SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

St Johnstone can come off that list. They gain a place and extra money and have tayside derbies versus United to offset lost revenue against Hearts.

Ayr were never realistically going up and ICT need the money.

Dundee and Partick are a shoe in to vote against it.

In league 1 Falkirk probably will vote against. Airdrie Montrose and East Fife need the cash and werent likely to go up.

League 2 - Edinburgh City possibly yes, Elgin and Cowdenbeath doubt it.

Brechin will of course to save themselves from the lowland league.

Even if Ayr won the play offs presumably they couldn’t come up as their “stadium” doesn’t fit Premiership criteria?  I doubt they could afford to come up.  

Why do you think Dundee will vote against?  To stop Utd getting the title?  If no chance of play offs then they have no chance of promotion anyway.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Let’s be clear here about this “we deserve to go down “ shite. We only deserve to go down if we capitulate. HMFC is a club with a proud tradition: that sent its men to fight on the Somme. This is a plot to crown Celtic champions and we are seen as collateral damage. Right from the opening shot when Lennon was wheeled out to do Lawwell’s bidding ( a one eyed view as Tom English so fittingly put it) Doncaster has been engineering this outcome. We need to fight hard using all resources at our disposal: political ( Ian Murray MP) legal and every way we can against this rotten cabal. If we go down we go kicking and screaming. If we surrender I’m done.

5 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

St Johnstone can come off that list. They gain a place and extra money and have tayside derbies versus United to offset lost revenue against Hearts.

Ayr were never realistically going up and ICT need the money.

Dundee and Partick are a shoe in to vote against it.

In league 1 Falkirk probably will vote against. Airdrie Montrose and East Fife need the cash and werent likely to go up.

League 2 - Edinburgh City possibly yes, Elgin and Cowdenbeath doubt it.

Brechin will of course to save themselves from the lowland league.

Its unfair, but its unfairness that looks like it will be voted for.

I hope you lot get merged with Dundee. 👍 

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I see Doncaster has said they have taken expert legal and commercial advice.

They might be comfortable that a legal challenge wouldnt do anything.

Celtic lending them their lawyers? :lol:

Don't care, fight it anyway. If it means the end for any clubs who would see us shafted, then all the better.

1 minute ago, Rannoch said:

Let’s be clear here about this “we deserve to go down “ shite. We only deserve to go down if we capitulate. HMFC is a club with a proud tradition: that sent its men to fight on the Somme. This is a plot to crown Celtic champions and we are seen as collateral damage. Right from the opening shot when Lennon was wheeled out to do Lawwell’s bidding ( a one eyed view as Tom English so fittingly put it) Doncaster has been engineering this outcome. We need to fight hard using all resources at our disposal: political ( Ian Murray MP) legal and every way we can against this rotten cabal. If we go down we go kicking and screaming. If we surrender I’m done.

👏

Feck the surrender monkeys. 

Edited by martoon

1 minute ago, Rannoch said:

This man knows, 

The vote is a shoe in by the way as they have already worked that out i dont think thats in any doubt as there are quotes saying as much.

Edited by Jamboelite

12 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

If we get relegated due to a vote it will make it easier for a lot of people to blame others other than actually our club...we are hopeless, if we play the remaining 8 games we will still get relegated. It will be a drop in revenue but as others say diverting funds from away games into Hearts may plug this or even upping your pledges...Hearts in the Championship was actually fun but my main worry is we will never see some of the better player’s ever again. This of course could be a positive starting again.

for the avoidance of doubt I don’t want us to be relegated but it could actually be better long term for all of us 

Utter garbage . It will cost the club £4 million . Reminds me of the worst of the Tartan army:” we’re site and we know we are “ only interested in getting pished  and lifting their kilts to the local lassies in San Marino.

How can folk say ‘we deserve it’ when we can still get out of relegation. We quite literally DO NOT deserve it. The hand we’re going to be dealt will result in a massive loss of revenue for us and I can’t see how the courts would see it any other way than unjust. How the **** can you just say ‘ken there’s a few more games to play but let’s just call it there’. It’s absolutely mental. 

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Hope Ian Murray does utmost ,with advice etc,, we need every swinging dick on the field to overcome this ! F....g sfa

P....s !    Bent as Arab sandals...

Aye, but wasn’t it great scudding part time shite, and visiting all those wee traditional grounds, ken.

Get tae ****! :lol:

TheGoodLord
11 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

They're dogshite created by Iams.  We're dogshite created by Lidl's economy dogfood.

😂😂 dog 🐶 owner niche comedy

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Tinhat on but im now at the stage where im actually not that fussed.

Weve been rotten all season. Not like we were even on a consistent run. Can hardly complain.

If were down can only hope its the rebuild that we need an allows the time for more of the young guys to step up.

Reading the interviews over the past week it seems that a few at the club are gearing up for this eventuality too

**** that, this isn't a victimless jaunt, people's livelihoods are at stake when you drop 7 figures off a company's income. 

We don't deserve to go down, we have to fight this all the way.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Aye, but wasn’t it great scudding part time shite, and visiting all those wee traditional grounds, ken.

Get tae ****! :lol:

It was great, we were winning nearly every week and finished over 20 points ahead of Hibs and Sevco.  Most enjoyable season since 05/06.

10 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

What’s the war got to do with us being horrendous this season? 

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It will be deserved after 38 games. 

Not now imo

Plenty undercover greens on this site atm. 

👍

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

**** that, this isn't a victimless jaunt, people's livelihoods are at stake when you drop 7 figures off a company's income. 

We don't deserve to go down, we have to fight this all the way.

Fair points. Think its just the apathy of the last wee while. Goes without saying, given the choice, i dont want it to happen. 

What are other nations doing?

Edited by Alan_R

CF11JamTart
11 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

If we surrender I’m done.

That's where I'm at.

And i cannot abide the "we deserve to get relegated" talk. 

It'll be interesting to see how many of the wage-deferring teams come unstuck. Feck'em.

Not feeling charitable of spirit at present. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County are dogshite too. 

Still all to play for. 

Definitely still all to play for.

This whole situation is ridiculous, and wholly unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was great, we were winning nearly every week and finished over 20 points ahead of Hibs and Sevco.  Most enjoyable season since 05/06.

We were good at a really shite level. Pumping plumbers and posties 10 zip? Who gives a ****? :lol:

Even if we did manage it in the same style again, we’d still be at a shite level to then take on the top division. Your views are really oddball. You seem to actually want us to go down, and to have less resources. Basically you’d like us to be a yo-yo team like Dundee, so you could enjoy the odd season skooshing the bush league. 🙃

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Gorgie_Rules

The authorities putting it to a vote its typical of them. They are incompetent of making any decision to benefit/in fairness of the game and don’t have the back bone to defend any decision so will hide behind a vote.

For me it was unthinkable we’d be relegated with what is left to play for - don’t forget this includes the league split with games against our direct rivals - now it looks like we will go down. 

It will go to the courts after a 10 v 2 vote, what legal basis we have to stop it and the fall out after if we win the case I do not know

16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Even if Ayr won the play offs presumably they couldn’t come up as their “stadium” doesn’t fit Premiership criteria?  I doubt they could afford to come up.  

Why do you think Dundee will vote against?  To stop Utd getting the title?  If no chance of play offs then they have no chance of promotion anyway.

I knew this without checking but Ayr United's stadium adequately meets the top division criteria.

Here's it explained. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-uniteds-somerset-park-fit-13671640.amp

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Jamie3lb said:

Perhaps we could be awarded the 1914-15 League Title as part of this carve-up?

The fact we're being shafted to go down, makes me even more p*ssed off at that performance at St Mirren. 

Anyway,  calling it now makes a mockery of the sporting integrity of the league and our specific league set up of having a split.

The average points argument is a load of crap as well, as doesn't take in to account the home games you have against your immediate rivals.

We've no idea when football will start again and therefore how long the next season would be, so don't see why we can't finish the remaining games in a month and a half playing twice a week. Then a short break, and then commence the following season.

One unarguable point here, is that if the Old Firm were separated by goal difference or one of them was in our situation,  this decision would never happen. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie3lb said:

Merely illustrating the proud history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. 

Nobody walks over us.

I would expect any Hearts supporter to understand that. 

Edited by martoon

49 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Some of them not so much undercover. Quite blatant and there for anyone to see. 

The f*****s should crawl back under the stone they crawled from .

19 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Now we're talking. This is the only stance befitting of a Hearts man.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

They don't care about us. They only care about the ersecheeks. 

Very true. I do think Sky would rather have the Edinburgh derby than not though. Its always good atmosphere, its just the quality which is sometimes not there (under Levein mostly). 

Relegate us before the fixtures are completed but we put up a fight, and I won’t set foot inside another football stadium in Scotland other than Tynecastle.

Take it lying down and I’m done with the game up here, full stop.

@Natural Orders @RonnieG  Hearts fans my hoop.

How obvious does it need to ****in be ffs??!

Just now, One five said:

The f*****s should crawl back under the stone they crawled from .

The sound of scuttling would be deafening as they scurry back to their nest. Filth mongering Hibs scum. This place needs Rentokil. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Very true. I do think Sky would rather have the Edinburgh derby than not though. Its always good atmosphere, its just the quality which is sometimes not there (under Levein mostly). 

Levein’s derbies are amongst the best in our history.

1 minute ago, The Roller said:

Relegate us before the fixtures are completed but we put up a fight, and I won’t set foot inside another football stadium in Scotland other than Tynecastle.

One of them is “vouched for” apparently. I don’t believe a word of it though. Not a ****ing chance.

husref musemic

another stitch up just so the soap dodgers get the TV money continuing. Disgraceful but not a surprise.

what's more disgraceful is that shower of sh1t squad that's put us in this position. 4 wins all season ! 

given this and the refusal to take a hit on wages while the club sinks makes my blood boil. 

Get those mercenaries out the club & the jokers recruiting them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Hearts throw in the towel here then in turn I throw in the towel too. We need to fight this nonsense to the last.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

One of them is “vouched for” apparently. I don’t believe a word of it though. Not a ****ing chance.

By each other? 

Just now, martoon said:

By each other? 

Nope. Report your suspicions, and see what happens. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Aye better to come on and talk pish about talking the SPL to court!  this thread is 90% full of people talking shite.... take a minute to actually look at the details objectively.  

1 minute ago, martoon said:

The sound of scuttling would be deafening as they scurry back to their nest. Filth mongering Hibs scum. This place needs Rentokil. 

Rentokil 👍get rid o the filthy infested vermin forever they make 🤮

Call for Doncaster and Maxwells jobs. 

They are utterly incapable of leadership. This was their time to shine and yet again they stare at their shoes and do everything in their power to make sure someone else has to make the decision for them. 

I want both of them to resign. Scottish football has suffered under their leadership. Under Doncaster we're a joke down south. Their marketing of the game is dreadful and utterly to the detriment of the game. They need to go if we're ever to get parity with some of the deals SIMILAR SIZED COUNTRIES WITH A LESS ENGAGED POPULATION manage

Norway, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark all have much better deals which translates to drubbings like Hibs utter capitulation against Malmo. We've been beat off a part time Maltese team. For us to get any credibility back these jokers have to be ran out of town. 

Take Denmark as the bench mark - Copenhagen and Brondby, not really much else to talk about in that league right? Sounds familiar. TV deal? £46m per season, Us? £32m. £14m more per season is huge and could make a massive difference in holding onto young talents like Hickey or Paterson just long enough to get that contract extension which gets the club big bucks. 

Doncaster needs to go. 100%. This situation we're currently in is just another example of how poor the leadership in Scotland is. We need competent leaders who can move the game on. He's robbing the league and laughing all the way to the bank. 

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Levein’s derbies are amongst the best in our history.

this 

43 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I think what people have to appreciate here is that there is no guarantee that football will be played in front of paying customers for many months possibly even up to and beyond a year! This virus is not just suddenly going to disappear it is a very complexe virus and also very contagious. The notion that governments are suddenly going to say that is it it has stopped raining we can all go outside and play again is fanciful . The notion that some vaccine is going to materialise is just that. Scientists have been working on a vaccine for a similar virus for 20 years now and are still no closer to getting one. If there is  game played in Scotland in front of paying spectators inside 6 months I will be very surprised.

As you say, the virus is going to be around for some time to come. So even if the government lift the lockdown banning larger gatherings (and I think this isn't going to happen anytime soon), how many people are going to want to come to big crowd events? I think a lot of people who have previously attended games will be wary about putting themselves into very congested areas, where you have to queue up and sit with lots of people very close around you. It's not just sporting events that this will apply to, concerts will be the same. I know lots of people, particularly younger ones, will be keen to get back into stadiums asap, but I think a lot of middle aged and older people will want to feel it's definitely safe before they venture back to football and similar mass-spectator events. That time is quite some way off, and I'm sure this'll affect gates and revenue, even when the government ban is relaxed. This is going to affect football finances for a long time to come, not just the end of this season and the start of next. 

2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Aye better to come on and talk pish about talking the SPL to court!  this thread is 90% full of people talking shite.... take a minute to actually look at the details objectively.  

Do one.

Ehllhayapeh
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Call for Doncaster and Maxwells jobs. 

They are utterly incapable of leadership. This was their time to shine and yet again they stare at their shoes and do everything in their power to make sure someone else has to make the decision for them. 

I want both of them to resign. Scottish football has suffered under their leadership. Under Doncaster we're a joke down south. Their marketing of the game is dreadful and utterly to the detriment of the game. They need to go if we're ever to get parity with some of the deals SIMILAR SIZED COUNTRIES WITH A LESS ENGAGED POPULATION manage

Norway, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark all have much better deals which translates to drubbings like Hibs utter capitulation against Malmo. We've been beat off a part time Maltese team. For us to get any credibility back these jokers have to be ran out of town. 

Take Denmark as the bench mark - Copenhagen and Brondby, not really much else to talk about in that league right? Sounds familiar. TV deal? £46m per season, Us? £32m. £14m more per season is huge and could make a massive difference in holding onto young talents like Hickey or Paterson just long enough to get that contract extension which gets the club big bucks. 

Doncaster needs to go. 100%. This situation we're currently in is just another example of how poor the leadership in Scotland is. We need competent leaders who can move the game on. He's robbing the league and laughing all the way to the bank. 

You are missing one key point...which I know alot of people wont like if they are union orientated.

The difference, and its a big one, is our league shares a domestic market with another one that is one of the richest leagues in Europe. Denmark can sell a danish specific product we are selling a regional league within the same market entity as England.

Im not suggesting independence would result in masses more money for the league, but it would at least make us a unique territory which gives our product more validity.

56 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

if the average points part is correct that's precisely what Lennon was saying should happen from the very start (never heard it mentioned by anyone else). Strange that.

Thought for some time that Scottish football is heavily favoured towards the green sides having previously been heavily Rangers biased. All about power and politics. Otherwise how the heck would Petrie have ever get near a top job.

Funny you mention that, but I listen to a football podcast called The Football Ramble. They specifically picked up on this point a couple of weeks ago when it was first said and took the p**s out of Lennon for this use of that term ( aren’t all leagues decided on points average 🤪). 

Then, a couple weeks down the line and the SPFL used the same phrase. 

It’s like they aren’t even trying to hide it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Like you. You are clearly hibs. Do one.

10 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

You’re Hibs its quite obvious “Ron Gordon” and your incessant talk about no legal recourse when our own ****ing owner said it was being looked at is making it more obvious.

Edited by Jamboelite

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, tynewater said:

As you say, the virus is going to be around for some time to come. So even if the government lift the lockdown banning larger gatherings (and I think this isn't going to happen anytime soon), how many people are going to want to come to big crowd events? I think a lot of people who have previously attended games will be wary about putting themselves into very congested areas, where you have to queue up and sit with lots of people very close around you. It's not just sporting events that this will apply to, concerts will be the same. I know lots of people, particularly younger ones, will be keen to get back into stadiums asap, but I think a lot of middle aged and older people will want to feel it's definitely safe before they venture back to football and similar mass-spectator events. That time is quite some way off, and I'm sure this'll affect gates and revenue, even when the government ban is relaxed. This is going to affect football finances for a long time to come, not just the end of this season and the start of next. 

I'll up my FoH payments to help cover the shortfall.

Hopefully other clubs go to the wall.

David McCaig
24 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We were good at a really shite level. Pumping plumbers and posties 10 zip? Who gives a ****? :lol:

Even if we did manage it in the same style again, we’d still be at a shite level to then take on the top division. Your views are really oddball. You seem to actually want us to go down, and to have less resources. Basically you’d like us to be a yo-yo team like Dundee, so you could enjoy the odd season skooshing the bush league. 🙃

And if we thought the Championship was garbage in 2014, then my god its bad now.  Even a vaguely competent Hearts side should be looking at 90 points minimum.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )