SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Yes but in the sort term, how are you going to fund playing teams in the Northern Combined counties league division 2 or whatever youd be placed into in tier 10?

Wont the players under contract have something to say about dropping down the leagues? Wont your income drop pretty drastically for 5 or 6 years minus TV money?

There will be a proportion of Hearts fans who wont agree to moving to England. Theres every chance English clubs and the FA wont accept it either.

You could merge with Burys pheonix club I suppose and use Grigg Lane if they wont let you use Tynecastle. Bit of a trek from Gorgie though eh?

Bury Hearts!   ---bit of an ominous ring to it.

Do you still expect 13k a week at that level? Youd be a minimum of 6 years to reach the football league.  

Gaining permission from English FA would surely be the first step and TV money in Scotland is negligible that loss of it would hardly be crippling (in terms of building a promotion winning side at that level)

One good run in the FA Cup would probably compensate and it would surely be about Hearts fans buying into the journey.

Anything has to be better than festering in the SPFL.

Edited by David McCaig

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

Changed my opinion quit Scottish football if we are sent down go down south and start at very bottom more rewarding in the long run 

Aye, great idea, let's start in the 10th division of the Northern English leagues and by 2120 we might be in the EPL.

:cornette:

24 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Livingston might consider that.

St Johnstone though will gain a tayside Derby versus United and we usually fill one stand and many times part of another one in games against them. 

St Johnstone are win win in 14 team league. They have us and United visiting them, probably twice. 

David McCaig
Just now, Cruyff said:

Aye, great idea, let's start in the 10th division of the Northern English leagues and by 2120 we might be in the EPL.

It would be Tier 10 of the overall pyramid.

Sorry if has been mentioned but what rule has this resolution been prepared under? Have we been told the basis upon which this is a 75% vote? Is any ‘potential’ reconstruction 75% or 11-1?

Working out the result is quite easy - how we got here has more questions.

Edited by Jammy T

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They didn’t have much clout when the majority voted to send them packing to the lower leagues. 

They did in fact. The other clubs allowed them to come into the fourth division as a ‘new’ club without coming through the pyramid. Wouldn’t have have been allowed for all but one other club. 

No one is relocating to the English league system in the short to medium term.

Pls kill that possibility immediately.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah **** that, we're a proud Scottish club and we belong in the Scottish leagues.

Ehllhayapeh
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

St Johnstone are win win in 14 team league. They have us and United visiting them, probably twice. 

Agreed. Which is why amongst other reasons a 14 team league is the best outcome.

24 minutes ago, pointon said:

Changed my opinion quit Scottish football if we are sent down go down south and start at very bottom more rewarding in the long run 

There's a space in League One going. 🤔

23 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Its not just because its Hearts but THE ONLY way to appease most teams is 2 teams getting promotion from all leagues and bringing the 2 teams up who were meant to playoff the Highland league/Lowland league - nothing is ever straightforward up here however 🙄

But your suggestion is very straightforward. 

19 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Rangers are proposing releasing the prize money to the teams but dont want the season to end?

Also want reconstruction talks and agreement that it’s unfair to relegate any clubs if season doesn’t finish. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah **** that, we're a proud Scottish club and we belong in the Scottish leagues.

Yeah, The Championship apparently.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think we can rule the ‘play in england, option out. 

Shooter McGavin

You can’t dish out prizes for competitions that haven’t ended yet. Would be the straw that breaks the camels back to a lot of people with regards to following Scottish football. 

But, even if Celtic were awarded the title prematurely, it’s important to remember they are still the victims here.  

Thunderstruck
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

14 team top league leaves Dundee and Ayr as very hot favourites for any promotion spots next season so they would probably accept it. Quickest way back to top div for Dundee requires reconstruction I think. 

I should have said “14 Team League” but, point taken, pragmatism will feature in decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

I'd rather join the Dutch league tbh. Away days would be much better. :stuart:

13 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Yes but in the sort term, how are you going to fund playing teams in the Northern Combined counties league division 2 or whatever youd be placed into in tier 10?

Wont the players under contract have something to say about dropping down the leagues? Wont your income drop pretty drastically for 5 or 6 years minus TV money?

There will be a proportion of Hearts fans who wont agree to moving to England. Theres every chance English clubs and the FA wont accept it either.

You could merge with Burys pheonix club I suppose and use Grigg Lane if they wont let you use Tynecastle. Bit of a trek from Gorgie though eh?

Bury Hearts!   ---bit of an ominous ring to it.

Do you still expect 13k a week at that level? Youd be a minimum of 6 years to reach the football league.  

Would need 7 or 8 seasons of promotion to get to League 2 in their pyramid. Not for me thanks. 

Class of 75
23 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Rangers are proposing releasing the prize money to the teams but dont want the season to end?

Sensible and best of both worlds. Although they will be motivated by denying Celtic the league. 

Stendelsarmy
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You can’t dish out prizes for competitions that haven’t ended yet. Would be the straw that breaks the camels back to a lot of people with regards to following Scottish football. 

But, even if Celtic were awarded the title prematurely, it’s important to remember they are still the victims here.  

Issue the prize money based on standings at the moment. Don't make any champion or relegate anyone

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Gaining permission from English FA would surely be the first step and TV money in Scotland is negligible that loss of it would hardly be crippling (in terms of building a promotion winning side at that level)

One good run in the FA Cup would probably compensate and it would surely be about Hearts fans buying into the journey.

Anything has to be better than festering in the SPFL.

Do you understand what the bottom tier of the English pyramid is?  That’s where we would have to start. 

David McCaig
Just now, Class of 75 said:

Sensible and best of both worlds. Although they will be motivated by denying Celtic the league. 

regardless of motivation, its still far and away the best solution.

Thunderstruck
43 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Well said Rangers!!

Agreed. Their new regime does seem to be switched on. 

39 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Game over.  just need to ensure we get some money.

When is the hobo getting launched?

Ronnie G as in Ron Gordon 

Then kickback turns up on Twitter so the hibs can have a good laugh.

My opinion is we fight this tooth and nail until someone goes into admin then we vote for the relagation idea lol

David McCaig
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Do you understand what the bottom tier of the English pyramid is?  That’s where we would have to start. 

Yes, its Tier 10.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Class of 75 said:

And they probably need the prize money more than any of the other 41 clubs!  The small matter of a £10m hole to plug.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It never fails to surprise me on here in terms of what some folk suggest. Hopefully they haven’t thought about it before they posted otherwise?????

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

No one knew for certain absolutely no one.

While people may have indicated their opinion it was just that.

And i would imagine Hearts are doing alot of work with lawyers behind the scenes.

The very first idea punted about just so happens to be the idea that we all stick with. It was clear that even before the shut down was confirmed that this was the route the SPFL wanted. I’d imagine that’s why Hearts have been so vocal about it from the start. 

David McCaig
Just now, soonbe110 said:

It never fails to surprise me on here in terms of what some folk suggest. Hopefully they haven’t thought about it before they posted otherwise?????

Its something to discuss whilst we wait on the SPFL vote... people do realise this is a discussion board and influences nothing in the real world.

10 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Agreed. Which is why amongst other reasons a 14 team league is the best outcome.

Absolutely. 

32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They didn’t get sent packing to the lower leagues, they were allowed entry into the 4th tier.  They didn’t even have membership of the SFA and had to get a temporary licence to allow them to play a diddy cup game, iirc, against Brechin.

The clubs voted against keeping them in the SPL (at the time) regardless of all their clout and threats. 

22 minutes ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

I'm clearly in the minority here but upon first reading I read that despite wanting the league played to a finish Rangers are prepared to vote for the proposal "For the Good of Scottish Football"

They then go on to discuss league reconstruction and i take from that that they wont be voting for it.

The statement finishes with them warning clubs (us?) not to rock the boat and to accept things,(relegation?) again, "for the good of Scottish football.

Hopefully I've read it wrong but no "Good Statement" comments from me just yet...

Thats how i read it.   The wording is weird.

38 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He’s actually vouched for by someone though, I believe. Still not buying it though, not for one second. 

Makes it even worse/weirder. 

If we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again. 

Give it to the smaller clubs in the football league on our journey back. 

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is announced!

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I think some folk believe we would just saunter into League 2 and it would be a doddle all the way to the Championship. Clearly not the case when there's sides like Bradford, Coventry, Sunderland with huge supports etc... Pissing around in the lower divisions. 

14 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Sorry if has been mentioned but what rule has this resolution been prepared under? Have we been told the basis upon which this is a 75% vote? Is any ‘potential’ reconstruction 75% or 11-1?

Working out the result is quite easy - how we got here has more questions.

75%

gashauskis9
8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yep.  Because of this pesky life threatening disease, they won’t get to parade the trophy or claim the quadruple treble.

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It all depends who you believe.

yup and I find it hard to believe any of them as most will have their own agendas

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The clubs voted against keeping them in the SPL (at the time) regardless of all their clout and threats. 

Aye because they had cheated everyone in the league for a decade. This is a different box of frogs entirely. 

1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

If we are voted down then we should hit the other 11 clubs where it hurts and make sure that they never receive the maroon pound again. 

Give it to the smaller clubs in the football league on our journey back. 

When Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell all go out of business and they regret relegating us, hell mend them!!

Naismith, Walker, Soutar, Berra, Uche etc should all tell the SFA to bolt when the next Scotland squad is announced!

Is this for real?? First part sounds a bit sevco to me!! The last bit is mental uche for Scotland!!!!! 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Aye because they had cheated everyone in the league for a decade. This is a different box of frogs entirely. 

and the pre-existing club had been liquidated!!!

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Is this for real?? First part sounds a bit sevco to me!! The last bit is mental uche for Scotland!!!!! 

Must be trolling or absolutely pished. Even Berra and Walker for Scotland is laughable!

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

I won’t be going back to another Scottish ground if these shitty little clubs bite us down .. any hearts fan with a spine will follow..

rangers excluded given the position they have taken

Budge going from saving us to killing us in 5 years is some doing to be fair to her. Hopefully the nursery and the skyboxes are alright. 

34 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

....and!?

We have pissed away millions in wages on players that have been given 3 and 4 year deals and sent out on loan for the majority of that....

We really need to start learning to use our money more wisely, rather than throw it away on shyte we all know before a ball is kicked, provide no value for money....being more conservative with a lesser amount is a good thing in our predicament...look at the value for money Livi get out their players....extra millions has meant **** all at Hearts for a number of years now....

Better to not be relegated and be more conservative with more money. We need to spend our money more wisely but voluntarily taking in less money is a ****ing stupid idea and will have zero positive impact.

Nookie Bear
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I won’t be going back to another Scottish ground if these shitty little clubs bite us down .. any hearts fan with a spine will follow..

rangers excluded given the position they have taken

I’m with you and, following a straw

poll amongst mates, we are not alone. 

Some are refusing to go and the others are going simply to cause bother. 

Marvellous. 

Class of 75
11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

regardless of motivation, its still far and away the best solution.

Yes agree. 👍I was just pointing out their reasoning 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )