SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

glynnlondon
14 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Great post. In yet another period of national/global adversity, Glasgow Celtic look after the needs of only themselves. I tell you, if a child of mine came home and declared themselves celtic supporters I'd auction of their internal organs on ebay. 

All proceeds to FOH of course

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

TyphoonJambo
Just now, wavydavy said:

Eight clubs have confirmed they will vote for the proposals, three will vote no so that means it’s all down to Ross County in the Premiership.

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

Says a lot about the power celtic wield when our governing body railroads through a proposal which the next 3 biggest (by a country mile) teams dont want. I accept that each teams single vote is as equal as the other but anyone who doubts that the SPFL have applied pressure on those other teams is deluded. 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Let's hope that Ann Budge doesn't finally discover that the other SPFL chairmen are not to be trusted and will say one thing to your face before stabbing you in the back.

Sad but probably very true.

bean counter
Just now, EIEIO said:

Wouldn't be surprised if champions league is curtailed next season. Maybe (OK hopefully) forgetting the diddy teams eg Celtic. That would be funny.

Good point about curtailing the champions league.

The Euros are next summer so you cannot extend the season so if there was an issue you would eliniate some of the earlier rounds and to do that you would exclude some of the smaller countries.

We would then see celtic claiming the team that finished top of the league should get a europa league place or since the cup was not completed they could have that slot

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Eight clubs have confirmed they will vote for the proposals, three will vote no so that means it’s all down to Ross County in the Premiership.

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

Where have Killie confirmed? Is this according to the Celtic press or official statements? 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Where have Killie confirmed? Is this according to the Celtic press or official statements? 

No it's actually from the Daily Ranger who are saying 8 Clubs have confirmed they will vote for the proposal.

pettigrewsstylist
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

Can see Ross County voting to ensure top flight status

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

8 teams quite happy to be classed as greedy cheats.

Be funny as fk if the three No voting teams along with Dundee and Partick etc threatened to go our own seperate way. Watch the other clubs crumble when they realise they will be missing 3 of the 4 biggest teams.

Edited by Gambo

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Am actually happy Hibs have voted for this. About time we stopped this cosying up to each other pish! **** them, their stupid bint of a chairwoman and everyone associated with them. 

Exactly but you've got to blame Budge for this malarkey. 

Anorher misguided attempt at football ownership. 

That lot despise us with a passion I hope she learned that over time . 

For all the good she's done she's made so many basic errors , trying to cost up to them being an obvious one and a starting point for being soft as shite as a club . 

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No it's actually from the Daily Ranger who are saying 8 Clubs have confirmed they will vote for the proposal.

I'll take that with a pinch of salt until it is confirmed. 

19 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hibs will not just lose 3500 X £35 for derby games.

They will lose the gate money of Hearts fans and the thousands of part time Hibs fans who only ever turn out for derby games.

If it was Dundee Utd instead of Hearts you can expect a drop of at least 7000 supporters in those 2 games.

Including hospitality, catering and ticket cash I would expect them to lose in the region of £450,000.

For their fans it will be worth it. 

They also lose over £100k prize money because of the average points calculation dropping them from 6th to 7th 

gowestjambo
26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I remember that game the Hearts fans were chanting fix fix fix. 

It wasn't even subtle. 

I remember it slightly different were Hearts not 3-1 up and conceded two late goals to give them a draw. 

I might be wrong mind. 

The chants of fix fix is clear in my memory though. 

You may be correct as it was a long time ago!! My recollection was they were winning 3-2. Someone will no doubt come up with the correct answer. However, there was no doubt Hearts were doing Hibs a favour to save them from relegation!!

Who will actually count the votes, and how can we have confidence in the integrity of said count.

Given Doncaster's previous record for fabricating facts and hugely wild forecast outcomes, during the Rangers fiasco, would you trust them to honestly report the count. I would prefer some independent confirmation of the outcome.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

They also lose over £100k prize money because of the average points calculation dropping them from 6th to 7th 

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

So Celtic and a couple of their wee lackies plus the Diddy Clubs. 

Thought Celtic were intent on the season being finished as they are desperate to avoid being gifted the league by default. 

They know exactly how this is panning out . Hypocrisy the only way they know . 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, true-jambo said:

Who will actually count the votes, and how can we have confidence in the integrity of said count.

Given Doncaster's previous record for fabricating facts and hugely wild forecast outcomes, during the Rangers fiasco, would you trust them to honestly report the count. I would prefer some independent confirmation of the outcome.

Probably got Rod Stewart in hospitality as we speak. 

Wait until the supposed reconstruction talks start 🙄

Back to an 11-1 and everyone saying no before swiftly moving on.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, ramrod said:

So Celtic and a couple of their wee lackies plus the Diddy Clubs. 

Thought Celtic were intent on the season being finished as they are desperate to avoid being gifted the league by default. 

They know exactly how this is panning out . Hypocrisy the only way they know . 

Surely celtic and St Mirren are the same so only counts as one vote

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

this is the bit I don’t get, how can we just ignore 11-1 for this vote 

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Be funny as fk if the three No voting teams along with Dundee and Partick etc threatened to go our own seperate way. Watch the other clubs crumble when they realise they will be missing 3 of the 4 biggest teams.

Aye because a league with Hearts Rangers Partick Dundee and Stranraer would be box office tv that would attract massive investment.  

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Probably got Rod Stewart in hospitality as we speak. 

Quite likely, but I doubt the Green Brigade would be happy after Rod congratulated Boris on his general election victory

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Reconstruction...lol

Presumably the final sign-off will be given by Santa, the Easter Bunny and a Unicorn!!

NaturalOrder74

Cant think of any other serious vote ever where cash was awarded as an incentive for voting one way over another. What an absolute circus Scottish football is, no wonder were regularly looked at by outsiders as a mickey mouse league.

Never mind what a certain club votes for. There are only two people to blame for Hearts being in this position and that is Craig Levein and Ann Budge. Both have ripped the soul out of this club.

19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So now it’s likely they will vote yes.  The record got it wrong.  Most of their predictions are “likely” regardless.  Not sure what the issue is. 

The issue being you used the example of the Record having had Hibs as a No last night as evidence that their run down of all teams would be inaccurate. In reality they never said that. 

They then said they were officially unknown but I placed them as a Yes due to recent reports and the fact that worst case scenario is a better starting point when trying to gauge our chances of this motion failing. 

Hope that clarifies things.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Cant think of any other serious vote ever where cash was awarded as an incentive for voting one way over another. What an absolute circus Scottish football is, no wonder were regularly looked at by outsiders as a mickey mouse league.

I don’t know if that could be used as the basis of a legal challenge?

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Surely celtic and St Mirren are the same so only counts as one vote

:thumbsup:

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I don’t know if that could be used as the basis of a legal challenge?

looks like Anne has said she’ll ‘accept the decision’ so she’s absolutely folding if it doesn’t go her way 

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is the bit I don’t get, how can we just ignore 11-1 for this vote 

Since the SPFL was set up it's always been 9-3 for most things except matters that the Old Firm were really worried about like league reconstruction.

17 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

An agreed payout now would have allowed people to vote differently perhaps.

That is why the SPFL opted to do it this way.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Since the SPFL was set up it's always been 9-3 for most things except matters that the Old Firm were really worried about like league reconstruction.

Yep, simples. Democracy at its very best. Stalin would have been bloody envious. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, wavydavy said:

That is why Celtic opted to do it this way.

Ftfy 

8 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Never mind what a certain club votes for. There are only two people to blame for Hearts being in this position and that is Craig Levein and Ann Budge. Both have ripped the soul out of this club.

Complete drivel.  Time to lay off the buckie.

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

looks like Anne has said she’ll ‘accept the decision’ so she’s absolutely folding if it doesn’t go her way 

She has said she won't challenge it if her lawyers say we are likely to lose.

If Ann isn't going to put a spanner in the works, at least we know Rangers will do anything under the sun to torpedo this resolution. If they've started leaking stuff then expect a strongly worded fire & brimstone statement shortly. 

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye because a league with Hearts Rangers Partick Dundee and Stranraer would be box office tv that would attract massive investment.  

Aberdeen Falkirk.

What do you think a league with Celtic Hibs Livingston St.Mirren would attract?

Edited by Gambo

Thunderstruck
44 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I tell you, if a child of mine came home and declared themselves celtic supporters I'd auction of their internal organs on ebay. 

Amen to that. 

18 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

You may be correct as it was a long time ago!! My recollection was they were winning 3-2. Someone will no doubt come up with the correct answer. However, there was no doubt Hearts were doing Hibs a favour to save them from relegation!!

According to londonhearts - I wasn't at the game as I was a week or two away from conception - the scoring went:

Danny Paton 25 ;Johnny Hamilton 35 ;Norrie Davidson 67
[Jim Scott 54] ;[John Fraser 56] ;[Jim Scott 60]

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete drivel.  Time to lay off the buckie.

Craig Levein: The manager of the worst Hearts team in 40 years 

Ann Budge: The owner who didn’t sack him. 

20 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Different topics.

GorgieRules22
Just now, lsimp77 said:

We’ve heard you now

15 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Spot on. More so Levein, but Budge too for giving him the freedom and a ridiculous amount of time to destroy the playing side of the Club. 

Enzo Chiefo
42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why?

Apart from anything, quite simply we need people to work and businesses to operate in order for us to be able to afford to fund the NHS. The affects on people's health, physically and mentally, may be as bad as those of the virus itself. There is also evidence that people may be dying because they are not presenting at hospitals, for non Covid issues, because of the spread of infections there. How long do you think they can justify cancelling people's cancer treatment and other planned procedures and operations?  That's why it can only be a short term measure until the NHS gets over the initial peak then a phased return to normality will start imo. 

Ainsley Harriott
56 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She would have no choice if the fans demand it. 

Takes her 18 months to hear what fans demands are

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Ann Budge did sack him.  

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )