SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Oh I think Doncaster will favour this. 100%. Court action is the last thing he wants.

Its the small minded, petty attitudes of those running the clubs that are the problem. I fear there are too many of those involved with Scottish clubs to overcome.

Yeah, that's how I see it.  Cutting their nose to spite their face.  This really should have been a proposal from Doncaster and not Ann Budge.  Be interesting to see what comes out of the rest of the working groups.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

At first I was optimistic perhaps naive.  It’s blatantly obvious that the short sighted selfish clubs can’t wait to vote this into oblivion.  I really don’t want to be like this but I hope the whole game comes tumbling down around their ears.  The pure hatred that is being directed our way is incredible.  What’s also incredible is how the people who are meant to be running the game are sitting back letting all this take place.  How on earth is it left to Ann Budge on her own to come up with a plan to move forward from this crisis???  How the hell is that not the responsibility of the SPFL??  Is that not supposed to be their actual job???  Really is incredible.  Get the vote started and let them shoot it down and end this comedy show and let’s get court proceedings underway and cause as much chaos as possible.  

I don’t think they have been sitting back. I suspect Doncaster and others have been very busy laying things out in no uncertain terms to the club chairmen, making sure they realise just how bad things could get for them in the coming weeks and months.

Ainsley Harriott

I dont think Ann even believes there is the slightest chance this will go through. However when it comes to the court case the fact she offered them  fair alternative will  work in our favour. Cant wait for them to write us a big fat compensation cheque.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I reckon this could be voted for by as little clubs as the Rangers resolution. 

I think it will get a fair bit more than that but still no chance of passing.  Remember, the League 2 clubs backed a 14 team set up didn’t they?  Can’t remember if that was to include Kelty and Brora though. 

28 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m still of the opinion that if it’s a 75% vote requirement, then it’s as good as already passed. If it is 11-1 it’s ****ed.

I still think it’s a pretty excellent proposal too. It highlights some stark realities to a few of the clubs who would happily vote it down if they were financially sound for the coming season/s.

Vote for this, and by its very nature, you will be in a division that best suits your needs to survive the next two years of nuclear winter.

Vote for this and HMFC along with FoH and benefactor assistance, will provide test kits, hub facilities like changing rooms and a pitch to play on, and cold hard cash.

Don't vote for this and we go after compensation as well as our parachute payment. This at a time when your income streams are already about as solid as Casper’s arse.

Don't vote for this and you will get **** all help from us, as our considerable resources will be kept in house only, to protect ourselves.

Not so sure mate, I think the prem is in the bag. Sky talks.

The lower leagues are the issue for me. Even more parochial and no concept of big picture.

Crazy thing is the Sky deal effects every club.

Doncaster better be on the blower to every single club putting very plainly how expelling Hearts will effect the deal.

As for champ clubs against it due to 6 relegated in 2 years:

1) that may not happen if we decide to keep the structure

2) that may not happen if teams go bust, and they will

3) if it does happen, its actually more likely to be 4 or 5

4) THERE WILL BE SIX CLUBS PROMOTED TO IT THIS SEASON IF THE RESOLUTION PASSES!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheBigO

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m as surprised as anyone at my positive optimistic outlook here. I am just trying to look at it through the eyes of someone who is running a Scottish Football club right now... they must be aware of the shitstorm that is coming by now? Surely there’s none of them that still think getting one up Hearts is more important than the actual survival of their club? See if I was a Chairman or CEO of a lower league club, or even half of the Premiership, I’d be very nervous about my club’s future right now. Some of these wee clubs in the Bush Leagues have habitual supports, and if they have to shit down for a season or worse, there is a very good chance they will not bother coming back again, once that habit is broken.

If it’s 11-1, then yes, I agree. Not a chance.

The problem I see is the fact that many of these people do not think rationally. I reckon as far as the Premiership is concerned at least two will vote no out of  spite and hatred. In the other divisions most of these people really have not got a clue. Their clubs have been kept alive for years by money filtering down from the top league. Many of the clowns have an inflated sense of their own importance and will see this as an opportunity to flex their muscles. It’s off to court I reckon and carnage will follow.

Captain Canada

Almost every club in Scotland looks at the negatives and worst-case scenario with everything. If this gets voted down then goes to court and clubs get compensation, they'll be staring the worst possible scenario right in the face - oblivion. 

Billybuffjaw
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I dont think Ann even believes there is the slightest chance this will go through. However when it comes to the court case the fact she offered them  fair alternative will  work in our favour. Cant wait for them to write us a big fat compensation cheque.

My fear is she has proposed saving Scottish football with one hand with the threat of ruining it if not accepted, I can't see that going down well at all. My own opinion is reconstruction was never going to happen and we would have been better taking it on the chin and with dignity. Let's be honest here, we wouldn't have voted for this if we hadn't finished bottom.

FWIW I think a few clubs will fold before a ball is kicked in earnest and we'll be in the top flight anyway.

Seen on twitter that the price of football twitter page is saying Hamilton could be in serious trouble financially. 

There is no reason for any club to vote against these proposals, not one apart from bitterness towards Hearts.

I hope she has deliberately played a blinder here by using our name lots of times and the thick clowns who run these clubs only see Hearts, Hearts, Hearts and stupidlt for them vote against it.

Take it to court and ruin teams!

7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Strange way of looking at it. They were playing Falkirk, Raith, Airdrie, Dumbarton this season - next season they’ll be playing Brechin, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir.  They have been put down a league while Cove and Edinburgh City have been promoted - but you’re effectively saying these 2 have been promoted 2 leagues, if you’re saying the rest of the League 2 teams have been promoted! 

Anyway, we’re not going to agree on it so I’m saying no more on it. 

None of that makes sense. You have to stop counting from the bottom. By your logic all the Premier league teams would be demoted to the 3rd bottom league when the are 4th bottom now. The only reason teams would be against it is if they think they can't beat the current L2 sides and end up in the 4th tier when the leagues revert back in two years time. 

The Future's Maroon

Guessing today could be one hell of a day for club statements?

Allowayjambo1874
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Seen on twitter that the price of football twitter page is saying Hamilton could be in serious trouble financially. 

You’ve made my day mate

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The problem I see is the fact that many of these people do not think rationally. I reckon as far as the Premiership is concerned at least two will vote no out of  spite and hatred. In the other divisions most of these people really have not got a clue. Their clubs have been kept alive for years by money filtering down from the top league. Many of the clowns have an inflated sense of their own importance and will see this as an opportunity to flex their muscles. It’s off to court I reckon and carnage will follow.

100% off to court.  The SPFL must be sweating it out big time right now.  Every single detail of the farcical vote that got us in this situation will be poured over and pulled apart.  Much much more detailed than the silly pathetic “Independent investigation” that we got a couple of weeks ago that somehow incredibly found the whole thing was legit and above board.  Something tells me here that Ann Budge knows a lot more about the ins and outs of what actually took place and the SPFL will know that she knows and will be desperate to avoid that.  

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Fingers crossed.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

There is no reason for any club to vote against these proposals, not one apart from bitterness towards Hearts.

I hope she has deliberately played a blinder here by using our name lots of times and the thick clowns who run these clubs only see Hearts, Hearts, Hearts and stupidlt for them vote against it.

Take it to court and ruin teams!

Brilliant post gambo well said.

Back to 2005
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Screenshot_20200527-085112_Twitter.jpg

Pans Jambo
4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Almost every club in Scotland looks at the negatives and worst-case scenario with everything. If this gets voted down then goes to court and clubs get compensation, they'll be staring the worst possible scenario right in the face - oblivion. 

I almost wish for this exact thing to happen. A year in the Championship would be shite but we have been there before, rebuilt and bounced back stronger.

We have a lot of positives. Low debt as far as I understand it (at least we used to).

A large loyal support.

Heading for 10,000 FoH contributors.

A "benefactor".

An Arron Hickey!£££

Hamilton, St.Johnstone, Stenhousemuir, St.Mirren, Dundee et-al just dont have that. 

They must be shiting themselves right now and if they're not, they should be!

If this gets voted down I will dance on their graves when they finally go!

Pans Jambo
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

🙏

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

:sweeet:

heartsfc_fan
10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Good. Hopefully the first of a few tin pot outfits to get into bother.

Is it just me or both Sky and BBC don't even know what the current set up of the leagues are. 

They are both saying it's 12-12-12-10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52813339

Championship side Partick Thistle and League One Stranraer were also relegated in the current 12-12-12-10 format when the season was ended by the SPFL amid the coronavirus crisis.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11995128/hearts-spfl-division-reconstruction-proposals-to-be-considered-on-wednesday

But Budge's proposed changes to the current 12-12-12-10 structure would solve what the plan describes as the "much debated unfairness and unjustness of relegating clubs as a result of the early termination of season 2019/20

willie wallace

Surprised to hear that Hamilton are in trouble.

I know their crowds are terrible but always got the impression they were very well run and able to live within their means quite comfortably.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

None of that makes sense. You have to stop counting from the bottom. By your logic all the Premier league teams would be demoted to the 3rd bottom league when the are 4th bottom now. The only reason teams would be against it is if they think they can't beat the current L2 sides and end up in the 4th tier when the leagues revert back in two years time. 

No, my logic is the top league is always the top league and the bottom league is always the bottom league. 

Clyde see it as relegation too (although personally I wouldn’t call that relegation, since it wasn’t on the field of play, but demotion) I’d imagine all the clubs in their position see it that way too, as would we if we were in that position.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/11/6418/

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

🙄... bank debts, credit cards maxed out... sounds like they may have a gambling problem 🧐

I hate this team, would not be a loss to Scottish Football. GTF. 

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Would hate this to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Surprised to hear that Hamilton are in trouble.

I know their crowds are terrible but always got the impression they were very well run and able to live within their means quite comfortably.

Well run? haha They gave hundreds of thousands of pounds to a NIgerian con man. 

Ainsley Harriott
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Seen on twitter that the price of football twitter page is saying Hamilton could be in serious trouble 

If they go into admin now and avoid a 15 point deduction  which would have relegated them I would be raging.

11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🙄... bank debts, credit cards maxed out... sounds like they may have a gambling problem 🧐

Took the words out my mouth.  Was just going to say is the 10 grand the bookie bill 😂😂😂😂👍👍

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

*goes on line to look up “dancing shoes” and “champagne”*

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, my logic is the top league is always the top league and the bottom league is always the bottom league. 

Clyde see it as relegation too (although personally I wouldn’t call that relegation, since it wasn’t on the field of play, but demotion) I’d imagine all the clubs in their position see it they way too, as would we if were in that position.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/11/6418/

But that isn't logical at all. So if the league was split into 5 divisions and they were in the second bottom then they would be OK with that? What if only 2 divisions? 

Edited by Anything2

Everybody Loves Baz!

I would Keegan style 'love it' if this shitehawk of a football club goes bust.

Love it.

Billybuffjaw
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I bet you didn't hate them this day :).

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If they go into admin now and avoid a 15 point deduction  which would have relegated them I would be raging.

I doubt they would as they would claim it’s due to force majeure.  Even if they did get a deduction it wouldn’t help us as it would be from next season - this season has already ended. 

What do folk reckon to the chances of this getting voted down, then the “working groups” report back with an almost identical proposal, which gets passed? 

So we are saying Hamilton are in big trouble already.  No surprise there.  My question is though..... have they not just received the end of season pay out along with everyone else that the SPFL were threatening not to give them unless they voted yes???  What’s happened to that already???  

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not keeping of adequate accounting records is interesting, though I saw a suggestion online that it could be that because the auditors at the moment cant go to the ground as it is shut due to Covid19, that the auditors are covering there back.

4 minutes ago, Billybuffjaw said:

I bet you didn't hate them this day :).

Meh... I’d laugh if someone beat the crap out of Nigel Farage. Wouldn’t make me seek them out to be my pal though. They’d still very likely be a dangerous lunatic.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not keeping of adequate accounting records is interesting, though I saw a suggestion online that it could be that because the auditors at the moment cant go to the ground as it is shut due to Covid19, that the auditors are covering there back.

It's from last seasons accounts ('18,'19), as they have just been published. 

Well it's just a financial statement, not full accounts. 

Hamilton Accounts year ended June 2019 

husref musemic
7 hours ago, obua said:

I’m raging that Ann budge has been left to try and sort out this whole shitshow.

Doncaster and his cronies will be laughing like feck that they didn’t have to do what they are paid to do.Like do what is best for all their members , if it goes tits up now it’s all Hearts fault .

Its unbelievable that Anne is doing the job of the SPFL and the £400k CEO to solve this car crash.

Now hiding away having done celtic's bidding ! 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

But that isn't logical at all. So if the league was split into 5 divisions and they were in the second bottom then they would be OK with that? 

The logic is that next season they will be put down beside the worst teams in Scotland who they would not be playing unless they are demoted. If they don’t get relegation they don’t play them, they play a better standard of team, likewise a restructuring to 14-10-10-10, again they wouldn’t play these pish teams. As I said Clyde see it as relegation too.  

We’re not going to agree so maybe best to agree there are at least 2 different ways of viewing it.  It is, however, another reason why AB’s resolution may not get voted through in leagues 1 and 2. Let’s wait for the statements and see their reasons. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They are only a stones throw from the ' Home of Scottish Football', they'll be fine and dandy!

38 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

At first I was optimistic perhaps naive.  It’s blatantly obvious that the short sighted selfish clubs can’t wait to vote this into oblivion.  I really don’t want to be like this but I hope the whole game comes tumbling down around their ears.  The pure hatred that is being directed our way is incredible.  What’s also incredible is how the people who are meant to be running the game are sitting back letting all this take place.  How on earth is it left to Ann Budge on her own to come up with a plan to move forward from this crisis???  How the hell is that not the responsibility of the SPFL??  Is that not supposed to be their actual job???  Really is incredible.  Get the vote started and let them shoot it down and end this comedy show and let’s get court proceedings underway and cause as much chaos as possible.  

It’s farcical to say the least. Can you imagine the English premiership,  Seria A or La Liga, allowing clubs to come up with reconstruction plans? It’s the job for the SPFL to do this and not our chairman. She’s never going to please all the clubs. The SPFL should be directing this and stating that no clubs shall be relegated...period. It’s a dereliction of duty to allow one member club go cap in hand to all 42 member clubs and beg them to save 3 clubs in particular. Part of me wants to be saved via reconstruction. The other part of me says go for the jugular and you will reap what you sow. He’ll hath no fury like a (jambo) woman scorned! Scottish football has become a circus, ran by clowns for bigger clowns. Totally scunnered with this circus. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m still of the opinion that if it’s a 75% vote requirement, then it’s as good as already passed. If it is 11-1 it’s ****ed.

I still think it’s a pretty excellent proposal too. It highlights some stark realities to a few of the clubs who would happily vote it down if they were financially sound for the coming season/s.

Vote for this, and by its very nature, you will be in a division that best suits your needs to survive the next two years of nuclear winter.

Vote for this and HMFC along with FoH and benefactor assistance, will provide test kits, hub facilities like changing rooms and a pitch to play on, and cold hard cash.

Don't vote for this and we go after compensation as well as our parachute payment. This at a time when your income streams are already about as solid as Casper’s arse.

Don't vote for this and you will get **** all help from us, as our considerable resources will be kept in house only, to protect ourselves.

BBC last night were saying a 9-3 was required.  This morning they're saying it's 11-1. Bye bye plan, hello court.

Midloth_Iain
33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

:pleasingao:

8 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

She must have known that these championship clubs were not in favour while phoning around the clubs......not sure what to make of all this.

She should have played her joker - you know, the one where when she's speaking to the chairman of club A she tells them that clubs B, C and D have said they'll vote for the proposal so since it doesn't matter which way they vote, it might as well be Yes.

joker.jpg

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )