SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

bean counter
Just now, Ted Hastings said:

It is clearly the fairest and most logical solution, even if it were just on a one season 'trial' basis in order to avoid league expulsions, but unfortunately there is no way to have 4 old firm league derbies in a 14 team league and that is the bottom line for sky. Even if it wasn't a 11 to 1 majority required, i can't see the likes of St Johnstone voting to take away potentially 4 home games against the old firm, they sold out three stands to Cetlic in a HOME GAME this season. League reconstruction isn't going to happen when two clubs wield the lion's share of power and money.

yes there is 14 team league

Play home and away once    26 games

split into two groups of seven play home and away once 12 games

38 in all including 4 old firm games

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Did we not need 9 in the Prem?

Mmmmm

With Ross County as another yes to be confirmed?

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Correct, we even invite them to Tynecastle to show them how to make money from Corporate/Hospitality etc......we are fighting for the same customers Ffs.

The club AND the fans have become very soft.

Welcome to the real world of football Mrs Budge!!! It’s no Tupperware party!

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Correct, we even invite them to Tynecastle to show them how to make money from Corporate/Hospitality etc......we are fighting for the same customers Ffs.

Beggars belief we showed them our hospitality to help them 'do it properly'. What a pathetic football club we have become. Rangers fighting this more than we are, even though we stand to lose out much worse then them. And don't get me started on the players. 

Say What Again
1 minute ago, bean counter said:

yes there is 14 team league

Play home and away once    26 games

split into two groups of seven play home and away once 12 games

38 in all including 4 old firm games

Splitting into two groups of 7 means two teams don't have a fixture every week.

That seems a bit odd - even for the Scottish league!

9 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I understand that but strange to post at 5 minutes past the deadline. 

Maybe it’s to let the fans know they voted yes when it comes out that’s its failed. If they came out as no a lot of their fans would be raging.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely they are going to act in their own interests and vote it through

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

As they were one of our relegation targets how do you think they will vote! 😏

Ted Hastings
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

There actually is with a split. I think it works out at a few more games for each team too, so even more money in the coffers for all concerned. 

Its so painfully a no brainer. 

True i didn't think of doing a split as i hoped by expanding the league we would be done with that practice. But yes, clearly the best option by a distance and would actually improve the league.

Edit as @Say What Again has said, that would mean two teams would be without a fixture each round during the split so that wouldn't be realistically viable. 

Edited by Ted Hastings

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Perfectly sums up the situation really though.

Its explusion (the proposal now) or denial (Dundees attempt to force United to stay down)

Neither are about fairness.

Get the league reconstructed

Or perhaps Dundee just want a fair crack of the whip at getting promoted themselves.  Are they not the form team in the Championship?

Just now, Ted Hastings said:

True i didn't think of doing a split as i hoped by expanding the league we would be done with that practice. But yes, clearly the best option by a distance and would actually improve the league.

I think for that we'd need an 18 team league tbh (which i'd prefer)

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As they were one of our relegation targets how do you think they will vote! 😏

Don't blame them, Aberdeen are the only team to have voted for what they believe to be the right thing rather than their own interest or pettiness

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Says a lot about the power celtic wield when our governing body railroads through a proposal which the next 3 biggest (by a country mile) teams dont want. I accept that each teams single vote is as equal as the other but anyone who doubts that the SPFL have applied pressure on those other teams is deluded. 

I only know a couple of them but calling g them the establishment club is the only that shuts them up these days.

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Even if it fails, we know how they voted. 

And how they will vote again, because make no mistake there will be another vote.

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Maybe it’s to let the fans know they voted yes when it comes out that’s its failed. If they came out as no a lot of their fans would be raging.

Fair point

heartandsoul
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This post should be bookmarked and posted before every single future derby at Easter Road.

This

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You're spot on Gambo. That's partly where AB has gone wrong. 

If we are down and we need to do everything possible to contest it, then we need to regroup when the season starts and back this club of ours to the hilt. When we do return, and we will, it's payback time for all of those who chased the SPFL shiny pound and threw us to the wolves.   

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Dundee are voting for themselves and would have done so no matter who was top.

Hibs however are voting against themselves, meaning they bring in less money simply to spite us.

Big difference.

Inverness is the vital one it seems then chaps.  Hopefully Aberdeen can assist us Dundee and Partick with league reconstruction. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Inverness is the vital one it seems then chaps.  Hopefully Aberdeen can assist us Dundee and Partick with league reconstruction. 

Sky reporting now that Caley have rejected it. 

I was dead set on renewing my ST no matter what league we are in until Ann's defeatist statement earlier in the week, I can't believe she won't fight this to the end

Shanks said no
Just now, milky_26 said:

GIRFUY lawell and lawells puppet duncaster, dumpster, st liedown et al 

seconded

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Sky reporting now that Caley have rejected it. 

:robbo:

Like I said it was never going to pass in the championship too much still at stake and folk losing their shit at hibs voting for?? Hardly a surprise and we would've done exactly the same if the roles were reversed. 

Davie Deans
Just now, Snedds76 said:

Like I said it was never going to pass in the championship too much still at stake and folk losing their shit at hibs voting for?? Hardly a surprise and we would've done exactly the same if the roles were reversed. 

Not a chance Budge would have voted the way Hibs have today.

Not a chance.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Snedds76 said:

I am not certain we would and even if we did, that doesn’t make it ok. 

**** them. 

SpruceBringsteen
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Spot on.

Shanks said no
Just now, Snedds76 said:

If you believe Budge would have voted to relegate Hibs then you are very mistaken

Just now, OTT said:

If County vote for it, where does that leave us with ICT/ championship being against??

Nah Ict vote against it then it doesn’t pass 👍

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )