself couldn't return us to the SPL, but that's where leverage was so important and that's where having  the rest of the SPFL over a financial barrel was key.

Reconstruction would have been a by-product of financial necessity. Even the fight for damages seems illogical now.  

Selkirkhmfc1874

The strong indications that we seem to have backed ourselves into a corner here and that the best scenario open to us is the Championship in October.

Best case scenario is we get compensated for loss of revenue! But I do agree the chances are we're going to be in the championship once it starts 

This looks like exactly the way some of us feared an utter cluster **** yet again. 

I look forward to Ann's next club statement, in fact I don't actually. 

IIF starting the Championship in October with us in it doesn't get challenge in the Courts I'm done with her . Imo the Championship won't even start in October it will inevitably be pushed further back with the possibility of no promotion next season . These horrible ***** have now got us by the throat I'm afraid . 

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

And you told me us all, that we were playing a tactically superior long game and that all of us suggesting taking earlier action were fools.

I told all the people who suggested early action that they were fools did I? Happy to see evidence of that.

If you are saying the people who suggested earlier action aren’t fools, then conversely you must be saying the ones who didn’t suggest earlier action are. That being the case Ann Budge, the Hearts board, our benefactors, our legal team, etc, are all fools, but you’re not.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that lockdown isn’t helping your thought process here. Maybe get yourself out for a walk and just chill mate.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )