SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I believe that the club are up for the fight. It looks as though the self interest of the west of Scotland clubs, to sponge off the big Glasgow clubs, will keep the current league set up. They want their extra home game against Celtic or Rangers, if they finish in the bottom 6. Whether we get the support of enough clubs who have the greater good of fair play within their character, is extremely doubtful.
This is the trouble with Scottish football. All self interest, with no vision of how to improve a desperately predictable competition, or a terrible national team. 

For some reason, I get the feeling that there is an great appetite amongst the Scottish media, and unbelievably some so called Hearts fans on here, just to either get it up us, or say “I told you so” about Ann Budge. The obvious glee that any suggestion of our demotion is met with by these people is pathetic. I can understand Hibs fans attitude due to how we have humiliated them so often, but our own?

I just don’t get it.
Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

I'm with you. Well said.

Hungry hippo

I'm all for bot slating the SPFL etc as we need them on board but I'd prefer the statement didn't say that it's not a time for rules. 

I've no doubt the club will be fighting this very strongly.

Don't UEFA take a really dim view on clubs taking their associations to Court? As for those thinking relegation is going to be some kind of cleansing of the club and we'll just bounce back!! Think again, this'll be a post Covid society/economy!! 

It could be a deep depression and everything that probably goes along with it

Be careful what you wish for

Edited by robbo1874

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Might be best for us but the other clubs won’t give a shiny shite.

and would you expect Budge to put forward a solution that is not best for Hearts?

27 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Crap statement in my opinion.

We need a siege mentality here and that gives me very little hope that the club are up for the fight.

Shes happy to go full on when it comes to issues within the club but it’s all nicely nice if anybody else is due criticism. And I’m a big supporter of her as well!

Yes let's hope she's keeping her powder dry. 

If we are determined and convinced that the proposal is wrong we should refuse to vote on it. 

If we take part in the vote and lose the Lawyers will say we were happy to take part in the process. 

I'm surprised and disappointed Mrs Budge didn't touch on this in her statement. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

That’s what lawyers help you do in this sort of situation. 😄

We are clearly in uncharted waters and if it does end up in court then the only winners will be the lawyers. It seems likely that a few clubs who will vote for the easiest option will end up in administration. What will the SPFL do then? 

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll be adding Ayr United to that list shortly then...

What have they said?  I can’t see the benefit of voting for this.  Clubs like Ayr and Inverness are vital for this to not get pushed through. 

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah no for me,the club is a mess anyway due to how it has been operated the last few years,needs a whole restructure.

Cut the cloth accordingly.Being £36 million in debt is a financial disaster.

This is a piece of piss compared to that

Oh dear! 🙈

29 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The lower league clubs affected such as Patrick gave clear coherent statements regarding the unfairness of the situation ours was disappointing.

Really? 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

You realise it won’t just be players that lose their jobs at Hearts if relegation comes about? Cutting the cloth won’t only effect on the pitch. 

Yip,but we cant blame the SPFL or SFA for that,the chances are if the league was played to conclusion that we would be relegated anyway.

Covid-19 and the uncertainty this caused has meant that we have all forgotten why we are in this mess.

29 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

I’d rather play in England.

Quite clear that only 2 clubs matter in this country.

**** them.

We going to pack the stadium in a van and relocate to Northumberland then?  Why the feck would England let a Scottish based club join their league set up?  

There is a good chance we could be the only league in Europe to go ahead with relegation this year , let that sink in 

34 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Crap statement in my opinion.

We need a siege mentality here and that gives me very little hope that the club are up for the fight.

Shes happy to go full on when it comes to issues within the club but it’s all nicely nice if anybody else is due criticism. And I’m a big supporter of her as well!

It's a very strong statement. 

Maybe lost on many. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and would you expect Budge to put forward a solution that is not best for Hearts?

All I’m saying is don’t expect any support from other clubs.  All football clubs vote purely for self interest rather than the good of the game.

gashauskis9

Going to be a few teams starting next season on -15 points at this rate.  Clearly the St Johnstone’s and St Mirrens of this world would rather that happen so they can at least get the cash next season before they go down.  Tactical wonderland this situation and the SPFL ****ing knows it. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a very strong statement. 

Maybe lost on many. 

I bow to your higher intellect.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh dear! 🙈

You think we don’t need a restructure?

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

There is a good chance we could be the only league in Europe to go ahead with relegation this year , let that sink in 

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.  In fact, when games started getting pulled last month, I feckin called it. 

davemclaren
Just now, OldGorgie said:

We are clearly in uncharted waters and if it does end up in court then the only winners will be the lawyers. It seems likely that a few clubs who will vote for the easiest option will end up in administration. What will the SPFL do then? 

Lawyers tend to always win, regardless of outcome, when things go to court. Hopefully it won’t come to that. For us I suppose it depends what league they are in and whether the SPFL abides by their rules or pragmatically changes them, as Ann mentions.  

Understand the need for diplomacy and keeping our powder dry until the Premiership vote is called but there was a chance tonight to lay it out flat, that statement failed to do so.

Meek surrender from the board, I fear.

5 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Don't UEFA take a really dim view on clubs taking their associations to Court? As for those thinking relegation is going to be some kind of cleansing of the club and we'll just bounce back!! Think again, this'll be a post Covid society/economy!! 

It could be a deep depression and everything that probably goes along with it

Be careful what you wish for

Yeah but its really only thick ****ers who actually see this as some sort of restart unaware Of the huge financial impact it has on the club.

As you say the financial impact will increase in a  post Covid world.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We going to pack the stadium in a van and relocate to Northumberland then?  Why the feck would England let a Scottish based club join their league set up?  

The same reasons they let Welsh teams join.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, The Roller said:

Understand the need for diplomacy and keeping our powder dry until the Premiership vote is called but there was a chance tonight to lay it out flat, that statement failed to do so.

Meek surrender = financial backlash against the club.

Maybe I'm giving Budge too much credit but I expect us to fight to the last.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

I'm not all that bothered about us qqplaying in the as we'll come back.    It's now all about the club fighting our corner,   us backing the club and together hopefully making life as difficult as possible for the people making these decisions.    

Being realistic but wanting to see a vicious fight against our corrupt game.

28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agree it’s not right nor is relegating Patrick Thistle when they are two points behind with a game in hand, awarding Aberdeen the European spot that normally goes to the Scottish Cup Winners and cancelling the play offs.

These are all the errors you make when you make the rules up as you go along.

Reading more into it now. My earlier post was weak @tightrope @Smithee and whoever the other person was uz were right to call me out.

It was posted part apathy and part not having any faith that the sfa wont make a complete erse of whatever option they choose. Victorian post above now puts its far better .

Real change of stance is Van bastens points above all the while trying to push it through with the financial carrot for the other clubs.

Finally anns statement just there, the fact that other avenues and reconstruction havnt even been explored fully makes you realise how much they are trying to shaft us.

Just because i expect nothing less of the sfa doesnt give it all a pass.

However our squad and budget should never have us in the predicament. And whatever the outcome the show goes on, ill still go home and away when i can etc. As Someone earlier said not going to blame, particularly the smaller clubs, for looking after themselves .

Edited by Alan_R

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yip,but we cant blame the SPFL or SFA for that,the chances are if the league was played to conclusion that we would be relegated anyway.

Covid-19 and the uncertainty this caused has meant that we have all forgotten why we are in this mess.

Sorry but have you missed the last two weeks of discussion. The whole point is if we go down it needs to be on merit of a full season played to a finish. Anything else makes a mockery of sporting integrity. 

All this chat about next season from the SPFL. How about we sort out this season before we worry about next.

If the league was played to a conclusion and we are bottom you wouldn’t hear a peep of a complaint from me personally. That is not what’s being proposed.

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I bow to your higher intellect.

I can just read

The Rangers and Hearts statements combined are a devastating rejection of the SPFL proposals. 

Gloves are off. 

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Glad to see a protesting statement.    But it's a mistake for us to advocate changing rules.   

I know the statement says pragmatism not rules but what rules would we be asking to change given this is an extraordinary situation? The rules are 38 games must be played are they not? 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I don't know. I'll show you their reasoning:

Screenshot_20200408-211245_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200408-211250_Twitter.jpg

Everyone is looking out for themselves, as you would expect. 

34 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In this instance it seems quite clear that the SPFL are attempting to bribe clubs into voting for this proposal ie. if you want your cash, which you desperately need to survive, vote for this crazy proposal now!!!

That's what it looks like to me as well. 

I think AB was hinting at that as well. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, luckydug said:

That's what it looks like to me as well. 

I think AB was hinting at that as well. 

Which is why I see attempts to get an injunction as crucial. Stop the money.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I can just read

The Rangers and Hearts statements combined are a devastating rejection of the SPFL proposals. 

Gloves are off. 

I can read too but I'm done engaging with you if you're going to be so condescending about it.

In my opinion the statement could and should have been stronger. You disagree so you imply your interpretation is correct, anybody else's is wrong and if they don't agree the implication is you can read and we can't?

I have no motivation to get into a pissing match with you mate so have a good night and we'll leave it at that eh.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

I agree. Despite previous statements mentioning it, this time there is no mention of taking legal advice (in fact it even says it’s no time for rules - surely if we were going down a legal route it would have to be on the grounds of rules being broken otherwise what would our reason for complaint be?).

I think AB is pinning all her hopes on the Rangers proposal but deep down is resigned to our fate.  There didn’t sound a lot of fight in that statement.

9 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Going to be a few teams starting next season on -15 points at this rate.  Clearly the St Johnstone’s and St Mirrens of this world would rather that happen so they can at least get the cash next season before they go down.  Tactical wonderland this situation and the SPFL ****ing knows it. 

Not according to Gordon Smith, who said that clubs who might go into admin as a result of Coronavirus should not be penalised. ( no doubt to protect his beloved huns)

I thought I read uefa would allow contracts to be extended beyond the league suspension.  Ayr would be making a wrong decsion on that.  

2020 contracts to be extended and summer transfer window moved - FIFA approve big changes

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

I know the statement says pragmatism not rules but what rules would we be asking to change given this is an extraordinary situation? The rules are 38 games must be played are they not? 

Yes.    At the moment the rules say the games must be played before we are relegated.     If we insist that rules can be changed or ignored then others will say we can't rely on the rules that are in our favour.    We should push for pragmatism without insisting the rules can be overridden.    

This idea sticks in the craw a lot but what if Rangers and Hearts agreed they would resign from membership of the SPFL if the vote goes ahead as is?

If the SPFL are going to be complete ******s the league being without 2 of the top 3 supported teams ****s the SPFL and the other teams right over

Also. We are in uncharted territory now. The Championship in England and English football in general may just be open to restructure with new teams from over the border....

Edited by Jammy T

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Fifa have already said that contracts expiring in May/June, now expire in January instead. 

Except they can't arbitrarily do that. See Jean-Marc Bosman.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be no football next year while everyone tries to sort it out in court. 

Corporate governance sounds good to me

Diadora Van Basten

Without reposting the long Lachlan Cameron Twitter statement think it’s fair to say that if the season is declared null and void then the SPFL has to refund sponsors. 

I read that English Premiership clubs were told to stop using the Statement Null and void for predictably the same reason.

Looks like Doncaster has sold us down the rivers and created this farcical situation by failing to read the small print.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes.    At the moment the rules say the games must be played before we are relegated.     If we insist that rules can be changed or ignored then others will say we can't rely on the rules that are in our favour.    We should push for pragmatism without insisting the rules can be overridden.    

Fair point 👍

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ayr will be voting for the SPFL measures.

Brutal.  Didn’t see that anywhere mate. No idea how they can actually justify that. 

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, sac said:

Not according to Gordon Smith, who said that clubs who might go into admin as a result of Coronavirus should not be penalised. ( no doubt to protect his beloved huns)

Sad state of affairs when your team going bust is a better option than being bottom of the league with 8 games to go.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Great post 👍

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

UEFA wouldn’t allow it.  They weren’t around when the Welsh teams joined the English league.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )