SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Perineal bottom 6 teams would only get 2 instead of 3 games at home against Rangers, Celtic.

So they miss out too

Its why 12 works.

They’re only losing one game, they won’t get two home games against both the uglies every season. It’s still a big part of their income though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Budge going from saving us to killing us in 5 years is some doing to be fair to her. Hopefully the nursery and the skyboxes are alright. 

:wtf:

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Its something to discuss whilst we wait on the SPFL vote... people do realise this is a discussion board and influences nothing in the real world.

Yes , but the basis of discussions need to be sensible. I follow results of a club in tier 5/6 in England. They play in front of crowds of 400/500. Their players are mainly part-time, they rarely reach Round 1 of FA Cup and they are never on tv(except 1 season in 10 in FA Cup). Starting off 3/4 levels below that makes absolutely no sense at all and certainly makes the Scottish Championship look like the Champions League in comparison. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I won’t be going back to another Scottish ground if these shitty little clubs bite us down .. any hearts fan with a spine will follow..

rangers excluded given the position they have taken

Nah **** them too.

I would even get a list of clubs that voted against us and don’t play friendlys, loan them players or even take tickets for away games. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think some folk believe we would just saunter into League 2 and it would be a doddle all the way to the Championship. Clearly not the case when there's sides like Bradford, Coventry, Sunderland with huge supports etc... Pissing around in the lower divisions. 

Unlikely we get straight into League 2. We would have to start at tier 10 in all probability. Bognor Regis Rangers etc. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I won’t be going back to another Scottish ground if these shitty little clubs bite us down .. any hearts fan with a spine will follow..

Add Thistle now. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes , but the basis of discussions need to be sensible. I follow results of a club in tier 5/6 in England. They play in front of crowds of 400/500. Their players are mainly part-time, they rarely reach Round 1 of FA Cup and they are never on tv(except 1 season in 10 in FA Cup). Starting off 3/4 levels below that makes absolutely no sense at all and certainly makes the Scottish Championship look like the Champions League in comparison. 

and to be clear we would never be allowed into any english league.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Any money I would have spent on travelling away I’ll just donate the money to hearts or buy something from the shop.

**** all the other teams and all who sail in them!!!

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Any money I would have spent on travelling away I’ll just donate the money to hearts or buy something from the shop.

This 👌

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The clubs voted against keeping them in the SPL (at the time) regardless of all their clout and threats. 

There was no them to keep in the spl, the old club went bust and a new club were allowed entry to the bottom tier.

gorgieheart
16 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

If we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again. 

Give it to the smaller clubs in the football league on our journey back. 

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is announced!

Jeez...you need to step away from the buckie bottle and maybe worry a little more about what big cuddly uncle Ron has in store for your own team.... !!

Back to 2005

Clearly Scottish football thinks we can be trampled over. This is what happens when we become all nicey nicey and trying to be friends with the vermin for gods sake....who will take great joy in voting out down to the championship.

Budge has a lot to answer for.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The clubs voted against keeping them in the SPL (at the time) regardless of all their clout and threats. 

No they didn’t as they were in liquidation.  They weren’t in any league at the time so they couldn’t be “kept” there, it would have been an admission into the Premier League as a new club.  Charles Green’s new entity didn’t even have membership of the SFA when this got voted on.  “Relegation “ is a myth pedalled by Sevco fans.

22 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

If we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again. 

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is announced!

What's it got to do with Scotland, this is the SPFL, not the SFA.

Edited by ri Alban

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Souttar is never fit when they play, Berra is done, Walker is barely In our team, Uche was called up for some team even worse than Scotland. But I agree with the sentiment, **** the SFA and their shite team.

Look at the outrage and getting all Sevco about not visiting other grounds. :lol:

If we were 5 points better off then our club would be voting the other way. We have nobody else to blame but ourselves. 

I'm all for challenging it in the courts and seeing how the process goes but I'm not going to blame other clubs for looking out for themselves. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What's it for to do with Scotland, this is the SPFL, not the SFA.

The SFA will give the cup to Celtic next week. After all they were favourites to win it. 

19 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Is this for real?? First part sounds a bit sevco to me!! The last bit is mental uche for Scotland!!!!! 

My tongue in cheek post was to subtly point out that there are many in this thread beginning to sound like the baying hordes from Ibrox that we have spent the last 8 years ripping the absolute s***e out of. 

I’d hoped the inclusion of some of those names was the giveaway. 

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

That has got to be the most dignified and decent staement from Statement FC ever...Jabba has clearly gone then.  But Sevco stating that they hope and want to work together for the benefit for all clubs.......Common sense shockerooonie

Credit where credit is due wll done Rangers FC....I am speachless,  Its Hannable Lecter promoting Veganism

Totally agree.  Go The Rangers.....

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What's it got to do with Scotland, this is the SPFL, not the SFA.

Apart from that, Naismith is the only one that gets a game and one of them doesn’t even qualify to play for Scotland!

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Look at the outrage and getting all Sevco about not visiting other grounds. :lol:

If we were 5 points better off then our club would be voting the other way. We have nobody else to blame but ourselves. 

I'm all for challenging it in the courts and seeing how the process goes but I'm not going to blame other clubs for looking out for themselves. 

Must admit I'm more interested in the Uche for Scotland offshoot myself

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You need to grow up mate

sounds very much like what rangers fans said they would do when they were voted down 

Clerry Jambo

Scottish Premiership clubs expected to back abandonment and give Celtic title

Celtic celebrate a goal against Hearts in February. If a vote passes to end the season Celtic will be champions and Hearts relegated.Show caption

The Scottish Professional Football League aims to crown Celtic as champions and relegate Heart of Midlothian after 23 April, the earliest date Uefa is willing to accept for the abandonment of top divisions.

A meeting between the league’s board and clubs on Wednesday resulted in the recommendation of a resolution for a vote in each of the four divisions on whether to end their season as it stands, with places allocated on an average points-per-game basis.

Football isn't quite getting its coronavirus response right but who is? | Max Rushden

Nine of the 12 Premiership clubs would need to vote in favour, and the SPFL, having canvassed opinion, is understood to be fully confident of it passing. Votes will be collated before the start of next week.

A subsequent delay in abandoning the top-flight campaign would then be expected in order to follow Uefa guidance. The European game’s governing body has warned of possible restrictions to Champions League and Europa League entry if member associations abandon seasons prematurely. The SPFL does not regard that as a serious risk but is anxious not to antagonise Uefa.

The Hearts owner, Ann Budge, has spoken of legal action should the league demote her club, who are four points adrift with eight games to play. Rangers have publicly spoken out against any early finish to the campaign and did so again on Wednesday afternoon.

“It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented,” read an Ibrox statement, which added: “The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.”

Rangers insist “the 2019-20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish”.

Under the average-points plan, only Hibernian and St Johnstone – currently sixth and seventh respectively – would change places.

Dundee United will be promoted to Scotland’s top division if Championship clubs pass their element of the resolution. That element may hold the key to the SPFL’s plans, with several clubs considering their options. It also irked Championship boards that the league issued a statement as their occasionally feisty round of talks were ongoing.

The bottom two divisions are expected to back an immediate end to their seasons, with 15 from 20 needing to agree in a combined vote. Brechin City, otherwise consigned to a play-off to save their spot in League Two, would be saved.

One glimmer of hope for Hearts - and Partick Thistle, who would be relegated from the Championship - came in an SPFL statement. “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with clubs over the possibility of league restructuring ahead of season 2020-21,” it read. That prospect, primarily of a 14-team Premiership as mooted by Budge on Wednesday, is currently viewed by insiders as remote.

Numerous clubs across Scotland have been keen for the season to be defined so as to release prize money, issued on the basis of placings.

Neil Doncaster, the league’s chief executive, said: “We are keen to work with Uefa and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland. The quicker we reach a final position the better.”

Clubs were informed of a necessity to start the 2020-21 Premiership season on the first Saturday in August, as part of Sky Sports’ new and exclusive live television deal. That campaign has therefore been granted priority, even though there is no guarantee of football in early August.

The Scottish FA hopes to complete the 2019-20 Scottish Cup, currently at the semi-final phase, possibly as the opening games of “next” season. Aberdeen, fourth in the Premiership, would have a possible route to the Europa League only via the cup but it is understood they could instead be put forward by the Scottish FA on the basis of league position.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

The SFA will give the cup to Celtic next week. After all they were favourites to win it. 

This has feck all to do with SFA. No one wants relegated, but if this was Hamilton no-one would give a feck.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Homme said:

We didn’t even have to be 5 points better off - all we had to was beat St Mirren last game and we wouldn’t be bottom.  

Don't attend away games these days but if I did, I would stop. Fully back those who will do so in protest if we are shafted (for the want of a better term). Put every football penny you spend into Hearts 

Don't get the "ach, we deserve relegation, anyway" mob. No we don't. We deserve to be bottom of the league at the moment. That's all. Why should we accept a fate we could have still avoided? It's sort of been lost after the miserable performance and result at St. Mirren but we had shown very real signs of recovery in the 10 days before: 1-0 Rangers in the Cup, 3-1 at Hibs and a reasonable result and perf v. Motherwell. 

Sort of expect the scuttling filth on Hibs.nut to squeal about Hearts, somehow, deserving relegation but Jambos? 

Gtf. 

16 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I suggested this earlier, Hearts as a club even if the league is extended to keep us up should refuse to accept any away tickets for any club that tried to put us down. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Semi Final v hibs at Hampden still to go ahead?

Anyone feeling “exuberant”?

Not for me, I won’t attend it if it does.

Weakened Offender
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yup. 

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

This post nails it for me.

I'm finding it harder not to hate our present crop of duds and the position they've put us in, than any team wanting the best for themselves tbh.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

CONSIDERING the current circumstances and increased speculation surrounding the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on Scottish football, we felt it is incumbent that we provide clarity in relation to our position.

For the avoidance of doubt, Rangers firmly believe that the 2019/20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish.

Nevertheless, we are conscious of the ongoing financial hardships faced by many clubs within the Scottish game. No business is immune from the impact of Coronavirus and we were proud of our players and senior staff’s voluntary decision to defer their wages to ensure job security for their colleagues at Ibrox. Furthermore, many clubs urgently require financial support to maintain cash flow and allow them to survive this current impasse so they can return to normal business when the current government lockdown is relaxed. It is important to recognise that these clubs across all the leagues are now in a financially precarious situation.

As a club, Rangers will immediately propose a member’s resolution which would release prize money to be distributed to all clubs throughout Scotland urgently. We believe that this is the priority in the present circumstances. It is vital to show respect for all clubs across the Scottish game, regardless of league position or financial standing. We must work together with a unity of purpose for the betterment of the Scottish game.

We are also acutely aware of other issues which are less pressing but, are forming key parts of the football narrative in Scotland. Nothing is more important than protecting the future of every club in Scotland as we are cognisant that this has a direct impact upon people’s livelihoods. It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented. We must future proof the Scottish game.

Any restructure of the SPFL or other solutions to the current impasse must be afforded time to scrutinise in detail and consider all options. The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.

Scottish football must work together for the common good of every club, their staff and supporters. Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms. We must allow decisions to be made in a rational, fair and balanced manner.

In the meantime, we expect clubs to support our member’s resolution which will provide financial support to those who need it most.

I’m not really taken in by that to be honest. Might just be my lack of trust for most things these days.

They’ve avoided, quite cleverly, talking about the other end of the table, as that would be just far too obvious.

By focussing on the bottom of the league then can come over as all caring and looking after the game as a whole. All they’re really bothered about is either preventing Celtic getting the title, or it being tainted with a big bloody asterisk in the record books.

I reckon they’d vote against, simply based on that fact. It’s got sweet FA to do with sporting integrity or the bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Semi Final v hibs at Hampden still to go ahead?

Anyone feeling “exuberant”?

Apparently the semi's and final will be an August curtain raiser for next season. 😂

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You need to grow up mate

sounds very much like what rangers fans said they would do when they were voted down 

You are no position to tell anyone to grow up.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This has feck all to do with SFA. No one wants relegated, but if this was Hamilton no-one would give a feck.

That statement up there says the SFA are going to give 4th spot and European place to Aberdeen. So they are involved in the process.

Nookie Bear
Just now, martoon said:

Apparently the semi's and final will be an August curtain raiser for next season. 😂

Would be a curtain closer as far as we are concerned. 

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Not for me, I won’t attend it if it does.

The Scottish Cup has nothing to do with the SPFL. 

Folk are all over the place here. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You need to grow up mate

rangers went down when they were liquidated.. we are being sent down so the Victims get their 9 in a row and Hamilton get their couple of hundred K..

Unacceptable. I’ll do what little  I can to ensure we hurt these clubs for the rest of time .. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m not really taken in by that to be honest. Might just be my lack of trust for most things these days.

They’ve avoided, quite cleverly, talking about the other end of the table, as that would be just far too obvious.

By focussing on the bottom of the league then can come over as all caring and looking after the game as a whole. All they’re really bothered about is either preventing Celtic getting the title, or it being tainted with a big bloody asterisk in the record books.

I reckon they’d vote against, simply based on that fact. It’s got sweet FA to do with sporting integrity or the bigger picture.

9-3 vote required and SPFL confident of this after canvassing clubs so presumably will be 10-2 with only us and Rangers voting against.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

9-3 vote required and SPFL confident of this after canvassing clubs so presumably will be 10-2 with only us and Rangers voting against.

Yep.  and im not even sure Rangers will vote against.  They need the money more than most.

33 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

and the pre-existing club had been liquidated!!!

Indeed. They were lucky that they got into the 3rd division. 

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unlikely we get straight into League 2. We would have to start at tier 10 in all probability. Bognor Regis Rangers etc. 

Exactly. I'd rather go to Dumbarton or Dumfries than some shithole in England. 

Enzo Chiefo

Surely the most sensible thing is for the SFA to distribute a down payment of prize money to all clubs right now. Ending the league right now purely ro distribute prize money is nonsensical. There is no need to make a decision on the league right now. The picture may well change in a few weeks. The German teams are back training, as is Jose Mourinho, and there may well be an opportunity to fulfil the remaining league fixtures in July and August before starting the new season in Sept. A decision can wait while initial payments are made to all clubs and adjusted accordingly at the end of the season. 

kingantti1874

Unlikely scenario Does anyone think that if rangers or Celtic were bottom this would happen?would it ****.

My god - some of our fans are the biggest pussies alive, it’s ok they are looking out for themselves - I’m fine with hearts getting shafted. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hibs might vote against. Unlikely however if they never it would undo any of that disgusting "bridge building" that Budge and Dempster have been working on over recent years.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

The Scottish Cup has nothing to do with the SPFL. 

Folk are all over the place here. 

It's still run by the GFA though. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Surely the most sensible thing is for the SFA to distribute a down payment of prize money to all clubs right now. Ending the league right now purely ro distribute prize money is nonsensical. There is no need to make a decision on the league right now. The picture may well change in a few weeks. The German teams are back training, as is Jose Mourinho, and there may well be an opportunity to fulfil the remaining league fixtures in July and August before starting the new season in Sept. A decision can wait while initial payments are made to all clubs and adjusted accordingly at the end of the season. 

Exactly. It’s way too soon to be making this kind of decision. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unlikely scenario Does anyone think that if rangers or Celtic were bottom this would happen?would it ****.

My god - some of our fans are the biggest pussies alive, it’s ok they are looking out for themselves - I’m fine with hearts getting shafted. 

They would never be bad enough to be bottom of the league on merit 

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've heard this pish getting trotted out a few times . 

Anybody with a brain would call this as unfair regardless of which team is bottom and when you factor in the fact that the team that  finished 11th is now exempt from facing a play off it compounds it . 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )