SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Dagger Is Back
Just now, Snedds76 said:

Like I said it was never going to pass in the championship too much still at stake and folk losing their shit at hibs voting for?? Hardly a surprise and we would've done exactly the same if the roles were reversed. 

I don't think we would. We saved them once, in fact twice if you count Wallaces intervention. They might well regret coming out with their club statement quite so smartly. I do hope so 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, OTT said:

If County vote for it, where does that leave us with ICT/ championship being against??

it fails, it needed all of the three votes (top flight, championship, L1+L2) to pass it

Just now, OTT said:

If County vote for it, where does that leave us with ICT/ championship being against??

I think it just requires one league to be against it for the whole idea to fall flat on its face

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Snedds76 said:

Like I said it was never going to pass in the championship too much still at stake and folk losing their shit at hibs voting for?? Hardly a surprise and we would've done exactly the same if the roles were reversed. 

I don’t think we would have voted to go down a place in the league - and to be honest I don’t think we would have voted to lose the derby.

Will wait until it's official.

Suspect all that will happen is they will either change the rules or keep going withdrawl agreement style until it passes.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you believe Budge would have voted to relegate Hibs then you are very mistaken

Hearts would have voted for to get their share of the money in an absolute certainty. 

Edited by Snedds76

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Doncasters position is surely now untenable even for Mr Teflon?

Get him to ****.

eyesandears
8 minutes ago, bean counter said:

yes there is 14 team league

Play home and away once    26 games

split into two groups of seven play home and away once 12 games

38 in all including 4 old firm games

This is it. No team wrongly expelled from their current leagues. And it provides added security for the team in 11th in Premiership as you'd make 12th the PO place and 13/14 down automatically. And therefore two automatic promotion places for ambitious Championship clubs.

And no 20/18 home/away imbalances post split. Everything is even.

SORTED.

Just now, milky_26 said:

it fails, it needed all of the three votes (top flight, championship, L1+L2) to pass it

Fantastic, 

Hopefully now we can set about reconstruction starting with P45s for Doncaster and Maxwell. Two utterly gormless idiots. 

And If Budge is ever caught in the company of Dempster again should be chased away from Tynecastle for good. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Dundee are voting for themselves and would have done so no matter who was top.

Hibs however are voting against themselves, meaning they bring in less money simply to spite us.

Big difference.

They couldn’t relegate us on the field of play - they could only demote us with a vote!

Only F******* Hibs!

3 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Big difference is Dundee have something to fight for, for their own club. Hibs on the other hand are losing out by dropping a place. Just about the only way they ever get one over on Hearts. Small minded as ever

The vermin are a bunch of  Cretans they always have been and always will be , we should never have thought they would ever do the proper thing they never have done  , them and smetic are very alike  pure f*****g scum

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

I think it just requires one league to be against it for the whole idea to fall flat on its face

Yes - although joint vote - SPL, Championship and Leagues 1/2 are 3 parts of the jigsaw needed.

If we don’t go down I do hope the fans dish out their own serving of revenge on those who voted against us. I know though that when it all dies down you will always have fans that will go to every game.

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If you believe Budge would have voted to relegate Hibs then you are very mistaken

Bang on!!

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes - although joint vote - SPL, Championship and Leagues 1/2 are 3 parts of the jigsaw needed.

If we don’t go down I do hope the fans dish out their own serving of revenge on those who voted against us. I know though that when it all dies down you will always have fans that will go to every game.

If anything. We should bring larger supports to the teams that voted against. Make sure they are compensated. 

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Will wait until it's official.

Suspect all that will happen is they will either change the rules or keep going withdrawl agreement style until it passes.

Will probably revert to an 11-1 vote

Footballfirst

If only the Championship has voted against then I can see some fudge of a settlement for Championship clubs, then a second vote of Championship clubs only on the amendment ......... or am I just being cynical.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, OTT said:

Does this mean Dempster poisoned the well with Budge for **** all?

:D 

Whoever takes over from her should never forget this,never again should we have any kind of friendly rivalry with that shower of shite.

**** them,I hate them and so should all concerned with HMFC.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Boy is either poorly informed or made a mistake. Only 8 were required. 10 would be the whole league.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If only the Championship has voted against then I can see some fudge of a settlement for Championship clubs, then a second vote of Championship clubs only on the amendment ......... or am I just being cynical.

The way they will take it im sure.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

It’s exactly what will happen.  If one club has stopped this going through they will go with the majority/good of Scottish football line. 

It will surely help hearts in the legal route though if they do so. 

Edited by Last Laff

Just now, Footballfirst said:

nope not being cynical, i expect another vote within a week after lawell has had a chat with the three teams that voted against it

I’m genuinely lost as to what happens next...wait until June and try to finish the league and if not possible then what?

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Will probably revert to an 11-1 vote

Fine!  Hearts and Rangers make it 10-2

David McCaig
Just now, Footballfirst said:

I’m pretty that its all or nothing for this proposal.

The fudge as such is offering league reconstruction to 14 teams.

I’m not seeing any confirmation whatsoever from any reputable news site that’s this vote has failed......?

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Boy is either poorly informed or made a mistake. Only 8 were required. 10 would be the whole league.

75% is 7 

Look forward to the statement which will consist of a lot of fear mongering chat about clubs and their finances over the next few months. But it will lack any sort of plan B. We will do this over and over until they get the vote they want.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

A nice bit of bribery to a club on the fence, then a championship re-vote. 

Just now, David McCaig said:

I’m pretty that its all or nothing for this proposal.

The fudge as such is offering league reconstruction to 14 teams.

wasn't it stated in the proposal that reconstruction would only be discussed if this passed?

eyesandears

The cowards of Ayr United in a Championship Play-Off spot voted YES being potentially a step away from promotion. Gutless club. Well done Dundee and ICT holding your nerve in difficult financial circumstances. Dunfermline you have questions to answer as well by the way if you voted YES

David McCaig
Just now, salvo69 said:

I’m genuinely lost as to what happens next...wait until June and try to finish the league and if not possible then what?

The season continues until a better proposal which can achieve consensus...which surely has to be genuine guaranteed reconstruction.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

It's not over till the fat striker votes.

Would be great if he did have any input into this, obviously a board decision for them but can you imagine the seethe on .Net right now?   Still haunting them over 20 years in😂😂😂.

Let’s not life ourselves, this is far from over.  We were one vote away from being demoted by our own SPFL and member clubs.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, salvo69 said:

need to rethink reconstruction I think

vote on the principle of reconstruction first then have a new resolution to end the season with the already passed reconstruction being the default resulting decision.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Look forward to the statement which will consist of a lot of fear mongering chat about clubs and their finances over the next few months. But it will lack any sort of plan B. We will do this over and over until they get the vote they want.

Armageddon?

Social unrest?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )