SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There is an old saying you pay big bucks, you get incompetent fools on huge bonuses hiding in bunkers during times of crisis fiddling while Rome burns.  See RBS for details?

Ian Maxwell, gets paid a lot of money, his sole effort is to state the bleeding obvious.  “Football needs to work together”, and “we at the SFA are doing everything to protect grass roots football? “ What a total cop out.  Grass roots football can look after itself, it starts with a ball and a bit of ground to play on?  Then its run by dedicated individuals who donate their time to helping kids play in small clubs and sports centres, then there are boys clubs run by even more dedicated individuals donating their time and experience to bring kids along in teams?  Where is the SFA in that?  Sitting in board rooms showing off their new blazer, wondering how they can spend the gifts they get from Fifa, that font or morality! 

Then there is Doncaster, who has created a shitstorm, created an inconsolable chasm where there is now chairman who will need segregation in the board room on match days! The damage he has created to the SPFL is irreparable. He has governed over the worst era in our sport, created artificially to ensure the greetenest bairn gets the most milk! , whilst doing his level damned to kill off one of the country’s oldest and biggest fans owned club, with a proud history in restoring the reputation of the sport in the last greatest crisis the world has known, paying with their lives?  “football needs to work together”, we just need to move on and ignore the corruption that exists they say with the MSM backing?   One third of clubs see through the lies.  We are protecting one club and one club only at the expense of the other 41, not including Kelty and Brora!  3 clubs are being disadvantaged for no good reason.  He has overseen the worlds largest game of Russian roulette while Celtic get to sit back and watch, sipping tasteless whiskey (they can’t even spell). Clubs are pointing guns at their own heads and that of everybody else like some bad scene from a Tarantino movie? Clubs are offloading players faster than salt from a motorway gritter, most won’t ever play again.  Clubs are going to die?  And Doncaster is letting one club chairwoman earn his bonus, by trying to get the best for the terrified trio, where reaching a consensus will allow clubs to “Move ON” but more find a solution in advance before one is thrusted through their hearts with a blood soaked fist!

Then there is Liewell, the power behind the power, happy to smirk and gloat as they get their tainted title and create some perverted form of a new Easter Uprising like somehow they have overturned the result of the Battle of the Boyne upon appeal!  Make no mistake there is not any fan of all the 41 clubs who truly don’t believe Celtic are behind creating this division, and a lot of chairpersons too.  Celtic will be happy with their 30th title in a row, after a tough season where they conceded a record 2 goals against Brechin and St Mirren?  And all in a league collectively known as the Washington Generals? They don’t want any competition, just submission!

The SMSM their role in this cannot be underestimated?  Blood soaked knife wielding hands provocation of hatred to Hearts its players and its fans (inc Partick) Hearts MUST DIE a painful death, Hearts are the enemy!  Hearts in financial ruin, Hearts have taken wages of hard working players?  All ignoring some clubs won’t be able to pay deferred wages next month, and over 50 players have been thrown on the bonfire already?  Livi use “Bants” over a keepers future, Vlad very tongue in cheek, we will win the CL? Outrage!, Where is Vlad when we need him now?

A three-hour marathon tele-conf, oh the hardship, I have been in longer power point presentations.  But the clubs are trying to point score over ancient history soiled with pettiness, while ensuring that the open wounds can never heal and the infection rots away at the very fabric?  Nature hopefully provides balance, community clubs should do that and do it well; serve the community.  They need to be cut loose and be self-sufficient?  But equally we have 2 giant size behemoths even by behemoth standard?  Their consumption is starving the rest of us, and yet their greed is priority over our own nourishment.  One dies or better both die, then the nuclear winter we reside in becomes bountiful once again, but the chairman can only see the breadcrumbs left over from the wheat we grow?

Finally what about the fans…….What about you? what do you internet bampots have to say in any of this? NOTHING!, just shut up and put up, stop squealing like pigs, now give us your money so we can gleefully have more of the same?      Do we deserve this, can we claim it back?  How?  Covid 19 the carnage it has caused globally so far! might actually be the cure Scottish football needs and deserves?

Brilliant. Nailed it 100%. The best post in this entire thread without a doubt.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

brunoatemyhamster

Hagar thats a brilliant post.......? 

No seriously, it is. Nail in the head stuff. 

Castle rock
2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There is an old saying you pay big bucks, you get incompetent fools on huge bonuses hiding in bunkers during times of crisis fiddling while Rome burns.  See RBS for details?

Ian Maxwell, gets paid a lot of money, his sole effort is to state the bleeding obvious.  “Football needs to work together”, and “we at the SFA are doing everything to protect grass roots football? “ What a total cop out.  Grass roots football can look after itself, it starts with a ball and a bit of ground to play on?  Then its run by dedicated individuals who donate their time to helping kids play in small clubs and sports centres, then there are boys clubs run by even more dedicated individuals donating their time and experience to bring kids along in teams?  Where is the SFA in that?  Sitting in board rooms showing off their new blazer, wondering how they can spend the gifts they get from Fifa, that font or morality! 

Then there is Doncaster, who has created a shitstorm, created an inconsolable chasm where there is now chairman who will need segregation in the board room on match days! The damage he has created to the SPFL is irreparable. He has governed over the worst era in our sport, created artificially to ensure the greetenest bairn gets the most milk! , whilst doing his level damned to kill off one of the country’s oldest and biggest fans owned club, with a proud history in restoring the reputation of the sport in the last greatest crisis the world has known, paying with their lives?  “football needs to work together”, we just need to move on and ignore the corruption that exists they say with the MSM backing?   One third of clubs see through the lies.  We are protecting one club and one club only at the expense of the other 41, not including Kelty and Brora!  3 clubs are being disadvantaged for no good reason.  He has overseen the worlds largest game of Russian roulette while Celtic get to sit back and watch, sipping tasteless whiskey (they can’t even spell). Clubs are pointing guns at their own heads and that of everybody else like some bad scene from a Tarantino movie? Clubs are offloading players faster than salt from a motorway gritter, most won’t ever play again.  Clubs are going to die?  And Doncaster is letting one club chairwoman earn his bonus, by trying to get the best for the terrified trio, where reaching a consensus will allow clubs to “Move ON” but more find a solution in advance before one is thrusted through their hearts with a blood soaked fist!

Then there is Liewell, the power behind the power, happy to smirk and gloat as they get their tainted title and create some perverted form of a new Easter Uprising like somehow they have overturned the result of the Battle of the Boyne upon appeal!  Make no mistake there is not any fan of all the 41 clubs who truly don’t believe Celtic are behind creating this division, and a lot of chairpersons too.  Celtic will be happy with their 30th title in a row, after a tough season where they conceded a record 2 goals against Brechin and St Mirren?  And all in a league collectively known as the Washington Generals? They don’t want any competition, just submission!

The SMSM their role in this cannot be underestimated?  Blood soaked knife wielding hands provocation of hatred to Hearts its players and its fans (inc Partick) Hearts MUST DIE a painful death, Hearts are the enemy!  Hearts in financial ruin, Hearts have taken wages of hard working players?  All ignoring some clubs won’t be able to pay deferred wages next month, and over 50 players have been thrown on the bonfire already?  Livi use “Bants” over a keepers future, Vlad very tongue in cheek, we will win the CL? Outrage!, Where is Vlad when we need him now?

A three-hour marathon tele-conf, oh the hardship, I have been in longer power point presentations.  But the clubs are trying to point score over ancient history soiled with pettiness, while ensuring that the open wounds can never heal and the infection rots away at the very fabric?  Nature hopefully provides balance, community clubs should do that and do it well; serve the community.  They need to be cut loose and be self-sufficient?  But equally we have 2 giant size behemoths even by behemoth standard?  Their consumption is starving the rest of us, and yet their greed is priority over our own nourishment.  One dies or better both die, then the nuclear winter we reside in becomes bountiful once again, but the chairman can only see the breadcrumbs left over from the wheat we grow?

Finally what about the fans…….What about you? what do you internet bampots have to say in any of this? NOTHING!, just shut up and put up, stop squealing like pigs, now give us your money so we can gleefully have more of the same?      Do we deserve this, can we claim it back?  How?  Covid 19 the carnage it has caused globally so far! might actually be the cure Scottish football needs and deserves?

Best Post I've read on here since lockdown. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Strange criticism of Maxwell though. 

Partick through and through. 

Can't think he is happy. SFA is not what it was,  rather diluted or usurped by the SPFL despite the power of appeal. 

Quite simply 11/1 voting system,  the day this was agreed Scottish football lost its power to 2 clubs then it was one. 

It's not the people in the seat,  it's the system they are enslaved to,  and of course those with the wealth and power. 

Hard to predict all this really. SFA and SP(F)L are experts at carpet sweeping. However the difference these days with social media. More to sweep when there is a constant log of what was said and done, with agendas so clear.

But will that be enough rope for them to get knotted in?

Werner Herzog

League reconstruction meeting tomorrow. Why is this happening before the SFA have their meeting with the scottish government? You would think it would be easier to sell an idea of tinkering with the leagues once everyone has a better idea of when & how scottish football  can restart. Doomed to fail.

Turkishcap

Can we get Hagars post read on on Saturday Sportsound? No wait it mentions the tic and they dont get mentioned on SS.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

League reconstruction meeting tomorrow. Why is this happening before the SFA have their meeting with the scottish government? You would think it would be easier to sell an idea of tinkering with the leagues once everyone has a better idea of when & how scottish football  can restart. Doomed to fail.

SPFL to get their ducks lined up - what do they want from the govt and what are their intentions ? 

This will then be passed to the SFA - actually Doncaster is the bagman for both so it makes no difference. 

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

@Hagar the Horrible mentioned this to me a few days back about FFP rules stating a club must have the ability to meet its liabilities over the course of a season to even be able to start the season. 

That'll be an interesting conversation with some of the diddy clubs in the PL. 

To paraphrase an old poster on here 

GOT CASH BUD, U? 

Mind how the SPFL was aghast at the idea of giving loans (near the end of last season) because , well, they might not be paid back, the clubs might go bust and that wouldn't be fair on the other clubs ...and look at the damage Gretna did.

But now ? Every club bar the top division plus Hearts is likely to be unable to fufill its fixtures because there is no money to pay players and certainly not anything to pay £3-5K per week for testing of players.

So with that in mind, I hope the SPFL applies the same robust approach to disbursing the first tranche of TV money that's payable any time soon and that any club that doesn't have a business plan covering all foreseeable contingencies for the coming season is denied that cash. cos we can't just go giving out money to clubs who might go bust , right ? 

Edited by annushorribilis III

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, Werner Herzog said:

Quite simple really (imo).........after the meeting tomorrow, the SFA can cherrypick all the good parts and take that information to the Scottish government where they will receive all the plaudits for a job well done.

I can see Budges' reconstructions getting voted out.  Then Doncaster having his prepared reconstruction for new leagues to suit pro clubs and semi pro clubs getting a yes either on Thursday or Friday.  Then the meeting on Friday getting approval/viable start dates.  Then after this gets both sorted, they can tell UEFA what their plans are by Monday.

Where that would leave us I don't know, I would think we are in the pro club league.  If no satisfactory outcome for us, only option left is court.

Edited by HMFC01

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I can see Budges' reconstructions getting voted out.  Then Doncaster having his prepared reconstruction for new leagues to suit pro clubs and semi pro clubs getting a yes either on Thursday or Friday.  Then the meeting on Friday getting approval/viable start dates.  Then after this gets both sorted, they can tell UEFA what their plans are by Monday.

We’re is the part we’re the member clubs vote it out ?

Jamboelite
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

You give him way way to much credit for forward thinking, strategy and innovation.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We’re is the part we’re the member clubs vote it out ?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

You give him way way to much credit for forward thinking, strategy and innovation.

Of course I am.  I am just thinking what else would there be to get it done before the end of the month.  In light of the recent information about clubs not able to complete a season I thought that's the only options available.

4 minutes ago, gator said:

@Hagar the Horrible Thanks for taking the time and compiling a well thought out post, I can't disagree with any of that! Cheers!

Saved me typing, agree, brilliant post.

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Of course I am.  I am just thinking what else would there be to get it done before the end of the month.  In light of the recent information about clubs not able to complete a season I thought that's the only options available.

Regardless if the Spfl board members think our plans are great it still has to pass a vote which is extremely unlikely.

12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Where that would leave us I don't know, I would think we are in the pro club league.  If no satisfactory outcome for us, only option left is court.

I was thinking along the same lines.

This saves face for the hobos etc 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Since when were we as a club, fighters under Budge? We have been taking it dry with no loob for the past 4 years.

What a plum you are.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Regardless if the Spfl board members think our plans are great it still has to pass a vote which is extremely unlikely.

Yeah I mean the clubs will vote any proposals out.   If given the go ahead by the SPFL, which I didn't think of.  They might have a proposal of their own to counter any problems going ahead.

Good point.  

It still beggars belief that the SPFL aren't the ones canvassing who can play a full season next season and letting Anne bash on with reconstruction that won't pass - every week that goes by now could effectively be that bit closer to killing of some clubs yet teams like Partick Falkirk and ourselves are none the wiser as to what will happen next season - got to be a very worrying time for Partick (who shouldn't even be in that position now) and Falkirk (who've been handed a shit hand as well) you think that spineless prick Doncaster and his other muppets should be trying to save Scottish Football rather than letting clubs die 🙄

8 minutes ago, Rods said:

I was thinking along the same lines.

This saves face for the hobos etc 

Haha Yes!  Honestly though, the clubs are so two faced, just as you think they will go against you for the same reasons, they will go against any reasonable thinking all the same.  Meaning I wouldn't put it past Hibs to vote yes.  Like you say though, they most likely wont vote for any proposal we put forward.

Edited by HMFC01

Holyrood_Hearts
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Several reasons:

1. A decision has already been made

2. This is now just the Ann Budge Show

3. She should maybe have cared a bit more about being in the top flight about four years ago when the decline started and she was too concerned about a young lassies team and  free digital innovation centres for the community

4. It is embarrassing watching this

5. We put ourselves in this position

6. We were the shitest team in the league. This is no-ones fault bar ours

7. She is ****ing clueless at all things football so like one of her teams over the past four years she will win **** all

Step down please with immediate effect. Take your loser staff with you (all 4 million of the duds). Take this on the chin, rebuild, grow back our bollocks and start being a football club again.

What a car crash of a post. ****ing hell man. I genuinely wonder why you spend so much time & effort on here. 

Two points: she’s perfectly entitled to push for league reconstruction,  & is the issue with the women’s team?

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

What a car crash of a post. ****ing hell man. I genuinely wonder why you spend so much time & effort on here. 

Two points: she’s perfectly entitled to push for league reconstruction,  & is the issue with the women’s team?

Please ignore him.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably the best post I've ever read on here. Absolutely magnificent. 

Ditto.

Kudos to folk that can thank Hagar without quoting him and clogging up 👍

Edited by GavK1012

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably the best post I've ever read on here. Absolutely magnificent. 

Correct Jonno, great post from Hagar!

true-jambo
On 23/05/2020 at 13:08, jonnothejambo said:

Can I add my name to those who are very impressed by Hagar's post. If only the one journalist looking on this issue without an agenda to pursue (Tom English) would read his post and give it an airing on national radio. Come on Tom we know you read JKB

heartmussel
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Can we get Hagars post read on on Saturday Sportsound? No wait it mentions the tic and they dont get mentioned on SS.

Excellent idea,even send it to Keith Jackson 👏 

heartmussel
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Superb post👏

Rabbie_Burns
12 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Seconded 😄👍

13 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Or the other guy 

Rabbie_Burns
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Can we get Hagars post read on on Saturday Sportsound? 

Can bet your boots that Cosgrove, Dick Gordon and wee cheeky Chic are already fighting over who gets to read it out first 😎👍

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Excellent idea,even send it to Keith Jackson 👏 

Send that piece of excrement nothing. 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

Can bet your boots that Cosgrove, Dick Gordon and wee cheeky Chic are already fighting over who gets to read it out first 😎👍

There's stuff in it that the BBC lawyers ****s would never allow them to say. Starter for ten, what do you think it is? 

jambo-in-furness
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There's stuff in it that the BBC lawyers ****s would never allow them to say. Starter for ten, what do you think it is? 

Liewell

John mcCartney

raid the Sportssound studio on Saturday with a posse,have the leader grab the mic and let him narrate Hagar`s piece.

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

It still beggars belief that the SPFL aren't the ones canvassing who can play a full season next season and letting Anne bash on with reconstruction that won't pass - every week that goes by now could effectively be that bit closer to killing of some clubs yet teams like Partick Falkirk and ourselves are none the wiser as to what will happen next season - got to be a very worrying time for Partick (who shouldn't even be in that position now) and Falkirk (who've been handed a shit hand as well) you think that spineless prick Doncaster and his other muppets should be trying to save Scottish Football rather than letting clubs die 🙄

Letting her take all pressure and criticism from all angles. 

1 hour ago, gator said:

@Hagar the Horrible Thanks for taking the time and compiling a well thought out post, I can't disagree with any of that! Cheers!

Agreed. Well done @Hagar the Horrible 

Maxwell is Partick through and through and can't be happy with the outcome for them. But he is also well out of his depth, just look how nervous he was during his TV interview last week. Doncaster sits on both boards and I am sure he was pulled onto the SFA board to help the inexperienced Maxwell. So I would question who really is calling the shots. It should be the SFA and Maxwell should be in the media every day (as per Davie Provans article on Sunday) but my guess is Doncaster is running both at present. He is making a real mess of what should be a relatively easy job and takes a salary far greater than what the job merits. The fans need to act now to rescue the game we love before it is to late. But how do we make our voices heard? Where is the fans body? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, cocomac said:

Agreed. Well done @Hagar the Horrible 

Maxwell is Partick through and through and can't be happy with the outcome for them. But he is also well out of his depth, just look how nervous he was during his TV interview last week. Doncaster sits on both boards and I am sure he was pulled onto the SFA board to help the inexperienced Maxwell. So I would question who really is calling the shots. It should be the SFA and Maxwell should be in the media every day (as per Davie Provans article on Sunday) but my guess is Doncaster is running both at present. He is making a real mess of what should be a relatively easy job and takes a salary far greater than what the job merits. The fans need to act now to rescue the game we love before it is to late. But how do we make our voices heard? Where is the fans body? 

Cormack hints strongly both aren't required. 

I'd get shot of the SPFL and draw up a fresh constitution. 

People are getting distracted by the characters and missing the real problem. 

It is a system that is inconsiderate to most, change averse, and easily open to manipulation by the few

gowestjambo

Hagar - You Da Man.. Quite simply one of the best Posts submitted to JKB. Well thought out and presented. If I wore a hat I would take it off to you!

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Don't know if already mentioned but Budge's proposal is in full on the Sun website.

Can someone please copy and paste the article. I will not click on The Sun website if I can avoid it.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Can someone please copy and paste the article. I will not click on The Sun website if I can avoid it.

Seconded, arsewipe paper. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )