SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave Cormack moaning about Scottish Government refusing a 1000 capacity test event for Celtic game. 

He must think moaning will help. 

i bet lawell/doncaster has told him to say that

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Certainly seems clubs should be testing their youth players so they can be back up.

Again though SPFL haven't thought it through. 

Interestingly Alex Dyer said he would refuse to play a primarily youth team anyway as it could be mentally damaging if they got hammered.

As evidenced I suppose when they were comfortably beaten 3.0 by Dunfermline.

I really can't see when a club is taking this stance, that forfeits haven't already been factored in to SPFL rules.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Interestingly Alex Dyer said he would refuse to play a primarily youth team anyway as it could be mentally damaging if they got hammered.

I really can't see when a club is taking this stance, that forfeits haven't already been factored in to SPFL rules.

Awww diddums 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Certainly seems clubs should be testing their youth players so they can be back up.

Again though SPFL haven't thought it through. 

The worrying thing is they have!  Doncaster has earned his £400k salary by quoting the UEFA rule book, not coming to a rule based on if, then, else.   It should be if this happens then postponement such as the bus driver has spread it through the team.  or if your players have been to the pub or Spain then that was avoidable so 3-0.  And as its been pointed out if you only test a small mumber of your squad.  then tough thats your own fault!.

We still test when we dont have to, but it will ensure we can reach the 13 players rule, other clubs not testing then it should be 3-0.

I still think our squad gets split into 2 iscolation groups until after the last test before a match

But as you have said the SPFL just dont do common sense and think it through

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Aye, that was a primary concern from the authorities when they slapped a transfer ban on us and effectively made us play our U20's when Lockey was manager.

Take your medicine Alex!

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Abergreen have been more than happy to take the celtic boaby for years now they like to think they are linked in their hatred of Rangers somehow - its all very embarassing but snakey Cormack and their fans lap it up 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Aye, that was a primary concern from the authorities when they slapped a transfer ban on us and effectively made us play our U20's when Lockey was manager.

Take your medicine Alex!

And, that team would not have been in an automatic relegation place if it wasn't for the points deduction.

So it doesn't really cut any mustard.

Plus this year, other teams will be in same position.

The fact that they didn't sort out the rules for games affected by covid as soon as the league was stopped due to covid, didn't sort it out during the summer (wasn't there a group set up to deal with this?), didn't sort it out after the aberdeen and celtic debacle, and now, months into the season, still haven't sorted it, would be incredible if it wasn't the spfl.

Every club must know that the priority in the SPFL approach is that games are played.

But it's going to be very controversial when it might mean relegation. They need clear guidelines for every situation. Though I would have thought that would be obvious to do from the start. 

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Take your medicine Alex!

What particularly sticks in the craw re that situation is that a year or so earlier, the new Rangers club were allowed a grace transfer window to sign players before their ban came into effect and of course even with the ban, they were signing the likes of Jon Daily and Nicky Law on pre-contracts which came into effect after the window had closed.

47 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

No doubt whatsoever, they take it in turns, so as not to suggest that it is an OF mandate. Like when Leanne was spouting about needing a bale out from the SG even although they were buying players.

Hagar the Horrible
36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every club must know that the priority in the SPFL approach is that games are played.

But it's going to be very controversial when it might mean relegation. They need clear guidelines for every situation. Though I would have thought that would be obvious to do from the start. 

Bang on, which is why  a clear directive of that if a certain number of games has been played and the leagues called then its called and if your top you win and if your bottom then your relegated.  But if a certain muber of games has not been played say <50%  then null and void.

However Doncaster had to call the league so we did not have to pay back TV money, when in fact we had to pay back TV money in anycase, he cannot use that as an arguement to null and void as of now.  So as far as I am concerned we are top, Dundee bottom, we go up they go down, no need for a corrupt vote, if the league was called today

Whatever is made up as they go along will always be made with one eye, no, both eyes, on how it might impact celtic and rangers. Scottish football is an utter sham and if the carpet was lifted on all the corruption, those in charge would even brush it off as it being done for the good of the game, that only those two clubs can best represent the country. 

9 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Bang on, which is why  a clear directive of that if a certain number of games has been played and the leagues called then its called and if your top you win and if your bottom then your relegated.  But if a certain muber of games has not been played say <50%  then null and void.

However Doncaster had to call the league so we did not have to pay back TV money, when in fact we had to pay back TV money in anycase, he cannot use that as an arguement to null and void as of now.  So as far as I am concerned we are top, Dundee bottom, we go up they go down, no need for a corrupt vote, if the league was called today

Doncaster says they went to clubs for increased powers should similar problems occur this year. With the chaos currently unfolding, is his hand not strengthened to go to the clubs again?? What is he doing? What would his proposals be if the executive was given more power or did he just seek more powers without offering a plan?

SectionDJambo
57 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The fact that they didn't sort out the rules for games affected by covid as soon as the league was stopped due to covid, didn't sort it out during the summer (wasn't there a group set up to deal with this?), didn't sort it out after the aberdeen and celtic debacle, and now, months into the season, still haven't sorted it, would be incredible if it wasn't the spfl.

There was indeed a group created to deal with all things relevant to starting the next season, instead of a proper consideration of the damage to 3 specific clubs, the halting of the ambition of a few other clubs and the “get out of jail free” card played by Brechin, St. Mirren, Ross County and others.

Dempster’s much heralded JRG has achieved nothing positive in over 6 months, and was just a smokescreen to satisfy the self interest of many clubs, big and small. 
Any club now crying about testing costs, no spectators, or a lack of income should maybe drop a line to Dempster and ask for a list of the positive initiatives that her, and her zoom shop, have produced whilst Scottish football is heading for a very damaging period. It won’t take long to produce it.

Surely the master plan wasn’t relying on having no restrictions to spectator numbers  by October. I know of one club owner who was very pessimistic, from the start, about that possibility and asked for togetherness and forward planning to help all the clubs, but was told she was only interested in her club.

21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Doncaster says they went to clubs for increased powers should similar problems occur this year. With the chaos currently unfolding, is his hand not strengthened to go to the clubs again?? What is he doing? What would his proposals be if the executive was given more power or did he just seek more powers without offering a plan?

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

There was indeed a group created to deal with all things relevant to starting the next season, instead of a proper consideration of the damage to 3 specific clubs, the halting of the ambition of a few other clubs and the “get out of jail free” card played by Brechin, St. Mirren, Ross County and others.

Dempster’s much heralded JRG has achieved nothing positive in over 6 months, and was just a smokescreen to satisfy the self interest of many clubs, big and small. 
Any club now crying about testing costs, no spectators, or a lack of income should maybe drop a line to Dempster and ask for a list of the positive initiatives that her, and her zoom shop, have produced whilst Scottish football is heading for a very damaging period. It won’t take long to produce it.

Surely the master plan wasn’t relying on having no restrictions to spectator numbers  by October. I know of one club owner who was very pessimistic, from the start, about that possibility and asked for togetherness and forward planning to help all the clubs, but was told she was only interested in her club.

Two excellent posts. We'll reach a stage quite soon when a complete lockdown is required and Doncaster will be in the middle of a battle between the arse-cheeks. He'll be like a thong being squeezed between two fat, sweaty, 5h1tey buttocks. This time Lawell will want the league declared null and void while Rangers will likely be leading the league and determined that it continues. 

Interesting time coming.

20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Why was AB not re-elected to the SP(F)L board.

Of course, calling out self interests.

There is no doubt all the Covid WGsbare only looking at themselves.

manaliveits105

Dempster is never questioned by the weegia - they probably see her ending up at Rangers - her and the clowns on the jrg have been all wind and pish 

30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Dempster is never questioned by the weegia - they probably see her ending up at Rangers - her and the clowns on the jrg have been all wind and pish 

Spending money her club doesn't have is one of her strengths!

Match made in heaven.

Geddyalexneil
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Two excellent posts. We'll reach a stage quite soon when a complete lockdown is required and Doncaster will be in the middle of a battle between the arse-cheeks. He'll be like a thong being squeezed between two fat, sweaty, 5h1tey buttocks. This time Lawell will want the league declared null and void while Rangers will likely be leading the league and determined that it continues. 

Interesting time coming.

Highlighted a line that made me laugh. Outstanding description.

I await the disaster with bated breath. 

Good work @upgotheheads

Glamorgan Jambo

Once again the SPFL dive in and request spectators at not only a high profile PL fixture (which presumably is on TV) but one at the ground of one of the clubs that failed to control their players earlier this season. 

why not ask for a few hundred in at Forfar or Peterhead this weekend. Much higher chance of success.

Got real concerns regarding the SPFL asking to decide what happens. We need to make sure they don’t get there grubby paws on this or it will spell trouble for Hearts. Hopefully the infighting continues. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Got real concerns regarding the SPFL asking to decide what happens. We need to make sure they don’t get there grubby paws on this or it will spell trouble for Hearts. Hopefully the infighting continues. 

Just look at who's on the board. Imagine a board containing Hamilton and Brechin reps voting to have no relegation (even though that already happened in Brechin's case - for themselves only)? Or a board with Celtic on it voting to null and void with Rangers top of the league? I can understand why the clubs rejected giving them the power to make the decision. It's a reflection of how no-one trusts anyone else in Scottish football, and why we need a big shake-up of governance. 

Worth remembering 30% of clubs wanted an independent inquiry into the SPFL's actions during the Resolution. That's been kind of ignored by the media but it's nearly a third of all the clubs - hardly a ringing endorsement.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dortmund Shalke now only 300 spectators this weekend due to higher infection rate in the local area.

Dortmund had 11500 spectators last time on 03 October.  

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just look at who's on the board. Imagine a board containing Hamilton and Brechin reps voting to have no relegation (even though that already happened in Brechin's case - for themselves only)? Or a board with Celtic on it voting to null and void with Rangers top of the league? I can understand why the clubs rejected giving them the power to make the decision. It's a reflection of how no-one trusts anyone else in Scottish football, and why we need a big shake-up of governance. 

Worth remembering 30% of clubs wanted an independent inquiry into the SPFL's actions during the Resolution. That's been kind of ignored by the media but it's nearly a third of all the clubs - hardly a ringing endorsement.

Good point forgot about that actually.

If I was Hearts I would be pushing for a vote of no confidence if this fails. In fact I would be actively lobbying for this to fail. 

The are basically saying we messed up we are blaming you so give us more powers. Some stupid clubs will eat this up.

11 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Levein saying players have told him some clubs aren't taking protocols seriously. 

In all seriousness what is there to be concerned about? Out of all the players/managers worldwide to have contracted covid, not one has become seriously ill or died. 

This virus will spread, in fact it already has, way beyond any control, any one of us could/can carry it any time and not know, like most viruses until they test every person every day throughout the country we'll never know the extent. The quite miniscule death rate (and the absurd way in which a covid death is measured, by only having to be mentioned on the death certificate) in Scotland just reinforces the fact people need to stop panicking and get on with things. 

2500 deaths over nearly 8months when almost 14000 people die every year in Scotland anyway? Makes the use of the word pandemic a bit of a stretch for me. 

Can't blame people/clubs for not taking it seriously, I'm getting to the end of my tether with it all too. 

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Good point forgot about that actually.

If I was Hearts I would be pushing for a vote of no confidence if this fails. In fact I would be actively lobbying for this to fail. 

The are basically saying we messed up we are blaming you so give us more powers. Some stupid clubs will eat this up.

Let someone else stick their head above the parapet this time and take all the shite that we had to put up with 

13 minutes ago, communist said:

In all seriousness what is there to be concerned about? Out of all the players/managers worldwide to have contracted covid, not one has become seriously ill or died. 

This virus will spread, in fact it already has, way beyond any control, any one of us could/can carry it any time and not know, like most viruses until they test every person every day throughout the country we'll never know the extent. The quite miniscule death rate (and the absurd way in which a covid death is measured, by only having to be mentioned on the death certificate) in Scotland just reinforces the fact people need to stop panicking and get on with things. 

2500 deaths over nearly 8months when almost 14000 people die every year in Scotland anyway? Makes the use of the word pandemic a bit of a stretch for me. 

Can't blame people/clubs for not taking it seriously, I'm getting to the end of my tether with it all too. 

Time for clubs to come clean. Push the agenda

22 minutes ago, communist said:

There are actually around 60,000 deaths per annum in Scotland versus the 2500 from COVID so less than 5% 

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Interesting time coming.

Hopefully, the inevitable end the league vote (unless a vaccine comes along pretty sharpish in December) sees the old firm have such a squalid, vicious battle it sees off a lot of these jokers.

The Battle for 1iar v 9.7iar.

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Time for clubs to come clean. Push the agenda

Yep.

Be brave.

Stand by their convictions that it's a load of crap and come out publicly. 

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

There are actually around 60,000 deaths per annum in Scotland versus the 2500 from COVID so less than 5% 

Ah my mistake, i used an unreliable source for that obviously, but still, even those 5% 'covid' deaths, was probably (and I'm speaking as someone who's experienced family deaths throughout this pandemic) were probably due to cancer or other terminal illnesses when it only sped up the death (arguably) marginally. 

2 minutes ago, communist said:

Ah my mistake, i used an unreliable source for that obviously, but still, even those 5% 'covid' deaths, was probably (and I'm speaking as someone who's experienced family deaths throughout this pandemic) were probably due to cancer or other terminal illnesses when it only sped up the death (arguably) marginally. 

I got the figure from the Scottish national statistics, I’m on the same page as you by the way...

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, communist said:

absolute dogshit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Once again the SPFL dive in and request spectators at not only a high profile PL fixture (which presumably is on TV) but one at the ground of one of the clubs that failed to control their players earlier this season. 

why not ask for a few hundred in at Forfar or Peterhead this weekend. Much higher chance of success.

I replied to Cormacks Tweet to this end.

Absolutely,  it should be Falkirk Partick Straenrar Kelty Brora and Hearts proritised along with Caley

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, communist said:

A pandemic is an epidemic that affects the whole world so it's very appropriate.

Lots of people have died, of all ages. Imagine how many more if we had no restrictions? Imagine how overrun hospitals would get?

All folk are being asked to do is follow some very simple guidelines and stay at home more, watch TV, play video games... and in lots of cases get paid to do that. It's not like previous generations that were asked to run towards a hail of machine gun bullets at the age of 18.

It's tragic some so called adults can't follow a few basic guidelines any toddler can follow. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

A pandemic is an epidemic that affects the whole world so it's very appropriate.

Lots of people have died, of all ages. Imagine how many more if we had no restrictions? Imagine how overrun hospitals would get?

All folk are being asked to do is follow some very simple guidelines and stay at home more, watch TV, play video games... and in lots of cases get paid to do that. It's not like previous generations that were asked to run towards a hail of machine gun bullets at the age of 18.

It's tragic some so called adults can't follow a few basic guidelines any toddler can follow. 

That's all good and well, why not enlighten us with how many of these deaths were actually caused by covid? 

You probably get your news from the BBC whilst wearing a mask from behind your couch. 

I just think it's all way over the top with little justification or end game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

absolute dogshit.

Problem is,  it's tough to know what weakness any of us have we don't already know about. 

Impossible question,  hence why we do need to be careful. 

I might think I'm healthy,  however from bitter personal experience I know people can be ill for a very long time and remain oblivious to the fact 

kingantti1874
Just now, communist said:

Nice, thought provoking post. 

Please post more. 

On average people with covid have lost between 8-15 years of life.. but that’s ok.. because they had another condition 🤦‍♂️ 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

And meanwhile people’s livelihoods are out the window. Businesses that have been built over many many years suddenly out the box or teetering on the brink through no fault of their own.

That is also tragic. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

On average people with covid have lost between 8-15 years of life.. but that’s ok.. because they had another condition 🤦‍♂️ 

How can you possibly prove that when the virus has been around less than a year. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing that people still don’t fully understand the issue with Covid. The internet is a dangerous place.. 

It's terrifying. It seems that people need to see folk dropping dead in the street for this to seem real and urgent. It's why we'll probably never tackle climate change because a worryingly large number of people won't take it seriously until they're up to their ankles in water in their own house. 

kingantti1874

Folk will be telling us how covid restrictions have impacted treatment for no covid patients.. without considering the extremely obvious flaw in that line of arguement 😂 

the amount of people repeating internet conspiracy garbage is beyond belief

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )