SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can folk stop making out the club won't be fighting this as much as humanly possible. Mental to suggest the won't be fighting it.

Yeh we are taking it to a mythical court who are going to stop the league even moving on until they guarantee that we can stay in the league and the season is null and void, and everyone is to get all the money they need.  oh and im a hibs fan as i have the ability to read.  Infact forget all that.  We should just leave the league join the Yorkshire league div 3 and work our way up to the English Premiership!!!  ffs. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

annushorribilis III
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who knows chaps. 

Fifa and UEFA should have taken charge of everything and decided all these things for member associations and clubs to agree on. Instead each one of them has kicked the can down the road on to the clubs to make all the decisions, probably to avoid litigation. 

They don't have the power/authority. 

Dagger Is Back
Just now, Morgan said:

He’s stirring it again, Dagger.

Oh isn't he just Morgan my friend? He's fun to play with at the moment but like a kid at Xmas with a new toy, the novelty will wear off quickly

Hope you're well mon ami

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Who knows chaps. 

Fifa and UEFA should have taken charge of everything and decided all these things for member associations and clubs to agree on. Instead each one of them has kicked the can down the road on to the clubs to make all the decisions, probably to avoid litigation. 

Spot on. The lack of leadership from UEFA has been shocking. 

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think those of us with a ST have such a strong affinity with the club, despite this seasons woes, that we wouldn't even contemplate looking for or expecting, any kind of refund in any way shape or form

That would be the camp that I'm in. I think the club are going to need every penny they can get and I would hope not many fans fight it unless their own financial situation warrants it, in which case I would say fair enough. Family before football of course. 

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I think those of us with a season  ticket should get a voucher for the shop or money off cup game next season 

😐

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

👏

Pronto. 

This ^^
(in response to the deep clean of this place)

10 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I think those of us with a ST have such a strong affinity with the club, despite this seasons woes, that we wouldn't even contemplate looking for or expecting, any kind of refund in any way shape or form

Indeed.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, RonnieG said:

It needs a breathalyser, and some sort of 11+ test.

Are you a Hearts fan Ronnie G? Lying about being a Hearts fan is against the rules on here.

If yes, do you think Hearts should simply accept this decision?

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Oh isn't he just Morgan my friend? He's fun to play with at the moment but like a kid at Xmas with a new toy, the novelty will wear off quickly

Hope you're well mon ami

So far, so good, Dagger.

Hope you’re in the same boat?

10 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

This is an interesting Power of the Board;

1. 103.3.  exercise all the powers of the Company to borrow or raise money and to mortgage or charge its assets and to issue debenture stock and other debt securities as security for any debt, liability or obligation of the Company or of any third party; 

Forgive my ignorance but what third parties would they potentially be referring to here?

Edited by Squirt

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

He’s stirring it again, Dagger.

Vouched for, Morgan. As unbelievable as that may seem. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

Can some of the bigger brains on here state how may league titles we would have won if some other seasons had been declared at this stage? 86? 92? 98?

Dagger Is Back
Just now, Morgan said:

So far, so good, Dagger.

Hope you’re in the same boat?

Good to hear matey

Yip, we're all well thanks. Now have the tidest garage, shiniest car, and paving slabs in the back garden that blind you on a sunny day

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good to hear matey

Yip, we're all well thanks. Now have the tidest garage, shiniest car, and paving slabs in the back garden that blind you on a sunny day

:lol: 

Superb.

Keep good, D

Edited by Morgan

39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah.    Just wait until we see the next stage of this stitch up.     An amnesty of insolvency event sanctions is most likely.    That and other related snakery.

Its already in the rules

There is no penalty where admin etc is caused by a force majeur.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Can some of the bigger brains on here state how may league titles we would have won if some other seasons had been declared at this stage? 86? 92? 98?

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Vouched for, Morgan. As unbelievable as that may seem. 

I shall keep my powder dry on this one.

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Wanting season ticket money back or club shop vouchers is such a Hamilton thing.

Ftfy.

Kidd’s Boots
4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Forgive my ignorance but what third parties would they potentially be referring to here?

Members of the SPFL could be deemed third parties, as we are members, not the company entity.

24 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I think those of us with a season  ticket should get a voucher for the shop or money off cup game next season 

Come on you can troll better than that.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Tinhat on but im now at the stage where im actually not that fussed.

Weve been rotten all season. Not like we were even on a consistent run. Can hardly complain.

If were down can only hope its the rebuild that we need an allows the time for more of the young guys to step up.

Reading the interviews over the past week it seems that a few at the club are gearing up for this eventuality too

This is where I am.

And the gurning on here is embarrassing. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Not sure about that.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

😐

This ^^
(in response to the deep clean of this place)

Indeed.

Stunning that any Hearts man/woman would seek recompense.

It's money to the club, ffs. 

The day the Wheatfield was opened two mates and I had tickets that had been issued in duplicate in error. We were relocated to the old main and told we'd get a refund. We lost 0-1 to the emailers, ending the 22, but didn't even consider taking money back out the club. 

Not attempting to claim to be a superfan, or anything like that, but the idea of a refund is repugnant. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

There’s only one better.

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This is where I am.

Yup.

If / when it happens we will have to get on with it, hopefully after a good clear out of players.

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I shall keep my powder dry on this one.

I’m finding that increasingly difficult, and have done now for years.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Are you a Hearts fan Ronnie G? Lying about being a Hearts fan is against the rules on here.

If yes, do you think Hearts should simply accept this decision?

So ive said we should do everything we can by working with the rest of the league but the point remains - the majority want the league finished - now. As the majority are skint. They wont pay out prize money until the league has signed off finishing positions. Despite ABs efforts they will not just hand out prize money with no acceptance that the league is ended.   Loads of people have said well we should just take them to court and place an injunction on them.  People are watching far too much american TV.  The SPFL is in effect a private club run by its members of which we are one.  The standard LAW court do not give a shit about us as no one is breaking any law. Take them to Civil court thats fine...but its wont stop the change in the league and it could take years before its gets to any outcome.  We cannot afford a prolonged court case - which we will lose as the majority are going to vote against us.   Unless the rest of the teams change their mind on league reconstruction that wont happen either.  SO we are left with going down as we are bottom when they are about to stop the league.   That all just logic. And its not me being a closet Hibs fans or anything else.   At some point there has to be some realism of the predicament we face. Oh and the statement from AB says nothing. Again far too emotional and lacking in facts.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Yup.

If / when it happens we will have to get on with it, hopefully after a good clear out of players.

Wow. So bend over and touch our toes?

You bash on in this instance. I would be out.

Paint the town maroon
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Hmmm. Not the strongest. I was expecting some legal reference. AB suggests not enough time for debate but I think others might disagree, her point re money distribution is fair and logical but her suggestion re league reconstruction indicates that this is a token gesture and not far down the line as others seem to be suggesting (guessing).

Main hope is with other clubs to feel the same re proposal and not enough time given for debate. Not confident. Money talks.

annushorribilis III
25 minutes ago, oi oi said:

No. It is about how the board can change rules in unprecedented times. I suggest folk read the rules that bind us before lazily speculating. None of us want relegation but it's very tricky to see how we can avoid it other than reconstruction which us pie in the sky.

According to one lawyer poster on here , who I debated the above point with on here a week or so ago : the competition is voided because it wasn't played to completion. Or at least he claims Hearts could make such a case, confidently.

What people seem to be forgetting is this , IMO just because the season wasn't played to completion doesn't mean Hearts are relegated. It only means the outcome of the competition is not known (as per the competition rules). The key question is, does the SPFL have the powers (in the view of the member clubs) to act as though it has been played to a conclusion and nominate winners & relegated parties across all/some/any of the leagues. 

If Hearts are to be relegated (still not clear/assured) is the same criteria to be applied across ALL relevant divisions of Scottish football.  In which case a whole lot of clubs will be lining up - hopefully, if required - to take legal action. 

PS I know it's against FIFA/UEFA rules but the rangers have already done it without sanction so we have nothing to fear on that front. 

PPS Those play off places - that'll be interesting. 

Quote from the Daily Record, sorry.  6th of April.

FIFA are reportedly expected to announce an indefinite extension to the 2019/20 season.

The world football governing body could confirm plans over the next 48 hours to give league associations the power to decide when their respective campaigns will end.

That reads to me basically they might let SPFL do what they want?  Even though they extended contracts automatically.  Can't find any similar quotes in other news'.

Edited by HMFC01

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, RonnieG said:

So ive said we should do everything we can by working with the rest of the league but the point remains - the majority want the league finished - now. As the majority are skint. They wont pay out prize money until the league has signed off finishing positions. Despite ABs efforts they will not just hand out prize money with no acceptance that the league is ended.   Loads of people have said well we should just take them to court and place an injunction on them.  People are watching far too much american TV.  The SPFL is in effect a private club run by its members of which we are one.  The standard LAW court do not give a shit about us as no one is breaking any law. Take them to Civil court thats fine...but its wont stop the change in the league and it could take years before its gets to any outcome.  We cannot afford a prolonged court case - which we will lose as the majority are going to vote against us.   Unless the rest of the teams change their mind on league reconstruction that wont happen either.  SO we are left with going down as we are bottom when they are about to stop the league.   That all just logic. And its not me being a closet Hibs fans or anything else.   At some point there has to be some realism of the predicament we face. Oh and the statement from AB says nothing. Again far too emotional and lacking in facts.

Avoiding the initial question I see. I wonder why.

Plus you miss the point. If we can go to court, we (this is we as in Heart of Midlothian and all connected with it, just to clarify) can seek a judicial review of the rules with an injunction to stop any sort of decision. Now, it might be that the court throws it out, in which case so be it. However, the idea that we should supinely accept anything Neil Doncaster comes up with is abhorrent to the vast majority of Heart of Midlothian fans.

2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Fraud isn’t against the law?

47 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You would have thought some kind of Old Firm sides would have done this previously then. 

“Previously” doesn’t exist anymore

Did you ever think a Tory government would pay 80% of a load of folks salary to not work?

Not sure the Stranraer chairman used correct analogy.

'You wouldn't just give Usain Bolt' the gold medal after 75 metres.

Mate, you need to reverse that analogy in some way for your circumstances about getting relegated rather than worry about your big team* at the bear top of the leagues.

* I have no idea if the Stranraer chairman is a closet Rangers fan?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Fraud isn’t against the law?

Fraud is a crime. This isn’t fraud. 

4 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Hmmm. Not the strongest. I was expecting some legal reference. AB suggests not enough time for debate but I think others might disagree, her point re money distribution is fair and logical but her suggestion re league reconstruction indicates that this is a token gesture and not far down the line as others seem to be suggesting (guessing).

Main hope is with other clubs to feel the same re proposal and not enough time given for debate. Not confident. Money talks.

Not the strongest? She said governments have changed significant laws in the space of 24 hours so why can’t the SPFL be more adaptable.

What else is she supposed to say FFS?

6 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

That’s a hell of a lot of words to not answer either question. 

33 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This.  Whatever happens the club will need our backing.  As far as I'm concerned the money is with Hearts and they can keep it.

15 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This is where I am.

Totally disagree the capitulation and surrendering by Hearts fans on this board is sickening.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wow. So bend over and touch our toes?

You bash on in this instance. I would be out.

At some point the appeals, the threats, the moaning will stop and we will go back to watching football. 

Your I'm more angry than you act is boring.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Fraud is a crime. This isn’t fraud. 

No, fair enough. 

There is however a great deal of money involved, and we are about to be shafted, costing us millions. Our money that we put in to what we expect to be a fair competition.

Just now, jambopilms said:

At some point the appeals, the threats, the moaning will stop and we will go back to watching football. 

Why would it be an act? I really don’t like the guy, but his reaction to this is totally justified and normal. Yours is the complete opposite.

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

They don't have the power/authority. 

Yet they have the power to decide that Hearts must extend the contracts of any that end in June?  

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Avoiding the initial question I see. I wonder why.

Plus you miss the point. If we can go to court, we (this is we as in Heart of Midlothian and all connected with it, just to clarify) can seek a judicial review of the rules with an injunction to stop any sort of decision. Now, it might be that the court throws it out, in which case so be it. However, the idea that we should supinely accept anything Neil Doncaster comes up with is abhorrent to the vast majority of Heart of Midlothian fans.

Im a Hearts fan.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Not the strongest? She said governments have changed significant laws in the space of 24 hours so why can’t the SPFL be more adaptable.

What else is she supposed to say FFS?

That we would take legal action to fight this all the way?  I think she knows that’s a non starter.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I’d be disappointed in any Hearts fan who isn’t apoplectic tonight!!!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )