SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jamborambo said:

Looks to me like Doncaster has had a haircut.

Wonder how he managed that with the current lockdown Restrictions.

i would be very surprised if his wife, (or husband) was a hairdresser.

Maybe worth reporting a lockdown breach to Nicola.

I'm guessing he's back in Norwich with his family. He may also use clippers on his stupid bonce. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

17 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

MacKay Trying to doing a U-Turn with 1 lost wheel and 3 flat tyres.

He  said previously we are a laughing stock, now saying it's scottish football is the laughing stock.  We should now all stand together and unite, yet he said we deserved to be relegated and we should take our medicine.

Total madness.

The guys a helmet. I listened to the podcast -  He clearly said Hearts were the laughing stock and that we should just get on with it. He also said, IIRC that these issues (relegation - or in our case demotion) should be decided ‘on the pitch’.  Which clearly hasn’t happened here. I can see smoke coming from Edinburgh due to all his moonwalking.

We are fully aware that Hearts as a club should have been no where near the bottom of the league Gary. But we aren’t talking about our failings right now. No club should be punished as a result of the pandemic. Folk like Mackay and Daly keep spouting the same party line - that hearts shouldn’t have been there. They are correct. But If a St Midden/Hamilton or some other club has been there, the same principal would remain.  The whole sorry saga has been as ridiculous as it is unfair. 

I’ve never been so motivated to get behind Hearts as I am now. 

Edited by MattyK82

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

26 games is a lot better

Half the clubs cant afford the league to start, the other half cant afford it not too?  If there is no fans attended football until January then its going to be a half season as we have to finish due to the UEROs no league diddy cup and no Betfred diddy diddy cup?

There is just no known date for the league to start?  there just is not enough info on if clubs can start let alone finish next season?

Domino effect will happen?  and the sooner clubs go into Pre-pack the less debt they will have coming out of it?

I think by the end of June we will have a better picture of the Govs say in it and a better picture of the clubs cash flows/

The Wrinkly Ninja

Mackay simply writes the way he sees the wind blowing at any point.

Not everybody is ever going to agree with what he writes.

It was only a matter of time before he misjudged which way the wind is blowing. Trying to backtrack just makes him look like an arse.

More spraffing cock than laughing stock.

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

The guys a helmet. I listened to the podcast -  He clearly said Hearts were the laughing stock and that we should just get on with it. He also said, IIRC that these issues (relegation - or in our case demotion) should be decided ‘on the pitch’.  Which clearly hasn’t happened here. I can see smoke coming from Edinburgh due to all his moonwalking.

We are fully aware that Hearts as a club should have been no where near the bottom of the league Gary. But we aren’t talking about our failings right now. No club should be punished as a result of the pandemic. Folk like Mackay and Daly keep spouting the same party line - that hearts shouldn’t have been there. They are correct. But If a St Midden/Hamilton or some other club has been there, the same principal would remain.  The whole sorry saga has been as ridiculous as it is unfair. 

I’ve never been so motivated to get behind Hearts as I am now. 

Good post Matty, saying what GM should have said. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Just saw this on twitter regards that disgusting backpage of Sunday Mail last week 

Screenshot_20200522-121811_Twitter.jpg

Hearts of Midlothian??

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Just saw this on twitter regards that disgusting backpage of Sunday Mail last week 

Good. But will she also now have to apologise for calling us "Hearts of Midlothian"? ;) The quality of the rags these days...

PapaShango

If clubs can't afford to pay players and play then tough titties! They voted us down without bothering about our losses so either get on with it or step aside and let other clubs take your place. I would normally hate for clubs to go to the wall but not this time. Any club that does down the pan that voted us down it's good riddance from me. Hopefully the first to go will be St Mirren.

jock _turd
46 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Scenes of Budge walked away from the reconstruction chat and went straight to legal action. The more clubs we can take out of existence the better. 

I have sat day after day asking why they are asking us to do this again? It is futile, we never even got to the presentation last time. The way the voting system works in the SPFL is against ever getting a positive decision to reconstruction motions... no matter how they count the votes and /or the percentages required the whole process is heavily waited against change. The only reason I can think that AB has accepted their request is to gain more time to get the legal challenge sorted out so we have a strong and concise argument to put to the court. But, for me being a skeptic, can anybody honestly make an argument that changes my mind on this issue ?

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Fair play. Don’t and never will read the publication. Shouldn’t have happened but...

I like the fact that there is no sideswerve unlike the BBC re Chick Young and Gary Mackay. If it’s wrong, say it’s wrong, take responsibility and apologise.

4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

It’s a pity Lorna Hughes couldn’t be bothered getting our name correct - “Hearts of Midlothian” indeed!

true-jambo
39 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I see the editor is pleading for us to buy a print copy as they are struggling during this pandemic.

Maybe if they had got behind the club and condemned the action to expel us, I might have been a bit more sympathetic to their plight.

But given they twice printed the thoughts of the St Mirren manager that as we were bottom we deserved to go down, I'll pass on buying their poor excuse for a community supporting local paper. Can you imagine the equivalent Paisley rag featuring someone from Hearts declaring relegation was unfair.

I won't be shedding any tears if their demise becomes reality along with a number of self interested football clubs

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post Matty, saying what GM should have said. 

Cheers GR. I just wish people formerly associated with the club would stick up for us a bit more. We have enough enemies (it seems!). 

jock _turd
Just now, redjambo said:

Good. But will she also now have to apologise for calling us "Hearts of Midlothian"? ;) The quality of the rags these days...

Not only that but the damage is done... You cannot unsee what you have seen and for the majority of the people who saw that picture it will have reinforced what the SPFL want to get over... we, HMFC and PTFC are the bad guys if legalities are raised.

If the SPFL go ahead with this disgraceful idea of an 18 game season then they are even stupider than I thought. That improves Hearts chances of winning a legal battle significantly. The amount of compensation we can win through the courts would certainly be enough to kill off a few clubs.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think at the end of this, and so long as we are part of it, football will get the biggest CTRL-ALT-DEL in the world?  Whats left from the carcus needs to be restrcutured?  Serious money goes in and yet even more gets pumped out?

I still do hate seing old clubs suffer, but if they dont evolve they die?  42 clubs, in a small country is too many for top level, most need to find a sub level that is supportable.  All clubs should aim to be the best, but we have some who clearly chuck away promostion as they cant afford it, and think all their christmasses come at once when I team like Hearts come crawling?  And even worse those who squeel like pigs(Chic St Mhanks being one) for not getting 4 OF games?

I have come to the harsh decision that clubs dying is a shame, but hmmm I am so over it already, wow I learned a lot about myself today,

My thoughts are influenced by the general struggles people and businesses will have. There is a limit to how much can be given to compensate people and businesses.

I really don't see professional football clubs being a priority  when for example the whole hospitality sector including pubs and restaurants is going to be devastated.

Any money should support schools and grassroots football.

And top level football can adapt. No one supported Queens Park when Celtic and Rangers took over in the 1890s. No one saved Third Lanark. No one cared much about Clydebank or Gretna, both as preventable as saving Queen of the South.

The key thing for me too is there are plenty other clubs that can step in. Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness for example. Plenty others. Maybe the long needed 2 league set up with pyramid/ regional leagues below.

Football will survive fine. 

Captain Canada

A complete shambles is coming in the lower leagues. It could be the case they say next month that we'll play half a season starting in January and some clubs may not survive until then.

What happens next? Just carry on with a 6 or 7 team league? What would be the point?

It's an absolute disaster just waiting to happen. The SPFL is a ship without a rudder sailing towards the rocks as millions wait for the inevitable crash. 

vegas-voss

These questions of clubs struggling should all have been asked before calling the league and certainly should have been raised in any questions over reconstruction.

I can see a scenario now where if the achampionship is 18 games long they will say no promotion as it's not a full season.This 18 season is nonsense though what do you do have the players doing nothing in between the cup games the league will no doubt want to play and that plum Petrie still want the now last season Scottish cup played 😂

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

A complete shambles is coming in the lower leagues. It could be the case they say next month that we'll play half a season starting in January and some clubs may not survive until then.

What happens next? Just carry on with a 6 or 7 team league? What would be the point?

It's an absolute disaster just waiting to happen. The SPFL is a ship without a rudder sailing towards the rocks as millions wait for the inevitable crash. 

They will also still want league cup games played 😂 so you will be paying players for playing a few games until January 😂

Tommy Brown
24 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The likes of Harry Kane putting money into sponsoring one of his old clubs is commendable?

But the thing for me, Harry is a talent and somebody will pay that amount of money for him to afford that?  but in the ePrem  the average salary is £3m  thats approx £58k per week, half the players on that salary wont get 1st team football,  that has proved to be unsupportable?  In England £billions goes in and yet most are still in massive debt?  The TV money has artificially raised the bar and widened the gap?  perhaps the TV in all leagues up and down the country needs an equal split.  Perhaps the TV money should be for grass roots football, clubs need to be financialy independant from this.  They EPL TV deal could pay the furlough scheme for the government, and some clubs want more help? 

Clubs are the community, but perhaps finding their own level and being well run, is better than paying £58k pw for a guy who would not get a game for us?  Just look at the duds we have from United, City and Liverpool, none have been better than Hickey

Was reading Barca's first team players wage bill is around 400m euros this season.

They are in off-load mode.

What is it that prevents us showing our home games within the UK?

Could we extract ourselves from that and sell season tickets for Hearts TV coverage? I'd pay 20 quid a game for that. I'd pay for that option in normal times to be fair so appreciate it's not for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

If the SPFL go ahead with this disgraceful idea of an 18 game season then they are even stupider than I thought. That improves Hearts chances of winning a legal battle significantly. The amount of compensation we can win through the courts would certainly be enough to kill off a few clubs.

The Championship even starting in February could play 23 games in a 14 team league. 2 games a week. 

Assuming changes such as scrapping Cup replays. 

GorgieRules22

It’s all gone seriously quiet and you would have expected our resolution to have been handed out to clubs to have had a look at by now....is there possibly more discussions going on in the background ? Another update might not be a bad idea.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Get to ****, Mackay.

We know what you said and we won’t forget.

SNAKE.

Chill, mate.

He was wrong but he has no authority or power to influence anything so he is also harmless.

Worthing Jambo
36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You're correct and it's very unedifying when you see it in black and white.::troll::

Mind you the weejie filth running the game have always changed or made up the rules to suit themselves.

😁

I think he must have practiced “existential “ in front of the mirror a few times though.

They have been steering this shit show from the beginning, with a few nods and winks along the way.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think at the end of this, and so long as we are part of it, football will get the biggest CTRL-ALT-DEL in the world?  Whats left from the carcus needs to be restrcutured?  Serious money goes in and yet even more gets pumped out?

I still do hate seing old clubs suffer, but if they dont evolve they die?  42 clubs, in a small country is too many for top level, most need to find a sub level that is supportable.  All clubs should aim to be the best, but we have some who clearly chuck away promostion as they cant afford it, and think all their christmasses come at once when I team like Hearts come crawling?  And even worse those who squeel like pigs(Chic St Mhanks being one) for not getting 4 OF games?

I have come to the harsh decision that clubs dying is a shame, but hmmm I am so over it already, wow I learned a lot about myself today,

Absolutely this. Add to that little rogues gallery clubs like St Johnstone who are happy to sell more briefs to the opposition in order to keep themselves in a division that they can’t actually afford to compete in. They lose money if they get in to Europe FFS. If you can’t afford to pay your wages without the OF filling your ground for you, then step aside and let another team have a shot.

So by being expelled from Premier League we expect to lose over £3 million.  Now the talk is of an 18 game Championship which will probably cost us another million.  That SPFL mob are certainly looking after their members.

27 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I’ve not had a response yes but imagine it will be the same as above.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

The EEN is making me depressed as f&ck today, negative news after negative news.  I agree, we need an update today from the club.  Calling them the club really says a lot of how I feel about them right now doesn't it.

So 4 days have passed without a statement from anybody! No club or authority has issued a statement!

Has peace and harmony broken out? Or have those involved in the ‘statement war’ just realised it was all rather futile?

Perhaps the war is continuing behind closed doors .... perhaps matters are being sorted to everybody’s satisfaction or perhaps it’s just a lull in the hostilities and there will be a flurry in statements soon!

SPFL seem to prefer 5pm (especially on Fridays) to release their statements, they can then switch off their phones and shut down their laptops and not respond to any follow up enquiries!

Staying positive perhaps league reconstruction has been agreed!!

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Trying to back track. Damage has been done, Gary. 

Do not call this club a laughing stock when we have had the piss taken out of us by Scottish football.

Correct,  I’ve lost any respect I had for Gary. 
He sold his story and will not be forgotten by a lot of us.

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Chill, mate.

He was wrong but he has no authority or power to influence anything so he is also harmless.

Na.

Giving the red tops headlines like he did is unforgivable behaviour from a supposed died in the wool Hearts man.

Arseholery of the highest order.

**** him.

Hagar the Horrible

AB's proposal has already failed as Hibs and St Diddy club want us dead and wont vote for it under any circumstancies?  I hope she has the legal team on standby?  Celtic pulling the strings will sit back and say oh what a shame we would have voted for it?  while telling their minions which way to vote.  Plus Donkey will be on the phone already advising against it and hopes it just all goes away and that we are bluffing!

BelgeJambo
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What is it that prevents us showing our home games within the UK?

Could we extract ourselves from that and sell season tickets for Hearts TV coverage? I'd pay 20 quid a game for that. I'd pay for that option in normal times to be fair so appreciate it's not for everyone.

I can’t see why we can’t follow the Germans, albeit we are a few weeks behind the curve

If their players stay healthy after a few games, then it’s defo a possibility and Hearts TV would be money for the club.  Probably SKY and BT would want to get in on the game and get their subscriptions working again

Hagar the Horrible
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So 4 days have passed without a statement from anybody! No club or authority has issued a statement!

Has peace and harmony broken out? Or have those involved in the ‘statement war’ just realised it was all rather futile?

Perhaps the war is continuing behind closed doors .... perhaps matters are being sorted to everybody’s satisfaction or perhaps it’s just a lull in the hostilities and there will be a flurry in statements soon!

SPFL seem to prefer 5pm (especially on Fridays) to release their statements, they can then switch off their phones and shut down their laptops and not respond to any follow up enquiries!

Staying positive perhaps league reconstruction has been agreed!!

There was cleary a talk between at Championship clubs on Wednesday (inc us),  but if there is a consesus that playing a half season from January caused the least harm, then perhaps she could use it for our legal defense, that we have been expelled to a league that just cant play yet.  I dont think there is anymore than about a 10% chance of reconstruction until clubs start folding?

One thing the more clubs that voted against us, go into admin, then the Yes then NO voters will be less than the No/Yes voters and perhaps a new vote will go through for an investigation and for reconstruction, and even better if the 11/1 is diluted?  keep up

Gary Mackay.    Laughing stock.

Take a step back from public comment about Hearts.   Once stepped back,   stay there.    

Cock.

46 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

I see the editor is pleading for us to buy a print copy as they are struggling during this pandemic.

Maybe if they had got behind the club and condemned the action to expel us, I might have been a bit more sympathetic to their plight.

But given they twice printed the thoughts of the St Mirren manager that as we were bottom we deserved to go down, I'll pass on buying their poor excuse for a community supporting local paper. Can you imagine the equivalent Paisley rag featuring someone from Hearts declaring relegation was unfair.

I won't be shedding any tears if their demise becomes reality along with a number of self interested football clubs

Imagine if they go bust! Hibs will have to publish their own fanzine. **** em. Wouldn’t wipe me khyber with the EEN

The Mighty Thor
59 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There is just no known date for the league to start?  there just is not enough info on if clubs can start let alone finish next season?

Domino effect will happen?  and the sooner clubs go into Pre-pack the less debt they will have coming out of it?

I think by the end of June we will have a better picture of the Govs say in it and a better picture of the clubs cash flows/

Surely the SPFL has in place legislation regarding clubs being able to complete a season of football if they sign up to it?

Or will that be another piece of convenient reconstruction that doesn't require 85% or 11/1?

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I can’t see why we can’t follow the Germans, albeit we are a few weeks behind the curve

If their players stay healthy after a few games, then it’s defo a possibility and Hearts TV would be money for the club.  Probably SKY and BT would want to get in on the game and get their subscriptions working again

Its down to the cost of the testing its about £200 per test per person and every clubs need about 50/60 people tested twice a week.  Plus closed door games bring in zero money from fans who turn up, while players and operating expenses still go out, and the cost of setting up TV for PPV is beyond most clubs outside the top 5?  Clubs will get to the point that the cost of a ball is too much?

St Johnstone lost money playing in Europe. 

hibsarepants
11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

AB's proposal has already failed as Hibs and St Diddy club want us dead and wont vote for it under any circumstancies?  I hope she has the legal team on standby?  Celtic pulling the strings will sit back and say oh what a shame we would have voted for it?  while telling their minions which way to vote.  Plus Donkey will be on the phone already advising against it and hopes it just all goes away and that we are bluffing!

Mr Doncaster will be desperate to avoid a legal case. If the SPFL loses a @£3m claim for damages his position and the Chairman's would be untenable.  They would be the scapegoat for the clubs.

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Imagine if they go bust! Hibs will have to publish their own fanzine. **** em. Wouldn’t wipe me khyber with the EEN

Ironically a lot of Hibs fans believe it’s a Hearts fanzine. 

David Black
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The EEN will go bust before some clubs do. This plea to buy the hard copy has been going on for 2 months now on top of which the EEN had the biggest % (10%) fall of any paper in the UK up to Feb.this year and that is before Covid 19. It's not if,but when. 

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

Ironically a lot of Hibs fans believe it’s a Hearts fanzine. 

The Hearts writer Banderson im sure gets all his stories here on this as its never got anything new to read in it that the majority don't already know,his little fingers will be scrolling through all these comments looking for a story for tomorrow to add too the comic paper he writes for 

BelgeJambo
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its down to the cost of the testing its about £200 per test per person and every clubs need about 50/60 people tested twice a week.  Plus closed door games bring in zero money from fans who turn up, while players and operating expenses still go out, and the cost of setting up TV for PPV is beyond most clubs outside the top 5?  Clubs will get to the point that the cost of a ball is too much?

St Johnstone lost money playing in Europe. 

Get rid of Doncaster and that’ll cover the testing for starters 

there are probably more than five clubs with their own TV nowadays is there no?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )