SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Ross County based on their recent form and financial position will be voting yes.

I would like to think if we can prove clubs have been bullied into voting yes that this would strengthen a legal case.

Ultimately though we have been stitched up as have Partick.

Oh and **** Hibs and their shithouse owner and CEO.

Budge better tell her to **** off on anything in future....which is good cause i hate this cosy cosy relationship.

Hopefully budge is gone by the end of this.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Boab Mugabe

What do you know? The Budge era of toadying up to hibs with joint statements and initiatives and the likes proves to be a pointless exercise when push comes to shove.

If we’re voted to be relegated I’m all for resigning from the SPFL and joining another National Association tbh.

SpikeDudley
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You want thousands of people to die, maybe some of your family members,  just so some football clubs can go bust.  Get a ****ing grip!

you are right - I take it back. Should have counted to ten.

But it's still a stitch-up of epic proportions

1 minute ago, LewisR5-1 said:

Thought it would make the vote inept 8-4 needs 9 votes to pass in the spfl does it not ? 

Yes. But even if all 12 teams in the Premiership back it, it still fails if any of the leagues below do not.

NaturalOrder74

That’s why Budge is awful, when it comes down to it hibs are not going to look out for us. They’re vermin and should be treated as hostile never friendly with the wee team it should be like that from the very top to the very bottom of hearts 

Footballfirst

The SPFL responds to TRFC in the latest game of statement tennis

https://spfl.co.uk/news/board-update-on-rangers-resolution

This isn't going to end well, whatever course is eventually taken. There are clear divisions between member clubs and the SPFL Board which is not good for the future of the game.

BOARD UPDATE ON RANGERS RESOLUTION

SPFL STATEMENT

The SPFL Board received a requisition from Rangers, supported by two other clubs, that the Board must issue a further resolution to members.  This resolution sought to compel the SPFL to lend money to all 42 Clubs.

The Board took legal advice from a leading QC on the proposed resolution.  By law, the members of a private company can require their Board to circulate a resolution, unless such resolution would be ineffective if passed. 

The clear and unequivocal legal advice received by the SPFL is that the resolution received from Rangers is ineffective in terms of company law. As a result, the Board determined this morning that it cannot be circulated to members.

We have seen a statement from Rangers that they “sought comment from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure [their] resolution was deemed competent”.  For the avoidance of doubt, only at 10.18pm yesterday did the SPFL’s lawyer receive an email from Rangers seeking advice on the content of their resolution, which was put before the SPFL Board first thing this morning.

Rangers have expressed a desire to submit a further resolution.  The SPFL’s lawyers will work with Rangers, as they will with any other member club, who wishes to put forward a resolution.  The offer to help clubs with the drafting of their resolutions was made during the divisional conference calls on Wednesday.  Rangers chose to proceed without seeking that help, with the result that their resolution was ineffective.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2. 

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why? It is much more likely the leagues below will vote against it anyway.

It doesn’t really.  Champ needs Inverness probably and L1&2 combined look enough to push it through. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yes. But even if all 12 teams in the Premiership back it, it still fails if any of the leagues below do not.

Basically it all comes down to Inverness now.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, normando said:

Apart from badness it makes no sense of any kind Hibs to vote yes.

Apart from losing around £400k from dropping a place and two sell outs against us?

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolutely typical of the Hibs to say one thing and then do the other because Lywell calls them. I sincerely hope these *******s go bankrupt.

To be fair, I don’t think Dempster has once been quoted as saying she would vote no.  We’ve no chance of getting 4 votes now.  The Premiership will vote to demote us so we’re relying on the lower league clubs to save us.  What a ****imh shambles this is.

Never trusted Dempster.

Remember during the Championship season working beside a Hibee who told me Dempster was ridiculing Budge and FOH at one of their shareholding meetings.

Having said that, I'd probably want us to stick the knife in Hibs if the roles were reversed.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It doesn’t really.  Champ needs Inverness probably and L1&2 combined look enough to push it through. 

With regards to League 1 and 2 if you trust the Record's run down of Yes/No and Undeclared earlier today, the best case scenario for Yes is only 14 votes.

Kirky Jambo

Scott Gardner is at Inverness I think? Previously of Hearts and Rangers. Looks like we might be relying on him.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, I don’t think Dempster has once been quoted as saying she would vote no.  We’ve no chance of getting 4 votes now.  The Premiership will vote to demote us so we’re relying on the lower league clubs to save us.  What a ****imh shambles this is.

Since when were Hibs fair. Dumpster certainly put out vibes that they would vote no.   How else would the press have mentioned that. The press operates by nods and winks. I’m sure that Dumpster put out hints that they would vote no.

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

Scott Gardner is at Inverness I think? Previously of Hearts and Rangers. Looks like we might be relying on him.

I hope not. He wasn’t too impressed with how the club handled his departure.

Gorgie_Rules

Hibs will 100% support it. Dempster will lose all trust from their supporters it she doesnt.

I think it will take Partick, Dundee, Inverness and Ayr to prevent this from happening

2 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Hope he has a seat to sit down in.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from losing around £400k from dropping a place and two sell outs against us?

Only one derby would be guaranteed at ER next season.

Am actually happy Hibs have voted for this. About time we stopped this cosying up to each other pish! **** them, their stupid bint of a chairwoman and everyone associated with them. 

I wonder if its time for another breakaway league?

Has anyone had any confidence in the leadership team at the SPFL/SFA ? They've lurched from one disaster to another with zero accountability. Pandered to two clubs and now are firmly in the pocket of one club. 

I think Hearts, Rangers, Partick Thistle, need to see who else would be keen on starting again. Doncaster is an utter weapon of a man that will ensure Scottish football never improves. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What Championship clubs have openly said no?

Partick

Dundee(?)

Dundee quite emphatically!!

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hibs will 100% support it. Dempster will lose all trust from their supporters it she doesnt.

I think it will take Partick, Dundee, Inverness and Ayr to prevent this from happening

Ayr are voting for it, they need the money. 

The only teams that are confirmed against are, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer 

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yep - she hasn't at any time said Yes or No. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Dundee quite emphatically!!

Ive always preferred the dark blues to that Dundee Hibernian mob. 

GorgieRules22

If they relegate us and expect the club to play in a semi final I hope we tell the to shove it up their ****ing arse.

Gorgie_Rules
Just now, Cruyff said:

Ayr are voting for it, they need the money. 

The only teams that are confirmed against are, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer 

Yes just read that about Ayr. We are doomed then IMO, unless Aberdeen and Ross County don’t back it

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

What Championship clubs have openly said no?

Partick

Dundee(?)

Partick are a definite no as per their statement and the fact they are taking the biggest shafting.  Dundee seem to have indicated no which would mean one more team needed in the Championship but there seems to be more resistance in League 1.  However, how many heads will be turned by the calculated statement last night suspending further until 10th June?

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Yes just read that about Ayr. We are doomed then IMO, unless Aberdeen and Ross County don’t back it

We need one more SPFL team to side with us. Hopefully Aberdeen. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Am actually happy Hibs have voted for this. About time we stopped this cosying up to each other pish! **** them, their stupid bint of a chairwoman and everyone associated with them. 

What’s happening today sums up everything that has been wrong with Ann Budge’s nicey nice, cosying up to Hibs, can’t we all be friends approach to running the club over the last 5 years!!

Right at the end of her tenure, maybe she will finally have realised that there is no ‘we’ or sense of community in Scottish Football, its every club for itself and screw everyone else.

Ironic that it is Leanne Dempster applying the final knife !!!

pettigrewsstylist

Coming back up straight away may not be the foregone conclusion that many seem to think!

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Aye brilliant, that might be the vote that relegateds us! Would that make you happy?  It would sure as hell make their fans happy.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Ainsley Harriott

I cant see us winning this vote now. Sex offenders united sticking together. there was no way hibs were going to ruin their cosy relationship with their pals.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We need one more SPFL team to side with us. Hopefully Aberdeen. 

No... 9-3 means the proposal passes.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Difference for Ayr is that they don't budget to be promoted.  Inverness and Dundee on the other hand will be financially dependent on the play offs and chance to be promoted into the Premiership and so it makes no sense for both of them to vote yes.  And yes, I am clutching at straws now...

21 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

2 games where they will have Dundee United who usually travel well anyway.

A home game against Dundee United won't generate anything like the income of a derby. All those Cat A ticket sales in a full away end AND the home end sell out. Full hospitality suites. 

Against a couple of thousand away fans over season paying Cat B prices.

There will hundreds of thousands of pounds of a difference 

Footballfirst

I think that the statements attributed to the SPFL spokesman, demonstrate a similar level of spin as being attributed to Rangers.

A spokesman said: “These are extremely difficult times for the people of Scotland and for every club in the land.  Agreed

“The SPFL Board has worked hard to propose a clear way of quickly delivering much-needed fee payments to the 30 clubs in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2. Agreed

However, why add the determination of promotion, relegation, cancellation of play-offs, impact on the Pyramid leagues and a woolly commitment to reconstruction, as part of the proposal to deliver payments to clubs?

“The alternative is further weeks, and possibly months, of uncertainty and financial hardship for dozens of clubs which are desperately looking for a way to survive.”

There is no reason why a resolution to the other outstanding issues cannot be progressed in quick time with good leadership, communication and a desire to do it. 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Kylejordan said:

This would be the best idea but then just to throw glorious spanner in the works, imagine the scenes if rangers or Celtic ended up in top half and bottom half so sky don’t get their 4 old firm games. Never going to happen but Jesus Christ it would be funny 

That's no different from the set up just now so they would have to swallow it.

Let's be honest. They dont care and we will.go down. How reconstruction isnt on the table is crazy but Scottish foot ball is in this mess because it's all about 2 clubs in and self interest. The 3rd biggest club is about to drop down after 30 game. Thus will cost them all and I will never set foot in there grounds again. Hiw you can relegate a club after only playing 30 games is complete madness. Our games a laughing stock.... I dont care any more and eoukd love ys to apply to play in the bottom tier of english football. Lifts ofclubs could go but there so they might welcome us. There is no money in the championship in Scotland so let's apply for England. They might knock us back but it would be hallarious if we could lol.

Oh and my wish now would be for this virus to run into next season and **** the league up again. I wonder who will be bottom after 30 games eh. 

1 minute ago, pablo said:

A home game against Dundee United won't generate anything like the income of a derby. All those Cat A ticket sales in a full away end AND the home end sell out. Full hospitality suites. 

Against a couple of thousand away fans over season paying Cat B prices.

There will hundreds of thousands of pounds of a difference 

I know that.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

No... 9-3 means the proposal passes.

That's pissed in my cornflakes. I thought it was 75%.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What’s happening today sums up everything that has been wrong with Ann Budge’s nicey nice, cosying up to Hibs, can’t we all be friends approach to running the club over the last 5 years!!

Right at the end of her tenure, maybe she will finally have realised that there is no ‘we’ or sense of community in Scottish Football, its every club for itself and screw everyone else.

Ironic that it is Leanne Dempster applying the final knife !!!

Very ironic. 

13 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Is that the guy we binned over the seats fiasco?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )