SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ethan Hunt
20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yes it's called Reconstruction... But don't know what it sounds like yet.

Meanwhile another day ticks by

You don’t know what it sounds like because you’re not prepared to listen. You could try turning the volume down on the legal action for a bit. Nobody likes a stuck record.

Legal action will come,  if and when it’s necessary.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

27 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

You expecting news to be made public soon re the info you alluded to yesterday?

Just spoke with the source and he’s awaiting a call to brief him. He’s promised he’ll let me know as soon as he hears back. Until I know it’s 100% true then I won’t post anything further 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What difference does the clubs getting their money make?

If we had started a legal claim as soon as the SPL was called we might have been able to freeze the payments according to some of the media. 

No Idea if that is correct though. 

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Never heard of Sheelagh McLaren - but it's probably encouraging that Ann's task force are taking their time to find whats acceptable to a majority.  As mentioned above too, it helps our case if it fails and we go to court.

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hmm sounds ominous. 

Or maybe just fearing the worst as usual 😏

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Dunfermline will be the first of many clubs who'll be releasing players in droves.

It's the #ibs, St. Mirren and Dundee cull that I look forward to most.

At least to start. Thereafter, for every team I'll just laugh at a length and loudness based on my hatred for said team.

I can hardly wait.

Dundee are actually extending players contracts.   They are one of the few Championship clubs who will be able to retain most of their squad and also add to it.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Never heard of Sheelagh McLaren - but it's probably encouraging that Ann's task force are taking their time to find whats acceptable to a majority.  As mentioned above too, it helps our case if it fails and we go to court.

Stv news sports reporter. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Vlad Magic
26 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

In other words a bit of leadership and vision, which we ought to be entitled to expect from a CEO being paid vast sums of money, to provide exactly that.

How much is “vast” ?

Ethan Hunt
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If we had started a legal claim as soon as the SPL was called we might have been able to freeze the payments according to some of the media. 

And do you think Hearts freezing payments would have made the clubs in any way amenable to Ann Budges reconstruction proposals? 

Sometimes you need to lose a battle to win a war. Freezing the payments was never going to happen. We need to keep clubs onside for the time being.

true-jambo
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

How much is “vast” ?

Pretty sure his renumeration is well documented.

All things are relative, so £380K for his failure to provide the required vision and leadership both pre and during the pandemic is worthy of being called vast

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

How much is “vast” ?

In Doncaster's case 10 quid and a packet of crisps.

Ethan Hunt
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hmm sounds ominous. 

Yes. You are.

Imagine taking the time to make sure that you satisfy all the clubs who are voting for your proposal. How dreadful!

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Clubs getting their money makes a huge difference.  Financial reconstruction will be only be delivered when clubs are financially unable to resist it.

Ethan Hunt
2 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

All things are relative, so £380K for his failure to provide the required vision and leadership both pre and during the pandemic is worthy of being called vast

I think it’s fair to say £388k is vast in relation to the majority of people’s salary. 

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hmm sounds ominous. 

I think it sounds good. She seems to be getting a consensus before submitting plan

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And do you think Hearts freezing payments would have made the clubs in any way amenable to Ann Budges reconstruction proposals? 

Sometimes you need to lose a battle to win a war. Freezing the payments was never going to happen. We need to keep clubs onside for the time being.

What makes you think clubs will vote for reconstruction because they are amenable?

St Mirren and Hamilton will fight this until they have no more money left to fight.

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Clubs getting their money makes a huge difference.  Financial reconstruction will be only be delivered when clubs are financially unable to resist it.

Who is proposing financial reconstruction?

doctor jambo
Just now, David McCaig said:

Which is now.

Most clubs received a pittance and some have clearly already spent it, and we are only in May.

Any administrator worth his salt would be looking at least three months down the line and working out what the league will look like with the current situation.

I suspect a "bell shaped curve" of administrations and cuts.

Plan for that, and prepare on that basis.

the next few months are going to be really nasty

What makes you think clubs will vote for reconstruction because they are amenable?

St Mirren and Hamilton will fight this until they have no more money left to fight.

Just about now. 

gorgie rd eh11
36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You didn't answer my question. 

You blaming Doncaster for the virus now. 

The reality is the virus has caused all of these issues and Scotland is not alone. 

Doncaster failed multiple times on selling the game,  he has survived many crises,  because when you strip everything back,  he actually does administrative very  well. 

Not agreeing with the view of 41 other clubs and their masters is not to say the guy is actually rubbish,  we rarely enjoy the political experience of Scottish football , in this company his role is different to most companies. 

Do I like him. No  can't stand him, would I employ him, definitely,  I can see past my personal prejudices. 

Never as a salesman or front man though 

He's an a******e. Scottish football is at war at a time it could and should have been uniting to combat a very difficult time. He's covered up and divided in his rush to award celtic the title. He's made a complete mess of the situation and should be sacked, how anyone can look at what has went on over the last couple of months and come to the conclusion this is someone i would employ. :turned:

Ethan Hunt

Are you deliberately being obtuse? 

If St Mirren and Hamilton fight this it is because they are not amenable to it not because they have money. 

You have lost the plot on the legal action and as a result have lost all sense of reasoning.

Adam_the_legend
2 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

That's complete bollocks. There was no vote. If you are going to make snidey comments about posters, try and get your facts right first.

which part of what I said was bollocks? I acknowledge there was no official vote but that doesn’t mean reconstruction wasn’t rejected as it was reported at the time. 

David McCaig
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Are you deliberately being obtuse? 

If St Mirren and Hamilton fight this it is because they are not amenable to it not because they have money. 

You have lost the plot on the legal action and as a result have lost all sense of reasoning.

Of course St Mirren and Hamilton are opposed to this.

They know 9 times out of 10 Hearts finish above them in the league, so reconstruction, especially if temporary places them in huge peril of relegation next season.

They know 9 times out of 10 Hearts finish above them in the league, so reconstruction, especially if temporary places them in huge peril of relegation next season.

But any reconstruction would involve Inverness coming up as well. You’d think that evens it out. 

David McCaig
Just now, GinRummy said:

But any reconstruction would involve Inverness coming up as well. You’d think that evens it out. 

Not if the division drops back to 12, conceivably 14, 13, 12 could go down automatically with 11 involved in a playoff.

Ethan Hunt

Well they don’t need to worry about Hearts then. They need to worry about each other,  Ross County, etc as they are the ones fighting in the same area of the league.

St Mirren and Hamilton will be at the bottom end of the table whether Hearts are in the league or not, and whether there are 14 teams or not.

8 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

which part of what I said was bollocks? I acknowledge there was no official vote but that doesn’t mean reconstruction wasn’t rejected as it was reported at the time. 

Ok. Let's put it this way. In a couple of months we are in court and the judge asks our QC if we did everything we could to solve things without going to court. Our QC says yes and the judge says "what about trying to get reconstruction?".

Our QC's response is that we started to put together a proposal, but the guy who we are claiming is incompetent and untruthful told us that 6 clubs weren't going to support it, so we didn't bother.

How exactly do you think that will go down in court?

I say again, there was no vote. We have little idea how that vote would have gone other than what Doncaster allegedly told us.

Edited by Jambo66

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not if the division drops back to 12, conceivably 14, 13, 12 could go down automatically with 11 involved in a playoff.

I’d imagine it’d be one promoted with three going down. Not too harmful really. I doubt if they’d have a play off at 11th. Draws too many sides into it. 

Ethan Hunt
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

For someone who hasn’t heard the b side you have a lot to say about it. All negative I may add.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well they don’t need to worry about Hearts then. They need to worry about each other,  Ross County, etc as they are the ones fighting in the same area of the league.

St Mirren and Hamilton will be at the bottom end of the table whether Hearts are in the league or not, and whether there are 14 teams or not.

Teams like St Mirren and Hamilton want us out purely for their own reasons. They know that we will strengthen before the restart and have a stronger financial power than them. That’s why they will oppose reconstruction. Purely as a measure to save  themselves next season.  I still think that we will be forced to go down the civil action route and force financial carnage on the lot of them.

Just now, Deevers said:

Teams like St Mirren and Hamilton want us out purely for their own reasons. They know that we will strengthen before the restart and have a stronger financial power than them. That’s why they will oppose reconstruction. Purely as a measure to save  themselves next season.  I still think that we will be forced to go down the civil action route and force financial carnage on the lot of them.

I hope you're right. Sadly, I think that teams like them will realise that a court action is likely to be more damaging in the long run than reconstruction.

I remain pretty sure that reconstruction will be agreed, Doncaster will leave by "mutual consent" and everything else will be swept under the carpet.

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes. You are.

Imagine taking the time to make sure that you satisfy all the clubs who are voting for your proposal. How dreadful!

Ok chill out. 

Maybe fearing the worst because so far the worst has been what's ******* happened. 

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, RENE said:

I think it sounds good. She seems to be getting a consensus before submitting plan

Maybe that is the case. 

We can only hope. 👍

29 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Plus 91k bonus for the new SKY deal.

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

I hope you're right. Sadly, I think that teams like them will realise that a court action is likely to be more damaging in the long run than reconstruction.

I remain pretty sure that reconstruction will be agreed, Doncaster will leave by "mutual consent" and everything else will be swept under the carpet.

I reckon that a number of people on the SPFL will be shitting themselves at thought of landing up in a court  under oath having to explain their actions.  My own thoughts are that in many ways it might just be the way forward for the game in this country. It would probably lance the boil and see people leave the scene. It might also see one or two clubs go to the wall.

gorgie rd eh11
14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

So you need to finish in the top 10 to totally avoid any relegation possibility. Exactly the same as a the 12 team league.

Robbo-Jambo
32 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No probably not. 

It's not my view it was in the media as I pointed out. 

Sooperstar
35 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Surely the point would be that we could then hold them ransom. Either vote for our reconstruction plan or wait til the court case is done before you get your money.

40 minutes ago, 6.57 said:

Dundee are actually extending players contracts.   They are one of the few Championship clubs who will be able to retain most of their squad and also add to it.

They will be in premiership along with us 

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Bit of a rant there buddy. Feel free to compile a list of all the things he’s done to make him in any way “top class”.

And that’s the key thing. It’s all very well to say he’s a first class administrator but I would be intrigued to know what he has done to deserve that description.

Hungry hippo
51 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be a massive help if the proposal also addressed some of the coronavirus related issues impacting the lower leagues.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

So you need to finish in the top 10 to totally avoid any relegation possibility. Exactly the same as a the 12 team league.

Except that with Hearts and Dundee United in the division the chances of doing that diminish considerably for Hamilton and St Mirren.

Realistically its 3 down, possibly 4 out of Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, Inverness and Livingston.

11 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Plus 91k bonus for the new SKY deal.

Also Doncaster is on £388,000 a year + £91,000 for SKY deal.

Good value.........

Edited by bawheed

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d imagine it’d be one promoted with three going down. Not too harmful really. I doubt if they’d have a play off at 11th. Draws too many sides into it. 

I think next season will be a top league of  at least 14 possibly even 16. Lower leagues will not start until January and play a revised schedule. No promotion/relegation between Premiership and championship next season. Season after it will be full on again with 1 up and 3 down unless lots of clubs gone and status quo ie 16 team top league is retained in which case it will be 2 up and 2 down. Maybe play-off for 14th team  as well 

BelgeJambo
1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

Doncaster is one of the biggest disasters to ever happen to Scottish football. 

11 years a disaster 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

I think next season will be a top league of  at least 14 possibly even 16. Lower leagues will not start until January and play a revised schedule. No promotion/relegation between Premiership and championship next season. Season after it will be full on again with 1 up and 3 down unless lots of clubs gone and status quo ie 16 team top league is retained in which case it will be 2 up and 2 down. Maybe play-off for 14th team  as well 

Cheers. Would love a 16 team league. Always thought 18 was the right number but 16 is a massive step in the right direction. 10 and 12 teams leagues are utter shit. 

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Surely the point would be that we could then hold them ransom. Either vote for our reconstruction plan or wait til the court case is done before you get your money.

Diplomacy and negation always works better.

If we held other clubs to ransom claiming we’d be unfairly treated could the clubs who weren’t against reconstruction, but still had their money frozen, not say the same?

This is about winning friends and influencing people at the moment. There’s a time and a place for tough action and we’re not quite there yet.

1 hour ago, Tynehead said:

A business does not require to pay a "competent administrator" £380,000 per annum. The pandemic aside his performance has been underwhelming.

You would also have to ask , why is an "administrator" payed a massive bonus.?

gorgie rd eh11
8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Except that with Hearts and Dundee United in the division the chances of doing that diminish considerably for Hamilton and St Mirren.

Realistically its 3 down, possibly 4 out of Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, Inverness and Livingston.

You need to finish in the top 10, exactly the same as before.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )