SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd hold fire with anger on this one. If they are just trying to get things moving I think we agree.

It’s just a headline. There is nothing in the article at all about Celtic demanding fixtures being issued. A fairly bland quote from Lawell on wanting to get back to football. No mention by him of fixtures being issued. 

surely they’ll first need to take a poll next week on who’s playing come August and who isn’t  

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Due to recent actions and words, there’s not many clubs on that list who I’d feel sorry for.

Most of them have been fine when travelling to watch the games ,but, if hamilton were to be in a bit of bother then tough 

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, graygo said:

You chosen to ignore this part of the link you provided.

"You are allowed to take part in volunteer work while you are furloughed, as well as training, so long as the work does not provide services to or generate revenue for, or on behalf of your organisation."

Now tell me how they can't train.

Because training in this context is like taking an educational course, I want to learn a new computer language whilst being unable to work. Physical training for a footballer is part of their job. They are not allowed to work whilst claiming furlough. Why should the taxpayer pay for someone not to work, when they are working.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

If text can be put up for Spence please so as not to give the Courier and the Spence article click bait.

Stopped reading what he says because from his Twitter feed of late he has been going down the route of all things catholic good, everyone else bad.

This is the problem with the world. I only want to listen or read opinions that I agree with. Spence makes good points. 

SectionDJambo

So Ann Budge is the selfish, self interested one in all of this?
Not the clubs who voted to end any chance of them being relegated, without a care in the world for the clubs financially damaged by this. Or the clubs, in the lower divisions, using this crisis to try to get a bigger share of the tv money, which they do zero to earn.

This is like a barrel of monkeys. They’ll deserve all that is coming to them soon.

CavySlaveJambo

Given the furlough scheme will end in October, surely that means clause 12 comes in to play before then, at least for the full time clubs.  So get them all playing. Surely there is enough for 2 full leagues of FT clubs to start playing in August, wonder if Dundee and Raith knew they’d be voting for no footie for the rest of 2020 at least 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are sick of taking the maroon Saturn 5 up their Mersey Tunnel of a farter.

It's that simple.

Beautiful 🤩🤩🤩

annushorribilis III
28 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It is entirely nonsense, the SFA rule applies to footballing decisions, this is Company Law, which applies equally to the SPFL/SFA as any other company in the land.

And if that isn't enough to put this to bed : the SPFL legal opinion warned them about possible legal action (it specifically mentioned PTFC case in 2005 - or thereabouts) . Their lawyers expressly mentioned the law usually being reluctant to get involved in this type of case  and emphasised that the plan of action was done in such a way to reduce even further any chance a club (ie HMFC) might have in the courts.

The legal opinion doesn't mention anything about protection from SFA or FIFA . On the contrary : it said don't be surprised that legal action might arise. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Given the furlough scheme will end in October, surely that means clause 12 comes in to play before then, at least for the full time clubs.  So get them all playing. Surely there is enough for 2 full leagues of FT clubs to start playing in August, wonder if Dundee and Raith knew they’d be voting for no footie for the rest of 2020 at least 

How many of the players are full-time pros ? Just the Championship ? 

Walter Bishop

Ann Budge interview on Sportsound coming up. She say`s she has a Philanthropy offer to help lower league clubs that she cant even get heard. 

8 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Because training in this context is like taking an educational course, I want to learn a new computer language whilst being unable to work. Physical training for a footballer is part of their job. They are not allowed to work whilst claiming furlough. Why should the taxpayer pay for someone not to work, when they are working.

It’s not generating income and I’d hardly describe it as providing a service either. The only way a footballer makes a club money is to play in a match.

if you learn a computer language of your own back then it’s irrelevant. If your work puts you on a training course during furlough to learn the computer language that’s because it’s going to be of benefit to them, while not providing a service or generating income, it is preparing to go back to work. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Was Kris Boyd a BT pundit or a SKY TV pundit on Scottish football? If the former hes now lost his job so could be more bitter than usual.

You’ve got to wonder and weep at how he ever got a job in the first place. Sky don’t give two shites for scottish football. Is that really what we have to put up with? An absolute ****ing halfwit giving his opinions? 

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Cheers Biffa, saved me the bother. It has been made abundantly clear you can't carry on your daily job while on furlough, and quite right too, why should the tax payer subsidise a company and get them ahead of the competition by paying wages to workers. Whilst I admit football is a different story to the general furlough rules the fact remains footballers training ( out with personal fitness) is against the spirit if not against the rules completely.

CavySlaveJambo
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

How many of the players are full-time pros ? Just the Championship ? 

Falkirk, and Raith is a mix. 

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are sick of taking the maroon Saturn 5 up their Mersey Tunnel of a farter.

It's that simple.

Only the 12 premiership clubs allowed to return to training from June 11th

NOT HEARTS!!

The cost is too much for the other teams in the league so Hearts get ****ed over here too.

🤣

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Cheers Biffa, saved me the bother. It has been made abundantly clear you can't carry on your daily job while on furlough, and quite right too, why should the tax payer subsidise a company and get them ahead of the competition by paying wages to workers. Whilst I admit football is a different story to the general furlough rules the fact remains footballers training ( out with personal fitness) is against the spirit if not against the rules completely.

Training isn’t a footballers job, it’s preparing to do his job which is playing football. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder what patronising, snide, anti-Hearts garbage Cosgrove will come out with today

I am disappointed Budge is having anything to do with these clowns!

6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

That's not a fact, it's your interpretation of the guidelines.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, norrie1952 said:

Celtic want a fixture list f...k them and that sniggering idiot Gordon 

Gordon is like a teenage lassie giggling every time she sees a boy. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, gator said:

I am disappointed Budge is having anything to do with these clowns!

Was she on Off the Ball? I turned off after 20 minutes. 

In case anyone missed it (from ProfessorJason Leitch on Off the Ball), 1 August start is just pencilled in.

Depends on Government approval. How cautious Scottish Government is and concerns today from scientists that lockdown is being eased too quickly suggest that could easily be put back.

Edited by Mikey1874

letsmakesomenoise
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Only the 12 premiership clubs allowed to return to training from June 11th

NOT HEARTS!!

The cost is too much for the other teams in the league so Hearts get ****ed over here too.

🤣

Not good for our chances in the SCP!  Thankfully we’re playing Hibs!

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Gordon is like a teenage lassie giggling every time she sees a boy. 

Lol

McCann raises the question of why Hearts can't train and Gordon tries

to pooh pooh it.  

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Was she on Off the Ball? I turned off after 20 minutes. 

She's going to be on Sportsound, right about now!

Edited by gator

Geoff Kilpatrick

Adding the no date of the Championship to the restraint of trade action, no doubt.

Her philanthropist pals are offering lower leagues money to help them get through this, as Budge is clear that this is more about Scottish football as a whole, not just Hearts.

But if the SPFL reject this, then Budge made it clear she won't care about them anymore and she'll focus solely in fighting for Hearts.

Must be loads of Celtic philanthropists ready as well to put money in to help Scottish football. Not just Hearts people. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Hi there Ann Budge! Welcome back!

She's never been away you've just suddenly woken up.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

this is the angriest i have heard her

Just fed up with them.

Time is moving on. The SPFL needs to come up with a framework for every club playing again. Hopefully an outline agreed with the clubs this week. 

The most telling phrase was saying "they are not interested". 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )