SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

GorgieRules22
Just now, samgolden said:

So is the Scottish Cup awarded to the the team with best goal for/against ratio

Shove the Scottish cup up their arse and if the club don’t tell the the same I’ll be disgusted

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Aberdeen Falkirk.

What do you think a league with Celtic Hibs Livingston St.Mirren would attract?

Good point. 

If the biggest teams in each City walk, they'd be left with Celtic and a bunch of teams that can barely attract 10,000 fans. 

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Ann Budge did sack him.  

Nope he is still employed by the club in a different role. No other club in the history of football has ever done this.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The Huns are just playing up to their kappa-wearing crowd.

They know they’ve got zero chance of winning the league.

It's not zero chance and that's the point really. Even if it's a 0.00001% chance, it isn't zero. So to declare champions or relegations for a sporting contest when the outcome wasn't 100% certain is bullshit. Especially at this moment in time when there are other possible options on the table. We shouldn't be deciding something so final right now. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, but the flu was a state secret and downplayed. 🤔

Not alot changes

3 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Nope he is still employed by the club in a different role. No other club in the history of football has ever done this.

Except for Liverpool, Aberdeen and Dunfermline.

heartandsoul
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Shove the Scottish cup up their arse and if the club don’t tell the the same I’ll be disgusted

This

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Petrie isn't the sharpest tool. 

Nope but he sure is the biggest tool on the planet. 

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Ann Budge did sack him.  

Sort of.

The current head coach is taking nothing out the club.

The previous "sacked" head coach is still drawing half salary.

Disgraceful.

Can't wait for the day when she and that failure are no longer involved with HMFC.

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

She sacked him as manager. Pretty obvious what was meant from my post and the person who I was replying to, who was referring to Levein in his time as manager.  

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

😂 no comeback from that

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I don’t know if that could be used as the basis of a legal challenge?

Oh I don't know if it were proved money was the incentive for voting the SPFL's way then surely that's corruption. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

That’s an expensive gesture. 😳

If we get relegated and just simply accept it Budge has to step down. It's been done to death that we are bottom of the league due to her inaction on Levein, to go down with a vote like this, because we are sitting bottom after 30 games in a league including the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and County is utterly inexcusable. We can blame Levein all we want, it was Budge that dragged her heels for the best part of 10 months when the majority of footballing people in Scotland could see where we were heading. Statements in October of still aiming for Europe just highlight how far out her depth she is.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sort of.

The current head coach is taking nothing out the club.

The previous "sacked" head coach is still drawing half salary.

Disgraceful.

Can't wait for the day when she and that failure are no longer involved with HMFC.

Sickening tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Craig Levein: The manager of the worst Hearts team in 40 years 

Ann Budge: The owner who didn’t sack him. 

Swing n a miss 

Budge did sack him. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh I don't know if it were proved money was the incentive for voting the SPFL's way then surely that's corruption. 

Wonder if the SPFL and SFA have Anti Bribery and Corruption policies, officers?

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s an expensive gesture. 😳

If they relegate us 8 games short of the season finishing then expect us to finish the Scottish cup from that season I seriously hope the club don’t entertain it. I’ll certainly not be there.

Rangers could argue that we’ve had a break, players have had a chance to recover from injuries etc etc. When play resumed they’ll have a mini pre season to do. They have a game in hand which takes it 10 points. Their next game is Celtic at home? Win that and it becomes 7 points. Win the other old firm and it’s 4 points. On the form they where in before the shut down, that was never going to happen. There is a chance now however since they have had a chance to break from that form. 

Same should be considered with us. Boyce caught up and back fit. Smith shakes off his injury. Naismith has a rest. Sibbick back from his injury. A few weeks to work one on one with the players again, something that we see has a big impact on this side, the little run after the winter shut down and the Rangers cup match after the St Mirren postponement. 

Both examples above are why we should be fighting this tooth and nail. Expose all the under hand dealings from Celtic and the SPFL. Celtic have wanted the league called from the minute a shut down started to be spoken about. This has always been their plan and they’ll do anything to push it through. The using of the prize money as ransom and threatening the removal of Euro places, paying back broadcasters etx is just guilt tripping sides into conforming. We need to get on the front foot with Rangers and start attacking this system. 

On a side note cause I’ve seen it mentioned now a few times. Yes Levein and Budge need to shoulder the blame for us sitting bottom and being in a horrendous position, but that’s not important just now. If we’d played to a conclusion and found ourselves in this position then that argument would be solid. Right now, we are being relegated unfairly with 24 points still to play for, let’s focus on that. 

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Never mind what a certain club votes for. There are only two people to blame for Hearts being in this position and that is Craig Levein and Ann Budge. Both have ripped the soul out of this club.

Thats not the argument right now though is it?

24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Aberdeen Falkirk.

What do you think a league with Celtic Hibs Livingston St.Mirren would attract?

Promotion, relegation, Scottish and League cups. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

If we get relegated and just simply accept it Budge has to step down. It's been done to death that we are bottom of the league due to her inaction on Levein, to go down with a vote like this, because we are sitting bottom after 30 games in a league including the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and County is utterly inexcusable. We can blame Levein all we want, it was Budge that dragged her heels for the best part of 10 months when the majority of footballing people in Scotland could see where we were heading. Statements in October of still aiming for Europe just highlight how far out her depth she is.

It doesn't help her case when she comes out with stuff like this and then seems to be backing down.

This is a quote from her interview with the EEN.

Asked if she would take legal action if a decision is made which relegates Hearts, Budge replied: “Yes, I would have to because I fundamentally disagree with it.

"Because there are so many options, it's difficult for me to sit here and say 'we'd do this or we'd do that'. I am not of a view that it's a reasonable thing to do.

"Nor can I see who would benefit. How does that help anybody in a situation where we are all confronting issues that nobody ever imagined we would have to confront? Who benefits from it? I just can't get my head round that."

The Scottish Football Association and Scottish Professional Football League are due to seek guidance on how to proceed with domestic competitions during talks with UEFA on Tuesday.

“I'd love to be able to finish the season but, if we can't, I think we have to be pragmatic about it and take a view on a premature ending,” said Budge.

Most Popular

Most Popular

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It could be argued that money wasnt the incentive it was about looking after the members who were struggling with money they would be getting anyway.

Not that i believe that bullshit but in a lawyers world its about what you can prove.

Im resigned to relegation as i think there are too many obstacles and people with their own self interest in it to see us safe.

This squad of players should always be known as the biggest, greediest, useless bunch of players ever to put on the jersey.

Relegated with a budget and squad that should be nowhere near where we are.

Edited by Jamboelite

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers could argue that we’ve had a break, players have had a chance to recover from injuries etc etc. When play resumed they’ll have a mini pre season to do. They have a game in hand which takes it 10 points. Their next game is Celtic at home? Win that and it becomes 7 points. Win the other old firm and it’s 4 points. On the form they where in before the shut down, that was never going to happen. There is a chance now however since they have had a chance to break from that form. 

Same should be considered with us. Boyce caught up and back fit. Smith shakes off his injury. Naismith has a rest. Sibbick back from his injury. A few weeks to work one on one with the players again, something that we see has a big impact on this side, the little run after the winter shut down and the Rangers cup match after the St Mirren postponement. 

Both examples above are why we should be fighting this tooth and nail. Expose all the under hand dealings from Celtic and the SPFL. Celtic have wanted the league called from the minute a shut down started to be spoken about. This has always been their plan and they’ll do anything to push it through. The using of the prize money as ransom and threatening the removal of Euro places, paying back broadcasters etx is just guilt tripping sides into conforming. We need to get on the front foot with Rangers and start attacking this system. 

On a side note cause I’ve seen it mentioned now a few times. Yes Levein and Budge need to shoulder the blame for us sitting bottom and being in a horrendous position, but that’s not important just now. If we’d played to a conclusion and found ourselves in this position then that argument would be solid. Right now, we are being relegated unfairly with 24 points still to play for, let’s focus on that. 

Wise words, again. 

Are folk expecting us to go to court even if we know we can't win ? Or leave the league for england ? Or refuse to play next season ?

Still confused about what the folk are expecting the club to do if the vote goes against us.

bean counter

If this goes their way I would expect the result to be made known tonight if not I suspect they will wait a few days so they have their next option ready to go

Edited by bean counter

Is it plausible that they decide to call the season as it is, name Celtic champions, technically relegate us but then reconstruct the league? So technically we got relegated but we are in the top league? 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

It could be argued that money wasnt the incentive it was about looking after the members who were struggling with money they would be getting anyway.

Not that i believe that bullshit but in a lawyers world its about what you can prove.

Im resigned to relegation as i think there are too many obstacles and people with their own self interest in it to see us safe.

This squad of players should always be known as the biggest, greediest, useless bunch of players ever to put on the jersey.

Relegated with a budget and squad that should be nowhere near where we are.

Forcibly demoted is a better way of describing it. And our lawyers would be pretty strongly showing it was exactly the reason they voted the SPFL way. It's not only their ****ing lawyers that get a say. 

Does it matter if 9 out of the 3 teams in the SPFL are for it if Falkirk, Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife are against it in League One alone? 🤔 

Edited by Cruyff

GorgieRules22
Just now, Cruyff said:

Does it matter if 9 out of the 3 teams are for it if Falkirk, Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife are against in League One alone? 🤔 

League one and two are a joint vote.

2 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Is it plausible that they decide to call the season as it is, name Celtic champions, technically relegate us but then reconstruct the league? So technically we got relegated but we are in the top league? 

That’s the carrot they are dangling and should be the outcome if the league can’t be completed.

Unfortunately the carrot will be removed the second they get the outcome they want.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Does it matter if 9 out of the 3 teams are for it if Falkirk, Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife are against in League One alone? 🤔 

League 1 and League 2 are combined

Just now, Cruyff said:

the league one votes are joined to the league two ones so 15 need to vote for it to pass (along with the votes in the championship and top flight)

BRAVEHEART1874

I can see why Motherwell would want the league finished being in 3rd and one point ahead of aberdeen and obviously hamilton .

But the rest especially the hobos  going down a place probably loosing money wow!  bitter wee club ;)

Spoiler
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

League one and two are a joint vote.

Just now, David McCaig said:

League 1 and League 2 are combined

Just now, milky_26 said:

the league one votes are joined to the league two ones so 15 need to vote for it to pass (along with the votes in the championship and top flight)

OK so, they don't have enough votes

Falkirk, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Stranraer and Edinburgh City are against. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Forcibly demoted is a better way of describing it. And our lawyers would be pretty strongly showing it was exactly the reason they voted the SPFL way. It's not only their ****ing lawyers that get a say. 

Of course not but just being pissed off isnt enough of a case i’d suggest we need to be very confident before kicking the lawyers into gear.

I suspect the SPFL have considered the likely legal challenge before doing what they have done.

Just now, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

I can see why Motherwell would want the league finished being in 3rd and one point ahead of aberdeen and obviously hamilton .

But the rest especially the hobos  going down a place probably loosing money wow!  bitter wee club ;)

As someone said as already, only hibs would vote to drop down a place and lose money 

This new guy that’s in charge must be wondering what the hell hes done 

David McCaig
Just now, Cruyff said:

Hide contents

Falkirk, Dumbarton, East Fife, Montrose, Stranraer and Edinburgh City are against. 

Fingers crossed... its a nervous 27 minutes ahead!!

Reveal hidden contents

Is that confirmed ?

26 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's not zero chance and that's the point really. Even if it's a 0.00001% chance, it isn't zero. So to declare champions or relegations for a sporting contest when the outcome wasn't 100% certain is bullshit. Especially at this moment in time when there are other possible options on the table. We shouldn't be deciding something so final right now. 

:spoton:

David McCaig
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Of course not but just being pissed off isnt enough of a case i’d suggest we need to be very confident before kicking the lawyers into gear.

I suspect the SPFL have considered the likely legal challenge before doing what they have done.

Possibly but the SPFL can’t have helped themselves in that regard with their shenanigans over the Rangers proposal.

7 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Woukd be the best scenario, could empty half the squad with the relegation release clauses. 

Gilberts Fridge

The lawyers are already instructed, how far they advise us to take this is another matter and it will play out in the coming days if this gets through 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Have they explained the rationale behind this decision? It seems very odd and a little contrived given league one seems to be where most are against the proposal.

Hide contents

So in a breakaway league we could have...

Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee's biggest clubs.

Fife's most successful club.

Aberdeen

Falkirk, who can bring a better support than half the top flight.

Dumbarton, joint winners of the first championship.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.  😁

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )