SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, ritchies75 said:

SPFL open disciplinary proceedings against Kilmarnock. It’s alleged Killie breached the SPFL’s covid-19 regulations which led to the postponement of their league match v Motherwell earlier this month

How slow is the SPFL in actually getting on top of this. That game was 3 weeks ago and the investigation should have started that very day and been the sole priority of the league. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good point.

Jason Leitch has said he expects football to be limited numbers into next summer (Euro games at Hampden)

How ironic if Scotland qualify for the first time this century and crowds are banned from games in their own country. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I suspect that the 7 day infections per 100k population number will play a part in determining which Level each local authority will be assigned.

A selection of these from the latest data (to 20 October) is as follows: (will probably be updated later today)

South Lanarkshire 362.2

North Lanarkshire 346.5

Glasgow 278.8

West Lothian 201

Dundee 159.4

Edinburgh 93.5

Midlothian 88.7

East Lothian 58.8

Aberdeen 57.7

Fife 56.5

Edinburgh will be in 3 unless there’s a dramatic improvement in the next week.

46 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How the new tier framework will affect sports

4up6BfG.jpg

Ooooft.......  churches only facing extra restriction at level 4.  :levein_interesting:   

Doncaster, Lawwell, McLaughlin et al  probably looking out their   "football is being discriminated against" script, ready for another bash.  🙄     

kingantti1874
35 minutes ago, martinb said:

So there  is NO level which allows everyone back at games?

level 0. And that will only happen when covid isn’t really a threat sometime in 2022 I’m guessing

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Edinburgh will be in 3 unless there’s a dramatic improvement in the next week.

I'll go for 2. The Weegies will probably be in 3 which is roughly equivalent to the current Health Board restrictions across the central belt.

Edited by Footballfirst

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How slow is the SPFL in actually getting on top of this. That game was 3 weeks ago and the investigation should have started that very day and been the sole priority of the league. 

The SPFL Cabal have probably spent the last 3 weeks deciding whether or not to punish us for Kilmarnock's misgivings

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I suspect that the 7 day infections per 100k population number will play a part in determining which Level each local authority will be assigned.

A selection of these from the latest data (to 20 October) is as follows: (will probably be updated later today)

South Lanarkshire 362.2

North Lanarkshire 346.5

Glasgow 278.8

West Lothian 201

Dundee 159.4

Edinburgh 93.5

Midlothian 88.7

East Lothian 58.8

Aberdeen 57.7

Fife 56.5

Lanarkshire miles worse than the Weeg, eh ?     Motherwell, Airdrie, Wishaw, Hamilton, Coatbridge ..........  what the hell is going on with folk in these places ?    

Ex member of the SaS
21 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

St.Midden with 4 new positive cases. When are they going to get looked into? Happening all the time To them. More positive tests than results

IF one person in your household has symptoms ( tested or not ) the whole family has to isolate. How can players who are in contact with team mates get away with not isolating?

Surely when a player tests poss the whole team should be isolated.

Why is the game being given special dispensation? 

Yes I know this could happen to us, BUT with the Premiership claiming a professional " bubble" how can so many test poss?

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Lanarkshire miles worse than the Weeg, eh ?     Motherwell, Airdrie, Wishaw, Hamilton, Coatbridge ..........  what the hell is going on with folk in these places ?    

And that's without any student halls

Level 2 for Edinburgh, 3 for Weegie and 4 for Lanarkshire would make sense, but.....

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

IF one person in your household has symptoms ( tested or not ) the whole family has to isolate. How can players who are in contact with team mates get away with not isolating?

Surely when a player tests poss the whole team should be isolated.

Why is the game being given special dispensation? 

Yes I know this could happen to us, BUT with the Premiership claiming a professional " bubble" how can so many test poss?

I'd guess that all other players  have to be negative on their next test in order to continue playing.   But you're right in so much as the concept of a "bubble" to allow football to take place is like crossing your fingers and hoping for the best.

14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The SPFL Cabal have probably spent the last 3 weeks deciding whether or not to punish us for Kilmarnock's misgivings

😉  Quite possibly !!    If (when ?) we report a positive  case,  you can bet that it won't take them 3 weeks to act. 🙄

15 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

This will derail St Middens hunt for a European space, shame.

Class :rofl:

At least they're geographically located in Europe.  Closest they'll ever get to playing in a European game, other than friendlies!

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

If they couldn't afford a ball, they had much bigger problems than a donated ball would fix!

This is Cathkin in 2015 btw

Cathkin-Park2.jpg

Great pic. Surprised it's still like that. Wonder if any other clubs' old grounds are still visible? Clydebank's Kilbowie, St Johnstone's old Muirton Park, Douglas Park Hamilton, Broomfield in Airdrie, Falkirk's Brockville? Actually...probably not. Housing estates now more like.

coatbridgejambo
42 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The SNP heartland as well. Especially Coatbridge thats full of them...............

Can confirm this to be true.

I no of 2 shops in my area that dont enforce the mask rule 

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Great pic. Surprised it's still like that. Wonder if any other clubs' old grounds are still visible? Clydebank's Kilbowie, St Johnstone's old Muirton Park, Douglas Park Hamilton, Broomfield in Airdrie, Falkirk's Brockville? Actually...probably not. Housing estates now more like.

Yep.  Muirton is now a supermarket (Tesco ?), Brockville is now a Morrisons,    

Edited by Lone Striker
Muirton is now an Asda

49 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You would think that someone would inform them of the facts, especially where they are

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  Muirton is now a supermarket (Tesco ?), Brockville is now a Morrisons,    

Kilbowie Clydebank is a retail park

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I'll go for 2. The Weegies will probably be in 3 which is roughly equivalent to the current Health Board restrictions across the central belt.

Fingers crossed. 

Doncaster wants clubs to look again at deciding at which point in the season they tell us we can't get promoted. Why bother pretending 😂

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Doncaster wants clubs to look again at deciding at which point in the season they tell us we can't get promoted. Why bother pretending 😂

to be fair it should be written down so everyone is clear from the outset. 50% of the season should be enough.. so in our case 14 fixtures 

That said I don’t expect it to happen. 

3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I don’t know why I still get surprised at the farce that is is the SPFL but the time for agreeing a minimum number of matches to make a season valid and how to deal with teams unable to play matches (which has already happened several times) should have been sorted out before a single ball was kicked!

If they decide on forfeits do they retrospectively apply this to matches that have already been rescheduled and completed?

Last season was incompetence in response to an unprecedented situation. This season it’s negligence in response to an entirely predictable and highly likely set of possibilities.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I don’t know why I still get surprised at the farce that is is the SPFL but the time for agreeing a minimum number of matches to make a season valid and how to deal with teams unable to play matches (which has already happened several times) should have been sorted out before a single ball was kicked!

If they decide on forfeits do they retrospectively apply this to matches that have already been rescheduled and completed?

Last season was incompetence in response to an unprecedented situation. This season it’s negligence in response to an entirely predictable and highly likely set of possibilities.

Exactly, and having seen how the JRG works is it any wonder the Scottish Government mistrusts them?  

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I have a thing about old stadiums, I love to visit and feel the many thousands of hopes and dreams that walked the streets on the way to the game.

Unfortunately Brockville's a Morrisons now with just a couple of nods to its history. But also in Falkirk is Firs Park, former home of East Stirling, which is still recognisable if overgrown, you could still get in for a look around last time I was there. 

I haven't been to any of the others you mentioned yet but in Holland, Ajax's old Olympic Stadium is still there, as is HFC Haarlem's (still in use as an amateur ground) while AZ Alkmaar is housing.

I'll get round to seeing more now I'm back but it takes some detective work sometimes. In the meantime Google maps is great, I've "visited" many more that way. 

What happens if we set a threshold number of games and the top flight has reached that but the leagues below haven't? 

Premier league would require someone to be relegated but the championship hasn't met that cut off as we started later then no one would get promoted. 

Effectively we could get shafted again. 

15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Very good post. Correct on all counts. 👍    

2 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

What happens if we set a threshold number of games and the top flight has reached that but the leagues below haven't? 

Premier league would require someone to be relegated but the championship hasn't met that cut off as we started later then no one would get promoted. 

Compulsory R word :whistling:   It's not rocket science.  Now, where do I claim a hefty bonus for that ?  :whistling: 

4 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Do it on a percentage of games played v whatever the starting number is?

10 minutes ago, zakred said:

Do it on a percentage of games played v whatever the starting number is?

Obviously these are the details that need ironed out but it is possible that whatever number is selected that the premiership has met the percentage and the championship hasn't. 

SectionDJambo

This re think of the vote to allow Doncaster and, no doubt, Dempsters JRG, to curtail the season, can only be down to fresh self interest from Kilmarnock all the way down the table. All of a sudden they’ll be getting worried about the league being called at an awkward time for them. The real desire will be for up to when null and void, with no relegation, can be called. 
The bogey for them this time will be if Rangers maintain their form and stretch away from Celtic. There’s no way that Rangers will accept a null and void decision if it looks like they could stop Celtic getting 9.75 in a row. Any attempt to steamroller such a move through would have hordes of bears picketing Hampden.

Their other problem would be if the English leagues all finish ok and the SPFL try to say they can’t finish, making them a bigger laughing stock than they already are.

This could get interesting.

Feel sickened and angry but not the least bit surprised that these rat clubs in the top league are now shitting their pants about being relegated.  Voting again ?? To give power to potentially null and voiding the season so we end up being down again. It’s actually beyond comprehension. Makes me hope all the more that top flight clubs (amongst others) go to the wall. 
Rangers I now hope really pull away cause they will go mental if that happens

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I have a thing about old stadiums, I love to visit and feel the many thousands of hopes and dreams that walked the streets on the way to the game.

Unfortunately Brockville's a Morrisons now with just a couple of nods to its history. But also in Falkirk is Firs Park, former home of East Stirling, which is still recognisable if overgrown, you could still get in for a look around last time I was there. 

I haven't been to any of the others you mentioned yet but in Holland, Ajax's old Olympic Stadium is still there, as is HFC Haarlem's (still in use as an amateur ground) while AZ Alkmaar is housing.

I'll get round to seeing more now I'm back but it takes some detective work sometimes. In the meantime Google maps is great, I've "visited" many more that way. 

Always loved having a walk around Cathkin Park before heading to Hampden. There's something about old terracing that brings out the football romantic in me! 

6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This re think of the vote to allow Doncaster and, no doubt, Dempsters JRG, to curtail the season, can only be down to fresh self interest from Kilmarnock all the way down the table. All of a sudden they’ll be getting worried about the league being called at an awkward time for them. The real desire will be for up to when null and void, with no relegation, can be called. 
The bogey for them this time will be if Rangers maintain their form and stretch away from Celtic. There’s no way that Rangers will accept a null and void decision if it looks like they could stop Celtic getting 9.75 in a row. Any attempt to steamroller such a move through would have hordes of bears picketing Hampden.

Their other problem would be if the English leagues all finish ok and the SPFL try to say they can’t finish, making them a bigger laughing stock than they already are.

This could get interesting.

Snippet from Stephen Mcgowan in the Scottish Daily Mail the other day was revealing and backs up what you've said.

Was only a paragraph but states 'Premiership clubs are set to resist any relegation or promotion unless the Championship plays all 27 games - and that could see Hearts hammered for a second time.' The actual balls and brass neck on these pricks.

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Always loved having a walk around Cathkin Park before heading to Hampden. There's something about old terracing that brings out the football romantic in me! 

Same, and for some reason the diddier and more old fashioned the stadium was, the better. The humble hopes and loyalty of a lower league football fan is a great thing.

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Snippet from Stephen Mcgowan in the Scottish Daily Mail the other day was revealing and backs up what you've said.

Was only a paragraph but states 'Premiership clubs are set to resist any relegation or promotion unless the Championship plays all 27 games - and that could see Hearts hammered for a second time.' The actual balls and brass neck on these pricks.

If we get so far ahead as to take any doubt  away about us winning the league, it would be hard for even those nitwits to justify any shenanigans to stop us being promoted. 
Then, would Dundee want us in that league again?

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I did that at the hibs final as I parked in the area.It felt really strange. Loved seeing the old crush barriers. 

30 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Feel sickened and angry but not the least bit surprised that these rat clubs in the top league are now shitting their pants about being relegated.  Voting again ?? To give power to potentially null and voiding the season so we end up being down again. It’s actually beyond comprehension. Makes me hope all the more that top flight clubs (amongst others) go to the wall. 
Rangers I now hope really pull away cause they will go mental if that happens

Nothing should surprise you after what these corrupt clubs have done to us, it is a shame this can't be taken back to a proper court because if not for the FOH we would be in real trouble! I wish nothing but harm on these clubs that voted to expel us and against reconstruction!

1 minute ago, gator said:

Nothing should surprise you after what these corrupt clubs have done to us, it is a shame this can't be taken back to a proper court because if not for the FOH we would be in real trouble! I wish nothing but harm on these clubs that voted to expel us and against reconstruction!

Got a feeling that one or two of them are facing financial meltdown as things stand. At least three are totally reliant on away fans especially the old filth coming through their turn styles for their cash flow. That’s been well and truly turned off. No cash, no bills paid - only a matter of time.

It's no accident that this sort of skullduggery is being schemed now,  early in the season.  There's quite a few clubs who will be very keen to scheme their way to a no relegation scenario.  Later on in the season it might be that one or two clubs are cut adrift and the overall mutual interest of no relegation might not have the same level of support.  I think they'll be only too happy to pull the ladder up while a whole bunch of them share the risk of relegation.   

I'm actually expecting it.  Resigned to it.  If the season completes somehow then great.  But I think we're going to have to face another bucket of shit coming our way.  Might as well be prepared for it now.

Hagar the Horrible

St midden off again and Doncaster trying to get powers to award Celtic the title again and I bet he cancels promotion and/or the playoffs

I've got a horrible feeling no matter how our season goes we won't get promoted due to decisions made by the Premier league clubs. Of course despite us suffering relegation last season they will come up with a new narrative how this year it is different. 

2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Spot on. I am angry beyond words about this whole thing and the way it has been handled by Doncaster et al. 

And I agree with @victorian, I am resigned to another stitch-up being in the cards. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. I am angry beyond words about this whole thing and the way it has been handled by Doncaster et al. 

And I agree with @victorian, I am resigned to another stitch-up being in the cards. 

I really think we should be putting feelers out about league withdrawal if this is the case. 

We were expelled from the league unfairly, so if they think they can suddenly change tact on that and deny us earned promotion (or whoever is 1st)  then that deserves extreme action. 

Fantasy stuff or not, its worth exploring just to at least rule out.

The new narrative will be the hardest thing to face.  Worse than being shafted.  We'll hear about how everyone has to help each other,  no club should be disadvantaged,  extraordinary circumstances,  not legitimate to promote from a shortened Championship.  We might even be told that nobody should consider our interests because of our previous protest and legal action.   

Салатные палочки

This may have been covered already in the thread but why have Kilmarnock been fined but St Mirren haven't? Personally I would boot them out the league. 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

This may have been covered already in the thread but why have Kilmarnock been fined but St Mirren haven't? Personally I would boot them out the league. 

They haven't they have had charges brought against them after an initial investigation. The SPFL obviously think they can prove that they breach protocols. There doesn't seem to be any such evidence kf that with St Mirren. 

14 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

If the leagues get called again then they have reconstruct the leagues. 

Aye. That's what I think will happen.

No relegation, no playoffs. But 'now is the time for league reconstruction...'.

Because if the league did get called early and there was no promotion for Hearts, I don't think the SPFL (and whoever is bottom) could afford another legal fight. Hearts can though.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )