SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

What if the season restarts outwith the Transfer Window, will they just change the rules to suit?

The transfer window is supposed to be staying open until January apparently, if players are out of contract you can sign them at any point anyway.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Would Bryan Jackson be a good replacement for Ann Budge on the business side of the club ?

He is without a doubt a very clever individual who knows everything about the business side 

of a football club. 

I would take him in the heartbeat, but now that he's retired I suspect that he wouldn't want that level of involvement given the amount of work it entails. A position on the board might tempt him though.

Radio Ga Ga
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The transfer window is supposed to be staying open until January apparently, if players are out of contract you can sign them at any point anyway.

Good point

Ethan Hunt
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You think it was all Doncaster himself then?

You called him a “top class administrator”. I questioned his administrative skills given the debacle his administrative skills have caused. You seem to be inferring something else now. Is he a “top class administrator”, or are you saying  he’s a puppet following instructions from someone, somewhere? Or do you mean something else?

Either way, getting back to your original comment, Doncaster is so much of a “top class administrator” that he will have overseen the demise of Scottish football as we know it, owing, in some degree, to his top class administrative skills.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

manaliveits105
16 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Just out of interest in terms of reading the tea leaves of what is going on behind the scenes (in no way as a "how dare you laugh at other clubs!" - Hearts fans have every right to be furious) - Killie let a lot go but kept far, far more than I expected, including extending a number of contracts.

We've got roughly seven or eight of last seasons first eleven signed up for next season. And quite a few players that have gone would have gone anyway - ie the atrocious keepers, injury prone rubbish signings and Italian loans. 

Only reason I bring it up - there is no way in the world we have done that without being given assurances that there is good money coming from Sky/really high probability of games starting behind closed doors etc. 

If we are a barometer, I wouldn't expect Hibs/Aberdeen/Motherwell etc to look much different to last season. 

Ceptic will sign the bouncing Boyle from the vermin

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

how many times does it need to fail before the courts will accept it as “exhausting all options”?

The SPFL/other chairman know she’ll buy anything and weren’t even creative enough to come up with a new way of keeping her tied in knots, they just reused the thing that worked last time. 

How many votes did the Task Force reconstruction proposal fail by?

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How many votes did the Task Force reconstruction proposal fail by?

None. They didn’t have one.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can see them being the start of flood of clubs releasing players. 

They also still have Nisbet contracted so i can see them selling him to get some money.

Dunfermline have actually increased their chances of survival. Easier to survive when you’ve hardly any players to pay.  Shedding players is a shrewd, and necessary, move if you ask me.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Dunfermline have actually increased their chances of survival. Easier to survive when you’ve hardly any players to pay.  Shedding players is a shrewd, and necessary, move if you ask me.

Indeed.  We should be doing the same, but don't have a confirmed manager to make these decisions unfortunately.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Oh well.

As Freddie would say "another one bites the dust"

After hearing him a few weeks ago i hope his little club disappear into the abyss 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed.  We should be doing the same, but don't have a confirmed manager to make these decisions unfortunately.

What’s the date?

:clyay:

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

None. They didn’t have one.

Exactly. Not only did they not have a vote, they didn’t even read the proposal papers as AB hadn’t presented them at that point. They were, however, circulated after the meeting.

The point that I wanted to make to the OP was that it could be argued that reconstruction had never failed as it had never been voted on by all 42 clubs. To finalise the process we need to actually go through the complete process and take it to an official conclusion. If it fails then we can say we have exhausted every avenue. 

annushorribilis III
31 minutes ago, KillieMitch said:

Just out of interest in terms of reading the tea leaves of what is going on behind the scenes (in no way as a "how dare you laugh at other clubs!" - Hearts fans have every right to be furious) - Killie let a lot go but kept far, far more than I expected, including extending a number of contracts.

We've got roughly seven or eight of last seasons first eleven signed up for next season. And quite a few players that have gone would have gone anyway - ie the atrocious keepers, injury prone rubbish signings and Italian loans. 

Only reason I bring it up - there is no way in the world we have done that without being given assurances that there is good money coming from Sky/really high probability of games starting behind closed doors etc. 

If we are a barometer, I wouldn't expect Hibs/Aberdeen/Motherwell etc to look much different to last season. 

£28 M due to SPFL in August as part of all the media deals. 

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

@Saughton Jambo Is this what you were referring to last night?

Definitely not heard that one EH. I wouldn’t know if it was true or not but nothing would surprise me with what happens in Scottish football these days 

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Simple economics. Would Hearts be financially better off not paying 17 players wages, of course. 

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Definitely not heard that one EH. I wouldn’t know if it was true or not but nothing would surprise me with what happens in Scottish football these days 

Ok. So the “ace” you heard about is different. Any news on that?

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You called him a “top class administrator”. I questioned his administrative skills given the debacle his administrative skills have caused. You seem to be inferring something else now. Is he a “top class administrator”, or are you saying  he’s a puppet following instructions from someone, somewhere? Or do you mean something else?

Either way, getting back to your original comment, Doncaster is so much of a “top class administrator” that he will have overseen the demise of Scottish football as we know it, owing, in some degree, to his top class administrative skills.

He’s not an “Administrator” . He is nothing but an over paid puppet. 

56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How will reconstruction stop clubs going to wall if there is still no football or played behind closed doors?  Reconstruction could potentially save Hearts and Partick (although Stranraer could still end up in the bottom league depending on the structure) and maybe one or two others who end up getting promoted but for most it won’t make a blind bit of difference.

Well what we could have done, with a bit of vision, was attack the threat head on. All rules out the window, negotiate tv money within a flexible (but temp.) reconstruction plan but also agree a recue package for those clubs who couldn't play. All funding streams on the table. Instead we're divided by bitterness, mistrust and incompetence.

Riccarton3
36 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The league doesn't need an administrator. I mean surely it practically runs itself in its current format. If he is merely an administrator, he is not, if he ever was, what is required. The CEO should have vision and dynamism and actually sound like he gets football. When Les Gray found the idea of Doncaster being able to bully anyone hysterical, it sent a red flag up for me re his abi!ity to get anywhere near the best deals for Scottish football. Any wonder, the league has no sponsor. 

Edited by Riccarton3

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Peebles!

Only today’s news this mate as far as I’m aware. 

Just now, Whatever said:

Not particularly good news if you were hoping they’d go bust.

I’d rather they had to find those 17 players wages, tbh.

They're in a bad way, I live over here and can confirm that they’re absolutely on their knees. 

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Simple economics. Would Hearts be financially better off not paying 17 players wages, of course. 

And this gets to the crux of the issue. If we are in the premiership next season we probably would want to keep more of these players than if we are in the championship.

The SPFL has caused untold damage to our club by their frankly disgraceful behaviour.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

So that is one of the bigger clubs who will be unable to field a team come August against us.

Add QOTS to that...

so 2 teams out of the "championship" ,

how many more?

Raith chairman making comments Thursday evening about no games till January etc

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Only today’s news this mate as far as I’m aware. 

They're in a bad way, I live over here and can confirm that they’re absolutely on their knees. 

We’ll they’re certainly in a better place today than they were yesterday.

Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You expecting news to be made public soon re the info you alluded to yesterday?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You didn't answer my question. 

You blaming Doncaster for the virus now. 

The reality is the virus has caused all of these issues and Scotland is not alone. 

Doncaster failed multiple times on selling the game,  he has survived many crises,  because when you strip everything back,  he actually does administrative very  well. 

Not agreeing with the view of 41 other clubs and their masters is not to say the guy is actually rubbish,  we rarely enjoy the political experience of Scottish football , in this company his role is different to most companies. 

Do I like him. No  can't stand him, would I employ him, definitely,  I can see past my personal prejudices. 

Never as a salesman or front man though 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

It's noticeable how football "people" outside the bubble of the SPFL Celtic dominated mob, all condemn Hearts expulsion as unfair.

As John Barnes is saying, play the last 8 games when football restarts and then straight into the new season.

Of course, reconstruction avoids Doncaster's tiny mind blowing up at such a simple solution.

Demotion, with Championship possibly not starting until January, would add to the amount of compensation all the other clubs would have to pay Hearts.  Wonder how the crew cut wizard would survive that shitstorm?

I agree with John Barnes and have thought similarly for some time. 

Start games in early July, play 5 games over first fortnight then last three in next 10 days.

clubs can then organise themselves for new season.

cannot understand why this has not been proposed.  Or were certain clubs keen to ensure their place in Europe was safe and damn the rest.

Edited by jambosdad
Misspell

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The league doesn't need an administrator. I mean surely it practically runs itself in its current format. If he is merely an administrator, he is not, if he ever was, what is required. The CEO should have vision and dynamism and actually sound like he gets football. When Les Gray found the idea of Doncaster being able to bully anyone hysterical, it's send a red flag up for me re his abi!ity to get anywhere near the best deals for Scottish football. Any wonder, the league has no sponsor. 

It absolutely does need administration. 

I agree entirely it needs selling and that is never in his skillset 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is there a B side to the legal action record you keep playing?

Yes it's called Reconstruction... But don't know what it sounds like yet.

Meanwhile another day ticks by

Edited by David McCaig

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

And this gets to the crux of the issue. If we are in the premiership next season we probably would want to keep more of these players than if we are in the championship.

The SPFL has caused untold damage to our club by their frankly disgraceful behaviour.

Rather than disgraceful,  its idiotic and shortsighted. 

42 different people to keep happy,  2 of whom are toxic,  the rest get entangled in the fallout. 

Voting system,  board system,  cottage business and multi million pound business clashing,  it's an absolute nightmare. 

The engineering of the vote,  yeah, disgusting and disgraceful,  but ultimately the political nature of Scottish football and particularly what it meant in this year,  were huge problems. 

If justice is served all those disadvantages by it will be seen right. 

But I would not bet on it

true-jambo
10 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Well what we could have done, with a bit of vision, was attack the threat head on. All rules out the window, negotiate tv money within a flexible (but temp.) reconstruction plan but also agree a recue package for those clubs who couldn't play. All funding streams on the table. Instead we're divided by bitterness, mistrust and incompetence.

In other words a bit of leadership and vision, which we ought to be entitled to expect from a CEO being paid vast sums of money, to provide exactly that.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yes it's called Reconstruction... But don't know what it sounds like yet.

Meanwhile another day ticks by

We were expelled on Monday. Ann Budge has been tasked with submitting a reconstruction plan to all other 41 clubs.

It’s Friday. Calm down.

Personally, in this instance, the longer we hear nothing the better, imo. 

(Within reason, I’m not talking months or even weeks :rolleyes: )

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It absolutely does need administration. 

I agree entirely it needs selling and that is never in his skillset 

A lot of it is delegated. He should have delegated his semi final administration.  Not arguing the league needs administration, just not a CEO who is an administrator. As said elsewhere, he is a puppet to whoever has hold of power, currently Celtic, but the Glasgow scum, generally. He is toxic.

His name is

Pretty much every player in the country who is out of contact at the end of this month will not have their contracts renewed.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

It’s not really that easy, these 17 players were out of contract so like most tiny clubs most of their players are on short term contracts.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

What we need is a couple of liquidations. It might actually be very difficult for a club falling into administration to actually climb out of it given the current financial situation. 

Virtually impossible without a benefactor be that the league, the govt or a private individual. An administrator will be in and out of the troubled clubs in a matter of days.  

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The reality is the virus has caused all of these issues and Scotland is not alone. 

Doncaster failed multiple times on selling the game,  he has survived many crises,  because when you strip everything back,  he actually does administrative very  well. 

Not agreeing with the view of 41 other clubs and their masters is not to say the guy is actually rubbish,  we rarely enjoy the political experience of Scottish football , in this company his role is different to most companies. 

Do I like him. No  can't stand him, would I employ him, definitely,  I can see past my personal prejudices. 

Bit of a rant there buddy. Feel free to compile a list of all the things he’s done to make him in any way “top class”.

Incidentally, see if you strip everything back, the real reason he has survived so many crises is due to Scottish footballs incredible ability to tolerate incompetence. That and some good old skullduggery and underhandedness thrown in for good measure. It’s part of the reason Scottish football has been a complete joke for so long.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

What’s stopping these teams signing  players when the season looks like restarting ? 

All clubs will be releasing players until such time income starts to flow, I’m sure we’ll be the same. 

No money. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A business does not require to pay a "competent administrator" £380,000 per annum. The pandemic aside his performance has been underwhelming.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Virtually impossible without a benefactor be that the league, the govt or a private individual. An administrator will be in and out of the troubled clubs in a matter of days.  

Exactly. One of the reasons that clubs are starting to let players go is that without doing so, many clubs will be trading while insolvent. As companies, that does give directors some legal issues.

Before anyone says, yes but what about Rangers (in liquidation) or us under Vlad; if you have a sugar daddy who says he will cover the debts, you are just about ok.

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We were expelled on Monday. Ann Budge has been tasked with submitting a reconstruction plan to all other 41 clubs.

It’s Friday. Calm down.

Personally, in this instance, the longer we hear nothing the better, imo. 

(Within reason, I’m not talking months or even weeks :rolleyes: )

You may be right, but the mood music last week suggested a significant shift, which you would think would have been based on a tangible proposal.

The longer we wait, the more it's seems like she's been played again and sent back to the drawing board as a delaying tactic.

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Tynehead said:

A business does not require to pay a "competent administrator" £380,000 per annum. The pandemic aside his performance has been underwhelming.

Exactly. They could hire at least four really good people for that amount with a broader range of skills. They won't of course. 

Just now, David McCaig said:

You may be right, but the mood music last week suggested a significant shift, which you would think would have been based on a tangible proposal.

The longer we wait, the more it's seems like she's been played again and sent back to the drawing board as a delaying tactic.

If she's "been played again" as you put it, that is actually strengthening our hand in a future court action.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

The longer we wait the more likley it will happen.

QOTS and Dunfermline have strapped on bricks and jumped in the river.

They are the first on many.

the season ahead will be played by the financially fittest only.

I dont think there will be enough full time teams to form 2 divisions.

Hearts’ latest proposal for league reconstruction is set to be submitted to the SPFL next week after taking a bit more time to consult clubs across all leagues

shelagh mclaren twitter

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doncaster failed multiple times on selling the game,  he has survived many crises,  because when you strip everything back,  he actually does administrative very  well

So how would you explain an excellent administrator being behind in his duties to an extent that 15 sets of meetings minutes hadn't been signed off?

I sit in a board of trustee's for an Arts Charity, the chair of that board is an artist and on the board voluntarily, before any board meeting begins he will ensure that the minutes of the previous meeting as signed off. So how do you explain an artist, working voluntarily with zero business background and one days training on how to chair a board from arts and business scotland is more competent in administering a board meeting than someone being paid a six figure salary?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )