SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As a club I mean, they're already stretched to feck being in league 1 and have been spending on training facilities. 

I know they're not popular but I like falkirk, they represent their town, they have no interest in what school you went to, they're proud and they're loyal. They ****ing hate us but that's the way it should be IMO, our game would be much worse off without the Falkirks of the world

yes I agree with the sentiment and the fact the smaller clubs represent their town, but the TV companies want Celtic v Rangers and Hearts v Hibs. These are the most popular games in Scotland.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In the Premiership 4 teams need to vote against for it to be rejected. Us Rangers and 2 others. Hibs have hinted they might reject it so let's say they are 3. The only other club that would have any reason to vote against it are Aberdeen who may feel they are losing out on 3rd and Europe. However if they are awarded the Scottish Cup Europe spot for sitting in 4th place that might be enough to get them to back it.

The Championship is a more interesting league where they only need 3 teams to vote against it. Partick will be one. The teams who stand to lose out are then those in the play off spots. ICT Dundee and Ayr. Any 2 of those 3 would need to vote against it. 

In general all teams in that league may see Hearts coming down as a negative as although they will gain our away support a couple of times their chances of promotion will (you would like to think) be severely reduced.

I know hibs are saying that but I cant see them having to balls to go against Cetlic. Feeling we will lose the vote.

22 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I know hibs are saying that but I cant see them having to balls to go against Cetlic. Feeling we will lose the vote.

I don't see Celtic coming into it at all.

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I think Hibs could be a surprise No vote.

They are the only team who stand to move down a league place which would probably wipe off 100k or so, I've not looked admittedly.

They'll also lose at least 1 year of Derbies. And if the Scottish Cup spot is handed to 4th place they'll be saying goodbye to the potential income from that as well. 

It’s their choice. This has effectively become a vote to relegate Hearts. 

They lose 7k away fans and I would hope we boycott the place in the future as well - the games are always on tv anyway. 

I hope we give them two sections of the Roseburn and charge them £50/ticket. 

Tell Dempster all joint initiatives are cancelled with immediate effect. 

Let them enjoy paying back all these deferred wages in a few months. 

**** them. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I am going to open a nice bottle of Malt and sit back and pray this goes our way.  I am hoping for a similar situation to when Bryan Jackson from BDO came good at the last minute, mind the Hobo's seething at that late development as we looked doomed at one point back then.  I can see similar here.  Nothing is decided yet.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They lose 7k away fans and I would hope we boycott the place in the future as well - the games are always on tv anyway. 

**** them. 

That’s how I see it, Hibs stand to lose far more voting this through than any bragging rights would make up for. Clubs who are deferring wages are already going to face financial trouble next season without adding losing big gate and tv money. 

let’s see who has that in mind when it comes to the vote. 

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I do they have been Celtics wee bitches for quite a while. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Dazo said:

That’s how I see it, Hibs stand to lose far more voting this through than any bragging rights would make up for. Clubs who are deferring wages are already going to face financial trouble next season without adding losing big gate and tv money. 

let’s see who has that in mind when it comes to the vote. 

I think Dempster knows this, but has to appease a largely ignorant and pathetic fan base. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Dempster knows this, but has to appease a largely ignorant and pathetic fan base. 

I think Ron will put his foot down, he couldn’t care less about the fans. 

Diadora Van Basten

For me now it’s either relegation or league reconstruction.

I blame Ann Budge for this situation we have been so complacent about the situation always concerned about the future that we ignored the here and now. Even when she eventually sacked Levein she took far too long to appoint a new manager and when she did they had no experience of the league. If she had just sacked Levein and appointment Steve Robinson this would never have happened.

David McCaig
7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

League 1 and 2 voting criteria is different and 15 of combined 20 teams need to back it.

Is that because they know League 1 was the division most likely to vote this down!!

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ve always thought that we should have fitted sprinklers in the Roseburn so that when Hibs, Rangers and Celtic support act in their usual vile manner, we turn the sprinklers on. 
it would provide added entertainment value for the Hearts support.

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Celtic Will do what they do best. Abstain.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I’ve always thought that we should have fitted sprinklers in the Roseburn so that when Hibs, Rangers and Celtic support act in their usual vile manner, we turn the sprinklers on. 

Seems fair 🤷‍♂️

Plus zero tolerance on standing, bringing flag poles and drums. No exceptions. 

9 hours ago, RonnieG said:

It needs a breathalyser, and some sort of 11+ test.

But first a strong dose of something that removes the filth that is pervading the place. They have become emboldened and obvious. 

NaturalOrder74

If that’s the decision then there are a lot of positives 

Empty all the fraud players 

Hibs won’t know what to do with themselves without hearts being there 

Teams will suffer on a year when they could really do with the hearts support

tv deals less likely to invest without another few derbies a year

If they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and relegate hearts on an unfinished season I’ll enjoy every minute when it goes down the sink. Great opportunity to freshen things up on the Scottish league but if they just want to bend over to please celtic it’ll all come back to bite them. 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Most clubs will vote for whatever gets them their money quickest. She needs to persuade enough that the relegation issues and that don’t need to be conjoined. Big challenge. 

Spot on.  The only way out of this is her getting other teams on-side and forcing through a reconstruction.  If she cannot get that she will be doing all she can to get a suitable pay off.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Encouraging noises from Falkirk (hate to admit it.)

And Hibs (Dempster). Really hate to admit it.

I said back in the thread.  Hibs want Hearts in the league.  Its makes business sense. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

If they decide to shoot themselves in the foot and relegate hearts on an unfinished season I’ll enjoy every minute when it goes down the sink. Great opportunity to freshen things up on the Scottish league but if they just want to bend over to please celtic it’ll all come back to bite them. 

Innocent staff losing their jobs, aye brilliant.

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

**** them. 

They don't lose 7k away fans. I am sure D Utd back in the top league would probably bring 1000 to 1500 X2. 

We can only charge them what we pay, I am sure you know this. 

13 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

I said back in the thread.  Hibs want Hearts in the league.  Its makes business sense. 

Good old Hibs and Gers. Who would have believed it 

20 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Ron Gordon is a business man. He will want Hearts in the league for the 3 or 4 derbies a season. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The rules also state we signed up for 38 games, it looks like that can be changed easily enough. Players signed up to article 12 but the clubs seem reluctant to use it, what’s legal and what isn’t in the SFA/SPFL looks questionable.

If we get relegated we should invoke Article 12

7 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

They don't lose 7k away fans. I am sure D Utd back in the top league would probably bring 1000 to 1500 X2. 

That’s still 5k less. I think you underestimate how poor United’s fan base is as well.

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

Ron Gordon is a business man. He will want Hearts in the league for the 3 or 4 derbies a season. 

100%  But they also will not want to dilute the number of old firm derbies.  So how do the get to point of keeping everyone happy.   Utd must come up. So thats 13.  Do they just bring the top 2 up?  then do the same in other leagues?

38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I meant in terms what Hibs decide to do.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I meant in terms what Hibs decide to do.

I think Hibs will ask to extend the deadline, as will a few others.  But there are teams that simply cannot afford the extension.

davemclaren
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can these adverts be changed 😜

650DEAB6-3AF0-4D6B-84B8-BD0164ED6CAD.jpeg

Only if you stop talking about the subject. 

TyphoonJambo
50 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Would be brilliant watching the weedgies scream, would be like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz, 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

I think Hibs will ask to extend the deadline, as will a few others.  But there are teams that simply cannot afford the extension.

They can if they agree to Rangers’ proposal (which wasn’t exactly ground breaking anyway as it was discussed weeks ago).

baxterd1974
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We wouldn't be having this discussion if our football department hadn't failed so badly 

Yes we would, and I would like to think we would still be against it.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

For me now it’s either relegation or league reconstruction.

I blame Ann Budge for this situation we have been so complacent about the situation always concerned about the future that we ignored the here and now. Even when she eventually sacked Levein she took far too long to appoint a new manager and when she did they had no experience of the league. If she had just sacked Levein and appointment Steve Robinson this would never have happened.

If League reconstruction was genuinely going to happen, clubs would be voting on it this week as part of an overall package!!

As soon as this is voted through, the SPL will close ranks and remain at 12.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, baxterd1974 said:

Yes we would, and I would like to think we would still be against it.

No chance most would be against it ! If we beat st lie down last game I'd want them gone for sure 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

That’s still 5k less. I think you underestimate how poor United’s fan base is as well.

If next season was a normal one with us in the top league we might only visit ER once.

27 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

We cna charge them what we want. They can charge us the same but it wouldn't matter a jot if we refused the tickets. 

I wonder if the bottom 4 teams, as that’s the likeliest that will be in the relegation battle, would decide to option for a good old fashioned coin toss to see who goes down. I’m sure I know the answer already. The other 3 teams will most definitely vote us down yet I wonder if they’d be so ‘gallus’ if it were decided this way. They’d be keechin their breeks at the thought.  They’d be coming out with statements like it’s ‘highly immoral’.  Yet with 8 games to go and 4 clubs in the mix for relegation , it’s put to a structured vote where clubs are voting to save their own skin. This is highly immoral and wholly unfair and should not be allowed to happen. Does the SC cup get decided in the same fashion and if not why not? 

The season needs to be played to a close imo, and over 4 weeks, and behind closed doors if necessary.  It’s only then, and if we are still bottom that we deserve our fate.  Not from some SPFL arse licking chairman who’ll drop their trousers for a EUFA place or an extra point in their ludicrous goals for points harebrained scheme for awarding prize money and places. Can only be a weegie loving ugly sister fister that’s dreamed this scenario up for a conclusion. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If League reconstruction was genuinely going to happen, clubs would be voting on it this week as part of an overall package!!

As soon as this is voted through, the SPL will close ranks and remain at 12.

Correct.  Our only hope is that the lower leagues bomb this out.  If they can’t relegate Partick and Stranraer they can’t relegate us.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We wouldn't be having this discussion if our football department hadn't failed so badly 

So?

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We cna charge them what we want. They can charge us the same but it wouldn't matter a jot if we refused the tickets. 

No, we can’t, it’s against the rules.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

In the Premiership 4 teams need to vote against for it to be rejected. Us Rangers and 2 others. Hibs have hinted they might reject it so let's say they are 3. The only other club that would have any reason to vote against it are Aberdeen who may feel they are losing out on 3rd and Europe. However if they are awarded the Scottish Cup Europe spot for sitting in 4th place that might be enough to get them to back it.

The Championship is a more interesting league where they only need 3 teams to vote against it. Partick will be one. The teams who stand to lose out are then those in the play off spots. ICT Dundee and Ayr. Any 2 of those 3 would need to vote against it. 

In general all teams in that league may see Hearts coming down as a negative as although they will gain our away support a couple of times their chances of promotion will (you would like to think) be severely reduced.

They won't be getting our away support if our fans do the sensible thing and donate the cost of an away match ticket to FOH. 

Make no mistake if we go down we will need every penny. 

We should be looking after our own club not boosting the coffers of clubs who have voted us down. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic are hardly going to vote against their own proposal!!!

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nope, I think you are wrong

"There is a minimum price set for cup games but, if both clubs agree, they can be set lower. There is also a rule that away fans must not be charged more than home fans for "broadly comparable" seating"

Unknown user
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What you mean so?

As in so what? I couldn't give a **** what conversation we'd be having in different circumstances, it has no relevance to the actual circumstances we're in.

If st Mirren were bottom I'd think the same but wouldn't particularly care as they're not my club. So what? What point are you making? Let's just meekly accept relegation?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Squirt said:

Have just read it and I’ve got to say that’s a decent article, and hats off to Dempster that’s a reasoned and fair approach to the situation as it currently stands, whilst admitting that in a weeks time she could do a total 180 but that’s the way things are evolving. 

Something tells me that won’t please the Hibs fans mind you. 

Maybe Budge having her much criticised “good relationship” with Hibs will prove not to be that bad a thing after all.

Jambo 4 Ever
56 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

This 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Smithee said:

As in so what? I couldn't give a **** what conversation we'd be having in different circumstances, it has no relevance to the actual circumstances we're in.

If st Mirren were bottom I'd think the same but wouldn't particularly care as they're not my club. So what? What point are you making? Let's just meekly accept relegation?

No my point is it's out football departments fault we're even in this situation at all, I've said previously off course we should fight it all the way and never accept relegation until played full season but in all honesty with the bunch of losers we had on the pitch if season had continued we were going down and I was convinced of that after st lie down game 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No my point is it's out football departments fault we're even in this situation at all, I've said previously off course we should fight it all the way and never accept relegation until played full season but in all honesty with the bunch of losers we had on the pitch if season had continued we were going down and I was convinced of that after st lie down game 

What’s that got to do with the situation now though? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )