SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

SectionDJambo
33 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

In my opinion, fans won't be back in stadiums until EVERYBODY is able to attend. 

I agree.

Social distancing will never work in a football stadium. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree.

They are talking about the AFL having a Grand Final this year of 20K in the 100,000 MCG. I don't know what seems more shite. 20,000 fans or no fans.

Ethan Hunt
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Be nice if everyone thinks Hearts will lose.

Then they all get hammered.

Pretty much where I am. The issue is too many Hearts fans are also guilty of only reading the headlines and then form an opinion based on inaccuracies. I’ll keep up with my “aggressive” posting style to challenge the ill informed though. Any misinformation needs to work in our favour.

Biffa Bacon
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree.

That was my view from day 1, although needs must, if it brings in some cash it will be better than none. Better hurry up and secure STs to ensure that you stand a chance of attending. 

12 minutes ago, Swimmer said:

I am not sure how social distancing can work in any capacity at a football ground.

If we are all 2m apart and stay 2m apart then if any one of ous goes to the bathroom, sneezes in their hands and doesnt wash their hands afterwards, anyone else can go in 10 minutes after, touch the same surfaces and have the virus on us - and none of them have made physical contact in any way.

I was tested positive for Coronavirus and my wife and I have never social distanced yet she has tested negative. 

Regardless of social distancing, it will not work unless every single person follows hygeine guidelines.

All in my non-professional opinion of course.

Monitored sanitizer dispensers on the entrance and exit from the toilets. 

Anyone not using it is shot in the face.  

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Extreme  but fair. 

4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

default_ooh_matron2.png.0a6d3ee6ee7220e6c89df8972d0c4b7c.png

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, dallan said:

All over the world, businesses are looking at the opportunity this crisis gives us.

The business I work in is definitely in this space, reduced travel, more working from home, new ways to collaborate, technology etc, we will not go back to the way it was.

What surprises me most about this debacle is the complete lack of thought into how to come out of this in a much stronger position as a product.  Now I don’t have the answers but you would think that there are enough people in the game, out there that could look at it and not waste the opportunity.

I guarantee my Organisation will be much stronger coming out of this, will Scottish football - very much doubt it...

I fully agree - I hate this chat from the likes of Cormack that it’s not the time to look for permanent solutions.

It most definitely is - we’ve not had any football for 3 months aren’t likely to have any for another 2 to 3. This pandemic has effected everyone and all clubs - use the time wisely.

Review why supporters were turning off from the game and listen to why they want. Don’t focus and self interest and get rid of the can’t do attitudes. 

Its time for openness, grand scale thinking and future proofing our game, not moaning and defensive posturings..

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Hearts should be putting the wind up Doncaster by writing to him to ask what he's doing about the operating fitness of clubs going forward.    Put him on the spot.    Even if we got no reply,   it would add another thread to the tapestry to be pulled at later.

@Hagar the Horrible mentioned this to me a few days back about FFP rules stating a club must have the ability to meet its liabilities over the course of a season to even be able to start the season. 

That'll be an interesting conversation with some of the diddy clubs in the PL. 

To paraphrase an old poster on here 

GOT CASH BUD, U? 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

@Hagar the Horrible mentioned this to me a few days back about FFP rules stating a club must have the ability to meet its liabilities over the course of a season to even be able to start the season. 

GOT CASH BUD, U? 

It is something that has been bothering me.

External auditors should be appointed and go through each clubs books that want to play in Scotland.

An independant opinion given on each club as to whether they can play full time or part time or not at all

THe leagues should be constructed on that basis, on projection of grounds closed for the first 3 months

otherwise you could have every division suffering administration/liquidation events for several clubs very quickly, and certainly the Championship having only 4 teams playing by christmas

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

GOT CASH BUD, U? 

We need to add the subject to the body of evidence.    In writing,   raise the subject with Doncaster.     Even if ignored,   the subject is on record.

We should be doing this right now.    Today.

Diadora Van Basten

I actually think that we should be saying that if the virus doesn’t travel well outdoors that should give us the leverage to return to football with a few precautions.

Hagar the Horrible

There is an old saying you pay big bucks, you get incompetent fools on huge bonuses hiding in bunkers during times of crisis fiddling while Rome burns.  See RBS for details?

Ian Maxwell, gets paid a lot of money, his sole effort is to state the bleeding obvious.  “Football needs to work together”, and “we at the SFA are doing everything to protect grass roots football? “ What a total cop out.  Grass roots football can look after itself, it starts with a ball and a bit of ground to play on?  Then its run by dedicated individuals who donate their time to helping kids play in small clubs and sports centres, then there are boys clubs run by even more dedicated individuals donating their time and experience to bring kids along in teams?  Where is the SFA in that?  Sitting in board rooms showing off their new blazer, wondering how they can spend the gifts they get from Fifa, that font or morality! 

Then there is Doncaster, who has created a shitstorm, created an inconsolable chasm where there is now chairman who will need segregation in the board room on match days! The damage he has created to the SPFL is irreparable. He has governed over the worst era in our sport, created artificially to ensure the greetenest bairn gets the most milk! , whilst doing his level damned to kill off one of the country’s oldest and biggest fans owned club, with a proud history in restoring the reputation of the sport in the last greatest crisis the world has known, paying with their lives?  “football needs to work together”, we just need to move on and ignore the corruption that exists they say with the MSM backing?   One third of clubs see through the lies.  We are protecting one club and one club only at the expense of the other 41, not including Kelty and Brora!  3 clubs are being disadvantaged for no good reason.  He has overseen the worlds largest game of Russian roulette while Celtic get to sit back and watch, sipping tasteless whiskey (they can’t even spell). Clubs are pointing guns at their own heads and that of everybody else like some bad scene from a Tarantino movie? Clubs are offloading players faster than salt from a motorway gritter, most won’t ever play again.  Clubs are going to die?  And Doncaster is letting one club chairwoman earn his bonus, by trying to get the best for the terrified trio, where reaching a consensus will allow clubs to “Move ON” but more find a solution in advance before one is thrusted through their hearts with a blood soaked fist!

Then there is Liewell, the power behind the power, happy to smirk and gloat as they get their tainted title and create some perverted form of a new Easter Uprising like somehow they have overturned the result of the Battle of the Boyne upon appeal!  Make no mistake there is not any fan of all the 41 clubs who truly don’t believe Celtic are behind creating this division, and a lot of chairpersons too.  Celtic will be happy with their 30th title in a row, after a tough season where they conceded a record 2 goals against Brechin and St Mirren?  And all in a league collectively known as the Washington Generals? They don’t want any competition, just submission!

The SMSM their role in this cannot be underestimated?  Blood soaked knife wielding hands provocation of hatred to Hearts its players and its fans (inc Partick) Hearts MUST DIE a painful death, Hearts are the enemy!  Hearts in financial ruin, Hearts have taken wages of hard working players?  All ignoring some clubs won’t be able to pay deferred wages next month, and over 50 players have been thrown on the bonfire already?  Livi use “Bants” over a keepers future, Vlad very tongue in cheek, we will win the CL? Outrage!, Where is Vlad when we need him now?

A three-hour marathon tele-conf, oh the hardship, I have been in longer power point presentations.  But the clubs are trying to point score over ancient history soiled with pettiness, while ensuring that the open wounds can never heal and the infection rots away at the very fabric?  Nature hopefully provides balance, community clubs should do that and do it well; serve the community.  They need to be cut loose and be self-sufficient?  But equally we have 2 giant size behemoths even by behemoth standard?  Their consumption is starving the rest of us, and yet their greed is priority over our own nourishment.  One dies or better both die, then the nuclear winter we reside in becomes bountiful once again, but the chairman can only see the breadcrumbs left over from the wheat we grow?

Finally what about the fans…….What about you? what do you internet bampots have to say in any of this? NOTHING!, just shut up and put up, stop squealing like pigs, now give us your money so we can gleefully have more of the same?      Do we deserve this, can we claim it back?  How?  Covid 19 the carnage it has caused globally so far! might actually be the cure Scottish football needs and deserves?

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Yep, same things ive been saying. 

Legal action hinges on a technicality of Dundee's vote and Ann Budge taking a seat at the table has undermined our case. 

I don't actually think anything Budge has done to date has hindered our case. Initially, I took the view that by taking the seat she's legitimising the SPFL's position.

The reality is she's running down every possible non-legal action. This way, if it goes to court we can display clear evidence we tried our best to avoid it getting to this stage. If the clubs are stupid enough to not see that then I think they're in a for a rude, expensive awakening. 

I think if you go to court and can't demonstrate that you've attempted to work collaboratively to reach some sort of solution then it won't reflect well on her. Her taking the role as co-chair demonstrates a clear example of her committing to a good faith solution which was reneged on (as it never got to a vote due to the 'cabal' as Falkirk so elegantly put it) As things stand a lot is being demonstrated:

The not fit for purpose voting system

The self interest of the clubs

The piss poor governance of the SPFL

The abdication of leadership by those governing our game

Then you've got other points like the SPFL expelling us to a league which might not even be played, the totally disproportionate financial burden being put on ourselves.

All of this is evidence that there was a clear route to avoid litigation which the SPFL and its member clubs have refused to listen to. 

As a separate point, I thought Strachan's point around there being too many clubs is really on point. We need to condense down to 2 leagues (16/12 or 14/14 etc. whatever works numbers wise), move to summer football to get out of the shadow of English football. One idea might be to run the break away league during the summer and the semi professional runs in line with the current set up. This has the (hopeful) benefit of bored fans of other clubs getting along to watch the professional clubs during the summer and semi professional during the winter (and vice versa), obviously that won't have massive uptake, but could go a long way to helping support smaller clubs (both all semipro and the smaller professional sides). In the longer term, once it becomes 'normal', then who knows? Fife for example only having say, 2 professional clubs would ideally drive more supporters their way during the summer. Could underpin this with a collaborative marketing campaign on backing your local clubs. 

Perhaps have a pyramid system contingent on showing you have the financial clout to sustain professional football. That way it keeps the two leagues as 'pure' as possible. 

I understand it might seem like its victimising the little guys, but there needs to be a line drawn and an alternative solution found.

Edited by OTT

Borders Jambo
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't actually think anything Budge has done to date has hindered our case. Initially, I took the view that by taking the seat she's legitimising the SPFL's position.

The reality is she's running down every possible non-legal action. This way, if it goes to court we can display clear evidence we tried our best to avoid it getting to this stage. If the clubs are stupid enough to not see that then I think they're in a for a rude, expensive awakening. 

I think if you go to court and can't demonstrate that you've attempted to work collaboratively to reach some sort of solution then it won't reflect well on her. Her taking the role as co-chair demonstrates a clear example of her committing to a good faith solution which was reneged on (as it never got to a vote due to the 'cabal' as Falkirk so elegantly put it) As things stand a lot is being demonstrated:

The not fit for purpose voting system

The self interest of the clubs

The piss poor governance of the SPFL

The abdication of leadership by those governing our game

Then you've got other points like the SPFL expelling us to a league which might not even be played, the totally disproportionate financial burden being put on ourselves.

All of this is evidence that there was a clear route to avoid litigation which the SPFL and its member clubs have refused to listen to. 

Great post and completely agree.

I know people were stating she was gullible, shouldn't be looking at reorganisation, shouldn't be doing Doncaster's job for him etc.

To my mind if and when this goes to litigation, she has simply been strengthening her hand, which may be why the reality is starting to set in.

Plus now that Ceptic have got their (tainted) title, I suspect they won't be interested in what happens next. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Swimmer said:

I am not sure how social distancing can work in any capacity at a football ground.

If we are all 2m apart and stay 2m apart then if any one of ous goes to the bathroom, sneezes in their hands and doesnt wash their hands afterwards, anyone else can go in 10 minutes after, touch the same surfaces and have the virus on us - and none of them have made physical contact in any way.

I was tested positive for Coronavirus and my wife and I have never social distanced yet she has tested negative. 

Regardless of social distancing, it will not work unless every single person follows hygeine guidelines.

All in my non-professional opinion of course.

Pretty much.

Kidd’s Boots
29 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There is an old saying you pay big bucks, you get incompetent fools on huge bonuses hiding in bunkers during times of crisis fiddling while Rome burns.  See RBS for details?

Ian Maxwell, gets paid a lot of money, his sole effort is to state the bleeding obvious.  “Football needs to work together”, and “we at the SFA are doing everything to protect grass roots football? “ What a total cop out.  Grass roots football can look after itself, it starts with a ball and a bit of ground to play on?  Then its run by dedicated individuals who donate their time to helping kids play in small clubs and sports centres, then there are boys clubs run by even more dedicated individuals donating their time and experience to bring kids along in teams?  Where is the SFA in that?  Sitting in board rooms showing off their new blazer, wondering how they can spend the gifts they get from Fifa, that font or morality! 

Then there is Doncaster, who has created a shitstorm, created an inconsolable chasm where there is now chairman who will need segregation in the board room on match days! The damage he has created to the SPFL is irreparable. He has governed over the worst era in our sport, created artificially to ensure the greetenest bairn gets the most milk! , whilst doing his level damned to kill off one of the country’s oldest and biggest fans owned club, with a proud history in restoring the reputation of the sport in the last greatest crisis the world has known, paying with their lives?  “football needs to work together”, we just need to move on and ignore the corruption that exists they say with the MSM backing?   One third of clubs see through the lies.  We are protecting one club and one club only at the expense of the other 41, not including Kelty and Brora!  3 clubs are being disadvantaged for no good reason.  He has overseen the worlds largest game of Russian roulette while Celtic get to sit back and watch, sipping tasteless whiskey (they can’t even spell). Clubs are pointing guns at their own heads and that of everybody else like some bad scene from a Tarantino movie? Clubs are offloading players faster than salt from a motorway gritter, most won’t ever play again.  Clubs are going to die?  And Doncaster is letting one club chairwoman earn his bonus, by trying to get the best for the terrified trio, where reaching a consensus will allow clubs to “Move ON” but more find a solution in advance before one is thrusted through their hearts with a blood soaked fist!

Then there is Liewell, the power behind the power, happy to smirk and gloat as they get their tainted title and create some perverted form of a new Easter Uprising like somehow they have overturned the result of the Battle of the Boyne upon appeal!  Make no mistake there is not any fan of all the 41 clubs who truly don’t believe Celtic are behind creating this division, and a lot of chairpersons too.  Celtic will be happy with their 30th title in a row, after a tough season where they conceded a record 2 goals against Brechin and St Mirren?  And all in a league collectively known as the Washington Generals? They don’t want any competition, just submission!

The SMSM their role in this cannot be underestimated?  Blood soaked knife wielding hands provocation of hatred to Hearts its players and its fans (inc Partick) Hearts MUST DIE a painful death, Hearts are the enemy!  Hearts in financial ruin, Hearts have taken wages of hard working players?  All ignoring some clubs won’t be able to pay deferred wages next month, and over 50 players have been thrown on the bonfire already?  Livi use “Bants” over a keepers future, Vlad very tongue in cheek, we will win the CL? Outrage!, Where is Vlad when we need him now?

A three-hour marathon tele-conf, oh the hardship, I have been in longer power point presentations.  But the clubs are trying to point score over ancient history soiled with pettiness, while ensuring that the open wounds can never heal and the infection rots away at the very fabric?  Nature hopefully provides balance, community clubs should do that and do it well; serve the community.  They need to be cut loose and be self-sufficient?  But equally we have 2 giant size behemoths even by behemoth standard?  Their consumption is starving the rest of us, and yet their greed is priority over our own nourishment.  One dies or better both die, then the nuclear winter we reside in becomes bountiful once again, but the chairman can only see the breadcrumbs left over from the wheat we grow?

Finally what about the fans…….What about you? what do you internet bampots have to say in any of this? NOTHING!, just shut up and put up, stop squealing like pigs, now give us your money so we can gleefully have more of the same?      Do we deserve this, can we claim it back?  How?  Covid 19 the carnage it has caused globally so far! might actually be the cure Scottish football needs and deserves?

Very well summed up. I agree with many points you cover, but particularly the final one, and I would take it slightly further and say if football takes it cure then society may also have a couple of spoonfuls of the same! 

Whether football can resume or cannot resume is open to debate but it's not the crucial element to an extent.     What could become much more important is the likelihood that Scottish Football will proceed on the basis of a blind guess,   or delusion,   that it will.    Eventually.

Do we accept that we are dragged into a situation whereby we are obliged to hand out contracts to players,   or retain players we could otherwise have moved on,   on the premise of football resuming at some date in the future,    only for it to be later discovered that football will not resume as 'planned'?

Do we accept exposure to liabilities or losses due to inadequate,   ill conceived guesswork?    For the purpose of attempting to save the futures of non-viable clubs?

No.

Another piece of proactive groundwork for us to introduce to the SPFL.     

Edited by Victorian

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Seriously good post👏🏼

Stupid Sexy Flanders
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Several reasons:

1. A decision has already been made

2. This is now just the Ann Budge Show

3. She should maybe have cared a bit more about being in the top flight about four years ago when the decline started and she was too concerned about a young lassies team and  free digital innovation centres for the community

4. It is embarrassing watching this

5. We put ourselves in this position

6. We were the shitest team in the league. This is no-ones fault bar ours

7. She is ****ing clueless at all things football so like one of her teams over the past four years she will win **** all

Step down please with immediate effect. Take your loser staff with you (all 4 million of the duds). Take this on the chin, rebuild, grow back our bollocks and start being a football club again.

The first part of point number 6 is correct, the rest is utter bollocks. Imagine just rolling over and accepting being booted out of the league with eight games left. 😆

Lone Striker
57 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It is something that has been bothering me.

External auditors should be appointed and go through each clubs books that want to play in Scotland.

An independant opinion given on each club as to whether they can play full time or part time or not at all

THe leagues should be constructed on that basis, on projection of grounds closed for the first 3 months

otherwise you could have every division suffering administration/liquidation events for several clubs very quickly, and certainly the Championship having only 4 teams playing by christmas

External auditors yo say ?    Care to take a guess who might get that gig ?  🧐

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The first part of point number 6 is correct, the rest is utter bollocks. Imagine just rolling over and accepting being booted out of the league with eight games left. 😆

So I8hibsh has demonstrated that he hates Ann Budge more than he cares for Hearts. Because there is no way that any Hearts fan honestly looks at what is happening and thinks we should accept this and move on.

Hungry hippo
19 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:
Ever wondered why Dundee changed their vote? Me too turns out Dundee United agreed to split their tv/prize money 50/50 with Dundee to secure their changed vote all coersed by the SPFL
1:24 PM · May 26, 2020·Twitter for Android

Very unreliable source unfortunately.

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

If clubs cannot play from August then that is honestly not our problem, it is theirs.

THey need to put their hands up and state they cannot complete the fixture list for the season, and take what is coming to them.

Otherwise you have a league where half of it is F'd if we start in august, and half is f'd if we dont.

They voted for this shit storm, well now they will need to live with it

They should withdraw from the league if they cannot fulfil fixtures.  That could open up opportunities for other clubs who may be able to.  

If they feel hard done by, they can sue the SPFL too  

10 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The 2m thing is pretty arbitrary esp. once the infection rate is lowered.

Especially seeing as the WHO guideline is 1 metre and the Germans are doing 1.5 

GorgieRules22
10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Very unreliable source unfortunately.

Isn’t that Kimosavi ?

500ClubCraig
Scottish Professional Football League

image.jpeg.90fe3ff7c08e70283ba638a95b80e7f3.jpeg

Whole set up has been a farce for a long time! 
There are just about enough Full Time “Professional” Clubs to make two leagues and now is the opportunity to put that in place. 

The part time/amateur clubs, with a handful of local fans, will continue to exist but in Junior or Regional leagues that reflect their level.

It’s time Scottish Football looked forward and took positive steps for the good of the paying supporter, the overwhelming majority of whom pay to watch Professional Full Time footballers.

It would probably require another breakaway setup to put in place but why not?

Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Nailed it

This is best post I have ever read on KB

This league reconstruction talk got me thinking ... if the leagues are reduced to two leagues, then:

(a) all current league clubs who drop down to the Junior / Regional leagues can continue - is it (am genuinely wondering) the embarrassment of dropping out of the professional leagues that prevents this?

(b) these "non-league" clubs can continue to enter the Scottish Cup so a chance to play bigger clubs each year;

(c) what about revamping the League Cup so that there are are series of Regional Cups - perhaps with finals played at Hampden or a decent-sized stadium (so more get their day in the sun) and with the winners / top two / whatever then proceeding to a quarter final or late-knock out round that leads to the a national cup final (ie the League Cup in all but name). Usual premise that the clubs playing in Europe can join later so the @rse-cheeks don't have to demean themselves by playing the likes of East Kilbride (the horror, the humiliation!), and at the same time they can all-but guarantee themselves another precious weegie derby.

TyphoonJambo

You the man Hagar, brilliant post 👏👏

11 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

So basically, it’s still every  club  for themselves then? 

To quote House of Pain “same as it ever was”.

btw great post Hagar the Horrible. 

52 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Since when were we as a club, fighters under Budge? We have been taking it dry with no loob for the past 4 years.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Since when were we as a club, fighters under Budge? We have been taking it dry with no loob for the past 4 years.

You really should change your name to I8Hearts as you spend most of your time winging about everything club do, but of course, you don't put a penny in to change things, not did you attend games.

You are more of a Hibee ***** than most of the other ***** that attend Easter Road.

**** off and leave the club to those who back it.

Jim Panzee

Standing ovation....

niblick1874
6 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Its so simplistic for some bizarre reason no-one can see it.

Our football leaders are so damned useless.

They are not useless. They are corrupt.

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Top man 👍

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:
Ever wondered why Dundee changed their vote? Me too turns out Dundee United agreed to split their tv/prize money 50/50 with Dundee to secure their changed vote all coersed by the SPFL
1:24 PM · May 26, 2020·Twitter for Android

I’m calling piss-flaps on that one. Mainly because of the source. :lol:

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )