SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

David McCaig
20 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Any idea when our reconstruction proposals are expected to be submitted?  Suppose any vote will be after Doncaster gets an agreement with Sky T.V. 

Its now 4 days since expulsion and we’ve done nothing.

In the meantime the SPL has cashed up its member clubs.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

vegas-voss
41 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Let the lower leagues effectively play an 18 game amateur season in L1 and L2.

Given this is supposed to be the Scottish PROFESSIONAL Football League, we need to ensure that Falkirk and Partick who can afford to play are given a full season in the Championship.  If Queen of the South, Alloa et al want an 18 game season they can have it... in L1.

Spot on 

jamboinglasgow

Mental that we get kick out of the premiership into a league who is now calling for a half season with no football till January. Partick Thistle have been chucked from the Championship into a league which might play no football at all next season.

But yeah, I mean we are just being moaners, why cant we just accept it and move on. Everyone needs to make sacrifices.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Its now 4 days since expulsion and we’ve done nothing.

In the meantime the SPL has cashed up its member clubs.

Nothing you know about that is of course

vegas-voss

Another thing what is happening with youth football if we not even going to be able to play lower league football at full capacity what the **** is going to happen to youth players/leagues in this country ?

David McCaig
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Mental that we get kick out of the premiership into a league who is now calling for a half season with no football till January. Partick Thistle have been chucked from the Championship into a league which might play no football at all next season.

But yeah, I mean we are just being moaners, why cant we just accept it and move on. Everyone needs to make sacrifices.

And yet the direct beneficiaries of that decision QOTS and Raith, say the cant afford to play in the Championship.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Another thing what is happening with youth football if we not even going to be able to play lower league football at full capacity what the **** is going to happen to youth players/leagues in this country ?

They might get Nandos takeaway, or have FIFA to play? Could take up golf in the interim, Scotland needs a new hero

David McCaig
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Nothing you know about that is of course

That’s true, but given that the SPFL now seems to be melting down, I would like us to be chucking as much coal on the fire as possible.

You really have to hope Sky just come out in talks and say, if the choice is a) talks around the status quo or b) talks around a recon which keeps up Hearts, a team involved in three of our top four viewed SPFL fixtures, then we'll play baslnmore on option b.

Hagar the Horrible

So after a full night of sleeping on this and did not want to post after the STV thing, as I would have another JKB ban on my hands.

It was Doncaster who said was it not, that they are is discussions with SKY?  Well his discussions with BT sport went well, thay might ask for their £10m back?

So QoS are in trouble but want the government to bail them out?  not when in the UK  when more money is pumped into clubs than can support half of Africa?  and they have heehaw left?  Other sports will want it too, then the Arts, charities etc?  Just not the tax payers problem?  Save for a rainy day then.

Just to be clear, it also says in the bible QoS: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, you voted us down and now your bust!

10 EFL clubs will be struggling next month, the same must be true here?

Those on Furlough can survive while on furlough, but if the season wants to restart, then they have to come off furlough and pay players...Admin!

Closed doors games = no income + players wages = admin

Mothball Championship until January play 18 games = 50% of revenue + 100% of players outgoings = admin, some wont last the full season? never mind starting it?

Paying for testing kits = additional costs = no lower league

Phase 2 will allow closed doors games, = players off furlough = admin?

Furlough will stop(?) October,  so January football = admin?

Phase 4 = mass gatherings allowed,  good for the survivors?

Gov assistance = dream land = admin?

Defered payments due in June = tick tock

Bottles of Dom Perignon = me drunk = £££ = kharma = GIRUY

44 minutes ago, Drumelzier said:

Doncaster was doing likewise last night.

Hahahaha... so up against that background, let’s vote against reconstruction to the divisions, and stick the third biggest draw in TV terms in to the division below, where the other teams there don’t know if they can even complete a season beyond 18 games. Beyond ****ing parody.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN? : TheSimpsons

Hagar the Horrible

I think now unless we wave legal action and you all vote to keep us up, or we do what Rangers did to Airdrie over £30k,  its not personal, its just business,  only it is personal as well:-)

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Its a question that is not really talked about. Certainly with elite youth football, players are not getting game time when they are in important stages of development. Could you see some youth prospects suffer because of the shutdown and never reach the potential they could have? How will it affect youth recruitment if you cant scout these players as they are not playing?

Would like to see some expert views on this, would be interesting.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You’re spot on with this.  I was listening that the bottom 2 in league 2 down south will only be demoted if there’s a guarantee by the national league that the season will go ahead.  This should be the case everywhere.  You can’t chuck a team out a league that may not play out a full season! That’s scandalous. 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You really have to hope Sky just come out in talks and say, if the choice is a) talks around the status quo or b) talks around a recon which keeps up Hearts, a team involved in three of our top four viewed SPFL fixtures, then we'll play baslnmore on option b.

Surely the league expands to 14 and Sky get an additional 8 games for free, which covers the 4 Edinburgh derbies and OF visits to Tynecastle.

colinmaroon
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You’re spot on with this.  I was listening that the bottom 2 in league 2 down south will only be demoted if there’s a guarantee by the national league that the season will go ahead.  This should be the case everywhere.  You can’t chuck a team out a league that may not play out a full season! That’s scandalous. 

That's SPFL.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes, but I'd rather we stay in the Premiership because it was recognised that it was unfair to expel us given the circumstances, rather than because we're a big draw on the TV. Let's leave that sort of favouritism to the OF.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So after a full night of sleeping on this and did not want to post after the STV thing, as I would have another JKB ban on my hands.

It was Doncaster who said was it not, that they are is discussions with SKY?  Well his discussions with BT sport went well, thay might ask for their £10m back?

So QoS are in trouble but want the government to bail them out?  not when in the UK  when more money is pumped into clubs than can support half of Africa?  and they have heehaw left?  Other sports will want it too, then the Arts, charities etc?  Just not the tax payers problem?  Save for a rainy day then.

Just to be clear, it also says in the bible QoS: Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, you voted us down and now your bust!

10 EFL clubs will be struggling next month, the same must be true here?

Those on Furlough can survive while on furlough, but if the season wants to restart, then they have to come off furlough and pay players...Admin!

Closed doors games = no income + players wages = admin

Mothball Championship until January play 18 games = 50% of revenue + 100% of players outgoings = admin, some wont last the full season? never mind starting it?

Paying for testing kits = additional costs = no lower league

Phase 2 will allow closed doors games, = players off furlough = admin?

Furlough will stop(?) October,  so January football = admin?

Phase 4 = mass gatherings allowed,  good for the survivors?

Gov assistance = dream land = admin?

Defered payments due in June = tick tock

Bottles of Dom Perignon = me drunk = £££ = kharma = GIRUY

It's as stark as that.

Anne Budge should get that typed up and send it to all 41 club chairmen.

Enjoy your final payments you shower of snakey *****

Scenes of Budge walked away from the reconstruction chat and went straight to legal action. The more clubs we can take out of existence the better. 

Hagar the Horrible

I think at the end of this, and so long as we are part of it, football will get the biggest CTRL-ALT-DEL in the world?  Whats left from the carcus needs to be restrcutured?  Serious money goes in and yet even more gets pumped out?

I still do hate seing old clubs suffer, but if they dont evolve they die?  42 clubs, in a small country is too many for top level, most need to find a sub level that is supportable.  All clubs should aim to be the best, but we have some who clearly chuck away promostion as they cant afford it, and think all their christmasses come at once when I team like Hearts come crawling?  And even worse those who squeel like pigs(Chic St Mhanks being one) for not getting 4 OF games?

I have come to the harsh decision that clubs dying is a shame, but hmmm I am so over it already, wow I learned a lot about myself today,

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Yep, the point is being missed all round with this reconstruction.

The Joint Group (sorry forgot what it is called) is giving advice on what will be needed to play football at all levels.

For the pro game you start at Celtic, can you meet these hundreds of criteria?

Yes - in

Rangers - yes in.

Motherwell - er, mmm, maybe.  If not yes in 48 hours, out

and so on.

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Simply, 8.75 in a row.

Let's not be too dismissive - it's actually 8.79 (or 8.78947368421, if you wish).

Handier if anyone wishes to correct any 9 in-a row flags by adding an 8.7 in front of the 9.

colinmaroon

Sorry if already mentioned but took this from comments on crappy article from the Herald:

Last 10 games played

Celtic 10 9 1 0 34 6 +28 28
2 Livingston 10 5 2 3 13 10 +3 17
3 Rangers 10 5 2 3 11 8 +3 17
4 St Johnstone 10 4 4 2 12 12 0 16
5 St Mirren 10 3 4 3 8 12 -4 13
6 Hibernian 10 3 3 4 13 15 -2 12
7 Hamilton 10 3 3 4 12 17 -5 12
8 Hearts 10 2 5 3 14 18 -4 11
9 Aberdeen 10 2 4 4 11 11 0 10
10 Kilmarnock 10 3 1 6 14 18 -4 10
11 Motherwell 10 2 3 5 9 13 -4 9
12 Ross County 10 2 2 6 7 18 -11 8

Last Updated: 21st May 1:22 pm

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone else sick of hearing Mackay spout off all the time in the media? Becoming very tiresome the drivel he comes out with to stay relevant. 

Glanced at the article he's claiming Scottish football ,Not Hearts, are a laughing stock so he was misquoted or realised he was slavering pish.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Glanced at the article he's claiming Scottish football ,Not Hearts, are a laughing stock so he was misquoted or realised he was slavering pish.

Both probably. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not too different to QoS who could so easily have gone down, saying the same.

I can see a real split of teams who want/need to play more games, even on virtual season tickets, against those who just don't fancy it.

As it was said last night, they should go amateur if that is the case, should be in no way the problem of professional outfits to cater for these clowns

There will be a split I’m sure. Some clubs have got no shame and to be frank, a bare faced cheek. 

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Surely the league expands to 14 and Sky get an additional 8 games for free, which covers the 4 Edinburgh derbies and OF visits to Tynecastle.

When negotiating the new sky deal, they probably factored in these games but that’s goosed now. Sky are probably asking Doncaster questions now about the potential loss of these games for who knows how long (1 maybe 2 seasons?)
If I were Sky I’d be looking at the contract & the games it would been calculating being played under those terms which have now changed significantly since our expulsion.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

no way he realised he was spouting pish, somene would have had to explain it slowly to him

It’s all quiet on the league reconstruction proposal. Do we think anything will be released today? All seems very quiet. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, oi oi said:

Without a doubt. It's money over medals for so many these days. 

Against Mod£rn Football

Absolutely.

Francis Albert

I read a few pages of Gary's book the other day ("Maroon Heart"). It was "co-written" ie ghosted by Mark "Wait a Minute" Donaldson. It is obvious from reading just a few paragraphs that Donaldson is a vastly superior writer than Gary (if he writes anything) or perhaps more to the point than the EEN hack who interprets Gary's latest "thoughts" over the phone and TBF does the difficult job of converting them into the column.

vegas-voss
36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a question that is not really talked about. Certainly with elite youth football, players are not getting game time when they are in important stages of development. Could you see some youth prospects suffer because of the shutdown and never reach the potential they could have? How will it affect youth recruitment if you cant scout these players as they are not playing?

Would like to see some expert views on this, would be interesting.

Exactly what I was meaning

31 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep, the point is being missed all round with this reconstruction.

The Joint Group (sorry forgot what it is called) is giving advice on what will be needed to play football at all levels.

For the pro game you start at Celtic, can you meet these hundreds of criteria?

Yes - in

Rangers - yes in.

Motherwell - er, mmm, maybe.  If not yes in 48 hours, out

and so on.

Total agreement with this.  If you can and you are happy then the teams that are should all be given that chance and nobody left out.  You can see them chucking this out now, then it eventually happening a few months down the line but by that tome the bitter and resentment is all around the country when this should have been the case in the first place, although there was an argument to let it run its course as long as possible, surely now is the time to become logical. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Not been very vocal on BBC has he? Certainly not when everyone was putting the boot in

Billy Dodds is generally on Sportsound on Sundays.

He doesn't say much. 

MacKay Trying to doing a U-Turn with 1 lost wheel and 3 flat tyres.

He  said previously we are a laughing stock, now saying it's scottish football is the laughing stock.  We should now all stand together and unite, yet he said we deserved to be relegated and we should take our medicine.

Total madness.

Haringshairband

Gary is back tracking with more drivel. Not going to bother reading his thoughts anymore.

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

MacKay Trying to doing a U-Turn with 1 lost wheel and 3 flat tyres.

:D I love that expression.

Spot on though. You cannot unwrite what you have written. Gary had a completely unjustified punch at us at the same time as we were being assailed by a hail of blows from other sources, and that's going to be difficult to forget.

Edited by redjambo

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

Chat of an 18 game Championship surely strengthens our position.

26 games is a lot better

Hagar the Horrible

The likes of Harry Kane putting money into sponsoring one of his old clubs is commendable?

But the thing for me, Harry is a talent and somebody will pay that amount of money for him to afford that?  but in the ePrem  the average salary is £3m  thats approx £58k per week, half the players on that salary wont get 1st team football,  that has proved to be unsupportable?  In England £billions goes in and yet most are still in massive debt?  The TV money has artificially raised the bar and widened the gap?  perhaps the TV in all leagues up and down the country needs an equal split.  Perhaps the TV money should be for grass roots football, clubs need to be financialy independant from this.  They EPL TV deal could pay the furlough scheme for the government, and some clubs want more help? 

Clubs are the community, but perhaps finding their own level and being well run, is better than paying £58k pw for a guy who would not get a game for us?  Just look at the duds we have from United, City and Liverpool, none have been better than Hickey

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

So the rules have been changed due to “exceptional “ circumstances then?!

Isn't it strange (not!) that since the awarding of the title, and the expelling of Hearts, the narrative has changed to “there is an existential threat to Scottish football and we need to come together to survive it.”

Should that not have been the narrative from the get go?

NB: Notice I got a few words in from the Michael Stewart book of words to drop in to every conversation.

You're correct and it's very unedifying when you see it in black and white.::troll::

Mind you the weejie filth running the game have always changed or made up the rules to suit themselves.

I’m sure if Gary was misquoted, he’ll ask the Sun to print a retraction and apology. I’ll not hold my breath. 

I dont see anyting happening today.

St Mirren and Hibernian will knock back any reconstruction that Anne offers up.

When its realised that the clubs cannot complete the championship and our payout plus other teams is going to be in the millions they clubs who voted against will be rounded on and asked to foot the bill. This will prompt an EGM and a new league restructure will be forced through. 

Its a long game that is for sure and it does not have to be.

Robbo-Jambo

Let's just hope the reconstruction carrot  dangled in front of Mrs Budge again  has not just been to get the money released to the SPL clubs which they appear to now have according to the media. 

Surely she couldn't be that nieve 

Diadora Van Basten
58 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Petrie made a comment that it won’t be back until next year but I can’t see it.

Savage was asking the question yesterday and the chief scientific officer replied but he didn’t really come across as very convincing and I suspect it will probably be back once the schools are back.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )