SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

11 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

i know that there is another thread for this but I am now so disillusioned with Scottish football that I would like to see the Hearts give notice that they plan to quit the game up here and apply to move to the English football league, either Div 2 or even the Northern league. A club the size of Hearts would soon climb through the leagues down there and hopefully make the Championship and even eventually the Premiership. I am sure we would prosper down there. Personally the corruption and incompetence is killing the Scottish game and we need to move on.

Why not the French or Spanish leagues?

:facepalm:

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lone Striker
56 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dunfermline releasing 17 players because they cant give players who are about to go out of contract new contracts

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Player_Update_&ID=11927

According to Transfermarkt, it leaves them with 10 players still in contract (6 are aged 22 or under.)

Looking forward to reading about Fraser Wishart condemning Dunfermline for this  ......

Just now, Dazo said:

Outside the top league football won’t start until fans are allowed in imo. 

All the more reason we shouldnt be grouped with the lower league clubs.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, gavin1985 said:

Exactly my thinking too, the whole 16 team league should not be taken out the picture. Glad to hear its still being quoted nonetheless. 

Although the usual bollocks on Sky TV Deal and 4 OF games, now is the best time to scrap playing 3/4 times with a stupid split and have a 30 game season, once home and away. 

That being said another poster pointed out that Keith Wyness called it 2 leagues and at this rate I will be surprised if there is enough for 2 leagues!

2 leagues of 6 playing each other 8 times so everyone gets the correct amount of games against the Old Firm, they keep us in the 2nd group. Sound about right 🙈?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

For someone who is meant to be a top class administrator he has made a fair amount of administrative ‘errors’ in the last few weeks. Hopefully we’ll find out just how many he’s made in a court one day.

Not sure he has. They were instructions I firmly believe 

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Why not the French or Spanish leagues?

:facepalm:

There would be some fantastic away trips in the Spanish league. I’m in👍

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Looking forward to reading about Fraser Wishart condemning Dunfermline for this  ......

😆👍🏽

gashauskis9
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The theory that st Mirren knew the league would be called after our game isn’t far fetched as even people on this forum predicted it happening. 

And they knew that Celtic would win the league in 1986 after their game with them as well...

Ethan Hunt
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Were they? Instructions from who?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Offers that couldn't be refused.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

No doubt but at the moment we are. 

1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

I notice DS in the EEN mentions 11-1.  I thought there was a suggestion (Barry Anderson's article of 1- 2 days ago), that it might be 9-3.  I know it would be 11-1 if it was about money and , since everything is about money somewhere down the line, you could say it is always 11-1 and never 9-3.

Seemingly no clarity on this which isn't helpful.

It has been pointed out many times that the allocation of prize money is 1-42 and not dependent on how many are in Premier.  Even if we change to 44 teams in SPFL, the financial difference between 1-42 and 1-44 will be small.

So, if you are giving the lesser Premier teams more games, that is good for the finances, surely.

Still not sure whether it is a non-starter as DS suggests or not.

Presumably, the poster who came on yesterday and said "Doncaster has written to all 42 clubs recommending reconstruction" was either pulling legs or has swallowed something from another leg-puller.  As the proposals haven't been finalised, it always seemed to be a wind-up.

No wind up, I spoke to someone who has a connection to a lower league club who has seen communication from the SPL (I didn't say Doncaster). I am not saying the name, as everyone would recognise it, and I'm not trying to sound ITK or whatever, just saying what I know (which in hindsight is probably too much, as Ill now inevitably get pelters).

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Or even former Dunfermline player and full time media mouthpiece and general all round arsehole Tam McAnus

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Back to amateur status for them. Problem solved. 

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

When the season starts it'll be without fans. 

How do these clubs pay these players? 

We are in a better position than most. 

Games wont start below Prem without fans.  We are in a worse position as we have more ongoing costs.

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its probably just because all the different options are being discussed. 

In fairness there is absolutely no coherent leadership being shown by the SPFL

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Games wont start below Prem without fans.  We are in a worse position as we have more ongoing costs.

I think it's a great bargaining tool which will help us. We can afford to play football so let us play. 

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Homme said:

I think it's a great bargaining tool which will help us. We can afford to play football so let us play. 

Agreed.  If we are left with no games for a long spell we are in bigger trouble than other clubs in the lower leagues though.

Ethan Hunt
4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Its now 4 days since expulsion and we’ve done nothing.

In the meantime the SPL has cashed up its member clubs.

Is there a B side to the legal action record you keep playing?

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

No wind up, I spoke to someone who has a connection to a lower league club who has seen communication from the SPL (I didn't say Doncaster). I am not saying the name, as everyone would recognise it, and I'm not trying to sound ITK or whatever, just saying what I know (which in hindsight is probably too much, as Ill now inevitably get pelters).

OK eric, thanks.

Things certainly starting to appear in the media now re club finances so lets hope for some news on recon soon.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

There MUST be an open and frank conversation with ALL clubs in Scotland now.

Everyone provides written proof and accounts from an auditor that proves they can field a team.

Those that can do this are grouped together and form the professional leagues.

Those that cannot go amateur.

Those still standing and can field teams get divided into divisions- full time in one and part time in the other.

Nothing else makes sense now

colinmaroon

It's noticeable how football "people" outside the bubble of the SPFL Celtic dominated mob, all condemn Hearts expulsion as unfair.

As John Barnes is saying, play the last 8 games when football restarts and then straight into the new season.

Of course, reconstruction avoids Doncaster's tiny mind blowing up at such a simple solution.

Demotion, with Championship possibly not starting until January, would add to the amount of compensation all the other clubs would have to pay Hearts.  Wonder how the crew cut wizard would survive that shitstorm?

132goals1958
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

On the bright side, the clubs are going to the wall AFTER they got their money and threw their dirty votes.

It cannot be blamed on Hearts.

Would it really be too much for the SPFL to go "Hearts were right, we need reconstruction as cubs are literally going to the wall"?

Probably.....

The classic throwing good money after bad.

south morocco
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The theory that st Mirren knew the league would be called after our game isn’t far fetched as even people on this forum predicted it happening. 

If this can be proved it will be highly pleasing😀

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Everyone provides written proof and accounts from an auditor that proves they can field a team.

Those still standing and can field teams get divided into divisions- full time in one and part time in the other.

Was just about to post the same. 

Doncaster has to start again, admit that the situation is grave and put forward a proposal similar to the one you just have. 

He needs to present this to Sky and let them know it’s the only option they have left because the tv cash is not enough without fans. 

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes I think that's sensible enough.   It might be better to wait and see like you suggest, before reconstructing leagues.  

132goals1958
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

If this can be proved it will be highly pleasing😀

They also fielded a largely reserve team in the prior game against their Celtic Buddies.

Yeh I was thinking the same 

We now need a consultation of who in the premier league and championship can survive and make a top league out of the wreckage.

Sky will be told this is the case in the short term and move on from that point.

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Let's just hope the reconstruction carrot  dangled in front of Mrs Budge again  has not just been to get the money released to the SPL clubs which they appear to now have according to the media. 

Surely she couldn't be that nieve 

What difference does the clubs getting their money make?

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

On the bright side, the clubs are going to the wall AFTER they got their money and threw their dirty votes.

It cannot be blamed on Hearts.

Would it really be too much for the SPFL to go "Hearts were right, we need reconstruction as cubs are literally going to the wall"?

Probably.....

How will reconstruction stop clubs going to wall if there is still no football or played behind closed doors?  Reconstruction could potentially save Hearts and Partick (although Stranraer could still end up in the bottom league depending on the structure) and maybe one or two others who end up getting promoted but for most it won’t make a blind bit of difference.

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Doncaster has to start again, admit that the situation is grave and put forward a proposal similar to the one you just have. 

He needs to present this to Sky and let them know it’s the only option they have left because the tv cash is not enough without fans. 

I'd be willing to suggest this proposal for, well, £300k per year.

Plus I'd laugh my cock off when Rangers couldnt do it

Radio Ga Ga
32 minutes ago, Dazo said:

What’s stopping these teams signing  players when the season looks like restarting ? 

All clubs will be releasing players until such time income starts to flow, I’m sure we’ll be the same. 

What if the season restarts outwith the Transfer Window, will they just change the rules to suit?

Hagar the Horrible

I think Bryan Jackson will have more work on his hands than Professor Jason Leitch

132goals1958
1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think Bryan Jackson will have more work on his hands than Professor Jason Leitch

Did he not retire.

Stuart Lyon
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

What if the season restarts outwith the Transfer Window, will they just change the rules to suit?

Of course they will! 

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No chance. 

The whole thing is going to collapse around about him because he's focused on the 'product' of 4 OF games. 

All this on the watch of the 'great administrator' earning nearly 400k not forgetting the 90k bonus for the TV deal. 

Stick that on your CV ya horrible ****

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Did he not retire.

Yes, in 2015, iirc.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Reconstruction does not fix this problem. 

Still needs done though. 

It would prevent court cases which is the last thing teams want us the moment.

52 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You have to wonder what Partick are saying in this?  Dunfermline off loading 17 players where normally admin would invoke a 15 point deduction and put them last,  And as for QoS  who voted Partick down while been only 2 points ahead after playing 1 game more?  Justice if they are fecked.  This is the start of cost cutting and for some it wont be enough?

Very good point and further evidence of how unfair this process has been.

annushorribilis III
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness there is absolutely no coherent leadership being shown by the SPFL

The SPFL board will not make any decisions until they have to and part of that is a waiting game to see what Holyrood says on restarting the season. Doncaster won't jeopardise the new media deals if he can pin the blame on Holyrood. 

So we have clubs binning 17 players (DAFC) when they are supposedly getting ready for LC games in in July.

Add to that the 1st payments will be made in August from the new media deals - and that is a major dilemma for Doncaster & his board : are they really going to give money to clubs when they don't know when / if they will be playing in front of paying customers  and the possibility of going bust (it won't be admin, there's nothing to save) ? 

As DrJambo said -  time for each club to submit their feasibility plans for seeing out the season or mothballing their club. Even clubs going amateur doesn't change anything because the clubs are faced with a £3-5K weekly bill for testing which they can't pay - will the SPFL big clubs agree to this being paid from the TV pot ?  Doubt it. 

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

It would prevent court cases which is the last thing teams want us the moment.

Indeed, I reckon its accept recon with a 16 team league, 2 OF games a season and delay the financial ruin. Or we will take you to court and you will go to the wall more or less instantly. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Were they? Instructions from who?

You think it was all Doncaster himself then?

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Would Bryan Jackson be a good replacement for Ann Budge on the business side of the club ?

He is without a doubt a very clever individual who knows everything about the business side 

of a football club. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Would Bryan Jackson be a good replacement for Ann Budge on the business side of the club ?

He is without a doubt a very clever individual who knows everything about the business side 

of a football club. 

Good shout actually. Perhaps having been involved on the negative end for so long he'll have said to himself had they done XYZ right they wouldn't be here. 

Suggesting alternatives to Budge is difficult because its not football so its hard to think of an appropriate choice. I'd 100% be keen if he was up for it. 

Captain Canada

The whole thing has been rushed through for financial reasons. The situation now is looking like 'hands up if you can afford to play this calendar year' and then putting all those teams into one league of 16.  

KillieMitch
58 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Dunfermline will be the first of many clubs who'll be releasing players in droves.

It's the #ibs, St. Mirren and Dundee cull that I look forward to most.

At least to start. Thereafter, for every team I'll just laugh at a length and loudness based on my hatred for said team.

I can hardly wait.

Just out of interest in terms of reading the tea leaves of what is going on behind the scenes (in no way as a "how dare you laugh at other clubs!" - Hearts fans have every right to be furious) - Killie let a lot go but kept far, far more than I expected, including extending a number of contracts.

We've got roughly seven or eight of last seasons first eleven signed up for next season. And quite a few players that have gone would have gone anyway - ie the atrocious keepers, injury prone rubbish signings and Italian loans. 

Only reason I bring it up - there is no way in the world we have done that without being given assurances that there is good money coming from Sky/really high probability of games starting behind closed doors etc. 

If we are a barometer, I wouldn't expect Hibs/Aberdeen/Motherwell etc to look much different to last season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leadership. 

Tough in ordinary circumstances with 42 different opinions. 

In these extraordinary circumstances,  I reckon its karma for any arsehole left in charge. 

Who, seriously,  would want this job. 

Anything that is suggested immediately shot down by another. 

The constitution is a cluster**** that has catastrophic effect x the catastrophic effect of a pandemic 

49 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I remember this being mentioned weeks ago. I am sure it was on PLZ Soccer when Hugh McDonald stated that Tony Fitzpatrick had word of what was happening and passed it on to Jim Goodwin that they only needed a draw and they would be safe.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )