SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We were good at a really shite level. Pumping plumbers and posties 10 zip? Who gives a ****? :lol:

Even if we did manage it in the same style again, we’d still be at a shite level to then take on the top division. Your views are really oddball. You seem to actually want us to go down, and to have less resources. Basically you’d like us to be a yo-yo team like Dundee, so you could enjoy the odd season skooshing the bush league. 🙃

We had 15k or more turning up at all our home games that season, big away crowds including 7k for an away game at Livi.  I think it’s fair to say most of us enjoyed that season and gave a ****.  Are you enjoying this season getting pumped off bottom 6 shite and being the worst team in the league?

It wouldn’t be the same this time - no Hibs, Rangers or even Utd but I’m pretty confident we’d get our shit sorted and came straight back up.  No, I don’t want to go down but the world will keep turning.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

This reeks of Celtic need to be awarded the title. 

They've rigged the question being put to the clubs so self interest is firmly in the minds of the owners. 

Need to sue the ****s. I swear if Budge backs down here she'll never be forgiven. 

davemclaren
Just now, OTT said:

This reeks of Celtic need to be awarded the title. 

They've rigged the question being put to the clubs so self interest is firmly in the minds of the owners. 

Need to sue the ****s. I swear if Budge backs down here she'll never be forgiven. 

Even if her lawyers tell her we will likely lose?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

We had 15k or more turning up at all our home games that season, big away crowds including 7k for an away game at Livi.  I think it’s fair to say most of us enjoyed that season and gave a ****.  Are you enjoying this season getting pumped off bottom 6 shite and being the worst team in the league?

It wouldn’t be the same this time - no Hibs, Rangers or even Utd but I’m pretty confident we’d get our shit sorted and came straight back up.  No, I don’t want to go down but the world will keep turning.

I was there, I remember. I was also at that Livingston game. We were rallying mostly. I prefer any season in the top division more than the division below. You seem to be suggesting that that is a better level for us? Battering part time sides instead of trying to compete in the top division. The third biggest club in the country... :rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yay! Let's do it! :rolleyes:

Catch yourself on. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes

If it’s just “likely”, then yes. 

Yes. 

This whole thing stinks and hopefully even if we lose it shines a light on how bent Hampden actually is. 

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

if we have the same shirkers we'd struggle just the same & if the same folks in recruitment are there nothing will change. just the names.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

More than one way to skin a cat.

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes

Thar’s fine which means we will likely have two sets of lawyers bills to pay to add to our lost income. 

31 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The authorities putting it to a vote its typical of them. They are incompetent of making any decision to benefit/in fairness of the game and don’t have the back bone to defend any decision so will hide behind a vote.

For me it was unthinkable we’d be relegated with what is left to play for - don’t forget this includes the league split with games against our direct rivals - now it looks like we will go down. 

It will go to the courts after a 10 v 2 vote, what legal basis we have to stop it and the fall out after if we win the case I do not know

We shouldn't be one of the two. 

We need to abstain from the vote. 

In the event of legal action we don't want lawyers from the other side saying we were happy to go along with the process and are just pissed off we lost out. 

If we think it's wrong we should take no part in the charade imo. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Thar’s fine which means we will likely have two sets of lawyers bills to pay to add to our lost income. 

Happy for my FoH subs to go towards it. If we don’t fight it I’ll most likely be stopping them anyway. Rather we all had a whip around though, personally. Or Ann found the money for some of it at least.

maroonsgotop
17 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Funny you mention that, but I listen to a football podcast called The Football Ramble. They specifically picked up on this point a couple of weeks ago when it was first said and took the p**s out of Lennon for this use of that term ( aren’t all leagues decided on points average 🤪). 

Then, a couple weeks down the line and the SPFL used the same phrase. 

It’s like they aren’t even trying to hide it. 

Scottish Football................more corrupt than South America and Italy

davemclaren
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Happy for my FoH subs to go towards it. If we don’t fight it I’ll most likely be stopping them anyway. Rather we all had a whip around though, personally. Or Ann found the money for some of it at least.

Could be very expensive but some will feel better for it I suppose. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good. How much would we lose if we rolled over and accepted it? I would be completely out for one.

Ultimately that utter capitulation at St Mirren is going to cost us far more than we thought it would.

I think a temporary league expansion is by far the fairest solution, but whether there are enough open minds to allow for that is another question.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I was there, I remember. I was also at that Livingston game. We were rallying mostly. I prefer any season in the top division more than the division below. You seem to be suggesting that that is a better level for us? Battering part time sides instead of trying to compete in the top division. The third biggest club in the country... :rofl:

I wasn’t actually suggesting that but it’s not rocket science to suggest that the league below is a better level for the worst team in the league.  That’s kinda the point of relegation. We’ve not just been the worst team for a season, we’ve been the worst for well over a year.  

Which did you enjoy more - this season or the Championship winning season?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, sac said:

Send a copy of our rules to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, along with Duncasters proposal, for opinion.

Bollocks! Go to a Scottish court and get an injunction. By the time the courts are in a position to hear it, hopefully a number will have gone breasts heavenwards.

Pretty sure we will have a few solicitors amongst our support, even if not, 10 to 20 pounds a month from a few thousand would cover it over a set term, I am in. If I win the lotto tonight the bill is on me. 

My tuppenceworth is that if they do relegate us with 24 points still to play for then I swear I will never again set foot in any other stadium apart from ours in league seasons.

Get my season ticket until I die but will never go to another away league game

Heres Rixxy

Not had time to read all the responses but does the points per game average take into consideration the actual fixtures left? E.g. ave points we've earned against Hibs vs Livingston.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Different scenario though. There was a real buzz last time as we emerged from near-liquidation and everything seemed in place to really go places.

This time would be painful and i am not sure we have it in us to turn around our morale to get us in the frame of mind to play in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

its ****ing baffling.

Let alone the massive financial impact of tv revenue and sponsorship etc.....

But aye lets enjoy playing Ayr cause we have had a shit season.

Edited by Jamboelite

29 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Aye better to come on and talk pish about talking the SPL to court!  this thread is 90% full of people talking shite.... take a minute to actually look at the details objectively.  

Is Mrs Budge talking pish as well then ? 

Dont know why I'm even replying to you. 

You are a rocket you need launched ASAP. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bollocks! Go to a Scottish court and get an injunction. By the time the courts are in a position to hear it, hopefully a number will have gone breasts heavenwards.

Either way we should challenge this. Rules are rules

Could be very expensive but some will feel better for it I suppose. 

What price our self respect and that of others? 

A winning team sees the supporters turn up. 

Doesn't matter what division. Or team (for the most part) 

We need to fight tooth and nail against relegation but should it happen the world will still turn and we will come straight back up. Of that I have no doubt. 

Regardless of all this, what's going on the world is far more important than what division hearts are playing in next season. 

kingantti1874

If your willing to roll over you don’t have any self respect.. your a bitch

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If your willing to roll over you don’t have any self respect.. your a bitch

Indeed.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2-3

Following the SPFL briefings held today, and having now had the opportunity (post meeting) to read the written resolution being proposed, I can confirm that Heart of Midlothian will not be voting in favour of the proposal as it stands.

Over the past 24 hours, in advance of today’s meetings, a number of Clubs have been discussing possible options and sharing ideas.  Many of those Clubs believe, as we do, that a decision of such magnitude requires significantly more discussion and debate than has been made available to us.

I absolutely understand that finding an equitable outcome for all will not be easy.  However, I firmly believe that we must try to find a solution which ensures that no Club should be penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances.  

It was emphasised today that some clubs, particularly those in the lower Leagues, need funds to be released to help them navigate their way through this exceptional situation.  I do not accept however, that this resolution needs to be passed in order to release those funds.  If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done.  This is a time for pragmatism, not rules.  There are other ways of addressing the current financial challenges and as such we will be supporting the Members Resolution being put forward by Rangers.

I wrote to the SPFL on the 15th March, asking that all 42 clubs be given the opportunity and time to discuss this situation fully.  That has not happened and we now find ourselves once again in apparent disarray.  For the avoidance of doubt, I am not pointing fingers at the SPFL Executive, nor indeed at the Board, as I know how much effort has gone into trying to find a way through this totally unprecedented situation.  However, an issue of this scale was always going to demand full involvement of the member Clubs.

I also asked that we try to see this as an opportunity to look at whether a league restructure, so often talked about, could help us through this difficult time.  I was disappointed to read in the papers issued today that it will be considered, but it was also stated that “…it is very difficult to achieve consensus behind any restructuring proposal, let alone quickly”.  This is an emergency situation, and Clubs acknowledge and many accept that it needs actions befitting an emergency situation.  Decisions taken to see us through this emergency do not have to be cast in stone.  We need to look at the restructuring option with belief that it will help and not with negativity.

This is a time for all Clubs and SPFL partners to pull together to find an equitable solution for all. If something is right, it is right:  if it is wrong, it is wrong. We will continue to lobby for doing the right thing, both for Clubs and for Scottish Football.

If other Clubs vote to relegate us before the season ends, we'd be just as well to walk away from Scottish football. Start at the bottom of the English pyramid. Leave the wankers to it.

davemclaren

Everything has a price, especially if you think you’re not going to win. No problem with challenging it if we believe we have a reasonable legal case. 

I’m actually looking forward to the fight now, tbh. I don’t have any time for quite a few of the clubs in this league, and if it causes them problems, then they should think very carefully about voting for us to be unfairly demoted.

Crap statement in my opinion.

We need a siege mentality here and that gives me very little hope that the club are up for the fight.

Shes happy to go full on when it comes to issues within the club but it’s all nicely nice if anybody else is due criticism. And I’m a big supporter of her as well!

Edited by Squirt

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

We need a siege mentality here and that gives me very little hope that the club are up for the fight.

I guess Ann is still of the belief that the Rangers proposal can gain consensus.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

I think she says all she can say. Well said Anne

Just now, Squirt said:

Agreed. also worrying that we are actually going to vote and not abstain from voting, any vote could have relevance if we are to stage a legal fight against the decision.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everything has a price, especially if you think you’re not going to win. No problem with challenging it if we believe we have a reasonable legal case. 

A price not only worth paying, but essential. 

If we meekly accept this, I’m done with football altogether.  The league should be resumed whenever it is able, be that in a few months or a few years.

Diadora Van Basten

The lower league clubs affected such as Patrick gave clear coherent statements regarding the unfairness of the situation ours was disappointing.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

17 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Partick Thistle have a war chest 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Shes happy to go full on when it comes to issues within the club but it’s all nicely nice if anybody else is due criticism. And I’m a big supporter of her as well!

I think it is ok. There are politics involved, particularly as no vote has taken place.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A price not only worth paying, but essential. 

Only if you have a decent case. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I’d rather play in England.

Quite clear that only 2 clubs matter in this country.

**** them.

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Agreed. also worrying that we are actually going to vote and not abstain from voting, any vote could have relevance if we are to stage a legal fight against the decision.

I don’t think we should pin our hopes on a legal decision the courts are reluctant to get involved in sporting disputes.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Only if you have a decent case. 

And why is our case not decent Dave?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )