SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I agree. It’s a bit of a one way street this ‘mutual’ relationship. I think many Hearts supporters seriously underestimate how much Hibs fans hate us.

Ann was raised in sh*t hole leith tenement she has a soft spot for them. If we do go down hopefully we will see the back of her.

Hibs voting to Finnish seventh,and to lose an average of £122,500 x2 for the two derbies (3500 x £35).

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No they never. The article is still there. Go check.

I read last night Hibs would say no, 100%

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Billy Bowie will vote against imo. I think he's more of a Rangers minded man. 

Record has them as a yes but only mentions the fact they have had to furlough staff.

Rangers motion was back by them, us and a 3rd team. May ahve been Killie?

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

80% are not DUE to get it. That figure is trotted out because it is the absolute maximum infection rate possible because at that point the virus dies out. They predict now that 5% have had it....if 80% are going to get it then we might as well just forget the lockdown and get on with life.  If, as is happening, the infection rate decreases then in a few weeks hospital admissions will decrease and eventually deaths too. Most of the experts agree that a blunt tool, as the lockdown is, is not sustainable for more than a couple of months.

Why?

David McCaig
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Record has them as a yes but only mentions the fact they have had to furlough staff.

Was it not Partick?

19 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Some U turn since Saturday. Their chairman was all for calling the league as it stood. 

I don't think he wanted any relegation though. 

Derek MacInnes said he didn't want Hearts relegated. 

I think at that point everyone thought they would just go for the 14 team league. They might well do that yet but that seems to be secondary to the need to bully clubs into awarding Celtic the league. 

gowestjambo

Quite Ironic that we helped Hibs get into the Scottish Leagues in the first place. I also remember Norrie Davidson holding his Head in his hands when he scored a late equaliser to make the score 3-3. The word was we were going to let them win to save them from relegation. circa 1964. As it was another result went in their favour to keep them up.

Ungrateful B@stards!!

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ann was raised in sh*t hole leith tenement she has a soft spot for them. If we do go down hopefully we will see the back of her.

If we go down, I'd like Ann to step down. 

I think she's been pretty weak in fighting our position. I'd like to see a bit more of a combative position taken up by our club representative. Call things out as they see them. Its maybe not diplomatic, but I'm struggling to think of one single time Ann's approaches in dealing with the SFA/SPFL/Scottish football in general have actually worked. 

We have our stand (at huge cost). We didn't die. Great. Thanks. Now we move on. 

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It may be cutting my nose off to spite my face but I’d rather be relegated, all day long, than have any person representing Heart of Midlothian go cap in hand begging to Hibs to save our skin. 

Or to any other club. For all but a couple of exceptions, money is overruling sporting integrity, not that the latter is in great supply. 

This is all being arranged to award a devalued title to a club that doesn’t even consider itself Scottish. That is why a quote (relating to Season 1914/15) sums my feelings. 

There is only one football champion in Scotland, and its colours are maroon and khaki.'

14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The irony is that you know that Ann wouldn’t, in a million years, vote to shaft Hibs!!

She would have no choice if the fans demand it. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Financial security?

Sacrifice 100k (not even guarenteed) in prize money to secure immediate payment. 

Petrie isn't the sharpest tool. 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

To be fair, from my view in muirhouse, her shitty Granton/East Pilton tenement looked pretty swanky. So, from leith i guess it was a bit like Beverly Hills. 

22games nro
34 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Is that the guy we binned over the seats fiasco?

Scott Gardner =

also a very big rangers fan 

Edited by 22games nro

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why?

Because well run out of coronation street and emmerdale. 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

May be Killie, Billy Bowie strikes me as a more pragmatic guy. He was the one calling for an end to the bitterness aimed at Rangers over the EBTs. 

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Quite Ironic that we helped Hibs get into the Scottish Leagues in the first place. I also remember Norrie Davidson holding his Head in his hands when he scored a late equaliser to make the score 3-3. The word was we were going to let them win to save them from relegation. circa 1964. As it was another result went in their favour to keep them up.

Ungrateful B@stards!!

I remember that game the Hearts fans were chanting fix fix fix. 

It wasn't even subtle. 

I remember it slightly different were Hearts not 3-1 up and conceded two late goals to give them a draw. 

I might be wrong mind. 

The chants of fix fix is clear in my memory though. 

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Petrie isn't the sharpest tool. 

But he is a prick

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

lawell will be on the phone applying pressure to get his way.

one other thing i heard that the result wont be made public until next week? surely once it has been voted on the result should be announced, or will they try and get teams to change their votes if they dont get the required numbers?

Will be Monday. 

19 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Its would be hallarious if Rangers said they will not request any away tickets for any games next season. Niw that would **** those little Mickey mouse clubs up lol

The fans of the club that died and then went on to support SEVCO5088 said exactly that when they were formed. Didn't last too long.

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Only one derby would be guaranteed at ER next season.

When was the last time both teams weren’t in the same half if the split? The last time I can think of was 2012 and they got two that season. Has it ever actually happened? Dempster was there when they missed out on league derbies and had the luxury of a home cup tie to compare it too, even Neilson knew what it was worth.

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Or to any other club. For all but a couple of exceptions, money is overruling sporting integrity, not that the latter is in great supply. 

This is all being arranged to award a devalued title to a club that doesn’t even consider itself Scottish. That is why a quote (relating to Season 1914/15) sums my feelings. 

There is only one football champion in Scotland, and its colours are maroon and khaki.'

Great post. In yet another period of national/global adversity, Glasgow Celtic look after the needs of only themselves. I tell you, if a child of mine came home and declared themselves celtic supporters I'd auction of their internal organs on ebay. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

davemclaren
1 minute ago, oi oi said:

The fans of the club that died and then went on to support SEVCO5088 said exactly that when they were formed. Didn't last too long.

Exactly. 

18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Because her and her family are Hibs fans

Utter pish. Her brother is vermin. She, most certainly is not

31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Am actually happy Hibs have voted for this. About time we stopped this cosying up to each other pish! **** them, their stupid bint of a chairwoman and everyone associated with them. 

Me too don’t want them Vermin casting it up they are just a pile o s**t

20 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Time for us, Rangers and Aberdeen to form a breakaway league with the likes of Dundee etc.

Traditionally the biggest clubs in each city anyway.

Then add in East Fife, the most successful Fife club.

**** em.

😃

Add in Patrick too. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Add in Patrick too. 

Edinburgh City would be another i bet. 

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

This is an extract from an article on the BBC relating to Rangers request to release prizemoney early.

And the Ibrox club say they have had "numerous reports" from Scottish sides of "attempts to coerce and bully them" into backing the SPFL's own proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242968

presumably Lennon & Brown have been sent out to 'canvass' opinion

Edited by maroonsgotop

StevenNaismith

AB is confident they don’t have the votes required. Hibs still not shown their hand despite what the DR are saying. 

gashauskis9
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

AB is confident they don’t have the votes required. Hibs still not shown their hand despite what the DR are saying. 

Evening News reporting it as well.

queensferryjambo
7 minutes ago, Busman2 said:

Hibs voting to Finnish seventh,and to lose an average of £122,500 x2 for the two derbies (3500 x £35).

Hibs will not just lose 3500 X £35 for derby games.

They will lose the gate money of Hearts fans and the thousands of part time Hibs fans who only ever turn out for derby games.

If it was Dundee Utd instead of Hearts you can expect a drop of at least 7000 supporters in those 2 games.

Including hospitality, catering and ticket cash I would expect them to lose in the region of £450,000.

For their fans it will be worth it. 

bean counter

It would be ironic if this passed, celtic were awarded the league, and uefa then said no champions league spot

However I can really see that happening as Lawell is involved in uefa committees and was pushing the atlantic league thing

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Utter pish. Her brother is vermin. She, most certainly is not

Bang on the cash Jamhammer Ann is 100% Hearts as is her daughter.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This is exciting. Like sitting up till late for a general election result.

🙄

It actually feels a bit similar to getting the CVA agreed in 2014.

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

It would be ironic if this passed, celtic were awarded the league, and uefa then said no champions league spot

However I can really see that happening as Lawell is involved in uefa committees and was pushing the atlantic league thing

Wouldn't be surprised if champions league is curtailed next season. Maybe (OK hopefully) forgetting the diddy teams eg Celtic. That would be funny.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This is exciting. Like sitting up till late for a general election result.

🙄

More like waiting on your appeal outcome the night before your execution. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

More like waiting on your appeal outcome the night before your execution. 

Personal experience? 

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It actually feels a bit similar to getting the CVA agreed in 2014.

No quite to that extent, I can handle the championship, I couldn’t have handled no Hearts.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Billy Bowie will vote against imo. I think he's more of a Rangers minded man. 

Eight clubs have confirmed they will vote for the proposals, three will vote no so that means it’s all down to Ross County in the Premiership.

CELTIC - YES

HAMILTON - YES

KILMARNOCK - YES

LIVINGSTON - YES

MOTHERWELL - YES

ST MIRREN - YES

ST JOHNSTONE - YES

HIBS - YES

RANGERS - NO

HEARTS - NO

ABERDEEN - NO

ROSS COUNTY - UNDECLARED

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Likely vote: No

So you never read that Hibs would vote No last night then. Thanks for clarifying.

So now it’s likely they will vote yes.  The record got it wrong.  Most of their predictions are “likely” regardless.  Not sure what the issue is. 

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ann might well look very silly come 5pm

WoolfordsHearts
21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Thankfully my Grandfather was brought up in such a tenement, Henderson street.

The biggest Hearts man I've ever known.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )