SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yet still no official joint statements from the two of us.

Very, very interesting.

This.

It might be getting personal with AB now : what next, I wonder. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

gashauskis9

You can only be compensated for wrong doing.  If the unanimous decision was that there was no wrong doing then I doubt we’ll be entitled to anything.

My understanding was that there was only two outcomes here; Wrong-doing proven and us reinstated v the status quo.  The panel went for the latter.

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

He wasn’t our man but don’t let that get in the way of sticking the boot in again. 

I have never ever stuck the boot in and I am not now

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Against Hibs???????

Even more so,  because its Hibs 

SPFL saying the relegations havevbeen unanimously upheld!!

That being the case I'm wondering why people are still holding out for compensation? Compensation for what? 

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, JJ93 said:

Scottish football is the Belarus of football.

At least they finished their season 

Clerry Jambo

Sky reporter says end of the road for Hearts  / Thistle and NO compensation

Edited by Clerry Jambo

Just upped my FoH monthly contribution, no other club, including the national team will be getting any of my money (maybe Partick and ICT) until we achieve promotion.

Edited by brux

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

You can only be compensated for wrong doing.  If the unanimous decision was that there was no wrong doing then I doubt we’ll be entitled to anything.

My understanding was that there was only two outcomes here; Wrong-doing proven and us reinstated v the status quo.  The panel went for the latter.

Agree cant see a court of session judge now issuing compensation 

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

Scottish football is the Belarus of football.

It's worse than that, absolute laughing stock!

8 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I thought point 3 is exactly what happened😬

Well, you may have a point Willie. We'll see what happens next. 

JamboGraham

I was always concerned that many of the key factors of this case would end up being considered unorthodox, poor judgement or even unethical but fall short of actually being illegal or explicitly against written rules. I suspect this is probably where this whole thing has landed.

This is why the courts would have been a better option, regardless of final result for us as a club, because of the transparent nature of the evidence and argument. The closed door nature of this process doesn’t allow for lessons to be learned, etc. The minute the season was abandoned this entire process became an administration and governance issue. The administration was so poorly handled that 13 clubs voted for an independent enquiry and 5 clubs ended up at the court of session and arbitration. This was subsequently followed by a vote of clubs refusing to give authority to the SPFL executive and board to handle any future similar circumstances. For me this was a de facto vote of no confidence by the clubs.

There is absolutely no justification for the CEO of the SPFL to be “delighted” in any way. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yet still no official joint statements from the two of us.

Very, very interesting.

I, like everyone else am completely scunnered that we lost but I'm absolutely shocked we didn't get any redress at all and that it

was a unanimous decision against. 

Tommy Brown
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Even more so,  because its Hibs 

The last thing I want is those *******s taking a liberty with us.

I want keep our Hampden spanking record against that horrible shower of reptiles. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if this was the last straw resulting in Anne walking away. She must be gutted and knackered and sick to the back teeth. I hope not but fully understand if she did

3 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

yep. The SPFL and their sycophantic cheerleaders in green and white will point out that Contact sport only being allowed end of June in Scotland but surely if the SPFL had approached the Gov and negotiated it they could have had training allowed a little bit earlier. At the time Scotland announced the phases to

exit lockdown the leagues had already been called so there was no reason to allow contact sport or any exceptions earlier. There then would have been plenty time to squeeze in 8 rounds of fixtures before Uefa’s deadline (was it 3 August). Even if it Once you factor in a close season and transfer window, if it caused a slight delay to next season, the argument about this affecting the Sky contract is erroneous, the SPFL/Clubs have agreed to pay back Sky £1.5m for curtailing last season, and are into BT/BBC for a few more mill. Sky would have accepted a delay to next season if it meant getting 1 more OF game last season and a couple other games (and there would have been no money due back to the other broadcasters)

Yes exactly.  the Spfl had to intention of ever trying to finish the season. It's always been the same from them "the goverment wouldn't allow us to play". Well **** me you should have asked them, and came up with a plan that they would have allowed. Thats what your paid for. But now the new season is on us they are quite happy to press the goverment on various issues which do suit them like fans in the grounds. Whole thing stinks.

ford donald
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

Let's not forget one crucial point in all this, we should never have been in this position in the first place. The ENTIRE BOARD OF DIRECTORS have been a disaster, they stood by and did nothing whilst 17000 per game could see where we were going. Nothing will change at the SFA/SPFL but sadly going by the last club AGM, nothing will change with us. When both Stuart Wallace and Donal Cummings stood for re-election there was only one person in the hall who opposed it, me. The guy who questioned AB if she had any contingency plans for relegation, was looked at with bewilderment. Well this years AGM is bound to see someone stand for re-election and whoever it is I'll again oppose it. Will any one else this time? The only way to get fresh blood on the board who actually know football, is to create a vacancy for them. I actually wonder if AB would have fought this if FOH didn't ( bar the share transfer) own the club. Maybe I'm being harsh there but she and the others must be held to account. 

You are spot on.I am very thankful JJ is back ,gives me confidence the football side is in excellent hands,finally!

18Jambo_dave74

Absolutely no doubt we have been shafted. 

However, what I will not forget are the absolute charlatans that have been masquerading as Hearts players for some time. They are at fault for being completely gutless and spineless and they are the reason that we were bottom with 8 games to go. 

These same players then decided to publicly fight the club on wage cuts and leak information to the press and media. Well, I'm sure these ***** are happy at getting a summer break that lasts from April till October. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Barack said:

I'm going to play my Pro for a couple of hours.

Guess I'll see if my hunch is correct or not. Life's too short to worry about it the now.

Just find it very curious there's a silence atm, given most people/companies when they go to court and have such things on the line, would have at least two drafts ready to go. Outcome depending.

Think there are chats happening right now. 

We'll find out soon.

:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Surley you would detect whether someone is sympathetic towards your situation or not. ends people will go to to defend anything the woman does are unbelievable 

How do you detect whether a lawyer has sympathy for you?? and what exactly has sympathy got to do with hearing evidence on a legal matter?

If thats what you think then you really have no idea how an arbitration panel works.

Edited by Jamboelite

MarkDevriesScores4

Why is there no statement on the hearts website? Everyone in the country announces the outcome and nothing from the club.

Harry Potter
25 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Well they do work, if everyone can see it's the right thing to do.  There will be those who "haven't missed a game in 20 years" who will no doubt go, but if only 500 turn up at Starks instead of 3,000, then it's a win.

aye, 60000 to 10000 pounds at 20 poonds a ticket, that will hurt.

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

No club statement, nothing even on the Twitter feed. Why the silence?

Because its only been an hour ?

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

Looking at continuing the fight is my guess. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Dundee FC fans, hang your head in shame.

Dundee managed to make themselves look even more pathetic than the vermin. That is some achievement.

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Jamboelite said:

How do you detect whether a lawyer has sympathy for you?? and what exactly has sympathy got to do with hearing evidence on a legal matter.

If thats what you think then you really have no idea how an arbitration panels work.

Sorry obviously not a legal expert like yourself. What do you do?

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Barack said:

Guess I'll see if my hunch is correct or not. Life's too short to worry about it the now.

Just find it very curious there's a silence atm, given most people/companies when they go to court and have such things on the line, would have at least two drafts ready to go. Outcome depending.

We'll find out soon.

Not even a ”holding statement” from the club yet, to at least acknowledge the outcome and state that a full announcement will follow. Hmmmmmm.........??

48 minutes ago, Barack said:

3 nil. 

No-one should be under any illusion about the rigorous and challenging nature of this process.” ...?

No? Just me then ,..

10 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

Never posted on here before. Just watched with interest.

This judgement however makes me feel I should speak out. The reality is that there was no potential upside whatever the outcome of the arbitration. Win or lose, fundamentally nothing was ever going to change. The duopoly is going to persist. The next generation of fans will continue to be drawn towards the old firm (no child wants to go to school supporting a club that only makes up the numbers). The money therefore flows to the ugly sisters and the status quo persists. For goodness sake....9 in a row tells anyone all they need to know about the state of the competitive game in Scotland. I spend a lot of my work time down south. Its embarrassing.

Sadly, there is no way Scottish football will change.

In the US, they employ a draft system to ensure that there is ongoing healthy competition in Football, Hockey and Baseball. Fundamentally, they recognize that the competitive nature of the game drives the fan base and ultimately the wealth of the sport. The EPL is the best example in world football. What a spectacle. A range of winners over the last 30 years or so. 

In contrast, in Scotland, the fans are taken for granted as the whole system is myopic. 

Sadly, for me, as for an increasing number of people in Scotland, I am giving up on the mickey mouse, Scottish game and watching the EPL. I do not find it fun watching the slow, inevitable decline of the game north of the border. If Hearts decide to jump ship and join the English pyramid system then I will be back. They would do well there.

**** off diny want you then

20 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I don't see how we can expect compensation when there is a unanimous verdict that the SPFL have done no wrong. I think this is the end of the road now and we have to get on with winning the championship.   

Compensation has nothing to do with their decision, it's about our estimated losses because of the consequences of their decision.

Ainsley Harriott

Hopefully the players are as pissed off as the fans on here and can use that as motivation to utterly smash every team we play next season.

Willie Hamilton genius
17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can't say a word against Ann on here but seriously only she could manage that. 

Can't say a word against Ann? Do you read anyone else's posts apart from your own?

The 3 on the panel do NOT represent us, so Ann did not "manage that"

Doubt you'll understand

Just now, Harry Potter said:

aye, 60000 to 10000 pounds at 20 poonds a ticket, that will hurt.

Be even better if the away end was absolutely empty  - certainly for Raith, Dundee, Ayr and Dunfermline in particular.

1 minute ago, eck1874 said:

I wonder what massive fine is coming our way now.

500k at most. It's irrelevant as James Anderson will be footing the bills.

Maybe just me but that is a disgusting headline from the SPFL and words from the chair and ceo.

For anyone looking in from other clubs, one day it might be you and the culture within the SPFL and SFA is

'eff off, dry yer eyes, we are untouchable'

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Can't say a word against Ann? Do you read anyone else's posts apart from your own?

The 3 on the panel do NOT represent us, so Ann did not "manage that"

Doubt you'll understand

As I said

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Probably having a debrief with our legal team before putting anything out I would imagine.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Compensation has nothing to do with their decision, it's about our estimated losses because of the consequences of their decision.

what :rofl:

23 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

Where has the "No compensation" been reported officially?

It hasn't.......... We're waiting.....!👍.....!

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hopefully the players are as pissed off as the fans on here and can use that as motivation to utterly smash every team we play next season.

The players are the main reason we're in the feckin Championship. 

Gordon Ramsay

We are not getting compensation. 

Do you really think there would be direct quotes from Doncaster using the word "delighted" if he had to scurry about the clubs telling them they needed to compensate Hearts? 🤣

We are going to get fined, have legal costs to pay and will lose revenue being in Championship. Best thing for us to do is plough more money into FOH. The club will need it. 

Gillsland jack
13 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

Good one resulting to name calling.

In the last 25 visits to Tynie we have beaten them 5 times but they never get it easy as you say 

Given Peter Lawwell and Celtic so far have had much to gain from this fiasco, league being called early ensuring 9 in a row, is it really that much of a stretch to suggest they already had their eyes on 10, will there be a strong Rangers?, yes!!!, where could it go wrong for Celtic next season potentially, St Mirren?...hardly!!, Ross County??nope dont thinks so!!, Pittodrie, Tynecastle?..possibly, that was my point, the only two grounds where they would have to deal with a bit of an atmosphere, a very hostile one at that....so I dont think my point was ridiculous as per your reply, I apologise if I resorted to name calling, emotions are running high today but I never actually called you a knob, I said knobby which was meant to be a bit friendlier to a fellow Jambo (in a how dare you stylee)!!...I trust this clears things up and we can be online pals again.😊

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

We'll find out soon.

Its only been an hour.

Chats ongoing with who ?

It appears we are discussing legal costs if comments are true but thats not exactly going to bring any positive outcome.

Arthur Morgan

It's Ann's fault we're in this situation in the first place, let's be honest. She has failed and should step down. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )