SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Famous 1874

Aberdeen are voting against it, joining us and Rangers. We’ll need another club in the top flight to do the same. 

According to Keith Jackson

gashauskis9
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What’s happening today sums up everything that has been wrong with Ann Budge’s nicey nice, cosying up to Hibs, can’t we all be friends approach to running the club over the last 5 years!!

Right at the end of her tenure, maybe she will finally have realised that there is no ‘we’ or sense of community in Scottish Football, its every club for itself and screw everyone else.

Ironic that it is Leanne Dempster applying the final knife !!!

Just confirmed her place in the Hibs fans hall of fame as well.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye brilliant, that might be the vote that relegateds us! Would that make you happy?  It would sure as hell make their fans happy.

If it ends this stupid “respect the rivalry” nonsense then it would be a silver lining on a jobby cloud. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

9-3 is 75%

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

75% of 12 is 9.

:laugh2:

Doh! 

🙄 

My level 9 maths coming in handy. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I know that.

They could have had hearts and Dundee United but they chose Dundee United only. Time the hatred of our rivals escalates to the max. All the other clubs can rot..they will all regret this in the long run.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Let's be honest. They dont care and we will.go down. How reconstruction isnt on the table is crazy but Scottish foot ball is in this mess because it's all about 2 clubs in and self interest. The 3rd biggest club is about to drop down after 30 game. Thus will cost them all and I will never set foot in there grounds again. Hiw you can relegate a club after only playing 30 games is complete madness. Our games a laughing stock.... I dont care any more and eoukd love ys to apply to play in the bottom tier of english football. Lifts ofclubs could go but there so they might welcome us. There is no money in the championship in Scotland so let's apply for England. They might knock us back but it would be hallarious if we could lol.

Oh and my wish now would be for this virus to run into next season and **** the league up again. I wonder who will be bottom after 30 games eh. 

And how many lives would you like lost?  Think before you post such pish!

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just confirmed her place in the Hibs fans hall of fame as well.

She's always been a feckin Hibee

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Aberdeen are voting against it, joining us and Rangers. We’ll need another club in the top flight to do the same. 

Some U turn since Saturday. Their chairman was all for calling the league as it stood. 

49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What happened to AB fighting this in the Courts?

Budge gives her take

Ann Budge has revealed she doesn’t believe the SPFL’s proposal will be voted through - but will accept the outcome if it is.

The Hearts owner is angry at the plans which could see her side relegated despite being just four points behind 11th with 24 points left to play for.

But after conversations with clubs in the top two leagues, she doesn’t expect it to garner enough support.

She said:

“Based on the conversations I have had - and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and Championship although I haven’t talked to League One or Two clubs because I don’t have the ready contacts - but I don’t believe this will be supported.

“We are where we are in the league positions and if everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right then I will not fight it till the death. How is that going to end?

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.

“But I do just keep coming back to the point of who is going to benefit?”

If this goes against us the fans will never forgive Mrs Budge for rolling over and accepting it. 

She would be as well resigning tonight imo. 

6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Coming back up straight away may not be the foregone conclusion that many seem to think!

Exactly, we’ll lose most of our better players due to relegation clauses. Only good thing is we can get rid of a few duds on decent money but it sure as hell leaves a mammoth task for whatever coach is at the helm with little time to get a team ready. On the Scottish cup we should certainly tell them to ram it. 

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Coming back up straight away may not be the foregone conclusion that many seem to think!

Exactly i wouldn't trust that bunch of imposters to start stringing wins together 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

And how many lives would you like lost?  Think before you post such pish!

The virus won't go away in any case so he will get what he wishes for.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

That’s it, won’t be any more, will be 9-3.  And to think someone just posted they’re happy Hibs will vote yes!  Cutting your nose to spite your face won’t do us any favours, we need every bit of help we can get.

Heres Rixxy
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Celtic - FOR confirmed

Rangers - AGAINST confirmed

Motherwell - FOR assumed (finish 3rd)

Aberdeen - AGAINST confirmed

Livingston - FOR confirmed

Hibernian - FOR confirmed

St Johnstone - FOR assumed (finish 1 place higher)

Kilmarnock - ?

St Mirren - FOR confirmed

Ross Country - FOR assumed (avoid relegation)

Hamilton - FOR assumed (avoid relegation)

Hearts - AGAINST confirmed

I can only see Kilmarnock as any sort of potential, but really they have nothing to gain by voting against.

David McCaig
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Exactly, we’ll lose most of our better players due to relegation clauses. Only good thing is we can get rid of a few duds on decent money but it sure as hell leaves a mammoth task for whatever coach is at the helm with little time to get a team ready. On the Scottish cup we should certainly tell them to ram it. 

If this is voted through we need to withdraw the 70% wage cut offer and furlough every player on zero salary.  Let anyone who wants to leave, leave... obviously the one exception to this is Aaron Hickey.

Ann also needs to stand down with immediate effect.

46 minutes ago, normando said:

Apart from badness it makes no sense of any kind Hibs to vote yes.

Their supporters despise us. They would not accept their club voting any other way. Gordon will know to pick his battles, and will keep them onside over this.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agreed. Many seem to be doing their lost revenue sums based on us cruising back up by next summer though................presumably based on 2015 experience.

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

With regards to League 1 and 2 if you trust the Record's run down of Yes/No and Undeclared earlier today, the best case scenario for Yes is only 14 votes.

They also said Hibs would vote no.  Many undecided at this time which will have been swayed with the huns plan laughed out the place. 

2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Celtic - FOR confirmed

Rangers - AGAINST confirmed

Motherwell - FOR assumed (finish 3rd)

Aberdeen - AGAINST confirmed

Livingston - FOR confirmed

Hibernian - FOR confirmed

St Johnstone - FOR assumed (finish 1 place higher)

Kilmarnock - ?

St Mirren - FOR confirmed

Ross Country - FOR assumed (avoid relegation)

Hamilton - FOR assumed (avoid relegation)

Hearts - AGAINST confirmed

I can only see Kilmarnock as any sort of potential, but really they have nothing to gain by voting against.

Hopefully Billy Bowie is a more Rangers minded Ayrshire man and votes against to spite Celtic. 🤞 

47 minutes ago, normando said:

Apart from badness it makes no sense of any kind Hibs to vote yes.

Hopefully there will come a time in the not too distant future where they need our vote and we tell them where to stick it. 

Premiership

Celtic Yes

Hamilton Yes

Hibernian Yes (assumed)

Livingston Yes

Motherwell Yes

St Mirren Yes

Kilmarnock Yes

St Johnstone Yes

Hearts No

Rangers No

Aberdeen Unknown 

Ross County Unknown 

Aberdeen and Ross County required to vote No to fail

Championship

Alloa Yes

Arbroath Yes

Ayr Yes

Dunfermline Yes

Dundee United Yes

Morton Yes

QOTS Yes

Partick Thistle No

Dundee No

ICT unknown 

ICT required to vote no to fail

League 1 and League 2 combined.

Forfar Yes

Raith Rovers Yes

Peterhead Yes

Clyde Yes

Dumbarton No

East Fife No

Falkirk No

Montrose No

Stranraer No

Albion Rovers Yes

Annan Yes

Brechin Yes

Cove Rangers Yes

Cowdenbeath Yes

Elgin City Yes

Stirling Albion Yes

Edinburgh City No

Queens Park Unknown

Stenhousemuir Unknown

Airdrieonians Unknown

Based on the above declarations the SPFL can only attain 14 of the required 15 votes from these leagues combined. 

Result - Motion does not pass based on League 1 and 2.

All of that relies on the Records report being accurate. However they were able to provide direct quotes from all teams who they have as a No.

Edited by hughesie27

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Their supporters despise us. They would not accept their club voting any other way. Gordon will know to pick his battles, and will keep them onside over this.

We would be the same in all honesty.  They’ve left it as late as they can shiting it their vote will matter.  

fabienleclerq

Naming how teams plan to vote prior to it in the press is an absolute stitch up, trying to force RC into voting. Got Lawell all over it. 

Its would be hallarious if Rangers said they will not request any away tickets for any games next season. Niw that would **** those little Mickey mouse clubs up lol

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They also said Hibs would vote no.  Many undecided at this time which will have been swayed with the huns plan laughed out the place. 

No they never. The article is still there. Go check.

Edited by hughesie27

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Scott Gardner is at Inverness I think? Previously of Hearts and Rangers. Looks like we might be relying on him.

The guy we sacked, the one that forgot to order the seats, will he remember to vote?

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They would bring half the support and corporate will be shite also.  Spangles to a man.  I would relegate them though so I can kind of see why. 

Dundee Utds away support will depend on how well they are playing. 

Maximum 1500

Minumum as low as a few hundred. 

Hearts away support in a Derby is guaranteed cash. 

There is also the fan(ny) factor their inmates will be gagging for Hearts to be shafted so will be rather annoyed at their club for voting No. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

We would be the same in all honesty.  They’ve left it as late as they can shiting it their vote will matter.  

I  dont think we would do the same. We have more class than them for a start and would want to retain the derby 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Naming how teams plan to vote prior to it in the press is an absolute stitch up, trying to force RC into voting. Got Lawell all over it. 

lawell will be on the phone applying pressure to get his way.

one other thing i heard that the result wont be made public until next week? surely once it has been voted on the result should be announced, or will they try and get teams to change their votes if they dont get the required numbers?

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The irony is that you know that Ann wouldn’t, in a million years, vote to shaft Hibs!!

Bunny Munro
Just now, OTT said:

If Ross County abstained what would happen?

It needs 75% support. Id assume if they abstain then that's effectively a 'no'.

Time for us, Rangers and Aberdeen to form a breakaway league with the likes of Dundee etc.

Traditionally the biggest clubs in each city anyway.

Then add in East Fife, the most successful Fife club.

**** em.

😃

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The irony is that you know that Ann wouldn’t, in a million years, vote to shaft Hibs!!

Because her and her family are Hibs fans

1 minute ago, OTT said:

If Ross County abstained what would happen?

Id assume it should fail with only 73% of the vote. But it’s Scottish fitbaw, they do what they want. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dundee Utds away support will depend on how well they are playing. 

Maximum 1500

Minumum as low as a few hundred. 

Hearts away support in a Derby is guaranteed cash. 

There is also the fan(ny) factor their inmates will be gagging for Hearts to be shafted so will be rather annoyed at their club for voting No. 

Also that 1500 would probably be negated aa less home fans are likely to go and watch them play them than a derby.

It may be cutting my nose off to spite my face but I’d rather be relegated, all day long, than have any person representing Heart of Midlothian go cap in hand begging to Hibs to save our skin. 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Premiership

Celtic Yes

Hamilton Yes

Hibernian Yes (assumed)

Livingston Yes

Motherwell Yes

St Mirren Yes

St Johnstone Yes

Hearts No

Rangers No

Aberdeen Unknown 

Ross County Unknown 

Aberdeen and Ross County required to vote No to fail

Championship

Alloa Yes

Arbroath Yes

Ayr Yes

Dunfermline Yes

Dundee United Yes

Morton Yes

QOTS Yes

Partick Thistle No

Dundee No

ICT unknown 

ICT required to vote no to fail

League 1 and League 2 combined.

Forfar Yes

Raith Rovers Yes

Peterhead Yes

Clyde Yes

Dumbarton No

East Fife No

Falkirk No

Montrose No

Stranraer No

Albion Rovers Yes

Annan Yes

Brechin Yes

Cove Rangers Yes

Cowdenbeath Yes

Elgin City Yes

Stirling Albion Yes

Edinburgh City No

Queens Park Unknown

Stenhousemuir Unknown

Airdrieonians Unknown

Based on the above declarations the SPFL can only attain 14 of the required 15 votes from these keagues combined. 

Result - Motion does not pass based on League 1 and 2.

All of that relies on the Records report being accurate. However they were able to provide direct quotes from all teams who they have as a No.

Killie haven't said which way they will go. 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Ann would never vote yes if roles were reversed, unless we were sitting in No1 spot! Seriously, she could never vote yes and then spout on about fairness etc ever again

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Premiership

Celtic Yes

Hamilton Yes

Hibernian Yes (assumed)

Livingston Yes

Motherwell Yes

St Mirren Yes

St Johnstone Yes

Hearts No

Rangers No

Aberdeen Unknown 

Ross County Unknown 

Aberdeen and Ross County required to vote No 

Has Kilmarnock ceased to exist in the last 24 hours? :lol:

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

What do you know? The Budge era of toadying up to hibs with joint statements and initiatives and the likes proves to be a pointless exercise when push comes to shove.

If we’re voted to be relegated I’m all for resigning from the SPFL and joining another National Association tbh.

I think we need to stay realistic. 

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I agree. It’s a bit of a one way street this ‘mutual’ relationship. I think many Hearts supporters seriously underestimate how much Hibs fans hate us.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )