SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If the prize money % stays the same it’s 9-3, if you change the % to make the gap between 12th and 13th (about £600k)or add two teams to the league structure  then it has to be 11-1. Adding two teams at this years prize money would cost £82.5k, we are happy to give up the £300k (clever that) to help bridge any gap. The prize money is going up next season anyway so no club will be losing money no matter what.

Yeah but that £300k isn’t ours to give away if we don’t go down. That’s why I think the % distribution is being increased to 13th and 14th places as it comes out an overall prize fund.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah but that £300k isn’t ours to give away if we don’t go down. That’s why I think the % distribution is being increased to 13th and 14th places as it comes out an overall prize fund.

No it is, were down as it stands and they’re due us that £300k parachute payment.  Reconstruction means we are being added to the top league with ICT. It would be unfair to pay the 13th&14th what they get now, but that could be voted on later. 

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What, the position of having benefactors backing us for the next five years and 8500 and rising FOH pledgers? I’ll settle for that over any position, St Mirren, Hamilton, et al have.

No, the fact the other clubs cannot see passed the fact the restructure “saves” us. 

SectionDJambo
46 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure. Only Hibs maybe which would be sweet! Aberdeen has come out in favour as have several others. Celtic it seems could go for it. The other clubs would be encouraged to fall in line to avoid the court hassle, uncertainty and financial hit that would go with the court case. If Sky are indeed in favour that seals the deal as the Doncaster and co would then be in favour.

The way Budge has laid it out, there appears to be zero financial risk to expanding the league for any club and financial gain for every club. In addition for clubs like St Mirren, Hamilton and County it not only makes them money but potentially reduces their risk of relegation next season.

To vote against it, you'd have to be mad, or Hibs. And you'd have to have a VERY compelling reason because everyone would ask why they voted against it. "Not the time" won't wash again. "Money worries" seems to have gone as a reason against. "TV deal" doesn't seem to be an issue. The only reason would be spite and a desire to see one or more clubs suffer.

Sadly, the narrative, as pushed by the Scottish football media, seems to be Hearts trying to avoid relegation as a consequence of finishing bottom of the division. It seems to be completely forgotten that although were bottom, we had 24 points to play for and only 4 points to catch up. We did not finish bottom. We were bottom when the suspension of football was arbitrarily decided. Brainwashing at it's most sinister. 

It's almost like certain clubs and pundits/journalists are annoyed that Hearts survived the administration so successfully, by the initial recovery of club shares, instant promotion, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts, and replacing the old stand to complete the build of a brilliant football stadium.

First chance they get to try to finish us since our self made recovery, and they are all over it with relish, spite and sarcasm. They are pathetic.

I don't expect enough clubs to be able to see through the mist of the negative propaganda, or have the brains to see the proposal as a means to save as many clubs as possible by sticking together. I hope I'm wrong.

Very likely we will have no option but to resort to legal action.

11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think it will be close, but I think it will pass. Probably pass with three against. I think Doncaster and co have already been getting out the glove puppets and crayons to the six who rejected the proposed reconstruction paper without looking at it last time. I think some of them now realise that if they reject this member’s resolution, then there is a great risk that some of them could go to the wall when we get the lawyers involved.

And Sky say, "right, so no Edinburgh or Highland Derby then? Let's talk..."

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Sorry but where can I access the full proposal?

Page 718

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No, the fact the other clubs cannot see passed the fact the restructure “saves” us. 

Should make it a bit more interesting for a few years to come. 

Aberdeen or Motherwell can hardly complain St Mirren were in our position last season and survived and let us not forget Hamilton,  dodging a play off. 

So **** them,  could not give a shit

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Paul Barnes on The Nine started off by saying this is all about saving Hearts FFS

It's weird. The simple fact is that more clubs stand to gain under these proposals and no club loses.

The other option is no clubs gain anything and at least 3 clubs lose a lot.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Should make it a bit more interesting for a few years to come. 

Aberdeen or Motherwell can hardly complain St Mirren were in our position last season and survived and let us not forget Hamilton,  dodging a play off. 

So **** them,  could not give a shit

Oh yeah, **** them all. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sadly, the narrative, as pushed by the Scottish football media, seems to be Hearts trying to avoid relegation as a consequence of finishing bottom of the division. It seems to be completely forgotten that although were bottom, we had 24 points to play for and only 4 points to catch up. We did not finish bottom. We were bottom when the suspension of football was arbitrarily decided. Brainwashing at it's most sinister. 

It's almost like certain clubs and pundits/journalists are annoyed that Hearts survived the administration so successfully, by the initial recovery of club shares, instant promotion, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts, and replacing the old stand to complete the build of a brilliant football stadium.

First chance they get to try to finish us since our self made recovery, and they are all over it with relish, spite and sarcasm. They are pathetic.

I don't expect enough clubs to be able to see through the mist of the negative propaganda, or have the brains to see the proposal as a means to save as many clubs as possible by sticking together. I hope I'm wrong.

The whole point is we didn't finish bottom. We happened to be bottom when the government shut down football.

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

In my opinion AB has laid bare where we are now, how it’s going to be going forward, and what we all need to do to survive.  It might stick in some Chairmen’s craw that Hearts will stay in the Premiership but it shouldn’t, for the reasons we all know and agree on. If some Chairmen want to put their clubs very existence on the line then they’ll have a lot of explaining, to a lot of people, to so when the final nail gets hammered in the coffin.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No it is, were down as it stands and they’re due us that £300k parachute payment.  Reconstruction means we are being added to the top league with ICT. It would be unfair to pay the 13th&14th what they get now, but that could be voted on later. 

If we get saved by reconstruction we will not be getting a £300k relegation parachute payment!  

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

In all honesty, I'd love us to be the reason utter shite like St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton etc go to the wall.

We know we can afford to take it to court, we know we can survive, we know they can't.

AB did say previously there were too many clubs in Scotland!!

Win win for Ann methinks.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we get saved by reconstruction we will not be getting a £300k relegation parachute payment!  

That's part of Budge's case for reconstruction. It saves clubs money, before we even consider legal costs and possible compensation if they don't vote for this very sensible and workable solution that benefits most clubs and penalises no clubs.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I doubt Sky will give a **** about the Highland derby.  Wonder what the viewing figures for that would be?

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In my opinion AB has laid bare where we are now, how it’s going to be going forward, and what we all need to do to survive.  It might stick in some Chairmen’s craw that Hearts will stay in the Premiership but it shouldn’t, for the reasons we all know and agree on. If some Chairmen want to put their clubs very existence on the line then they’ll have a lot of explaining, to a lot of people, to so when the final nail gets hammered in the coffin.

I agree. There are bigger issues at play here than Hearts’ problems. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I doubt Sky will give a **** about the Highland derby.  Wonder what the viewing figures for that would be?

3 coos and a couple of sheep? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but as Budge said adding teams or changing % of prize money needs 11-1, I think 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

I think it’s the distribution model and the league as a whole changing in number of teams, not the divisions changing in number, that would mean 11-1 instead of 75%. I think as long as there is 42 clubs, and nobody gets their distributed share altered percentage-wise from what they would get for their own position in the 42, then it is 75% needed. This is still a member’s resolution.

“... I initially set out to put forward a Member’s Resolution to propose an adjustment to the League structure to address one specific problem; namely, how to avoid 3 Clubs being relegated as a consequence of recent decisions, given that these decisions, will have huge financial consequences for each of these Clubs. A discussion paper was issued to Premiership Clubs on 8th May, 2020 suggesting a way forward.

This current paper adds some detail to my initial proposition, which is largely unchanged... “

“In Scotland, the option still remains to avoid this route, simply by adjusting the structure of the League. As things stand, the principle of Sporting Integrity has been compromised and there is widespread agreement that relegation under the current circumstances is unjust. The fact that there is a growing realisation that some form of league restructuring will be needed to help Clubs to protect their businesses and ensure their own survival, suggests the time to do this is now.“

41 minutes ago, jake said:

Very few are on our side on most sites.

When you speak to folk it's different but mostly we are resented and hated.

Only by the rabid keyboard warriors 

Gordon Ramsay

If it passes great but if it fails (more than likely) we've clearly got the cash to take this further and maybe even bankrupt a few diddy clubs in the process. 

Win-win for us. 

Oh and benefactors for another 5 years/800 new subscriptions to FOH... When is it we are going bust again? 😂

29 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

The SPFL and the clubs have a ****ing great problem coming down the track IMO - their legal opinion said end the season, relegate Hearts and only then talk about recon - and IF you do, bear in mind the TV contract will likely be negotiated downwards. Well' guess what - after digging a big hole for themselves (re the threat of legal action) ,- Sky have apparently said there isn't a problem. 

So why didn't the SPFL board have this discussion with Sky before their bloody awful "vote Heart out"  disaster. 

See it's points like that make me want the club to go straight to court 😈

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We are relegated (demoted), we are due £300k parachute payment. That’s a fact, it’s been decided. Reconstruction is adding two teams to the top league, us and ICT.

Dundee United voted last week as a premiership team that we couldn’t finish the season.

Why would Budge mention us giving up the £300k if it wasn’t ours? She’s used it as a bargaining tool. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Well we're involved in three of the most viewed 4 fixtures so they want us for defs!!

Scottish football, with Sky's help do need to start promoting things like Highland Derby etc more. These local rivalries which are totally real set us apart from the half n half scarves of the epl

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

exactly. It’s not just about the Covid pandemic but the point at which football

stopped was out of the hands of the clubs and even the football authorities. Today’s reports about Cheltenham and Liverpool v Athletico show a view that those particular sporting events should have not gone ahead and that there was a slowness in taking the actions that UK Govt took.  Was it right to have full cards in England and Scotland a few days before those above events? Who knows.

If the game in Scotland had stopped the morning after we beat Hibs we would not have been bottom, if after the Motherwell game ok we were bottom but had just beaten Rangers and Hibs and drawn with 3rd place Motherwell and were 3 points behind a St Mirren team just trounced by Celtic... would they have all been so comfortable relegating us then? Or what if an Accies player tested positive for Covid and their games against Rangers and Killie didn’t happen... the point is Hearts had the misfortune to be bottom when the music stopped, and because it came on the back of the shitshow in Paisley it feeds the infant argument “aye but youse are pish and are bottom for a reason.” 

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The whole point is we didn't finish bottom. We happened to be bottom when the government shut down football.

And that is what Hearts, and any Hearts people who get interviewed by the press, or go onto Sportsound, should be shouting out above the trash being peddled.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

And that is what Hearts, and any Hearts people who get interviewed by the press, or go onto Sportsound, should be shouting out above the trash being peddled.

Except we have "guid Herts men" (sic) claiming that we are "becoming a laughing stock".

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think it’s the distribution model and the league as a whole changing in number of teams, not the divisions changing in number, that would mean 11-1 instead of 75%. I think as long as there is 42 clubs, and nobody gets their distributed share altered percentage-wise from what they would get for their own position in the 42, then it is 75% needed. This is still a member’s resolution.

“... I initially set out to put forward a Member’s Resolution to propose an adjustment to the League structure to address one specific problem; namely, how to avoid 3 Clubs being relegated as a consequence of recent decisions, given that these decisions, will have huge financial consequences for each of these Clubs. A discussion paper was issued to Premiership Clubs on 8th May, 2020 suggesting a way forward.

This current paper adds some detail to my initial proposition, which is largely unchanged... “

“In Scotland, the option still remains to avoid this route, simply by adjusting the structure of the League. As things stand, the principle of Sporting Integrity has been compromised and there is widespread agreement that relegation under the current circumstances is unjust. The fact that there is a growing realisation that some form of league restructuring will be needed to help Clubs to protect their businesses and ensure their own survival, suggests the time to do this is now.“

That’s what I said, a change in % which is only fair for 13th&14th places or an extra two teams require an 11-1 top team vote. It’s all about the money.

Big bad us, eh? 

Trying to "save ourselves" from something that didn't happen under the rules of the competition all the clubs signed up for at the start of the season. 

Trying to save ourselves from a corrupt and spiteful vote by bitter shitty little clubs like Hibs and Hamilton.

You really couldn't make this pish up. 

Fozzyonthefence

We are relegated (demoted), we are due £300k parachute payment. That’s a fact, it’s been decided. Reconstruction is adding two teams to the top league, us and ICT.

Dundee United voted last week as a premiership team that we couldn’t finish the season.

Why would Budge mention us giving up the £300k if it wasn’t ours?

If we play in the Championship we get a £300k parachute payment.  If we play in the Premiership we won’t get it.  Surely you agree with that?  I don’t think AB was saying she was giving that up but merely pointing out that the SPFL would no longer be paying it out if reconstruction goes through so it could be used to top up the payments due to 13th and 14th.  She was accepting we won’t be getting paid it if her proposal is successful.

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Well we're involved in three of the most viewed 4 fixtures so they want us for defs!!

Scottish football, with Sky's help do need to start promoting things like Highland Derby etc more. These local rivalries which are totally real set us apart from the half n half scarves of the epl

See, you are doing a better job of promoting the game than Doncaster already. Compare and contrast with his 'armageddon' quotes! How he's wangled a near £400k salary l know not!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

something which seems to be over the heads of many in the game! And headlines all about “saving Hearts from relegation” instead of what it should be: “avoiding any club being disproportionately and unjustly harmed as a result of Covid 19”!! 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

exactly. It’s not just about the Covid pandemic but the point at which football

stopped was out of the hands of the clubs and even the football authorities. Today’s reports about Cheltenham and Liverpool v Athletico show a view that those particular sporting events should have not gone ahead and that there was a slowness in taking the actions that UK Govt took.  Was it right to have full cards in England and Scotland a few days before those above events? Who knows.

If the game in Scotland had stopped the morning after we beat Hibs we would not have been bottom, if after the Motherwell game ok we were bottom but had just beaten Rangers and Hibs and drawn with 3rd place Motherwell and were 3 points behind a St Mirren team just trounced by Celtic... would they have all been so comfortable relegating us then? Or what if an Accies player tested positive for Covid and their games against Rangers and Killie didn’t happen... the point is Hearts had the misfortune to be bottom when the music stopped, and because it came on the back of the shitshow in Paisley it feeds the infant argument “aye but youse are pish and are bottom for a reason.” 

I agree with this completely.

However, after all this, regardless of the outcome, a serious review the footballing performance has to take place because we were awful for 18 months and were deservedly bottom. 

Given our budget and the players we have the performances and results, regardless of injuries, have been truly awful. That cannot be swept under the carpet. 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, KillieMitch said:

From an outside point of view that seems an entirely reasonable proposal. Killie were already in favour of reconstruction and I'd be surprised if Bowie opposed that. 

I think the crucial thing might actually be that it makes games in the Championship more likely next season by keeping more larger teams in there. And ensures there is no risk of Hearts and Inverness bring marooned if that league can't play - that might tip it over the line. 

Agree with the posters saying the language is a mistake. Its like all of those rambling statements. The specifics are usually right, it's great that Budge wants to communicate, but everything gets buried in waffle and things get taken out of context. An editor the only thing missing from that proposal. 

A good fair post. 

AB is known to waffle a bit but on this occasion, given the amount of consultation involved with clubs from all leagues she has been involved in, I think she’s had to address a number of issues that have obviously been raised. You’ll note that she says on a few occasions that there were concerns about this, or that, and I think some bits are addressed at specific clubs, who obviously had specific concerns.

It’s over to the clubs now. Forgetting any dislike of language or waffle AB has called the situation and remedy correctly in my opinion. We’ve set our stall out. We will survive regardless. Each club chairman will know what position they are in financially. If the can’t dig past a bit waffle to find a solution then hell mend them.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Except we have "guid Herts men" (sic) claiming that we are "becoming a laughing stock".

Embarrassing stuff, wasn't it. I'd like to think he knows he was played and either keep quiet or come out fighting for Hearts, instead of sucking up to those who are desperate to see us damaged.

That episode was the reason for me saying Hearts people need to wise up and defend our club. We are under attack from dangerous enemies.

EH23-Jambo

Already lots of Hibs and Celtic fans tweeting own Supporter groups and chairmen / directors demanding clubs do not vote for proposal. 🤬😡

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s what I said, a change in % which is only fair for 13th&14th places or an extra two teams require an 11-1 top team vote. It’s all about the money.

I must have skimmed over that, Apologies if I’ve missed it; does the resolution say that team 13 & 14 would get a different percentage of funds? Perfectly possible I’ve missed that, as it’s not exactly light reading.

Pasquale for King

If we play in the Championship we get a £300k parachute payment.  If we play in the Premiership we won’t get it.  Surely you agree with that?  I don’t think AB was saying she was giving that up but merely pointing out that the SPFL would no longer be paying it out if reconstruction goes through so it could be used to top up the payments due to 13th and 14th.  She was accepting we won’t be getting paid it if her proposal is successful.

Your initial post read to me like you were saying it wasn’t our money to bargain with, apologies if I read that wrong. Of course if we don’t go down and stay up we forfeit that, it’s good that she’s pointed out that saving and what they can do with it. I think she’s covered every eventuality and sets it up nicely to succeed or got to court having tried everything.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I agree with this completely.

However, after all this, regardless of the outcome, a serious review the footballing performance has to take place because we were awful for 18 months and were deservedly bottom. 

Given our budget and the players we have the performances and results, regardless of injuries, have been truly awful. That cannot be swept under the carpet. 

Agreed.

But that's something to deal with after we win this battle against those who want to damage us through spite and corruption.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Already lots of Hibs and Celtic fans tweeting own Supporter groups and chairmen / directors demanding clubs do not vote for proposal. 🤬😡

Thankfully, it’s not down to them how their club votes.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

something which seems to be over the heads of many in the game! And headlines all about “saving Hearts from relegation” instead of what it should be: “avoiding any club being disproportionately and unjustly harmed as a result of Covid 19”!! 

Correct

That’s what I’ve been saying all along how any club can penalise a club from this situation we find us in  is beyond me .

Absolutely no integrity.

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Definitely think Hearts not being in the top division is less than ideal from that point of view. The Edinburgh derby, Hearts v Celtic, Hearts v Rangers, and Hearts v Aberdeen would account for a pretty big drop in viewers/interest.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I must have skimmed over that, Apologies if I’ve missed it; does the resolution say that team 13 & 14 would get a different percentage of funds? Perfectly possible I’ve missed that, as it’s not exactly light reading.

Yeah 13th gets £600k less than 12th just now, it doesn’t have to be tied to this vote though it can come later or just leave it as is because prize money is going up anyway. It was long read, someone said they read it 3 times 😃 Most of these idiots in charge of clubs will need to get someone to summarise it for them.

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well since Mrs Budge proposal is out I can say what I'd heard and said to saughton in pm ! Sky want us in the top league and want the Edinburgh derbies which they've made clear to Doncaster so Doncaster is in reverse now to try convince clubs to back proposal 

Was always the case with Sky.

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, EH23-Jambo said:

Lawell/Celtic won't care so long as their cash remains (largely unaffected).

Hibs on the other hand .... hardly Dragons Den material when you boot your rival in the baws just so you can take  massive cut in revenue. Fair play tho,  Hibs CAN genuinely say it's not about the money. 

Yeah 13th gets £600k less than 12th just now, it doesn’t have to be tied to this vote though it can come later or just leave it as is because prize money is going up anyway. It was long read, someone said they read it 3 times 😃 Most of these idiots in charge of clubs will need to get someone to summarise it for them.

So 13th gets £600k less than 12th just now. What is that changing to if her proposal is accepted? I didn’t notice it saying that this would change with where the division line was moved to.

EH23-Jambo
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Lawell/Celtic won't care so long as their cash remains (largely unaffected).

Hibs on the other hand .... hardly Dragons Den material when you boot your rival in the baws just so you can take  massive cut in revenue. Fair play tho,  Hibs CAN genuinely say it's not about the money. 

Yeah. Here's just one example

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

So 13th gets £600k less than 12th just now. What is that changing to if her proposal is accepted? I didn’t notice it saying that this would change with where the division line was moved to.

She didn’t specify what it would be, just that 12th gets 4.5% of the pot and 13th gets 2.6 roughly. It’s a big difference obviously.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )