SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Completely improper to release the votes midway through a vote even if it is allowed to extend the deadline.

Are they suggesting to declare votes and then allow more members to vote tactically over the next 26 days if reqd?

There is millions of pounds in play and employees careers/contracts, sponsorship, tv rights, prize money

Absolutely wide open to corruption and conflicts of interest everywhere.

No win, no claim lawyer would take that on for free!

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well if the vote was too late it should fall and cannot be counted

Championship needs 8 votes and only received 7

It's not too late if they had 28 days to vote.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just heard from a good source that Hearts and Rangers abstained and Aberdeen voted no.

10 voted yes though

Just now, Barack said:

A few players will also be getting loaned out to ICT for today too, as I've intimated.

:jjyay:

That would be the equivalent of waking up to find a horses head in your bed 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If that was the case then why announce the results now , and coerce the team still to vote?

22 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We are like a wee banana republic

🍌😂

Although perhaps a little to close to the truth, bud. 

So if 'Inverness' are going to vote No but are waiting till the 28 days, will that delay things so much the Resolution has to be withdrawn?

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This 28 day thing, if that’s the case why were clubs given 2 days rather than take 28 days to consider it?

Because some clubs are desperate for cash and could suffer administration events which will obviously bring about point deductions

:sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The Deadline was a request they have 28days so its not void.

But they announce the state of the vote??? 

Edited by merrymac

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just heard from a good source that Hearts and Rangers abstained and Aberdeen voted no.

Diane Abbot? 10+3=12

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

1 Championship club is currently aware that it is in complete control of the future of Scottish Football. 

Easy to bully and blackmail then.  All the more reason not to make this public - personal safety and all that of those concerned.  We know what fans can be like in Scotland.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I posted this on the wrong thread

I've seen posts from that twitter account previously and generally it does seem to be in the know.

Let's assume for a moment that the timeline in the twitter thread is accurate. 

How does Neil Doncaster explain why the SPFL Board put out a statement that only referenced the email contact with Rod McKenzie and omitted to mention the contact made with himself (the SPFL's Chief Exec) and others in the SPFL management group.

If the Rangers account of the timeline is correct, then it does demonstrate a level of misinformation and coercion in order to achieve the Board's aim. 

As ever when governing bodies attempt a cover up, the consequences of that can be just as serious.   

Wouldnt put anything past dongcaster, after all did he not come out of the semi final debacle meeting, insisting all clubs were on board with the decision to play all games in the same city, only for hearts and Aberdeen to come out and say they weren't having it, mans ****in hopeless. 🇱🇻

So if 'Inverness' are going to vote No but are waiting till the 28 days, will that delay things so much the Resolution has to be withdrawn?

What if Caley are leaned on and chamge to a yes vote ? Must be a possibility 

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I would reconsider using the term “good source”.

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The Deadline was a request they have 28days so its not void.

How can they give an update on the votes made then.  😠

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Whole thing is a circus.

I suspect Hearts and Rangers didn't vote, nullifying the whole thing.

Agree completely on the disgusting pressure put on a Championship team to vote. Heads must roll at the SPFL for releasing data before it is fully complete. 

Scottish football is rotten to the core.

It beggars belief they have released results so far. Just when you think it can't get any more corrupt or underhand, it does. 

pettigrewsstylist

ICT, or whoever it may be,  waiting for offers :)

We are a diddy country

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, stan said:

That would be a glorious shambles   if that's where we end iup😂

28 days later...zombie clubs everywhere!

I’d rather they used the 28 days to come up with a sensible solution.  Get Rangers proposal improved / legalised.

9 minutes ago, stan said:

That would be a glorious shambles   if that's where we end iup😂

28 days later...zombie clubs everywhere!

Points deductions galore :greggy:

bean counter
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That can't be correct the spfl say they have 10 for and 1 against so only one team left to declare

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Whole thing is a circus.

Agree completely on the disgusting pressure put on a Championship team to vote. Heads must roll at the SPFL for releasing data before it is fully complete. 

Hearts and Partick won’t have voted for legal reasons and to allow 28 days for further negotiation. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Easy to bully and blackmail then.  All the more reason not to make this public - personal safety and all that of those concerned.  We know what fans can be like in Scotland.

Or on the flip side, easy for Inverness, if it's them, to sell their vote to the highest bidder.

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m trying to get it confirmed but I don’t think Hearts voted. If this is indeed the case then AB has played a blinder.

certainly seems that way. No doubt we would have lawyers all over this and if there was a pushed through vote that doesn’t match the normal 28 day consultation period then we are quite right not to get involved in this shambles. Would hope that it’s for one of two Reasons 

1. to ensure league reconstruction is on the table

2. to enhance our legal position of this demotion as a result of clubs voting and not the outcome of a league season  

17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Completely improper to release the votes midway through a vote even if it is allowed to extend the deadline.

Correct.

I hope ICT come out and say they have abstained and have no intention of voting.

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

But they announce the state of the vote??? 

Yes because they want to put pressure on clubs

Hence the calls to clubs from the SPFL, the Rod Petrie statement and every other underhanded tactic they can think of.

Kirky Jambo
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

or at least Rangers sort their proposal drafting out and get it through in the meantime

It is illegal to publish: opinion or exit polls , or any details of actual voting in UK elections before the close of polling. The SG Minister for Sport, Mr Joe Fitzpatrick must make a statement on the behaviour of the SPFL chairman Mr Doncaster in releasing a statement before all votes were cast which would corroborate the claims by Stewart Robertson , Director of Rangers FC , of bullying clubs to vote for the SPFL board resolution. Mr Fitzpatrick has a political responsibility that football is governed in Scotland by fit and proper people. The SPFL board has caused reputational  damage to the status of Scottish football and therefore it is incumbent on Mr Fitzpatrick to investigate this matter .

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

ICT, or whoever it may be,  waiting for offers :)

We are a diddy country

The offer to get promoted via Reconstruction.

Massive opportunity financially.

Can someone please confirm if I've got this right please?

Regardless of the motion passing or failing, it cannot be declared either way until every single club has voted. So if it's Hearts that haven't voted yet we could just say we're going to take our sweet time, come ask us again in 3 weeks. If your club has hit the wall by that time, tough tits to you?

3 minutes ago, livi said:

How can they give an update on the votes made then.  😠

Because they’re dicks and Hearts and Partick are hopefully 2 of the 3 they’re yet to hear from.

7 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Or on the flip side, easy for Inverness, if it's them, to sell their vote to the highest bidder.

Which is why releasing a statement with votes earlier the SPFL have helped any legal arguement.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

No surprise that Aberdeen did what Celtic told them.

There's was 1 no vote registered I though ? 

maroonsgotop
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen change minds at last minute? 

doubt it. Were probably always going to vote yes 

David McCaig

The offer to get promoted via Reconstruction.

Massive opportunity financially.

Inverness should be saying make reconstruction legally binding and then we’ll vote

1 minute ago, Rannoch said:

It is illegal to publish: opinion or exit polls , or any details of actual voting in UK elections before the close of polling. The SG Minister for Sport, Mr Joe Fitzpatrick must make a statement on the behaviour of the SPFL chairman Mr Doncaster in releasing a statement before all votes were cast which would corroborate the claims by Stewart Robertson , Director of Rangers FC , of bullying clubs to vote for the SPFL board resolution. Mr Fitzpatrick has a political responsibility that football is governed in Scotland by fit and proper people. The SPFL board has caused reputational  damage to the status of Scottish football and therefore it is incumbent on Mr Fitzpatrick to investigate this matter .

:spoton:

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Regardless of the motion passing or failing, it cannot be declared either way until every single club has voted. So if it's Hearts that haven't voted yet we could just say we're going to take our sweet time, come ask us again in 3 weeks. If your club has hit the wall by that time, tough tits to you?

You’d think.

But you’d also think a league couldn’t be decided until every single game was played....

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

Clearly that appears to be the case but publishing the votes now? It's either a feck up or a manouvere

bean counter
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

No surprise that Aberdeen did what Celtic told them.

I said before Aberdeen have previous for it

3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Thats the crux and if that is the case i hope we take it right upto the last second.

It ruins any chance of league reconstruction being voted for if we are the bad guy but you know what i’ll goto the Championship knowing we gave a massive **** you back to the SPFL and all the clubs who took cash over sporting integrity.

Edited by Jamboelite

8 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Whole thing is a circus.

One of us or Huns voted no.  I think huns didn’t vote because of the proposal they made.  We’ve been quiet though since 5 so you don’t know. I’ve said from beginning hearts shouldn’t have voted so hopefully it’s that. 

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Thats the crux and if that is the case i hope we take it right upto the last second.

That would be sweet as a nut.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

doubt it. Were probably always going to vote yes 

I'm becoming a little sceptical that the figures they published on that chart are correct.

Just now, Last Laff said:

One of us or Huns voted no.  I think huns didn’t vote because of the proposal they made.  We’ve been quiet though since 5 so you don’t know. I’ve said from beginning hearts shouldn’t have voted so hopefully it’s that. 

A guy on Twitter who writes articles exclusively about Rangers is claiming it's us that haven't voted.

I wonder if that's why Budge said she wasn't worried about us being relegated just now, and if it does eventually happen she'll deal with it. Maybe she's known all along we can drag this out and bend the leagues over a barrel the same as they're doing to us.

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Inverness should be saying make reconstruction legally binding and then we’ll vote

Aye because they will get that agreed to right enough. 

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’d say it’s both. Fekking idiots. 

Based on Rangers earlier statement its about applying pressure.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )