SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

LarrysRightFoot

Didn’t Ann contact each club individually to get their thoughts/views? Surely she will only have put it forward if she thinks it’s got a fighting chance have spoken to everyone?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We will not get an interim interdict which would have any possibility of delaying the start of the season or more importantly threatens the Sky TV deal. 

Why would the court care about that.?

If we are contesting the expulsion and the process leading up to it then the season shouldn't be allowed to start until its sorted out. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Didn’t Ann contact each club individually to get their thoughts/views? Surely she will only have put it forward if she thinks it’s got a fighting chance have spoken to everyone?

You might find that offering a viable resolution is all part and parcel before taking it to court.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

She is saying the top league needs Hearts more than the championship does, and that the championship need Patrick more than Division 1. Or put another way the best way to protect Scottish football for the future at this time of crisis is by keeping clubs at a level they can best contribute to that aim.

That’s it in a nutshell. She used the term “regrouping” several times. Put clubs where they are most effective for themselves, and others. 

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A quick look on Pie and Bovril shows what other clubs think and what we are up against. No chance this will go through.

They can't see past its only about saving us, the media won't, the club's won't , the supporters won't.

I would happily take a season in the championship if it means killing off a few clubs on the way. Too many clubs think they will be leaching off us in the championship, they can all get fecked.

Very few are on our side on most sites.

When you speak to folk it's different but mostly we are resented and hated.

15 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Paul Barnes on The Nine started off by saying this is all about saving Hearts 

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Stenny chairman called part of it a fudge from budge. Not helpful

Yip! That's how Scottish football has not moved on for decades. What a pleb and totally disrespectful 

Captain Canada

It would maybe help our case if the other affected clubs put out statements backing it and saying how good the proposal is for the entire game. 

We seem to be a lone voice doing Doncaster's donkey work. 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Captain Canada said:

It would maybe help our case if the other affected clubs put out statements backing it and saying how good the proposal is for the entire game. 

We seem to be a lone voice doing Doncaster's donkey work. 

Has anyone heard from Rangers since they had a case dropped against them last week ?

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A quick look on Pie and Bovril shows what other clubs think and what we are up against. No chance this will go through.

They can't see past its only about saving us, the media won't, the club's won't , the supporters won't.

I would happily take a season in the championship if it means killing off a few clubs on the way. Too many clubs think they will be leaching off us in the championship, they can all get fecked.

Asking an average football fan to make a decision on anything more complex than the cash queue or the card queue (at half-time) is only ever going to result in ‘screw Hearts’.

indianajones

We will be fine regardless of what league we play in.  

I want as many clubs heads on sticks for this farce. Impale their crests on the plaza forever more. 

It is to be expected that most people don't bother to read past the headline to a story. It would be quite good if posters on here, instead of believing the spin put on a story involving us, read what is actually said before making negative comments.

If folk want to have a go at the fact that we have given people an opportunity to paint this negatively by certain phrases, that's fair enough. But please don't assume that the press will do anything other than go for the sensational angle every time. The truth is usually a bit dull.

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Looking forward to the court battle now.

I want clubs to fold.

I have no doubt that’s where we are heading. Too many pea brains involved in Scottish Football. I too look forward to a culling of these complete cretins. We will survive plenty of others won’t.

His name is

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes I cant seen it going through.

Hopefully, the fact that reconstruction is back on the table means there is something happening behind the scenes.

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

He’s a St Mirren fan so that adds up.

So much for BBC impartiality then. The report coloured by the views of a Paisley Celtic fan

SpruceBringsteen
12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Looking forward to the court battle now.

I want clubs to fold.

Yep, couldn't give a solitary **** about the vote or what league we're in. We'll be fine whatever. 

Just want legal action that ends the existence of several shitty nothing clubs now.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We will be fine regardless of what league we play in.  

I want as many clubs heads on sticks for this farce. Impale their crests on the plaza forever more. 

🤙

hughesie27

We are having discussions with the SPFL tomorrow. Pretty sure these discussions never took place last time round. I think there is a chance the SPFL are wanting to have this conversation and be able to come out of it in full support to edge clubs closer to backing it. 

Theyll be doing this as they are concerned about the court battle if it fails.

I still don't think it will get the backing however.

Kidd’s Boots

Having read the proposal issued tonight by AB, I have to say that the incredible amount of work carried out behind the scenes by her and her team should never be underestimated, whatever the outcome of tomorrow's vote. The backing of the benefactors has to be seen as a reflection of the belief they have in the Board and the vision of the future for HMFC post the unprecedented times we currently live in. My tuppence worth on the voting is this, 14 14 14, I believe will pass on the 9-3 75% Members Resolution, as I believe AB has given the indication from members that is their preferred option. The re-distribution will probably be then taken as a separate vote, with ICT and Hearts, along with Dun Utd then voting as Premiership clubs making it a 13-1, not 11-1. I may be off the mark with this but, it's a scenario I would hope that they have considered. If the consensus of the Members is for reconstruction and, by its very nature, survival, then for the greater good I sincerely hope sense will prevail for the 5% re-distribution of the larger pot. 

DarthVodka
51 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Read it for a 3rd time and her comments about the French case going to court and our benefactor backing is very clever.

’We can afford to take this all the way, can you?’

Agree with others that there was legal help behind some of that. :Agree:

this is why I think this has a chance, SPFL have no cash,  Celtic will know legal action will cost them and make it clear other clubs will also foot this bill.  I’d predict these clubs will be ‘reminded’ of this 

In all honesty, I'd love us to be the reason utter shite like St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton etc go to the wall.

We know we can afford to take it to court, we know we can survive, we know they can't.

He came across as a bit childish. 

If it’s definitely 75%, then it’s passed imo. 

He came across as a bit childish. 

He is ... and he’s holding Hearts to ransom. Why? Because he cannot believe his luck!

Remove these cobwebs from our game. Their 200 fans will cope! 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

On the vote my opinion is that it would be 11 for Prem. Whilst overall prize money is staying the same and I assume finishing 14th will be the same money as a current 2nd place Championship finish, there is still a change in that the minimum amount a Prem team will be guaranteed is lower.

If the prize money % stays the same it’s 9-3, if you change the % to make the gap between 12th and 13th (about £600k)or add two teams to the league structure  then it has to be 11-1. Adding two teams at this years prize money would cost £82.5k, we are happy to give up the £300k (clever that) to help bridge any gap. The prize money is going up next season anyway so no club will be losing money no matter what.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, MCW1976 said:

He is ... and he’s holding Hearts to ransom. Why? Because he cannot believe his luck!

We'll end up playing them in a friendly or something :whistling:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

They can still go to Scotland games 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Dave Cormack:  “We’ve consistently said we don’t believe major and permanent league reconstruction should be carried out in the midst of this crisis''

Why? There isn't a better time to have a genuine conversation about this. We need decisions to be made without the emotion of the regular football season fuelling it. I know he's being supportive of our efforts, but christ man. 

More teams permanently can only help weaker teams offering them much needed safety and stability. These are the teams that actually push youngsters along. Hamilton have given the Dons Ferguson and St Mirren Maclean. More stability can only mean good things in the long term. 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

We are having discussions with the SPFL tomorrow. Pretty sure these discussions never took place last time round. I think there is a chance the SPFL are wanting to have this conversation and be able to come out of it in full support to edge clubs closer to backing it. 

100%. Doncaster and the rest of the board are on our side now. They want/need this to pass. The lobbying won’t be starting tomorrow, it will have been taking place since the last proposal was ignored. Financial realities and what’s at stake etc.

I think it will get the 75%.

Captain Canada

You'd certainly hope that Sky wants the best possible product for its subscribers. That has to include Edinburgh and Highland derbies. 

Now Doncaster seems to have picked up the phone to them, hopefully they've made that very clear. 

Rabbie_Burns
2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

That post by Hager should be put up on every media outlet and social platform available.....Superbly written, a battle speech for every Hearts fan.....

Absatootinrootly Hashi 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

To be honest,  fans don't seem to have a clue about money,  nor players. 

Most are probably oblivious to the possibility of what is happening to their own club 

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The SPFL and the clubs have a ****ing great problem coming down the track IMO - their legal opinion said end the season, relegate Hearts and only then talk about recon - and IF you do, bear in mind the TV contract will likely be negotiated downwards. Well' guess what - after digging a big hole for themselves (re the threat of legal action) ,- Sky have apparently said there isn't a problem. 

So why didn't the SPFL board have this discussion with Sky before their bloody awful "vote Heart out"  disaster. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If the prize money % stays the same it’s 9-3, if you change the % to make the gap between 12th and 13th (about £600k)or add two teams to the league structure  then it has to be 11-1. Adding two teams at this years prize money would cost £82.5k, we are happy to give up the £300k (clever that) to help bridge any gap. The prize money is going up next season anyway so no club will be losing money no matter what.

I think he said he had me on ignore recently, so I’ll reply to you instead. A member’s resolution requires 75%. This is a member’s resolution.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

100%. Doncaster and the rest of the board are on our side now. They want/need this to pass. The lobbying won’t be starting tomorrow, it will have been taking place since the last proposal was ignored. Financial realities and what’s at stake etc.

I think it will get the 75%.

I’m not so sure. Far too many dickheads involved in all of this who want to kick Hearts when they think we are down. This will rebound badly on some.

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

No one can now say Hearts are the problem or our compensation claim killed clubs. 

Wrong. The MSM not only can and will, they will be believed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Dave Cormack:  “We’ve consistently said we don’t believe major and permanent league reconstruction should be carried out in the midst of this crisis''

Why? There isn't a better time to have a genuine conversation about this. We need decisions to be made without the emotion of the regular football season fuelling it. I know he's being supportive of our efforts, but christ man. 

More teams permanently can only help weaker teams offering them much needed safety and stability. These are the teams that actually push youngsters along. Hamilton have given the Dons Ferguson and St Mirren Maclean. More stability can only mean good things in the long term. 

Cormack has backed it tonight,  Lawwells onside too apparently. 

Urging others to get behind the approach. 

We've offered incentives as well as shown the duty of care to other clubs that the SPFL were mean to do, but didn't. 

We've recognized the difficulties faced at different sized clubs and worked that into the plans, showing leadership and direction that those who govern the game in this country seem incapable of, despite lofty salaries and posh offices. 

That document would have taken a huge amount of work and yet we get Chairmen thinking its all a laugh and a joke. No wonder the game is in such a poor condition:

33 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Stenny chairman called part of it a fudge from budge. Not helpful

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes she explained that. The parachute money we would receive wont be needed and can be used to give clubs 13 and 14 more money next season. No need to change the prize money distribution for all other clubs. 

The way I read it, perhaps incorrectly, was that she was just saying the £300k could effectively be used to increase payments to 13th and 14th.  However, given that the £300k relegation parachute is not required to be paid to us, I would have thought that would mean that it effectively increases the overall prize fund and if all of the £300k goes to only 2 clubs then it increases the distribution % for those 2 clubs.  

Would be good to be clarification either way rather than just the BBC changing its stance on this every 5 minutes.

Just now, Gizmo said:

We've offered incentives as well as shown the duty of care to other clubs that the SPFL were mean to do, but didn't. 

We've recognized the difficulties faced at different sized clubs and worked that into the plans, showing leadership and direction that those who govern the game in this country seem incapable of, despite lofty salaries and posh offices. 

That document would have taken a huge amount of work and yet we get Chairmen thinking its all a laugh and a joke. No wonder the game is in such a poor condition:

Just imagine how strong our legal case will be should they turn it down

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

The SPFL and the clubs have a ****ing great problem coming down the track IMO - their legal opinion said end the season, relegate Hearts and only then talk about recon - and IF you do, bear in mind the TV contract will likely be negotiated downwards. Well' guess what - after digging a big hole for themselves (re the threat of legal action) ,- Sky have apparently said there isn't a problem. 

So why didn't the SPFL board have this discussion with Sky before their bloody awful "vote Heart out"  disaster. 

It’s so ****ing obvious.  Yet another dereliction of duty from Doncaster to add to the never ending list.

Captain Canada

Reports a week or so ago suggested that both the OF and Aberdeen were in favour. Hopefully every other team will follow suit. 

I'm just glad it's not been dismissed out of hand tonight by a few clubs. I was fully expecting that. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Cormack has backed it tonight,  Lawwells onside too apparently. 

Urging others to get behind the approach. 

Of course they are. Forget the cost, there are far too many people whose hands are filthy with this shitfest to let this get anywhere near court.

We have basically said back the plan or we'll see you in court.

All that remains to be seen is if enough of the shitty little clubs that no-one gives a damn about can be "robustly" persuaded to vote in favour. Scottish football really is the pits.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I’m not so sure. Far too many dickheads involved in all of this who want to kick Hearts when they think we are down. This will rebound badly on some.

I'd be staggered if it didn't pass.

Reality is slowly seeping through. 

Normal is no more,  it's an emergency. Doncaster for all his faults has been stressing this from day one. 

They can't afford multiple clubs disappearing. 

Even this won't guarantee sanctuary for some 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, kila said:

Just imagine how strong our legal case will be should they turn it down

That's the thing. Even if we eschew the expulsion and simply go for money, it will be the biggest reality check in history.

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think it will be close, but I think it will pass. Probably pass with three against. I think Doncaster and co have already been getting out the glove puppets and crayons to the six who rejected the proposed reconstruction paper without looking at it last time. I think some of them now realise that if they reject this member’s resolution, then there is a great risk that some of them could go to the wall when we get the lawyers involved.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It should have been the SPFL board

Exactly. What Anne has basically set out is the test of reasonableness ie what is reasonable under the circumstances. It is not a difficult concept to grasp and any independent group would have quickly come up with a similar proposal If as I anticipate it’s successful then it is a scathing indictment on the SPFL board. Doncaster Shifty et al should start clearing their desks. A shameful lack of governance which should never be forgotten 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Reports a week or so ago suggested that both the OF and Aberdeen were in favour. Hopefully every other team will follow suit. 

I'm just glad it's not been dismissed out of hand tonight by a few clubs. I was fully expecting that. 

With ABs explicit take it or we go to court stance  , I'd expect club chairman will not be saying much in the media before or after the vote. This could still end up in court .

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think he said he had me on ignore recently, so I’ll reply to you instead. A member’s resolution requires 75%. This is a member’s resolution.

Yeah but as Budge said adding teams or changing % of prize money needs 11-1, I think 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️? 9-3 would obviously be easier to achieve.

Edited by Pasquale for King

The parachute payment (assuming expulsion doesn't happen) could be used as a sort of crisis loan too. £300k could save several lower league clubs from going to the wall which appears to be a very real possibility. 

Common sense needs to prevail. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )