Jump to content

SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )


Heres Rixxy

Recommended Posts

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Indeed. Hence why I never disputed the fact. 

I know.

I was just trying to give an opinion on whether the Hearts board of the golden era would have acted with ambition without the, pretty much, iron clad contracts that those great players had.

I’m glad they didn’t get the chance to show it, because I doubt it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    2099

  • Pasquale for King

    1723

  • Ethan Hunt

    1598

  • Beast Boy

    1415

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

I hope you're right about all of the above, Enzo. Well, you and the scientists. 

:laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

I hope you're right about all of the above, Enzo. Well, you and the scientists. 

More the scientists I think Martoon😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I know.

I was just trying to give an opinion on whether the Hearts board of the golden era would have acted with ambition without the, pretty much, iron clad contracts that those great players had.

I’m glad they didn’t get the chance to show it, because I doubt it.


Yeah, I know. It was actually a very interesting point and I gave it a bit of thought, but I’m too young to be able to debate it, as all I have to go on are second hand anecdotes from people who were there, and the books that I’ve read. I just thought I had better make it clear that I wasn’t denigrating the achievements of the fifties team, before some absolute weapon jumped in and accused me. :thumbsup:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

More the scientists I think Martoon😎

 

😁👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

First Minister yesterday mentioned the peak will not arrive till Autumn, so after the peak, it will be a couple of months before things go back to normal!

And if it does return, the whole country will be in lockdown till vaccine is available!!!

I tend to follow the UK briefings tbh, they provide far more clarity, the scientists present graphs and clarification and, generally, more detailed information.  Although early days, they expect the peak to be over the next week or so and they do seem in agreement that the curve of new infections is starting to flatten. They now seem focussed on the exit strategy and releasing the lockdown. The FM is out of step with the opinions of most scientists if she thinks the peak will come in the Autumn.  In the end, her hands will be tied by what happens at a UK level

Link to post
Share on other sites
third lanark

I’m beginning to think someone at the top of the SPFL hates Partick Thistle- shafted over the 10,000 seater rule and now this.  Has there ever been a clan shafted more by the top brass

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

The latest statement from TRFC

 

Quote

RANGERS have received confirmation from the SPFL board, that the SPFL’s legal adviser did not deem our Members Resolution as competent.

We prepared this update in advance of the scheduled SPFL board meeting this morning, in the full anticipation that the SPFL board would rule our proposed resolution was not competent.

As a member club, we sought assistance from the SPFL Executive on several occasions yesterday, to ensure our resolution was deemed competent. For the avoidance of doubt, no advice was forthcoming prior to the meeting starting.

Now that the SPFL have belatedly identified the reason why our members resolution was not competent, we will immediately resubmit our resolution, based upon their advice. If this advice had been forthcoming earlier, we would not have lost valuable time in this process. We are confused as to why attempts have been made to slow the progress of Rangers’ resolution.

Over the last 36 hours, we have received numerous reports from fellow Scottish clubs relating to attempts to coerce and bully them into voting for the SPFL’s own resolution. We are proud that many fellow clubs will stand strong and not be swayed.

Our resolution was simply intended to urgently address the financial hardship faced by clubs whilst allowing more time to discuss and evaluate all options for completing this season, in line with UEFA advice. This is in the interest of every football club in Scotland and the wider Scottish game.

We trust that when we resubmit our resolution, no impediments will be placed in the way of clubs voting on this matter in a swift manner.

 

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The next statement from TRFC

 

 

 


Ooft! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The latest statement from TRFC

 

Good statement from them tbf.

 

Wish we were a bit more combative like that. SFA don't seem to be playing fair with trying to cram through their Celtic minded proposal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

Exactly. 

 

The only stumbling block appears to be a reluctance to share revenue around 14 instead of 12. However, it need only be for one season. 

 

What is it about this pandemic/unique circumstances that others (clubs/SkyTV...) don't understand? And why should a few suffer unfair punishment while most don't? 

 

Sky do and will understand its the SPFL/SFA board that are using this as a threat.

 

The people driving this agenda have the most to lose.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers acting exactly how I wanted Budge to act. Expose every single under hand tactic the SPFL are using and show us (the fans) that we aren’t taking this lying down. Calling the league as it stands has been the SPFL’s and Celtics plan from day dot of the shut down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, busby1985 said:

Rangers acting exactly how I wanted Budge to act. Expose every single under hand tactic the SPFL are using and show us (the fans) that we aren’t taking this lying down. Calling the league as it stands has been the SPFL’s and Celtics plan from day dot of the shut down. 


Hate to have to agree on this, but I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
1 minute ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Good statement from Rangers. Sounds like Peter Liewell has been doing a lot of scheming and bullying during lockdown!

As much as it pains me to say so, "well done TRFC, the bullying, backhandidness, corruption rland ineptitude needs bringing to the fore. Nobody listens to us but when they make noises people listen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on Rangers

 

This has felt like a carve up from the start and become more obvious when they decided the play offs were no longer going to be completed or even contemplated.

 

Hopefully other clubs will see this for what it is its Hearts and Partick today it could be them in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Neverforgetfiveone
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Her comments only make sense if she has been advised that we have very little chance of overturning any vote in the courts. 

Tom English was on about this, could be a very lengthy and expensive process. Not to mention burning all bridges with the governing body - however much a bunch of useless excrement they are - it’s their baw! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Okay, since you need it broken down for you, I’ll do my best to put it in a way that you can understand:

 

Dave took exception to someone referring to the Romanov era as “our most successful” (presumably in the poster’s lifetime, or simply in modern times), and pointed out that the fifties team was our most successful. This is of course true, and they are our greats of yesteryear who we should and do revere.

 

The tangent of the fifties team came off the back of a discussion about successful owners of HMFC. Budge v Romanov in this instance. I for one am not happy about Budge’s interview where she rules out “fighting to the end” regarding demotion. I am however overall quite happy with her leadership of the club to date. When Romanov’s name came up, the usual lazy comments were flung in about him taking us to the edge of death. I countered this by pointing out the good things that he oversaw:

 

Saving is from death

Retaining Hartley and Gordon

Two Scottish Cups

Champions League Qualifiers

Second place finish

Rudi Skacel

Keeping is at Tynecastle

 

This was in response to Dave’s claim that he nearly killed our club. 
 

Now, here’s the tricky bit, so I’d like you to try and concentrate a little, and get your head around this...

 

Someone else claimed he was responsible for our most successful period as a club. I did not. Obviously the 1950s team was more successful, and we had better players. That’s not what was being debated here. I pointed out, that the successes of the 1950s would be impossible to emulate nowadays, because the game has changed so much, we would never be able to keep a hold of players of that quality long enough to have them in the same team for that length of time. If you can’t see that, then you are either clueless as to how different football is nowadays compared to them, or you are just being obtuse. Things that have changed since the fifties that make emulating that team impossible:

 

Money - this is the big one. Nowadays, TV money is unevenly distributed over the world’s football leagues. We don’t have any, in comparison to other clubs and leagues.

 

Agents - even if we did somehow manage to assemble a team of players of the relative ability of the fifties team, agents would pick that team apart within two seasons, by finding those players clubs who could pay them far more than HMFC could. Once upon a time that would be Manchester United, Real Madrid and Milan, sadly nowadays that would just as likely be Hull, Stoke or Reading.

 

Stats and data - every manager and scout on the planet now has unfettered access to the players within football club’s dressing rooms and academies. If we did manage to produce a clutch of homegrown talent with the ability of our most successful team, they would be picked up for peanuts before they even made a handful of appearances. So growing your own isn’t even an option. We lose promising players at that level all the time, and we are not talking about Bauld, Wallace, Wardhaugh or MacKay here either... I’m talking about David Gray, Danny Galbraith, Marc Leonard and co. We can’t even keep a hold of young guys of pretty average ability.

 

Bosman - agents can now move players out of clubs with consummate ease, by advising them of who is interested in their signature, and advising them to not sign extensions, so they can leave for free. So clubs like ours don’t even get proper recommence for any real talent we may produce. They will leave whilst still teenagers for pocket change that doesn’t allow us to reinvest in the squad to mitigate the loss.

 

Then there is things like splitting gate receipts and a whole pile of other factors that have meant we have fallen behind the “haves” of this world, to lesser or greater degrees.

 

What we achieved under Romanov was actually quite remarkable, it was a successful era in our history. It was not as successful as the fifties, obviously, but that wasn’t my claim. My claim is that it is now impossible for us to ever produce a team like we did in the fifties again, for the reasons above, and others.

 

For you to attempt to make out I am denigrating the achievements of the fifties team is either incredibly churlish, or because you lack the intelligence to understand that the modern footballing environment is so incredibly different now, to what it was back then.

 

The fifties team are rightfully revered as one of the greatest in our history, as well as Scottish football’s.history. I love reading about them, and hearing anecdotes about them. My step-dad is in his late seventies and he tells me all about watching us lift trophies back then. I can’t get enough of that. I understand however, that it is simply impossible for us to ever replicate that again, unless a multi-billionaire threw enough money at us. The modern equivalent of the terrible trio and Dave MacKay would be the sort of world class players that the elite clubs like Madrid, Juventus, Munich and Barcelona buy for tens of millions of pounds, and pay salaries many times in excess of our entire club’s annual turnover. 
 

Your “Hibs.net” comment is frankly pathetic and beneath even you. I am Hearts to very core. I have been supporting Hearts since I was seven years old. My first season was 1986. I am a shareholder and I have been an FoH contributed since day dot. I actually can’t stand Hibs more than many other supporters on here and in the real world. I read comments about how people wouldn’t like to see them go bust because they enjoy beating them etc. Not for me thanks, I’d love to see them liquidated. A vile club who’s supporters actively tried to stop our CVA and cause us to be liquidated. For you to suggest I have any affinity with that shower is equal parts hilarious and pathetic. For you to twist my perfectly clear points about the differences in football between the fifties and modern times in to me denigrating our most successful team like a Hibs fan would is actually contemptible. 

 

 


That’s a lot of better chosen words to justify your previous poorly chosen few words.  I don’t think think you’re Hibs, just that your comments which sounded like they were belittling the most successful era in our history wouldn’t have been out of place there.

 

Fwiw I enjoyed some of the Romanov years, although most of them were dire if we’re being honest, but ultimately his irresponsible ownership almost cost us our club.  It’s a very fine line between the escape we had and being able to look back fondly on 2006 and 2012 to not having a club at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Rods said:

Go on Rangers

 

This has felt like a carve up from the start and become more obvious when they decided the play offs were no longer going to be completed or even contemplated.

 

Hopefully other clubs will see this for what it is its Hearts and Partick today it could be them in the future.

Yes,  a good statement from them Rods

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I tend to follow the UK briefings tbh, they provide far more clarity, the scientists present graphs and clarification and, generally, more detailed information.  Although early days, they expect the peak to be over the next week or so and they do seem in agreement that the curve of new infections is starting to flatten. They now seem focussed on the exit strategy and releasing the lockdown. The FM is out of step with the opinions of most scientists if she thinks the peak will come in the Autumn.  In the end, her hands will be tied by what happens at a UK level

Unfortunately the doctors agree with her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Hate to have to agree on this, but I do. 

I wish I didn’t have to agree either but they have been on the front foot from the start with this. I get they are doing it cause it’ll engage the “we are the people” mentality but it’s also showing that the SPFL are bullies and that they aren’t going to be bullied. We, so far, seem to be taking it lying down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo

Superb statement by Rangers and I never thought I'd say that.

 

I really think Ann Budge is playing the good cop role as she knows we need to get the other teams on board or we have no chance.

 

Certainly not a formality that we'll be relegated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Class of 75
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers acting exactly how I wanted Budge to act. Expose every single under hand tactic the SPFL are using and show us (the fans) that we aren’t taking this lying down. Calling the league as it stands has been the SPFL’s and Celtics plan from day dot of the shut down. 

Yep good on Rangers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The latest statement from TRFC

 


Two good statements from Rangers in a row to be fair - the dodgy new guy seems to be a lot better at statements than Traynor was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Staneman said:

Ann Budge has let all our supporters down badly. Her recent statements smack of  passive acceptance of our fate. No matter her involvement in saving us from liquidation her inability to make rational and speedy decisions have cost us expensively the last 2 years. Toom Tabard comes to mind as she is now just an empty coat in charge at Hearts. No fight on the park anymore and no fight in the boardroom. We deserve better.
 

H H G H


Passive acceptance is Budge’s motto

Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers acting exactly how I wanted Budge to act. Expose every single under hand tactic the SPFL are using and show us (the fans) that we aren’t taking this lying down. Calling the league as it stands has been the SPFL’s and Celtics plan from day dot of the shut down. 

Felt for a long time that Scottish Football is being run by those of a green persuasion. No doubt they spent years wrestling control from the blue side who used to run matters. We are worse than South America and Italy for corruptness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


That’s a lot of better chosen words to justify your previous poorly chosen few words.  I don’t think think you’re Hibs, just that your comments which sounded like they were belittling the most successful era in our history wouldn’t have been out of place there.

 

Fwiw I enjoyed some of the Romanov years, although most of them were dire if we’re being honest, but ultimately his irresponsible ownership almost cost us our club.  It’s a very fine line between the escape we had and being able to look back fondly on 2006 and 2012 to not having a club at all.


The thing is, I never said what you were accusing me of in the first place. I was forced to go in to that level of detail above, because you were twisting my words, whether intentionally or not.

 

My previously chosen words were accurate and not poorly chosen at all. You just jumped right in at the deep end without digesting them properly.

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

That's an absolute disgrace.


Hardly surprising when you consider how they went about their business with the Rangers liquidation fiasco.  Doncaster should never have survived that.  He can’t be allowed to survive this, he has to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:


Passive acceptance is Budge’s motto

Motto: Stricta parata neci
Motto Translation: I am prepared to destroy evil.

 

It's actually that. (I'm bored on lockdown.)🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:


Hardly surprising when you consider how they went about their business with the Rangers liquidation fiasco.  Doncaster should never have survived that.  He can’t be allowed to survive this, he has to go.


Doncaster is a six figure salaried puppet who needs Peter Lawell to hold his hand when negotiating TV deals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Unfortunately the doctors agree with her. 

Not the ones that I have heard.  Social distancing is working and community transmission is reducing. She should focus on ensuring that NHS staff have enough PPE to protect them and stop transmissions  within hospitals. Perhaps she should also start explaining why she thinks it will take 4 or 5 months to reach a peak when the experts says we are close to it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Superb statement by Rangers and I never thought I'd say that.

 

I really think Ann Budge is playing the good cop role as she knows we need to get the other teams on board or we have no chance.

 

Certainly not a formality that we'll be relegated.

Spot on re Budge. We have to keep our powder dry at the moment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Not the ones that I have heard.  Social distancing is working and community transmission is reducing. She should focus on ensuring that NHS staff have enough PPE to protect them and stop transmissions  within hospitals. Perhaps she should also start explaining why she thinks it will take 4 or 5 months to reach a peak when the experts says we are close to it now.

 

Lockdown will be eased.

 

Shops maybe towards end of month. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Lockdown will be eased.

 

Shops maybe towards end of month. 

I work in retail and we have no intention of opening our stores again until June. We had a big meeting Monday (virtual meeting) and with Government advice have been told to hope for June as a reopen date. A small selection of stores in certain cities if approved by the government. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Lockdown will be eased.

 

Shops maybe towards end of month. 

 

So do you believe by the beginning of May we will all be back to how it was at the start of the year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
27 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Good statement from Rangers. Sounds like Peter Liewell has been doing a lot of scheming and bullying during lockdown!

 

Doncaster must be walking like John Wayne these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Lockdown will be eased.

 

Shops maybe towards end of month. 


not a chance Mikey.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
27 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

As much as it pains me to say so, "well done TRFC, the bullying, backhandidness, corruption rland ineptitude needs bringing to the fore. Nobody listens to us but when they make noises people listen. 

" celtic orientated" gcsfa b.....s!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:


Any Hearts fan who doesn’t want St Mirren to go to the wall is not a Hearts fan. 

 

Yep. Infested by the mhank diamond cutter at every turn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

 

So do you believe by the beginning of May we will all be back to how it was at the start of the year?

 

No

 

But they are previewing easing things. How that is done remains to be seen. 

 

You can look at what Austria and the Czech Republic are doing for a preview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Doncaster is a six figure salaried puppet who needs Peter Lawell to hold his hand when negotiating TV deals. 


Lawell would need to multi task for that.  He’s already busy with his other hand up Lennon’s arse, telling him what to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am informed a minimum of Hearts ,Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will vote against the proposal today.  Let us hope that constructive discussions will now take place. A range of options must be put before clubs.  It is scandalous that Rangers proposal did not go on the table.    It is a clear conflict of interest on the part of certain board members of SPFL who's club may benefit from a certain course of action, to vote on what resolutions may or may not be considered.  They should consider that such conduct could be a key feature of any civil court proceedings that may ensue. 

I believe there is a stateable case to the Court of Session in the event that Hearts are ejected from the SPL without  the league being played to a conclusion. The action ,in my opinion, should allege breach of contract, with the aforementioned conflict of interest being laid before the court.  Remedies sought could include financial recompense plus interdict against SPFL proceeding without Hearts in the top league. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
WoolfordsHearts

Hopefully newco's PR team can back these allegations up and it's not the usual victimised  p*** that comes from them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 25bhr said:

I am informed a minimum of Hearts ,Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers will vote against the proposal today.  Let us hope that constructive discussions will now take place. A range of options must be put before clubs.  It is scandalous that Rangers proposal did not go on the table.    It is a clear conflict of interest on the part of certain board members of SPFL who's club may benefit from a certain course of action, to vote on what resolutions may or may not be considered.  They should consider that such conduct could be a key feature of any civil court proceedings that may ensue. 

I believe there is a stateable case to the Court of Session in the event that Hearts are ejected from the SPL without  the league being played to a conclusion. The action ,in my opinion, should allege breach of contract, with the aforementioned conflict of interest being laid before the court.  Remedies sought could include financial recompense plus interdict against SPFL proceeding without Hearts in the top league. 

 

 

The Aberdeen chairman on sportsound on Saturday basically indicated that the league had to called as it stands, don’t think they’ll be voting against it. The SPFL know that clubs in the top flight need the prize money paid out ASAP so know that pretty everyone except us and Rangers will vote for the proposal. Our best hope comes in the lower leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:


Yeah, I know. It was actually a very interesting point and I gave it a bit of thought, but I’m too young to be able to debate it, as all I have to go on are second hand anecdotes from people who were there, and the books that I’ve read. I just thought I had better make it clear that I wasn’t denigrating the achievements of the fifties team, before some absolute weapon jumped in and accused me. :thumbsup:

 

I started following Hearts at the start of the 1957/58 season. A lot of my memories are a bit hazy. 

From my own recollections and those of older family members the board of Hearts would have sold their grannies for a shilling. They sold Dave Mackay when he didn't even want to go. Not only that he went for a fraction of his worth. 

They then proceeded to sell both Alex Young and George Thomson in a double transfer to Everton thus breaking up the title winning side of 1960.

Not content with that there was the treatment of Willie Bauld with the club charging him expenses for his testimonial match even charging for the match ball. Willie Wallace to Celtic for 30k WTF. 

I could go on on and on but I'm sure folk get the gist. 

So would the Hearts board of the 50s and 60s have held the team together in modern day football ? 😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
NaturalOrder74

Fair play sevco, they are absolutely right, They are using the money as a bribe to take advantage of struggling clubs to vote their way there’s no reason the money can’t be released 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...