SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Game changer. No way proposal will get through now with two of country’s biggest clubs against it. Just waiting for the Celtic statement now. 
Rangers proposal is so much common sense that it makes it even more clear that Doncaster and his team should be emptied. 

It doesn’t matter how big the clubs are.  Clubs will vote independently in the best interests of themselves. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Thunderstruck

For me, play to a finish is the only outcome that has any integrity. The fall-out from that may be the shortening or cancellation of 20/21 but that is a lesser evil and trivial when taken in context of the reason behind this issue. 

That aside, it’s not as if reconstruction doesn’t bring difficulties. For example, does ICT take the 12th spot if it’s a 12 team league? How does that sit with the teams sitting within striking distance of being 2nd. Nine points cover second to seventh with between 24 and 30pts to play for. 

The Championship Table is interesting, Partick could be relegated when it is arithmetically  possible for them to be in a play-off place. Very unlikely but not impossible. There is a recent history of late rallies getting teams out of the mire. 

4904B8FA-1362-445E-8325-393D506F43BC.jpeg

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

That has got to be the most dignified and decent staement from Statement FC ever...Jabba has clearly gone then.  But Sevco stating that they hope and want to work together for the benefit for all clubs.......Common sense shockerooonie

Credit where credit is due wll done Rangers FC....I am speachless,  Its Hannable Lecter promoting Veganism

Ok maybe being a bit churlish but could it be they are desperate for the dosh.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t believe he is. I believe he has just fooled a lot of people in to believing he is, by acting like one at every available opportunity. He’s getting his kicks.

This.  I actually keep him off ignore because it’s incredible the amount of bites he gets all the time. 

It’s simple. The games aren’t completed and don’t look likely to be completed, pay out prize money for finishing positions and promote 2 teams from each league below, 14 team top league next year.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I second that. For me if the League cannot be brought to a conclusion then it has to be null and void. No different to the Scottish Cup where if no games can be played this season that will be declared null and void also. 

Just award the Scottish Cup to Celtic too.  After all they would have probably won it and that’s how we dish out trophies now.

Ehllhayapeh
14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Hoping Livingston and St.Johnstone might help us out and vote against finishing the league as it stands.  Both those teams would miss out on a bumper gate against us next season. Sensible thing would be to promote Kelty and Brora into League 2 and promote the top 2 clubs in each division whilst scrapping relagation.  A 14 team top flight next season which splits 6/8 after 26 matches.  The bottom clubs might not like losing 1 home old firm match but they would benefit from and extra home gate.  Plus an expanded top tier means less chance of relegation for them in future seasons. 

Livingston might consider that.

St Johnstone though will gain a tayside Derby versus United and we usually fill one stand and many times part of another one in games against them. 

Rabbie_Burns
7 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Game over.  just need to ensure we get some money.

I know several fans of other top team clubs who genuinely don't want to see Hearts being unfairly relegated here

Why is it that you are so determined this should happen Ronnie ?

Edited by Rabbie_Burns

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t underestimate the clout Rangers have at some clubs. We now have two of the country’s biggest clubs saying they are against it. Unlikely to go through now. Rangers proposal gives the clubs the same financial boost without calling the leagues. Lots of clubs will support Rangers counter proposal, certainly enough of them to scupper Doncaster’s proposal. 

They didn’t have much clout when the majority voted to send them packing to the lower leagues. 

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

CONSIDERING the current circumstances and increased speculation surrounding the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on Scottish football, we felt it is incumbent that we provide clarity in relation to our position.

For the avoidance of doubt, Rangers firmly believe that the 2019/20 season is only complete when all 38 games have been played to a finish.

Nevertheless, we are conscious of the ongoing financial hardships faced by many clubs within the Scottish game. No business is immune from the impact of Coronavirus and we were proud of our players and senior staff’s voluntary decision to defer their wages to ensure job security for their colleagues at Ibrox. Furthermore, many clubs urgently require financial support to maintain cash flow and allow them to survive this current impasse so they can return to normal business when the current government lockdown is relaxed. It is important to recognise that these clubs across all the leagues are now in a financially precarious situation.

As a club, Rangers will immediately propose a member’s resolution which would release prize money to be distributed to all clubs throughout Scotland urgently. We believe that this is the priority in the present circumstances. It is vital to show respect for all clubs across the Scottish game, regardless of league position or financial standing. We must work together with a unity of purpose for the betterment of the Scottish game.

We are also acutely aware of other issues which are less pressing but, are forming key parts of the football narrative in Scotland. Nothing is more important than protecting the future of every club in Scotland as we are cognisant that this has a direct impact upon people’s livelihoods. It is abhorrent that certain clubs could be unfairly relegated if the current SPFL proposals were implemented. We must future proof the Scottish game.

Any restructure of the SPFL or other solutions to the current impasse must be afforded time to scrutinise in detail and consider all options. The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game.

Scottish football must work together for the common good of every club, their staff and supporters. Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms. We must allow decisions to be made in a rational, fair and balanced manner.

In the meantime, we expect clubs to support our member’s resolution which will provide financial support to those who need it most.

Exactly. HMFC should now fully align with this statement. Celtic FC are so used to getting their own way . Not this time Mr Lawell and your poodle Doncaster. Let’s fight.

Just now, Last Laff said:

This.  I actually keep him off ignore because it’s incredible the amount of bites he gets all the time. 

He’s actually vouched for by someone though, I believe. Still not buying it though, not for one second. 

Footballfirst
34 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

FF 

What is the voting structure on the initial proposal to pass.

I vote per club

75% for motion to pass

So 32 (edit 33) yesses and the leagues cease as proposed with notably Hearts relegated and Hamilton not to go to a play off, subhect to restructure.

And then how does the restructure vote work?

Same 1 vote per club, 75% to pass?

Is there any division specific voting?

75% of prem clubs to vote in favour (9)

75% of champ clubs to vote in favour (8)

75 % of League 1 + 2 combined (15)

maroonlegions
Just now, RonnieG said:

Maybe im missing something in the statement.  

What's that then Ronnie boy..

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

They didn’t have much clout when the majority voted to send them packing to the lower leagues. 

The fans did, in that instance. 

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Livingston might consider that.

St Johnstone though will gain a tayside Derby versus United and we usually fill one stand and many times part of another one in games against them. 

Good point. 

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, tian447 said:

Feels wrong, doesn't it?  They are bang on the money though.

Its so well articulated it has to be fake?   It does make sense and regardless of their motives where they will need the money to be released just the same as the next club, it should not detract from being a highly recomended statement.  I bet Lawwell is only the blower to Doncaster as we speak.  That statement is just what was needed.

Its like Trump not acting a total bellend.....I have woken up in the wrong universe

Fort Vallance

If we hadn't bottled the last game against St Mirren they would have found it much harder to relegate us. Only one point behind with 24 to play for would have been harder to justify. 

Changed my opinion quit Scottish football if we are sent down go down south and start at very bottom more rewarding in the long run 

gashauskis9
Just now, Fort Vallance said:

If we hadn't bottled the last game against St Mirren they would have found it much harder to relegate us. Only one point behind with 24 to play for would have been harder to justify. 

Isn’t helping Partick, who would go 2nd bottom if they won their game in hand. 

22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So what

we are currently the worst team in the league.

Irrelevant unless you are bottom when all the games are completed.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

If we had beaten St Mirren, St Mirren would be bottom!!!

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

What's that then Ronnie boy..

Are they supporting keeping us up?  Or are we assuming that unfair relegation means us and not Partick for example?

Hans von Luck
Just now, pointon said:

Changed my opinion quit Scottish football if we are sent down go down south and start at very bottom more rewarding in the long run 

Decent idea, less corrupt and non bias referees

Its not just because its Hearts but THE ONLY way to appease most teams is 2 teams getting promotion from all leagues and bringing the 2 teams up who were meant to playoff the Highland league/Lowland league - nothing is ever straightforward up here however 🙄

Class of 75
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just award the Scottish Cup to Celtic too.  After all they would have probably won it and that’s how we dish out trophies now.

Shocking and corrupt

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They didn’t get sent packing to the lower leagues, they were allowed entry into the 4th tier.  They didn’t even have membership of the SFA and had to get a temporary licence to allow them to play a diddy cup game, iirc, against Brechin.

gashauskis9
Just now, pointon said:

I think all the teams that are being disadvantaged (us, Rangers, Dundee, Inverness etc) should just form a splinter league.  I’m sure Partick and Dundee etc would financially lap up the idea of playing us and Rangers 4 times a season.  

2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Wouldn’t matter if it was 15 points. Mathematically we’d still have a chance. You can’t relegate teams that aren’t relegated yet.

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

This

If we go to court, wait til a week before season starts and try and get an interdict (?) so that they can’t start season if that’s possible. **** up their fixtures, tv scheduling, etc. I doubt they’d want that.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We would lose millions of £ in revenue. :facepalm:

....and!?

We have pissed away millions in wages on players that have been given 3 and 4 year deals and sent out on loan for the majority of that....

We really need to start learning to use our money more wisely, rather than throw it away on shyte we all know before a ball is kicked, provide no value for money....being more conservative with a lesser amount is a good thing in our predicament...look at the value for money Livi get out their players....extra millions has meant **** all at Hearts for a number of years now....

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

It’s simple. The games aren’t completed and don’t look likely to be completed, pay out prize money for finishing positions and promote 2 teams from each league below, 14 team top league next year.

I agree. 

People can debate the loss of OF games etc, etc if that happens but this is an unprecedented situation that requires some give & take to reach a settlement. There's almost no way to satisfy all clubs in all divisions  in any scenario. 

The league is voided, it wasn't played to a completion but if the SPFL & member clubs want to award the title to Celtic then that's in their power, just get on with it .  But I'm not having Hearts relegated. No way. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

Rangers are proposing releasing the prize money to the teams but dont want the season to end?

They need the money. Clearly. 

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

....and!?

We have pissed away millions in wages on players that have been given 3 and 4 year deals and sent out on loan for the majority of that....

We really need to start learning to use our money more wisely, rather than throw it away on shyte we all know before a ball is kicked, provide no value for money....being more conservative with a lesser amount is a good thing in our predicament...look at the value for money Livi get out their players....extra millions has meant **** all at Hearts for a number of years now....

And? :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

It's completely unacceptable, on any principle, to award a tournament which hasn't been won to the leading contender and relegate last place. It might be unlikely that someone else could win and it might be unlikely that we could stay up but the thing isn't finished and anything could happen.  This should be fought to the last breath.

Really would make a mockery of sporting integrity.

What about next season? Why bother playing 38 games since we’re arguing that after 30 you can announce a winner and relegate a loser, claiming that it’s fair, and the last 8 games make no difference. 

Even if the league gets extended and we stay up I hope Hearts go full on petty arsehole mode and refuse tickets for away games for any club that voted for us to get shafted.

Just now, Cruyff said:

And? :facepalm:

So you think cutting our cloth accordingly and being more frugile is the end, curtains, the world is about to stop turning eh 🤣😂

If only there had been a recent example of us being in the 2nd tier and it not going well for us......if only.... 🤔🤔🤔

Auldreekie1874

I'm clearly in the minority here but upon first reading I read that despite wanting the league played to a finish Rangers are prepared to vote for the proposal "For the Good of Scottish Football"

They then go on to discuss league reconstruction and i take from that that they wont be voting for it.

The statement finishes with them warning clubs (us?) not to rock the boat and to accept things,(relegation?) again, "for the good of Scottish football.

Hopefully I've read it wrong but no "Good Statement" comments from me just yet...

Edited by Auldreekie1874

Ehllhayapeh
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

Yes but in the sort term, how are you going to fund playing teams in the Northern Combined counties league division 2 or whatever youd be placed into in tier 10?

Wont the players under contract have something to say about dropping down the leagues? Wont your income drop pretty drastically for 5 or 6 years minus TV money?

There will be a proportion of Hearts fans who wont agree to moving to England. Theres every chance English clubs and the FA wont accept it either.

You could merge with Burys pheonix club I suppose and use Grigg Lane if they wont let you use Tynecastle. Bit of a trek from Gorgie though eh?

Bury Hearts!   ---bit of an ominous ring to it.

Do you still expect 13k a week at that level? Youd be a minimum of 6 years to reach the football league.  

18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It doesn’t matter how big the clubs are.  Clubs will vote independently in the best interests of themselves. 

For the majority of clubs the Rangers proposal is exactly the same finance wise BUT it also gives them the opportunity for reconstruction which also benefits many of them. If you are correct SPFL proposal is doomed and Rangers proposal gets through. 

Just now, GavK1012 said:

So you think cutting our cloth accordingly and being more frugile is the end, curtains, the world is about to stop turning eh 🤣😂

If only there had been a recent example of us being in the 2nd tier and it not going well for us......if only.... 🤔🤔🤔

Anyone who believes that losing millions of £ in revenue is a good thing is clearly not the full ticket. You should know better Gav, I thought you worked in a bank. 

32 minutes ago, alfamonkey said:

If cash flow is the apparent biggest issue and the need to release prize money to save some clubs in short term, then why not release the money to the clubs based on current League position, complete the season when we can, then true the prize money up from the following season’s award ?

If contract expiry extension is not dealt with centrally via FIFA then contracts etc will sort themselves out due to market forces (the holy mother of all transfer deadline day in the proposed new period pre start up).

Our precarious position aside, the politics and agendas in this type of vote are to numerous to properly predict or calculate - that’s the real issue. 

That’s what Rangers are proposing basically. 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Irrelevant unless you are bottom when all the games are completed.

Ignore the poster he posts  shite all the time.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

If we go to court, wait til a week before season starts and try and get an interdict (?) so that they can’t start season if that’s possible. **** up their fixtures, tv scheduling, etc. I doubt they’d want that.

That would be lovely.

5 minutes ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

I'm clearly in the minority here but upon first reading I read that despite wanting the league played to a finish Rangers are prepared to vote for the proposal "For the Good of Scottish Football"

They then go on to discuss league reconstruction and i take from that that they wont be voting for it.

The statement finishes with them warning clubs (us?) not to rock the boat and to accept things,(relegation?) again, "for the good of Scottish football.

Hopefully I've read it wrong but no "Good Statement" comments from me just yet...

Not how I read it, the bit about being abhorent about any team being relegated in these circumstances  pointed me towards them challenging it but I could well be wrong.

Edited by steve123

22 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

For me, play to a finish is the only outcome that has any integrity. The fall-out from that may be the shortening or cancellation of 20/21 but that is a lesser evil and trivial when taken in context of the reason behind this issue. 

That aside, it’s not as if reconstruction doesn’t bring difficulties. For example, does ICT take the 12th spot if it’s a 12 team league? How does that sit with the teams sitting within striking distance of being 2nd. Nine points cover second to seventh with between 24 and 30pts to play for. 

The Championship Table is interesting, Partick could be relegated when it is arithmetically  possible for them to be in a play-off place. Very unlikely but not impossible. There is a recent history of late rallies getting teams out of the mire. 

4904B8FA-1362-445E-8325-393D506F43BC.jpeg

14 team top league leaves Dundee and Ayr as very hot favourites for any promotion spots next season so they would probably accept it. Quickest way back to top div for Dundee requires reconstruction I think. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )