SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We can safely assume that League reconstruction is a dead duck!!

Yeah she has been told bu either the Exec or other clubs to go raffle.

We are definitely ****ed.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Crap statement in my opinion.

We need a siege mentality here and that gives me very little hope that the club are up for the fight.

Shes happy to go full on when it comes to issues within the club but it’s all nicely nice if anybody else is due criticism. And I’m a big supporter of her as well!

Needs to keep her powder dry and get allies. 

Nookie Bear

Ann showing them up for their bowling club committee mentality.

We have seen such fundamental changes to our lievs, agreed and rolled out in a matter of days, and yet our governing body is still trying to hide behind rules that simply do not fit this current situation.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agreed. also worrying that we are actually going to vote and not abstain from voting, any vote could have relevance if we are to stage a legal fight against the decision.

The vote is in support of a motion, not in finishing the league. We are still reserving our rights.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

You'll be adding Ayr United to that list shortly then...

Why not. Chuck those minky tinks under the bus too, if they think we should be demoted to the division below.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think she says all she can say. Well said Anne

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think it is ok. There are politics involved, particularly as no vote has taken place.

Rangers and Partick both put out stronger worded statements that didn't concede their position or sugar coat how they arrived at it. Why are we pussyfooting around the SPFL and the complete morons in charge? They are trying to shaft us, **** them.

Christ I never thought I'd see the day I wished Vlad was back fighting our corner.

Edited by Squirt

davemclaren
Just now, Barack said:

OJ Simpson have a decent case? :lol:

Nah, he had decent lawyers that knew how to play the game. 

Same thing. The club will take on board what their lawyers think can be achieved. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And why is our case not decent Dave?

Well perhaps the fact they have taken legal advice according to Doncaster and are plowing on it might suggest we dont have as good a legal case as we think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Reckon they like a game of call my bluff themselves after moaning about UEFA. 

Interesting,  no time for rules?

Thought they were our saviour  :(

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t think we should pin our hopes on a legal decision the courts are reluctant to get involved in sporting disputes.

In this instance it seems quite clear that the SPFL are attempting to bribe clubs into voting for this proposal ie. if you want your cash, which you desperately need to survive, vote for this crazy proposal now!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Squirt said:

Rangers and Partick both put out stronger worded statements that didn't concede their position or sugar coat how they arrived at it. Why are we pussyfooting around the SPFL and the complete morons in charge? They are trying to shaft us, **** them.

Christ I never thought I'd see the day I wished Vlad was back fighting out corner.

Bombast from Ibronx is fine. They are in a position to play to the crowd.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Trouble is the suspension of football, for however long is going to rinse Hearts (and others) of so much money. 

We might not have the resources to cope financially with a protracted court action. 

We will also be losing money by being relegated. 

I haven't heard anything mentioned about compensation. 

It's the least the SPFL could do to make up for stitching us up. 

That’s called holding the ace card. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Well perhaps the fact they have taken legal advice according to Doncaster and are plowing on it might suggest we dont have as good a legal case as we think.

The mutant would say that though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

OJ Simpson have a decent case? :lol:

Nah, he had decent lawyers that knew how to play the game. 

You suggesting Ann gets on the back of a truck round Edinburgh with a shooter pointing at her coupon?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Sir Gio said:

You suggesting Ann gets on the back of a truck round Edinburgh with a shooter pointing at her coupon?

Let Levein do it and earn his money somehow.

This needs to come back to the ST holders I am not accepting relegation, I would rather we resigned our league status, if we accept this  I am done with Scottish football.

Benny Factor
4 hours ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

I know several fans of other top team clubs who genuinely don't want to see Hearts being unfairly relegated here

Why is it that you are so determined this should happen Ronnie ?

Because he's a Hibs wank. 

Bombast from Ibronx is fine. They are in a position to play to the crowd.

I'm more than happy to accept that level heads are required but honestly I'm just sick of us being such a soft touch from the boardroom to the pitch we're like the inside of a newborns nappy.

Today has got my back up and perhaps there's no ground to be made by making digs, but ffs Ann this is our club and we're on our knees. Show us a bit of bite and scrap for the love of god.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, David McCaig said:

In this instance it seems quite clear that the SPFL are attempting to bribe clubs into voting for this proposal ie. if you want your cash, which you desperately need to survive, vote for this crazy proposal now!!!

Agree it’s not right nor is relegating Patrick Thistle when they are two points behind with a game in hand, awarding Aberdeen the European spot that normally goes to the Scottish Cup Winners and cancelling the play offs.

These are all the errors you make when you make the rules up as you go along.

Anyone worked out the chances of this resolution being defeated ? 

My own feeling is that it's a slam dunk and will be passed easily , could be wrong but can't see many clubs being against it .

She gave a more strongly worded statement after we called Mixu Paatelainen a fat hibs c-word.

Leveins Battalion

I'm torn.

Part of me wants to see the club being given a fair crack . 

Then the other part thinks back to the last few years and thinks that relegation with release clauses is what this club needs to breathe again.

Apart from the Derby's I would miss nothing about the Spfl.Also i would still expect us to get the 3rd highest attendances in whatever league we are in.🇱🇻

Hearts are not having it - and more importantly neither are Rangers!!

Edited by Thomaso

south morocco

I can’t put into words how much I  loathe the SPFL and SFA. They are the most archaic, odious, inept set up in UK sport. We all know their agenda, they barely try to hide it. Totally scunnered and I hope the club fight this robustly. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

After he’s sanitised Tynie 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm torn.

Then the other part thinks back to the last few years and thinks that relegation with release clauses is what this club needs to breathe again.

Apart from the Derby's I would miss nothing about the Spfl.Also i would still expect us to get the 3rd highest attendances in whatever league we are in.🇱🇻

We lost £1.5m the last time we were down there. This is not 2014 again by a long shot.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm torn.

This Club needs relegation like a hole in the head!! It will be a financial disaster as Budge knows!

That statement is an update really on discussions and what we hope for. If a decision is made against what we hoped for, I'd expect fire and brimstone.

Edited by Cruyff

Gilberts Fridge

Now is the time to keep our powder dry.  The Partick and Rangers statements have set the scene that not all clubs will roll over. The fact that the SPFL have said that they have taken legal advice says that they are not 100% confident of this. Of course their lawyers will say their case is watertight,  theyre not exactly going to admit that there may be chinks in their case.

Until now we have been unable to get good advice as we did not know the proposal. The SPFL new their proposal so their lawyers have been able to review before its issued .

Let's hope our lawyers advice is that we have a strong case. I'd love us to ram this right back at the SPFL but I would imagine that our legal team will advise that we negotiate behind closed doors. 

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

I can’t put into words how much I  loathe the SPFL and SFA. They are the most archaic, odious, inept set up in UK sport. We all know their agenda, they barely try to hide it. Totally scunnered and I hope the club fight this robustly. 

Ahh but we’re not pointing fingers at them, they’ve tried ever so hard to deal with this situation.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, ramrod said:

Anyone worked out the chances of this resolution being defeated ? 

My own feeling is that it's a slam dunk and will be passed easily , could be wrong but can't see many clubs being against it .

I think the only chance is that the Championship clubs throw it out.  Looks like 8 out of 10 need to vote for it.  Clearly Partick won’t vote for it but I’m not sure there is anything to be gained by any of the others voting against, unless Dundee want to assume the Rangers position to stop Utd getting the title. 

We lost £1.5m the last time we were down there. This is not 2014 again by a long shot.

Correct - some have their heads in the sand here!

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That statement is an update really on discussions and what we hope for. If a decision is made against what we hoped for, I'd expect fire and brimstone.

Exactly this

Let's wait and see next steps

SectionDJambo

I believe that the club are up for the fight. It looks as though the self interest of the west of Scotland clubs, to sponge off the big Glasgow clubs, will keep the current league set up. They want their extra home game against Celtic or Rangers, if they finish in the bottom 6. Whether we get the support of enough clubs who have the greater good of fair play within their character, is extremely doubtful.
This is the trouble with Scottish football. All self interest, with no vision of how to improve a desperately predictable competition, or a terrible national team. 

For some reason, I get the feeling that there is an great appetite amongst the Scottish media, and unbelievably some so called Hearts fans on here, just to either get it up us, or say “I told you so” about Ann Budge. The obvious glee that any suggestion of our demotion is met with by these people is pathetic. I can understand Hibs fans attitude due to how we have humiliated them so often, but our own?

I just don’t get it.
Hearts are a club with a glorious history of trying to do the right thing, most of the time, during war and peace. What have we done to these people to attract this venom?
I’m not one for holding grudges, generally, but if this stitch up succeeds, I won’t set a foot inside another Scottish ground unless Hearts can gain financially from it. It’s time to take a stand against this.

Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Be a fair few screaming do it

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And we didn’t budget for coming straight back up which meant we were in a better position when we actually did. 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Glad to see a protesting statement.    But it's a mistake for us to advocate changing rules.   

Why if that is the best solution?

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And why is our case not decent Dave?

I don’t know if it is or not, without studying the SFA rulebook. I’m hoping that the club lawyers will have a good idea if it is or not. 

12 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Crap statement weak as piss.

It’s called diplomacy

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This Club needs relegation like a hole in the head!! It will be a financial disaster as Budge knows!

Nah no for me,the club is a mess anyway due to how it has been operated the last few years,needs a whole restructure.

Cut the cloth accordingly.Being £36 million in debt is a financial disaster.

This is a piece of piss compared to that

Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t know if it is or not, without studying the SFA rulebook. I’m hoping that the club lawyers will have a good idea if it is or not. 

Oh well that clears it all up.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, davemclaren said:

So you were kite flying? Awesome. Tell you what, rather than doing that, why don't you empty the vermin trolls before flying more kites as that would be more useful? Cheers in advance.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah no for me,the club is a mess anyway due to how it has been operated the last few years,needs a whole restructure.

Cut the cloth accordingly.Being £36 million in debt is a financial disaster.

This is a piece of piss compared to that

You realise it won’t just be players that lose their jobs at Hearts if relegation comes about? Cutting the cloth won’t only effect on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct - some have their heads in the sand here!

Absolutely off their heids!

With the impending financial crisis on the horizon, I'd expect it will be much worse than £1.4million this time around. 

It's a nightmare scenario. It's not like in England where you get a £400million parachute payment. 😂 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why if that is the best solution?

Might be best for us but the other clubs won’t give a shiny shite.

davemclaren
Just now, OldGorgie said:

Oh well that clears it all up.

That’s what lawyers help you do in this sort of situation. 😄

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you were kite flying? Awesome. Tell you what, rather than doing that, why don't you empty the vermin trolls before flying more kites as that would be more useful? Cheers in advance.

Who isn’t flying kites on this one? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )