SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Really weird to release that statement when votes were incomplete.

Completely and utterly wrong.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Me too. 

Did we or Rangers say yes? 🤔 

Surely all but ourselves and Rangers voted yes. Hearts possibly abstained or Rangers did.

Friday 10th April 2020

BOARD UPDATE ON RANGERS RESOLUTION

SPFL STATEMENT

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members.  This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution.  By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed. 

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”.  For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution.  The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution.  The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday.  Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2. 

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They’ve missed the deadline, tough!  

You're the wierdest Hears fan I've ever came across . Not got a clue what your about . 

Daily Record are claiming that due to the rules stating member clubs have 28 days to respond to any vote requested by the SPFL that 3 clubs have simply refused to vote and don't plan on voting.

Make of that what you will.

Just now, stan said:

Surely all but ourselves and Rangers voted yes. Hearts possibly abstained or Rangers did.

Maybe we both abstained and another club voted no?

Just now, stan said:

They are saying 3 clubs found a loophole and did not vote, meaning that further discussion goes on for a further 28 days. 

**** knows what's happening. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

We better tell them to ram it as far as it will go.

The cup isn’t an SPFL competition plus I imagine we’ll need the money. 

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

Daily Record are claiming that due to the rules stating member clubs have 28 days to respond to any vote requested by the SPFL that 3 clubs have simply refused to vote and don't plan on voting.

That could be Hearts.

To me the vote has failed. Only 7 in favour in Championship.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

They are saying 3 clubs found a loophole and did not vote, meaning that further discussion goes on for a further 28 days. 

**** knows what's happening. 

Maybe ICT holding leverage for league reconstruction

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Vote has failed if deadline was a deadline.

In normal circumstances yes but this is the most corrupt bowling committee in history we're talking about. 😂 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wonder why the Championship club didn’t vote?

I would understand possibly why Rangers didn’t 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

Maybe we both abstained and another club voted no?

no, it says 10 out of 12 voted yes and 1 no

eyesandears
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

If Hearts and Rangers aren't tabling a motion of no confidence in Doncaster after this shit show I'll be raging. 

The mans existence brings Scottish football into disrepute. 

Spot on. He's a straw man and needs to go. DONCASTER OUT!

JamboCampbell

Glad Hearts have not voted and lets wait 26 days and hope in that time some of those shitebag clubs go bust. Will enjoy the next month or so

Edited by JamboCampbell

StevenNaismith

All sorts of nonsense going on behind the scenes. Neil Doncaster needs frogmarched out of our game. Corruption of the highest order!

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, true-jambo said:

Could do with ICT confirming if and how they voted

I think it’s probably them that abstained.

I think we’ll still get ****ed over by this.  Record reporting that SPFL only gave clubs 2 days to respond yet the rules state 28 days.  Can you imagine the pressure and bullying being put on the Championship club that abstained?

Didn't some bar room lawyer on here say it would be better for us not to vote in order to be able to mount a legal challenge?  Can't find the post to quote it.

bean counter

It means that if the spfl want this concluded quickly like they say if we or rangers get them to include a guarantee to reconstruct then the 3 missing votes may arrive

Just now, Cruyff said:

In normal circumstances yes but this is the most corrupt bowling committee in history we're talking about. 😂 

Surely, SURELY, if the SPFL try to come round in an hour or two and say the motion has passed. Budge just needs to show the SPFL statement saying the deadline was 5pm. At the time of the deadline the motion had failed. 

The SPFL's only argument is that they make up and change the rules as they please. We all already know that, but they'd be forced to admit it.

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

That puts an interesting slant on it. Possibly Budge did get good legal advice then 👍

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

They had until 5pm to vote?

Releasing results before final 3 votes in (if allowed after 5pm).

You have a legal arguement surely now Ann?

Any chance Hearts or Rangers have abstained so as to provide a stronger case for legal action ?

If a club doesn't vote it can't be assumed to have accepted the process. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

Glad Hearts have not voted and lets wait 26 days and hope in that time some of those shitebag clubs go bust. Will enjoy the next month or so

Where did you see that?

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

Spot on. He's a straw man and needs to go. DONCASTER OUT!

Send Doncaster to Coventry.🤧🤧🤧😷😷😷😷🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

I actually now hope clubs go to the wall. Fk them all.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I still don’t get the abstentions.

If those that didn’t vote against it had just voted against it then it would have failed

there must be something more to this than meets the eye

husref musemic
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

All sorts of nonsense going on behind the scenes. Neil Doncaster needs frogmarched out of our game. Corruption of the highest order!

utter incompetence.

Just now, luckydug said:

Any chance Hearts or Rangers have abstained so as to provide a stronger case for legal action ?

If a club doesn't vote it can't be assumed to have accepted the process. 

Good point. 

Ibrahim Tall
Just now, bean counter said:

It means that if the spfl want this concluded quickly like they say if we or rangers get them to include a guarantee to reconstruct then the 3 missing votes may arrive

League reconstruction isn’t in Rangers favour, I’d be surprised if they would even vote for it. Their only horse in this race is preventing Celtic winning the league.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

So who has abstained?

Presumably Hearts and Inverness.

Hopefully Inverness are a No, but realise they have leverage to get League reconstruction confirmed.

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Do you have any idea if we voted or are we dragging this out?

gashauskis9
17 minutes ago, bean counter said:

How can they release this before all votes are in

I don’t know, but that’s Hearts and Rangers legal case right there.  Clear plot to badger other teams into voting for it by showing them how close the vote is (even though the deadline has gone).

David McCaig
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

League reconstruction isn’t in Rangers favour, I’d be surprised if they would even vote for it. Their only horse in this race is preventing Celtic winning the league.

League reconstruction doesn’t affect Rangers either way.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I still don’t get the abstentions.

If those that didn’t vote against it had just voted against it then it would have failed

there must be something more to this than meets the eye

What it does do is shed a very shady light on the whole affair. It may well be more effective in the long run. 

NaturalOrder74
Just now, Barack said:

Thought there might be a twist. But if this is correct, in that club's (us and another couple) have actually looked at the rules and used them against Doncaster, I may just break a rib laughing.

Please elaborate

If clubs haven't voted by 5.00pm their vote is void surely. 

It's like arriving at the polling station at a minute past ten imo. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I actually now hope clubs go to the wall. Fk them all.

This is where I am at, to be honest think I am finished with Scottish Football! Corrupt to the core 🤬

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Now surely that will give us a legal challenge?!  That would be like Boris extending the polling station beyond 10pm!

There’s 28 days to vote.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )