SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know Hearts aren't doing this directly.

But by publicly acting as a facilitator/go between, Hearts are associsated with this cash and it's now another stick to be used against us.

From a strategic perspective Hearts should have been totally distanced from this.

So it would have been better for the benefactor to approach the spfl on his own and after us refusing to do so ? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This has been the issue since Ann’s proposal, using the same forum to promote reconstruction and introduce the benefactor. 

The benefactor can do as he likes with his cash because it’s his cash, not Hearts’. He clearly wants Scottish football to be played and wants to help (and can!) But I think his involvement with us so far proves where his loyalties lie. 

I have to hope there are 2 strands to this: keep the league going AND right the wrong of our expulsion. 

If not...jeez, I wouldn’t like to be in Ann’s shoes. 

We’ll  just have to wait and see how all of this plays out. Mrs Budge has either played a blinder or has been a failure in all of this. Time will tell.

I have the feeling we will be playing in the Championship. Only really savage action by us through the courts might change that. While I am sure she has the appetite for  court action looking for compensation for us, I don’t think she has the stomach to reek havoc though the SPFL with interdicts and action which would thoroughly savage the organisation and the other clubs. That unfortunately  is what’s needed.

We are already being treated as pariahs by most of the rest of the clubs so really what they think of us or what they say about us matters not one iota. In any case no matter what, we the fans have it in our hands to substantially hurt the very people who have screwed our club. Make sure that when the season starts we all spend our money wisely,  and not line the pockets of clubs who quite obviously hate us.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not having a go mate but that’s exactly what you are suggesting. That makes no sense at all. 

What makes no sense at all ? I'm telling you what I know !! We're not anywhere near the end game here yet 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You can’t be suggesting that the strategy is to help the rest of the clubs financially and then take them to court? 

It’s his money and he wanted to help. Surely on that basis the strategy is he wanted to help so better we bring him to the table. Was it part of the master plan at the start ? Doubtful but if it was going to happen imo better for us for him to be in our car. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So it would have been better for the benefactor to approach the spfl on his own and after us refusing to do so ? 

Yes

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, RENE said:

I'm not getting this.   If over £4m is being offered (roughly 100 odd grand each) why do the clubs have to take three days to think about it.  I think there's something else that no one is mentioning.  

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Good point.  Whilst Celtic are trying to buy buy buy.  Although they have to cos they might lose a 58 million asset of a player.  I feel sorry for them both, lets help them!

Playing devils advocate.

ALL teams have been burdened by an expected cost.

Irrelevant to what they spend on playing staff.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

But by publicly acting as a facilitator/go between, Hearts are associsated with this cash and it's now another stick to be used against us.

From a strategic perspective Hearts should have been totally distanced from this.

Why? When we go to court our QC is going to say we've done everything possible even introducing someone to donate millions to facilitate testing across the board 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What makes no sense at all ? I'm telling you what I know !! We're not anywhere near the end game here yet 

So our benefactor is going to help clubs like St Mirren with testing but we are then going to take the clubs to court for damages. Really? 

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Any compensation we were to win will come from new sky deal and come time when tv monies due to be paid out that's when clubs will be hit in the pocket 

I'd rather James Anderson had just given us the £4.75M he's giving to the other clubs, plus take the SPFL to court. Then, championship or not, wait for the SPFL clubs to go bust. We'd be back in the SPFL sooner or later with the Anderson money plus what's awarded by court.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Right am leaving it there but last thing will say to those thinking Mrs Budge going to roll over I think you'll be pleasantly surprised 

Just now, buzzbomb said:

I'd rather James Anderson had just given us the £4.75M he's giving to the other clubs, plus take the SPFL to court. Then, championship or not, wait for the SPFL clubs to go bust. We'd be back in the SPFL sooner or later with the Anderson money plus what's awarded by court.

I’m sure we all would. We don’t get to decide what he spends his money on unfortunately.  

kingantti1874

this feels like a victim of abuse who’s voluntarily paid for the privilege After the event .

100% would rather have sat out the season, screwed these ****ers for £10m and used it to completely rebuild than give them (or facilitate them receiving) a single penny.

I’d be astonished now if we end up in court.

I think she wants the fixtures out so we can get our house in order, appointing a manager, releasing players who have relegation clauses, selling season tickets etc.

Hurting other clubs via court action won’t sit well with her and she’ll let us know at some point later in the Summer that she’s dropping it.

We’re ****ed.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

So our benefactor is going to help clubs like St Mirren with testing but we are then going to take the clubs to court for damages. Really? 

Why are you linking the two things ? One has nothing to do with the other. 

I think everything depends on the strength of our court case:

if it’s very strong and we’d likely get compensation of £3m - £4m then reconstruction could be on the cards. Even with JA’s cash a number of clubs will be operating on the edge and won’t fancy the prospect of paying their share of that compo;

if our case is weaker, look out for an announcement that we’ll be competing in a curtailed Championship with a parachute payment and Robbo lined up as manager to assuage the fans’ disappointment/anger.

Just now, Dazo said:

I’m sure we all would. We don’t get to decide what he spends his money on unfortunately.  

Yeah, that's true. I certainly hope Ann would have put that case forward though.

kingantti1874

Because it makes no senses. Will JA but happy or sad if hearts win, impacting revenues for next season and then force clubs back into a position where they can play. 

Of course we don’t get to decide how he spends his money, but this certainly hasn’t strengthens our case for reconstruction not has it strengthens our league case.. and Ann Budge is going to go to court to win the money he has just handed over.. 

bizarre..

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, buzzbomb said:

Yeah, that's true. I certainly hope Ann would have put that case forward though.

Maybe he said he wanted to help Scottish football first ? After discussions with Ann he then followed that up with the 5 year bankroll deal. Basing that on nothing other than someone who has handed over millions to the club and clearly has a very strong relationship with Ann is suddenly going to **** us over. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I’m responding to Selkirk who said James would be contributing to our court bill. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People questioning someone like James Anderson? 

Really......really?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Because it makes no senses. Will JA but happy or sad if hearts win, impacting revenues for next season and then force clubs back into a position where they can play. 

Well one of the many things thrown at us and Ann is the self interest card and we don’t care for any club outside the premiership. Well bringing the benefactor to the table with Unconditional millions shared equally between all clubs removes that. I’d like to hear a chairmen/ceo from any club throw that at us again. 

Edited by Dazo

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Again, she’s is going to try and win back the money just handed out?..

best case scenario we win our battle. we aren’t going to win £4.75m ! .. playing in a the  championship with reduced figures will cost us more than that. 

pointless! 

How can you win BACK what was never yours in the first place? And who has said that money is being paid to the clubs?

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No I don't actually think it will be dealt with by august but I do think if it goes to court tv monies will be frozen 

I'm sure it's in their rules (posted earlier on the thread) the circumstances that they cannot give clubs money. Pending litigation was one of them.

I think people need to stop assuming AB and JA are a pair of plonkers being led up the garden path. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Really......really?

Yes they are. I’ve no idea what’s changed that’s got people losing their minds this morning. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Really......really?

Thankful for the support but it is entirely valid to question this move and how it makes any sense in the context of our position!

If You expected hearts fans to be happy our main benefactor, has cashed up the teams who voted us into this mess - including teams we utterly DESPISE .. never in a million years will we welcome that with open arms

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe he said he wanted to help Scottish football first ? After discussions with Ann he then followed that up with the 5 year bankroll deal. Basing that on nothing other than someone who has handed over millions to the club and clearly has a very strong relationship with Ann is suddenly going to **** us over. 

I honestly can't see how it doesn't undermine us. And, trust me I really want it not to be the case. Effectively, he's helping teams that have shafted us so we'll have a championship to sportingly compete in next season to allow us the chance to get back to the SPFL? Meanwhile, we'll sue the SPFL for £3-4M, which he'll help fund? I just don't see how it helps us.

kingantti1874

Well one of the many things thrown at us and Ann is the self interest card and we don’t care for any club outside the premiership. Well bringing the benefactor to the table with Unconditional millions shared equally between all clubs removes that. I’d like to hear a chairmen/ceo from any club throw that at us again. 

All well and good. Reconstruction still won’t happen and out court case certainly hasn’t been helped. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who cares if self-interest is levelled at us. Everyone else has looked after themselves. And, it doesn't matter what Hearts do, the press will always give them it tight. Nothing we do will ever change that. Ann must see that by now.

Two meetings at the SPFL this week and so far complete silence. How unusual for one of the roasters not to come out of one of these meetings and lay into Hearts and Ann Budge with their usual blend of malice and downright jealousy. Something is obviously going on because of the silence. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

All well and good. Reconstruction still won’t happen and out court case certainly hasn’t been helped. 

If we were going to court we should have done it a while ago. It feels now as if the waters have been muddied - and as I’ve been saying for a while, I’m not convinced that Budge wants to drag this to court anyway.

I’m totally confused about JA’s motivation here. From the perspective of Hearts and Budge (who put the SPFL onto him) it just doesn’t make sense 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Really......really?

In what context? 

Just now, Deevers said:

Two meetings at the SPFL this week and so far complete silence. How unusual for one of the roasters not to come out of one of these meetings and lay into Hearts and Ann Budge with their usual blend of malice and downright jealousy. Something is obviously going on because of the silence. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'd more likely say it's positive.

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not sure this is going to end the way any of us want it to

If we take a step back to before James Anderson’s cash became a factor, the only difference since JA is the championship might start a bit earlier than January. It wasn’t going our way before  that either. 

There is no chance we’ll get enough votes over the 42 clubs. The only slight, and it’s very slight, chance we have is if the Premiership vote it through. If the top flight wants to play a 14 team league the lower leagues will just be steamrolled into acceptance and be left to sort the rest out. Clubs like rangers and celtic won’t be dictated to by the likes of Dunfermline and queen of the south. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

I honestly can't see how it doesn't undermine us. And, trust me I really want it not to be the case. Effectively, he's helping teams that have shafted us so we'll have a championship to sportingly compete in next season to allow us the chance to get back to the SPFL? Meanwhile, we'll sue the SPFL for £3-4M, which he'll help fund? I just don't see how it helps us.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s almost universally accepted that reconstruction will fail. Court was always about compensation, Ann has made that clear. Nothing has changed other than we might now have a league to play. It’s bitter and self destructive hoping for oblivion for Scottish football no matter how hurt we are right now. We have to play the cards that are put in front of us, there is still hope but our likely best outcome is a huge financial compensation payout. 

27 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Maybe so but the Anderson cash is the final brick in the wall in terms of convincing a Court that the league finish was called way too early and the remaining games could quite easily have been fulfilled starting next week just like England, Spain, Italy etc. There’s actually nothing, other than a second wave of virus, standing in the way of us playing Ross County next week as fixtures resume. Very strong point in our favour in any legal action or comp claim. 

11 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I'm sure it's in their rules (posted earlier on the thread) the circumstances that they cannot give clubs money. Pending litigation was one of them.

I think people need to stop assuming AB and JA are a pair of plonkers being led up the garden path. 

This.

What a lot of nonsense being spouted on here ive not seen any mention in the media today stating we won't be going to court - infact it was reiterated by Anne on Sportsound last Saturday that we would be more than likely to rectify a decision that is blatantly wrong 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

It’s almost universally accepted that reconstruction will fail. Court was always about compensation, Ann has made that clear. Nothing has changed other than we might now have a league to play. It’s bitter and self destructive hoping for oblivion for Scottish football no matter how hurt we are right now. We have to play the cards that are put in front of us, there is still hope but our likely best outcome is a huge financial compensation payout. 

I would love to see that payout hurt quite a few other clubs so badly that they fail. It’s hard not to feel angry and bitter towards some of them because of what’s been said and done by some of them during all of this. No matter what, I think that all of this is going to have ramifications for some time to come. Only Hearts from now on for me.

Ann budge could not get reconstruction on the table whilst clubs were bleating about not being able to afford testing . She went away and came up with a solution and got it back to the table . Clubs will be asking her to find a league sponsor next. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

people keep saying this, IF we win our court case then it’s would probably cost teams virtually the same amount of money they have just received. 

so HOW will we have a league to play in given teams have no match day income and we’ve just taken the money JA has gifted.  If we win we will be right back at square one, the only thing is the net effect to premiership teams will be less

Riccarton3

I think the SPFL runs like the mafia or a Mexican drug cartel

Edited by Riccarton3

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe so but the Anderson cash is the final brick in the wall in terms of convincing a Court that the league finish was called way too early and the remaining games could quite easily have been fulfilled starting next week just like England, Spain, Italy etc. There’s actually nothing, other than a second wave of virus, standing in the way of us playing Ross County next week as fixtures resume. Very strong point in our favour in any legal action or comp claim. 

Portugal starting back soon with 10 games to go. 

Maybe you're more forgiving than me, but that will completely scunner me with football up here. That Ann's friend has helped the teams/Doncaster who have done us over and not just that, stuck the boot in too.. Sorry, but I'd rather Scottish football rotted. And, Hearts will still get the negative press. There will be no thanks. **** that.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

people keep saying this, IF we win our court case then it’s would probably cost teams virtually the same amount of money they have just received. 

so HOW will we have a league to play in given teams have no match day income and we’ve just taken the money JA has gifted.  If we win we will be right back at square one, the only thing is the net effect to premiership teams will be less

The court case won’t affect the start of the league imo. It’ll take months if not a year. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's the way I see it too.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The court case won’t affect the start of the league imo. It’ll take months if not a year. 

fair point but they will need to set aside the funds so again fairly pointless

again - personally I’d rather not have played at all for a full year than facilitated help in any way for teams, chairman and fans who are the scum of the earth. 

Edited by kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not if it includes or consists of an interim interdict.

Just now, 1874jrs said:

Ann budge could not get reconstruction on the table whilst clubs were bleating about not being able to afford testing . She went away and came up with a solution and got it back to the table . Clubs will be asking her to find a league sponsor next. 

Baillie Gifford Championship. Invite only 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )