SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Why would it be an act? I really don’t like the guy, but his reaction to this is totally justified and normal. Yours is the complete opposite.

So what is it we should be doing ? Refuse to compete next season ? Join a foreign league, a more strongly worded statement ? Moan on an internet forum ?

None of the above will work or is any more useful than staying calm about it .

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, jambopilms said:

So what is it we should be doing ? Refuse to compete next season ? Join a foreign league, a more strongly worded statement ? Moan on an internet forum ?

We should do absolutely everything to fight demotion after an incomplete fixture list. Every avenue until they are all exhausted. 

16 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Oh and the statement from AB says nothing. Again far too emotional and lacking in facts.

Emotional ? Go on explain 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If we do nothing, I'm out. The club can go whistle.

56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely ST holders could ask for a refund either way though?  I don’t know if there is small print saying it is non refundable.

If you are suggesting Hearts fans should ask for refunds then you really are not a Hearts man. It's not our clubs fault the season is being ended prematurely.

Go ask the SPFL for your refund, they are responsible not Hearts.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We should do absolutely everything to fight demotion after an incomplete fixture list. Every avenue until they are all exhausted. 

Correct, has the club said we won't ?

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

They will do extremely well to get the 8 Championship teams they need to vote for the proposal.

I’m confused about this whole voting thing.  One minute I’m reading it’s 9-3 in the Premiership, 8-2 in the Championship.  Then I’m hearing in the news that all 42 clubs are voting on Friday to decide the fate of the bottom 3 leagues.  So what is it?

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Correct, has the club said we won't ?

No, some fans are suggesting we shouldn’t, and you are being snide with people who are not happy about the decision because you are “embarrassed” by people discussing it on a Hearts forum.

Just now, Footballfirst said:
Falkirk have joined Hearts and Rangers in opposing the SPFL but are open to reconsidering their position if league reconstruction is guaranteed.

Roll up, roll up...

Get stuck in to these utter *****. It’s been a while since we went to battle with the Scottish Football authorities. Cannot wait.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

..... some real Gorgie Aggro ... that will make them see sense and think again!

The SPFL, the SFA and the Scottish media all seem to be anti Hearts, I don’t know why but it appears there is not a lot of love for HMFC!

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Surely Particks name should be there as well

Yep, as per their statement earlier.

I’m curious as to what Aberdeen’s official stance will be. McInnes doesn’t want to see us demoted, but what about the club?

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If you are suggesting Hearts fans should ask for refunds then you really are not a Hearts man. It's not our clubs fault the season is being ended prematurely.

Go ask the SPFL for your refund, they are responsible not Hearts.

I didn’t suggest that all - read what I was replying to.  It was about whether there was really any difference between null and void and declaring the season over now regarding TV broadcasters, sponsors and ST holders demanding refunds since the SPFL has clearly been pushing the belief that null and void would be financial disaster - I’m wondering if they’re merely scaremongering.

I think your last sentence is wrong.  If you have a ST your contract is with Hearts not the SPFL.

50 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Yeh we are taking it to a mythical court who are going to stop the league even moving on until they guarantee that we can stay in the league and the season is null and void, and everyone is to get all the money they need.  oh and im a hibs fan as i have the ability to read.  Infact forget all that.  We should just leave the league join the Yorkshire league div 3 and work our way up to the English Premiership!!!  ffs. 

You would think an American millionaire would have more to do with his time than wind up Hearts fans on their own forum.

If the boot was on the other foot dot nut would have you launched ages ago.

Our people are either too soft or asleep at the wheel.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Roll up, roll up...

Get stuck in to these utter *****. It’s been a while since we went to battle with the Scottish Football authorities. Cannot wait.

Craig Levein may, after all, still be of some use. 

He loves a run in with the buffoons that run Scottish football. 

Perhaps @Mr Elwood Pand @JamboAlwere right, after all, about the virtues of him remaining.

Just joking, lads. 😉

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m curious as to what Aberdeen’s official stance will be. McInnes doesn’t want to see us demoted, but what about the club?

They’ll vote for it, assuming they get Europe guaranteed for 4th.  I doubt McIness gives a shit about us really.  He was hardly going to say I’d love to see Hearts get relegated was he?  Just surprised he didn’t say anything about us probably doing well in the Championship as a big physical team!

Just now, martoon said:

Perhaps @Mr Elwood Pand @JamboAlwere right, after all, about the virtues of him remaining.

Just joking, lads. 😉

I’m a big fan of fighting the SPFL and I don’t really like many other clubs that reside in it, so I am looking forward to it.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I’m a big fan of fighting the SPFL and I don’t really like many other clubs that reside in it, so I am looking forward to it.

Me too. 

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I doubt you’re that naive.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Just joking, lads. 😉

Conspicuous in their absence tonight.  I take it nobody has made any anti Levein comments?!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Just now, The Roller said:

I doubt you’re that naive.

I said I’d be interested. I don’t hold out much hope for them backing us and Rangers, no.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Conspicuous in their absence tonight.  I take it nobody has made an any anti Levein comments?!

😁

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They’ll vote for it, assuming they get Europe guaranteed for 4th.  I doubt McIness gives a shit about us really.  He was hardly going to say I’d love to see Hearts get relegated was he?  Just surprised he didn’t say anything about us probably doing well in the Championship as a big physical team!

Bribing Aberdeen with the Europe spot that should belong to the cup winners.

Corruption unashamed corruption.

Course they will vote for the proposal.

Paint the town maroon
28 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Not the strongest? She said governments have changed significant laws in the space of 24 hours so why can’t the SPFL be more adaptable.

What else is she supposed to say FFS?

Get her ****ing finger out and threaten the SPFL with a court order/injunction. She has basically said more time is needed to consider options but she wants league reconstruction quick fast.

What a total mess. She is 100% accountable for the shambles we are facing. Time for action Ann or piss off and let someone else run the club. 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I said I’d be interested. I don’t hold out much hope for them backing us and Rangers, no.

Despite the soundbites from McInnes, I’m not interested in the slightest. They’ll mean nothing soon enough. 

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Totally disagree the capitulation and surrendering by Hearts fans on this board is sickening.

They’re not dissimilar to the current team, that they all blame, as well as Ann Budge, for this caper, in that they seem to be content to give up when the going gets tough and the opposition uses underhand tactics to frustrate us.

Quite content to be rolled over, for whatever motive. Happy to listen to the people who want to damage us. 

Just now, The Roller said:

Despite the soundbites from McInnes, I’m not interested in the slightest. They’ll mean nothing soon enough. 

Okay, fair enough. I am interested in hearing the official word from all the clubs tbh. I just hope we as a club take note and do not forgive nor forget lightly. It’s about time we had a bit more motivation to hurt teams.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bribing Aberdeen with the Europe spot that should belong to the cup winners.

Corruption unashamed corruption.

Course they will vote for the proposal.

I don’t think it’s that - it will be more to do with the cup final potentially not being played until after the European places have to be decided.  Or possibly our cup final even being played after the Europa qualifiers have already started!

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t think it’s that - it will be more to do with the cup final potentially not being played until after the European places have to be decided.  Or possibly our cup final even being played after the Europa qualifiers have already started!

If they call the league they should call the cup null and void as well. Playing it in some sort of curtain-raiser is a nonsense as well.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why bother then.

So if we win the Cup we lose out on that as well.

As it stands we will likely be facing Hibs with our youth players.

To be honest , I am not sure what other clubs have to gain by voting no except Celtic and Rangers whom would have money lost if Uefa go nuts.  Then there's the SPFL going almost AWOL to uefa's stance last week about european exemption.  That quote I did earlier about FIFA got me thinking SPFL got the green light to go ahead with ending season.

So will Celtic panic about europe and will Aberdeen do a no vote just 'cos Mc Innes said so, I don't know.

Anyone recall if Cormack wanted league reconstruction, I think he did.

Bottom line is we need 4 votes? Celtic Rangers Aberdeen Hearts.  Could happen  😬

Edited by HMFC01

You have to assume Inverness, Dundee and Ayr will be thinking very carefully about if they want to back it given that 1 of them is throwing away a cup final play-off match to gain promotion. Also for the rest of the league, do they want to vote for something that relegates Hearts and makes their promotion efforts next year a lot harder?  

I suspect the main issue for them is how do they navigate the financial burden of this carrying on. 

Perhaps the Gov furlough scheme will be mopping up the majority of wages.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If they call the league they should call the cup null and void as well. Playing it in some sort of curtain-raiser is a nonsense as well.

The league isn’t going to be null and void though.  Have to agree, I don’t have any appetite for playing a semi final maybe 6 months after it should have been.  Plus if win the cup will we get compensation for not getting the European place that was promised when we entered the competition?

Just been reading the Rangers fans forum. Notwithstanding the sectarian references which we could do without they are quite rightly seething. More to the point, they know that this was plotted the minute Lennon was wheeled out by Lawwell’s to talk about average points and their right to get 9 in a row. It’s a corrupt cess pit and we must fight dirty. Maybe even unite with them and Thistle and threaten to boycott all away matches. This forum is called Kickback. Well let’s start some serious ******* kickback right in to the groin of the corrupt Doncaster/ Lawwell cabal.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

To be honest , I am not sure what other clubs have to gain by voting no except Celtic and Rangers whom would have money lost if Uefa go nuts.  Then there's the SPFL going almost AWOL to uefa's stance last week about european exemption.  That quote I did earlier about FIFA got me thinking SPFL got the green light to go ahead with ending season.

So will Celtic panic about europe and will Aberdeen do a no vote just 'cos Mc Innes said so, I don't know.

Anyone recall if Cormack wanted league reconstrusciotn, I think he did.

Bottom line is we need 4 votes? Celtic Rangers Aberdeen Hearts.  Could happen  😬

I think Hibs could be a surprise No vote.

They are the only team who stand to move down a league place which would probably wipe off 100k or so, I've not looked admittedly.

They'll also lose at least 1 year of Derbies. And if the Scottish Cup spot is handed to 4th place they'll be saying goodbye to the potential income from that as well. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You have to assume Inverness, Dundee and Ayr will be thinking very carefully about if they want to back it given that 1 of them is throwing away a cup final play-off match to gain promotion. Also for the rest of the league, do they want to vote for something that relegates Hearts and makes their promotion efforts next year a lot harder?  

I suspect the main issue for them is how do they navigate the financial burden of this carrying on. 

Perhaps the Gov furlough scheme will be mopping up the majority of wages.

Some of the players from those teams will have real life jobs outside of football too. Perhaps furloughed twice. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The league isn’t going to be null and void though.  Have to agree, I don’t have any appetite for playing a semi final maybe 6 months after it should have been.  Plus if win the cup will we get compensation for not getting the European place that was promised when we entered the competition?

If we get relegated we will have a weaker team to play in that semi-final as well.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Anyone recall if Cormack wanted league reconstrusciotn, I think he did.

Celtic aren’t going to vote against it ffs!  They’ve been consistent all along that they should be declared champions. And the reason the Premiership vote isn’t until 23rd April is so they don’t piss off UEFA by declaring it too early.

Aberdeen will vote for it to guarantee a Europe League place.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m confused about this whole voting thing.  One minute I’m reading it’s 9-3 in the Premiership, 8-2 in the Championship.  Then I’m hearing in the news that all 42 clubs are voting on Friday to decide the fate of the bottom 3 leagues.  So what is it?

Bottom three leagues to vote by Friday 5pm.

10 clubs in bottom three leagues so to get 75% it’s 8-2, 12 in top league so 9-3 to vote after that at an unspecified date.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Some of the players from those teams will have real life jobs outside of football too. Perhaps furloughed twice. 🤷‍♂️

I'd imagine you can only be furloughed from 1 employer. I may well be wrong though. Regardless the maximum is £2500 p/m which works out at a wage of £3125 per month. 

Can't imagine there will be a lot of players on more than that in that league.

Edited by hughesie27

Of course we should if we can. But it boils down to if we are able to. I've posted a link to the SPFL articles of association in another thread and the section, Powers of the Board, at first glance appears to render challenge as useless. If we have signed up to these articles (and we must assume we have in order to compete) then we simply have to abide by them.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bottom three leagues to vote by Friday 5pm.

10 clubs in bottom three leagues so to get 75% it’s 8-2, 12 in top league so 9-3 to vote after that at an unspecified date.

So all 42 don’t vote on Friday?  Scottish News reported that wrong then.  Makes sense if the 12 Premiership clubs vote later.

GorgieRules22

Reading the Raith Rovers chairman say that he doesn’t think there will be enough votes to finish the season right now.

Hungry hippo
19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Anyone recall if Cormack wanted league reconstruction, I think he did.

We only need 3 Championship teams to vote it down. Partick are certs and the promotion playoff teams must be very tempted to vote against also. IMO they'd be daft not to 

Edited by Hungry hippo

Central Belt 1874
44 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The idea of calling the league as it is and relegating Hearts is one of most outrageous ideas to ever surface in Scottish football. 

No amount of pragmatism or 'realism' is ever going to change my opinion on that.

Hearts should be fighting this to the death and so should every single supporter.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So all 42 don’t vote on Friday?  Scottish News reported that wrong then.  Makes sense if the 12 Premiership clubs vote later.

Yeah I thought they did initially but it’s just the lower league teams at first, the issues with Uefa and European places seem to be the reason for the hold up, they don’t want leagues to end their seasons to early and the uglies need the European money. 
News that the German and Italian leagues are looking at behind closed doors games in May shows what can be done. Germany seem to have the virus under control as much as possible but places like Bergamo and Milan are still under a strict  lockdown.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

We only need 3 Championship teams to vote it down. Partick are certs and the promotion playoff teams must be very tempted to vote against also. IMO they'd be daft not to 

I asked a Pars fan and he said they’d vote for it 🤷🏾‍♂️.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

There is a good chance we could be the only league in Europe to go ahead with relegation this year , let that sink in 

And there appears to be some Hearts fans content to throw the towel in on this.

As big a loser mentality as the team they say, with some justification, has got us into this situation.

A situation where we can have a judgement given against us, that other, much stronger and forward thinking, European football associations are not contemplating for their clubs.

How soft some of the Hearts support has become.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )