SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Austin MacGlee

I've been so busy with work during all this that in all honesty I haven't had a minute to give any serious thought to football. This pandemic has really put things in perspective in many ways. That being said, if we are relegated through a cack-handed vote by our rivals it is nothing short of criminal. We are the third biggest club in Scotland and they will just be shooting themselves in the foot if they vote for us to go down. I will never step foot in another top flight stadium again if this goes through. No way am I giving my money to the likes of Ross County and Hamilton who are just trying to save their own pathetic arses.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No my point is it's out football departments fault we're even in this situation at all, I've said previously off course we should fight it all the way and never accept relegation until played full season but in all honesty with the bunch of losers we had on the pitch if season had continued we were going down and I was convinced of that after st lie down game 

It's a fair point.

But the situation is as it is. I never get people posing hypotheticals. 

I doubt this will being any change. But Ann's statement was a challenge to the whole set up and the way the SPFL conducts its business. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

What’s that got to do with the situation now though? 

Well if our football department had done well enough we'd be well up the league and wouldn't need to be worrying about being relegated

Unknown user

No my point is it's out football departments fault we're even in this situation at all, I've said previously off course we should fight it all the way and never accept relegation until played full season but in all honesty with the bunch of losers we had on the pitch if season had continued we were going down and I was convinced of that after st lie down game 

Well yeah, of course it's our fault we're bottom after 30 games, and if we were bottom after 38 I'd agree it's our fault, but no one's ever said relegation after 30 games was a possibility.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We don’t deserve to stay up

simple

I dunno, hibs have earned their place IMO

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well if our football department had done well enough we'd be well up the league and wouldn't need to be worrying about being relegated

Its true

You on the side of doing nothing then? No fight? 

Well that is the attitude that brought us towards relegation. 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Trolling again.

Pipe down mate

getting sick of the trolling accusations just because Some people Don’t agree with what I say so please refrain from false accusations

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Smithee said:

I dunno, hibs have earned their place IMO

They have

i was talking about us - we are bottom of league 

Unknown user
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Pipe down mate

getting sick of the trolling accusations just because Some people Don’t agree with what I say so please refrain from false accusations

You don't like his posts, block him

Unless you’ve got a time machine, it’s completely irrelevant to our current problem though. 

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

They don't lose 7k away fans. I am sure D Utd back in the top league would probably bring 1000 to 1500 X2. 

We can only charge them what we pay, I am sure you know this. 

Fair point, so 4K fans at £25 each = £100k right there. 

give them the minimum, no kiosks, no standing, erect netting to stop them throwing stuff and to obscure their view. 

But do the rules even seem to apply anymore? Ditch the season at 30 games? Charge what we like? Tough, and let hibs and the rest sue us.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a fair point.

But the situation is as it is. I never get people posing hypotheticals. 

I doubt this will being any change. But Ann's statement was a challenge to the whole set up and the way the SPFL conducts its business. 

Look I'm 100% behind Mrs Budge with the statements and there's no doubt we've got to fight this right to the end 

Unknown user
Just now, Natural Orders said:

They have

i was talking about us - we are bottom of league 

Hearts are bottom of the league after 30 games.

That has never meant we deserve to go down.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its true

You on the side of doing nothing then? No fight? 

Well that is the attitude that brought us towards relegation. 

You've obviously not seen my posts over last few weeks off course we should fight it 

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, we can’t, it’s against the rules.

The same rules that mean we have to play 38 league games?

So we should have ourselves, Rangers and Hibs voting against the approvals. That should mean one more vote is all we need. Hope Aberdeen or Livingston back us. 

For the record, considering the magnitude of this vote and that 11-1 is used on all important votes its farcical the SFA/SPFL are rigging the vote in their favour. This needs looked into going forward on what constitutes an 11-1 vote and what doesn't.

If this isn't an 11-1 then league reconstruction can't be either. No?

heartandsoul
10 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

I've been so busy with work during all this that in all honesty I haven't had a minute to give any serious thought to football. This pandemic has really put things in perspective in many ways. That being said, if we are relegated through a cack-handed vote by our rivals it is nothing short of criminal. We are the third biggest club in Scotland and they will just be shooting themselves in the foot if they vote for us to go down. I will never step foot in another top flight stadium again if this goes through. No way am I giving my money to the likes of Ross County and Hamilton who are just trying to save their own pathetic arses.

Great post mate

I agree with you about our team but it's not really the point of the thread. 

We might have to fight dirty over this. 

The SPFL  for some reason are insisting on calling the season before handing out any cash. My view is they are trying to bully cash strapped clubs into a decision. If Hearts take legal action and slap an injunction on the SPFL preventing any decisions being taken until the matter is resolved the other clubs would then have to wait for their cash. The threat of this course of action may be enough to concentrate minds when it is affecting bank balances. 

Not nice I know but **** them nobody cares about us. Why should we bother. 

I have my doubts if AB has the ruthless streak required for this fight. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fair point, so 4K fans at £25 each = £100k right there. 

give them the minimum, no kiosks, no standing, erect netting to stop them throwing stuff and to obscure their view. 

But do the rules even seem to apply anymore? Ditch the season at 30 games? Charge what we like? Tough, and let hibs and the rest sue us.

It’s against the rules, AB wouldn’t do it.  It’s fantasy stuff, take a breath.

GorgieRules22
Just now, luckydug said:

I agree with you about our team but it's not really the point of the thread. 

We might have to fight dirty over this. 

The SPFL  for some reason are insisting on calling the season before handing out any cash. My view is they are trying to bully cash strapped clubs into a decision. If Hearts take legal action and slap an injunction on the SPFL preventing any decisions being taken until the matter is resolved the other clubs would then have to wait for their cash. The threat of this course of action may be enough to concentrate minds when it is affecting bank balances. 

Not nice I know but **** them nobody cares about us. Why should we bother. 

I have my doubts if AB has the ruthless streak required for this fight. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Your absolutely right.

The smaller clubs have had a gun held to their heads here, shocking really.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Look I'm 100% behind Mrs Budge with the statements and there's no doubt we've got to fight this right to the end 

Fair enough, I just don't see the point of going over the "we've been shite this season" ground again and again.

We all know that, it's nowhere near the point.

I think clubs will cope without our away support for a season. They managed without us , Hibs and rangers in the league just fine. 

Edited by jambopilms

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, I just don't see the point of going over the "we've been shite this season" ground again and again.

This

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I think clubs will cope without our away support for a season. They managed without us , Hibs and rangers in the league and managed just fine. 

Unfortunately I agree.

Our away support in most games is better than your average top flight team but isn't particularly massive in a lot of games.

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Celtic are hardly going to vote against their own proposal!!!

I see the word abstain is lost on you.

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I think clubs will cope without our away support for a season. They managed without us , Hibs and rangers in the league just fine. 

They didn’t have a choice then. 

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, two completely different points and ultimately the sort of crap that Celtic will use to try and justify demoting us.

Jingle Bells
Murdoch MacLennan( Vice Chairman SPFL)  would seem to be a  Celticty,  considering he is a Director of INM ,  which Desmond' is the major shareholder of, if not mentioned earlier.

David McCaig
Just now, Jingle Bells said:
Murdoch MacLennan( Vice Chairman SPFL)  would seem to be a  Celticty,  considering he is a Director of INM ,  which Desmond' is the major shareholder of, if not mentioned earlier.

There is so much conflict of interest in this its untrue.

Celtic x 2, Hamilton and Brechin all represented on the SPFL Board which has proposed a solution directly benefiting all 3 clubs... quite spectacularly so in the case of Brechin City.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

If that’s the decision then there are a lot of positives 

Empty all the fraud players 

Hibs won’t know what to do with themselves without hearts being there 

Teams will suffer on a year when they could really do with the hearts support

tv deals less likely to invest without another few derbies a year

If they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and relegate hearts on an unfinished season I’ll enjoy every minute when it goes down the sink. Great opportunity to freshen things up on the Scottish league but if they just want to bend over to please celtic it’ll all come back to bite them. 

This sounds very much like the sort of thing that Rangers fans were coming out with when they were being put down (I'm not saying you're one of them before you get all biscuit ersed) 

There's 24 points still to play for, and we're 4 points behind, you absolutely cannot relegate a team on an unfinished season regardless of what team it is, I'm very critical of Budge when it comes to matters on the playing field, however, over something like this, I actually think she will show her mettle, her last two statements have been excellent and she's practically called our governing bodies utterly useless in a round about way, they'll probably be sitting down reading her statement working out a way to fine us now knowing that shower! 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

In the bigger picture, this is simply shaping up as a Rangers v Celtic battle here - the Tims want the league called in their favour and the Huns will do anything to ***k that up for them. It potentially screws up 10 in a row. At the moment, we're depending on Rangers and their acolytes in the league saving us from relegation. BTW, I'm not sure we can depend on Hibs vote in this. As I read the Dempster interview she was being pretty non-commital, saying there was no rush to make decisions but not spelling out which way they would vote.

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This sounds very much like the sort of thing that Rangers fans were coming out with when they were being put down (I'm not saying you're one of them before you get all biscuit ersed) 

There's 24 points still to pay for, and we're 4 points behind, you absolutely cannot relegate a team on an unfinished season regardless of what team it is, I'm very critical of Budge when it comes to matters on the playing field, however, over something like this, I actually think she will show her mettle, her last two statements have been excellent and she's practically called our governing bodies utterly useless in a round about way, they'll probably be sitting down reading her statement working out a way to fine us now knowing that shower! 

Rangers were not “put down”. They were liquidated. A new club was established and allowed entry in to the lowest level of the pro game. They were done a massive favour. Agree with most of the rest.

GorgieRules22
Just now, The Merse said:

Unfortunately I agree.

Our away support in most games is better than your average top flight team but isn't particularly massive in a lot of games.

We would take a very big following to Dunfermline and Raith, let’s just give that money to our own club on these days instead.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

But first a strong dose of something that removes the filth that is pervading the place. They have become emboldened and obvious. 

Unbelievable they are even openly taunting Hearts fans. 

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Celtic x 2, Hamilton and Brechin all represented on the SPFL Board which has proposed a solution directly benefiting all 3 clubs... quite spectacularly so in the case of Brechin City.

Alloa also in relegation battle in the Championship 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Rangers were not “put down”. They were liquidated. A new club was established and allowed entry in to the lowest level of the pro game. They were done a massive favour. Agree with most of the rest.

I meant "put down" as in put down like a dying dog. 

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

I meant "put down" as in put down like a dying dog. 

:D

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We would take a very big following to Dunfermline and Raith, let’s just give that money to our own club on these days instead.

When push comes to shove, and if we actually do end up down a division, Hearts fans will still turn up in numbers, especially if we're threatening to come right back up again, it's what football fans do, it's all wind and bluster right now and the odd puffing out of the chest. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The same rules that mean we have to play 38 league games?

The same rules that allow the Board to change that at their discretion in unforeseen circumstances. 

We can’t charge away fans more than the home fans, just let it go! AB wouldn’t even consider it.  And they  haven’t even voted yet ffs - Hibs are one that might just possibly vote against it, as Dempster is open to changing her mind in her statement.  

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What?

If this is the case surely our esteemed journalists will be all over it...?

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I see the word abstain is lost on you.

Why would they abstain?  They’re even using Lennon’s point average system.  They’re getting what they want.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I thought you would approve of that ;) 

Sad times when our interests are aligned with that lot. Marriage of convenience at the moment though, I suppose.

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When push comes to shove, and if we actually do end up down a division, Hearts fans will still turn up in numbers, especially if we're threatening to come right back up again, it's what football fans do, it's all wind and bluster right now and the odd puffing out of the chest. 

If your clubs been ****ed over I’d rather make a stand.

Ill certainly not be going to a single away game or the semi final.

Nookie Bear
32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s against the rules, AB wouldn’t do it.  It’s fantasy stuff, take a breath.

ach I know 

we are all venting right now and want to punish clubs who vote for this. 

Just don’t expect me to shed a tear when certain clubs go bust. 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

And give them bare minimum for Tynie as well

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

If that’s the decision then there are a lot of positives 

Empty all the fraud players 

Hibs won’t know what to do with themselves without hearts being there 

Teams will suffer on a year when they could really do with the hearts support

tv deals less likely to invest without another few derbies a year

If they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and relegate hearts on an unfinished season I’ll enjoy every minute when it goes down the sink. Great opportunity to freshen things up on the Scottish league but if they just want to bend over to please celtic it’ll all come back to bite them. 

Not all players will get emptied

Hibs will lose minimal money from derbies its the fans that will hate it.

While we bring a fair away support we dont bring that many and teams will cope for a season.

The new TV deal is a 5 year deal starting next season so they wont give a shit.

We can also add the £3m + loss to our business that will affect plenty staff at Tynecastle.

Not really seeing any positives.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

And give them bare minimum for Tynie as well

They round only bring bare minimum anyway.  Pars maybe a thousand or so if they were going well.  We won’t have to worry about big away supports in the Championship.

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I hope we give them two sections of the Roseburn and charge them £50/ticket. 

Do you realise you'd have to charge the Hearts fans the same?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )