SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

A_A wehatethehibs

Was obvious since day 1 they would be totally focused on finding some way to make sure Hearts go down, and making up some sham rules to make it seem fair.  

Get the lawyers involved and sue the arse off the SPFL. Bankrupt these blazer clowns. We reject the relegation outright, we will happily get relegated fairly on the pitch, we accept that because it is fair, the league does not lie after a fair and equal number of games have been played. We accept relegation on the terms all clubs agree to but we do NOT accept it based on some arbitrary decision by corrupt blazer pricks and opposition clubs votes ESPECIALLY when the clubs in 4th and 11th directly benefit from the decision, what is basically a complete reversal of the rules all clubs agreed to, and the clubs in playoff positions below get shafted as well.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

julienbrellier

Can´t see this passing the premier league vote if it goes to that. Budge will also take the matter to court which will delay it by months potentially. The SPL will be aware of this. It is either league reconstruction or they play out the season no matter how much it delays the new season.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The playoff is scrapped in all the other leagues.  Who would they play off against? 

If they're calling it as it stands the playoff should obv be with Caley . 

Funny Hamilton have representation at a high level and the playoffs are scraped with them in the play off position . 

If we get shafted I'm out along with the family, that's how serious this is getting with a lot of fans . 

Threes a point of principle here. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Was obvious since day 1 they would be totally focused on finding some way to make sure Hearts go down, and making up some sham rules to make it seem fair.  

Get the lawyers involved and sue the arse off the SPFL. Bankrupt these blazer clowns. We reject the relegation outright, we will happily get relegated fairly on the pitch, we accept that because it is fair, the league does not lie after a fair and equal number of games have been played. We accept relegation on the terms all clubs agree to but we do NOT accept it based on some arbitrary decision by corrupt blazer pricks and opposition clubs votes ESPECIALLY when the clubs in 4th and 11th directly benefit from the decision, what is basically a complete reversal of the rules all clubs agreed to, and the clubs in playoff positions below get shafted as well.

I agree clubs voting levels are pitched at a level to guarantee success

Relegate us before season end, here's your bill for £10m.

Feck it. £100m.   Bankrupt them.

Edited by DETTY29

Guess The Crowd
22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I keep coming back to the same point   They can't relegate us without Hamilton having to play off for their position in the league . 

Anything else is a carve up . Surely Budge is making this point ?

This 

3 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

This 

They can though going by the latest news can they not? If the championship and below vote for the proposals of the season ending as it is, then that includes no playoffs. That would then obviously keep them in the top flight. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If they're calling it as it stands the playoff should obv be with Caley . 

Funny Hamilton have representation at a high level and the playoffs are scraped with them in the play off position . 

If we get shafted I'm out along with the family, that's how serious this is getting with a lot of fans . 

Threes a point of principle here. 

when do you suggest they play the playoffs?  They are voting for all all football to stop by either voiding or calling it as it stands.  There’s no football going to be played at all in this season including the playoffs in the lower leagues.  Reconstruction or hoping the top league plays behind closed doors is the only hope IF the vote doesn’t go our way. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Mort said:

They can though going by the latest news can they not? If the championship and below vote for the proposals of the season ending as it is, then that includes no playoffs. That would then obviously keep them in the top flight. 

Why would the 3 clubs in play-off positions in the Championship vote to scrap the play-offs?

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

As predicted. We will be relegated and then league reconstruction straight away. 

Doubt it. Many clubs in top league won’t vote for reconstruction if league is already called. Certainly no reason for Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell or Aberdeen to support reconstruction if league positions and uefa places already guaranteed. If so, no chance of getting 75% in favour in top league. 

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Why would the 3 clubs in play-off positions in the Championship vote to scrap the play-offs?

Ignore that.  Fair point. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

They won’t but several other clubs will vote to end the season as is. 

I think AB will be working with the league to agree a ballon payment (larger than normal).  Reconstruction has almost zero chance. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

I think AB will be working with the league to agree a ballon payment (larger than normal).  Reconstruction has almost zero chance. 

You seriously think that the SPFL has £5-10M sitting in its back pocket!!

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

when do you suggest they play the playoffs?  They are voting for all all football to stop by either voiding or calling it as it stands.  There’s no football going to be played at all in this season including the playoffs in the lower leagues.  Reconstruction or hoping the top league plays behind closed doors is the only hope IF the vote doesn’t go our way. 

Look m8 I'm not getting into a debate  with you . We either stick to the rules , relegate Hearts and Hamilton face a playoff or we do neither . We don't just do one without the other . How they achieve that is their problem. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Mort said:

They won’t but several other clubs will vote to end the season as is. 

Those 3 + Partick would mean that the resolution didn't pass in the Championship.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Ann Budge can **** off if she’s even thinking of accepting it.

This. 

Sue the *******s. 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Look m8 I'm not getting into a debate  with you . We either stick to the rules , relegate Hearts and Hamilton face a playoff or we do neither . We don't just do one without the other . How they achieve that is their problem. 

👍

julienbrellier

I will happily donate money if it means mounting a huge court case against the SPFL if there is an attempt to relegate us. we should be trying to bankrupt the league if this happens.

If it does happen we should ban away fans completely when we return to the SPL for any teams that vote for us to go down. There should also be a refusal to attend away matches from all Hearts fans.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Those 3 + Partick would mean that the resolution didn't pass in the Championship.

Playing devils advocate here, would it not depend on the proposition.

If it's end the season now and get the appropriate payments, some clubs may not opt to gamble to wait and see if they can keep going and gain promotion.

Paisley Jambo
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looks like a stitch up.

There you go vote on it

If you want it to finish it on average points, no play offs

We might consider reconstruction

But that's another vote you need 75% for

So onus handed neatly over to the clubs, better have good lawyers for this, otherwise its down to the clubs to recognize that this is a change in the rules, with self preservation top of the agenda, looks like Championship football next season.

I think I am done with football to be honest

Final sentence is exactly thoughts I have.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

What Ann will do will very much depend on the legal advice she is given. If she’s told we are pretty unlikely to win any case/arbitration then it’s pointless wasting any more money on it given the likely costs. 

55 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Pretty sure if it relegates us they'll vote in favour regardless

And they lose to home games against us next season! Cutting off their noses to spite their face if they vote us down 

There will be no legal case. We have signed up to the articles of association with the league. If part of those articles allows for this vote to take place (and one would have to assume it does) then the outcome would need to be respected by all member clubs. Ergo creek and no paddle.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

An inderdict will be in the post.

kingantti1874

Hearts fans must to do everything in our limited power to hit every club in the pocket should this go through.  Even if it’s only a token gesture 

1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

I will happily donate money if it means mounting a huge court case against the SPFL if there is an attempt to relegate us. we should be trying to bankrupt the league if this happens.

If it does happen we should ban away fans completely when we return to the SPL for any teams that vote for us to go down. There should also be a refusal to attend away matches from all Hearts fans.

Which court?  People keep saying we will take them to court.  Yet there are no examples of teams doing it.  AB will be looking at all options but my view (which is only a guess) is that she will be agreeing a league one off payment to accept going down.  One up one down - no play offs. All teams compensated.

58 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Why would they miss out?  They'll get a place for finishing 4th.

4th Place is for cup winners which could be us or Hibs. Is that another rule they are just going to change to suit the OF? 

jamboinglasgow

So its a "vote for this and we will consider a discussion for league restructuring." Once again the SPFL trying to find a way to screw us and make Celtic champions but dangle an empty promise to get clubs to vote for it.

David McCaig

If they force relegation on us we should quit the SPFL for the English Northern League and work our way up from there.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

4th Place is for cup winners which could be us or Hibs. Is that another rule they are just going to change to suit the OF? 

They will need to declare the cup winners before the UEFA deadline to put forward the clubs for competition.  I don’t think the Scottish Cup is going to be played before that. 

13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Money now, however you make a good point. If it’s for football reasons only then ICT, Ayr, Dundee, Thistle should all vote against. Same in leagues 1 and 2 

Just now, Last Laff said:

They will need to declare the cup winners before the UEFA deadline to put forward the clubs for competition.  I don’t think the Scottish Cup is going to be played before that. 

So, as I said, changing the rules to suit. 

David McCaig
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

So its a "vote for this and we will consider a discussion for league restructuring." Once again the SPFL trying to find a way to screw us and make Celtic champions but dangle an empty promise to get clubs to vote for it.

You would need to zip up the back to believe any of that.

Any resolution proposed has to be fully boxed including reconstruction.

David McCaig
Just now, soonbe110 said:

We are being screwed over on an epic scale here,

Paint the town maroon
15 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

they are not voting to scrap it they are either voting to null and void or call it. Null and void has big financial implications. 

We are donald ducked. SPFL have played a blinder to close this down in hindsight but unfortunately and unfairly we are the fall guys.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Paint the town maroon said:

they are not voting to scrap it they are either voting to null and void or call it. Null and void has big financial implications. 

We are donald ducked. SPFL have played a blinder to close this down in hindsight but unfortunately and unfairly we are the fall guys.

They are calling the League standings but proposing to scrap the play-offs.

Clerry Jambo

'Long way to go until the endgame'

d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

The time for talking is almost at an end. The moment for clubs to make up their minds about how they see the future is now at hand. With a deadline of 5pm on Friday being set for the return of voting slips from all 42 senior clubs we will soon have clarity on what’s going on with the Championship, League One and League Two.

Some skin and hair will fly, but those leagues will be called in short order. That’s the direction of travel. The unlocking of end-of-season payments to cash-strapped clubs will be the determining factor.

image.gif.d8405491ea3eb81f54b3bf553abacae9.gif
SNSCopyright: SNS

Where the three lower leagues will go, the Premiership will surely follow. The SPFL has given itself some breathing space on the calling of the Premiership. But, once more, the mood among the majority is to call it. There’s some chat to be had with Uefa about this. 

Hence the stalling by the SPFL. Celtic, in particular, will want a guarantee from the governing body that the calling of the Premiership will not remove them from Champions League qualification next season.

The way it’s looking, this season is done. Celtic will be champions, Hearts will be relegated. Promotion and demotion will be settled on the tables as they exist right now. But that’s only phase one. 

Phase two will be an immediate conversation about league reconstruction in time for next season. There’s a long way to go before we get to the endgame in all of this.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think cancelling the league and nobody attending any football suits anyone.  It’s a decision based on the global situation.  When it comes to cup winners/uefa places I think the Spfl will follow suit to the rest of Europe. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You would need to zip up the back to believe any of that.

Any resolution proposed has to be fully boxed including reconstruction.

Exactly, if I was a club who was doubtful and wanting reconstruction, I would be looking for concrete assurances, possibly legal ones for a vote in favour.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

'Long way to go until the endgame'

d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

The time for talking is almost at an end. The moment for clubs to make up their minds about how they see the future is now at hand. With a deadline of 5pm on Friday being set for the return of voting slips from all 42 senior clubs we will soon have clarity on what’s going on with the Championship, League One and League Two.

Some skin and hair will fly, but those leagues will be called in short order. That’s the direction of travel. The unlocking of end-of-season payments to cash-strapped clubs will be the determining factor.

image.gif.d8405491ea3eb81f54b3bf553abacae9.gif
SNSCopyright: SNS

Where the three lower leagues will go, the Premiership will surely follow. The SPFL has given itself some breathing space on the calling of the Premiership. But, once more, the mood among the majority is to call it. There’s some chat to be had with Uefa about this. 

Hence the stalling by the SPFL. Celtic, in particular, will want a guarantee from the governing body that the calling of the Premiership will not remove them from Champions League qualification next season.

The way it’s looking, this season is done. Celtic will be champions, Hearts will be relegated. Promotion and demotion will be settled on the tables as they exist right now. But that’s only phase one. 

Phase two will be an immediate conversation about league reconstruction in time for next season. There’s a long way to go before we get to the endgame in all of this.

So Hearts would be screwed over again, as we can't realistically sell Season Tickets until we know which division we are in.

I pay £500 for a Platinum ST for Premier League Football which covers 19 home games including 6 category A matches

What price an 18 game ticket for 2nd tier football and no Category A matches?

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts fans must to do everything in our limited power to hit every club in the pocket should this go through.  Even if it’s only a token gesture 

Dont go to away games, including in the Championship.

Our away crowds v. Hamilton, St. Mirren, Ross County etc.  No brainer for them how to vote.

When back in top league same.  For TV games open up all the Tynecastle suites and make second floor a bar.

5 and 3 quid entrance fee.

Les Gray and Stewart Gilmour notably  get it tight at Tynecastle.

Edited by DETTY29

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Which court?  People keep saying we will take them to court.  Yet there are no examples of teams doing it.  AB will be looking at all options but my view (which is only a guess) is that she will be agreeing a league one off payment to accept going down.  One up one down - no play offs. All teams compensated.

It isn't the impossible mission you seem to think, Sheffield Utd went to the high court after they were relegated unfairly.

Personally I'd favour a civil claim for lost income, which is likely to be a 7 figure sum that the spfl cant afford to defend, it would make them shit a brick and seek compromise. 

The only reason that this proposal will go through is financial ie SPFL will release cash to clubs right away. Might be the difference between some clubs surviving or not, who knows. 
From a purely football or sporting integrity perspective Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livi and Hearts should oppose in top league. Each of them potentially lose out on either titles, uefa places, relegation and definitely prize money as a result of this proposal. 
In the Championship ICT, Dundee, Ayr, Dunfermline Arbroath all miss out on promotion opportunity whilst Thistle are relegated with 9 games left 
In League 1 Falkirk potentially miss out on title and promotion, and Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife miss out on promotion opportunity with Stranraer relegated with 9 games left

In league 2 Edinburgh City, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and Queens Park miss out on promotion opportunity

Lowland and Highland leagues have both Brora and Kelty missing out on promotion opportunity without even having a vote on it. 

Seems to me it’s all about money or integrity - which way will it go?  Not holding my breath. 

Just now, Smithee said:

It isn't the impossible mission you seem to think, Sheffield Utd went to the high court after they were relegated unfairly.

Personally I'd favour a civil claim for lost income, which is likely to be a 7 figure sum that the spfl cant afford to defend, it would make them shit a brick and seek compromise. 

Correct, and perhaps freezing the bank account of the SPFL until said court case might change some minds.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The only reason that this proposal will go through is financial ie SPFL will release cash to clubs right away. Might be the difference between some clubs surviving or not, who knows. 
From a purely football or sporting integrity perspective Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livi and Hearts should oppose in top league. Each of them potentially lose out on either titles, uefa places, relegation and definitely prize money as a result of this proposal. 
In the Championship ICT, Dundee, Ayr, Dunfermline Arbroath all miss out on promotion opportunity whilst Thistle are relegated with 9 games left 
In League 1 Falkirk potentially miss out on title and promotion, and Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife miss out on promotion opportunity with Stranraer relegated with 9 games left

In league 2 Edinburgh City, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and Queens Park miss out on promotion opportunity

Lowland and Highland leagues have both Brora and Kelty missing out on promotion opportunity without even having a vote on it. 

Seems to me it’s all about money or integrity - which way will it go?  Not holding my breath. 

In which case lets hope we can get an injunction delaying payment and tie this up in the Legal System.  Hopefully a couple of the clubs die whilst waiting.

I also hope we have complete transparency on how clubs voted!!

Edited by David McCaig

Why do we have to have an agreement on ending the league before having one for possible reconstruction?

Cant we just do both and agree to call the season and restructure?

I wouldnt trust any of the ****ers to agree to the  league is as it stands and relegation applies and then sit down about reconstruction sensibly.

Once the league is done and they get their cash they wont give a monkeys.

And the playoffs just disappear ?

Surely the fact they are apply some rules and not others would work in our favour if taking to CAS.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )