SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

If we win the Championship, the SPFL board will put it to a vote as to whether we get promoted, given that it’ll be unfair to relegate a team next season due to upheaval this virus has caused.

No they wont unless we only play a tiny amount of games.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The minimum we should do now is to withdraw from the cup.

I think we have some argument to do that or at least send out a weaker 11 and don't accept tickets 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If we win the Championship, I really hope that Doncaster, or any of the rest of them, don't think they're coming to Tynecastle to present the trophy. Just get them to post it.

He's "delighted" that 3 of the oldest clubs in Scotland have been treated in this way, when they all know there were alternatives.

If this virus prevents any attendances at Scottish games for an extended time, we'll see how delighted he is when clubs start suffering real financial loss, and his pathetic broadcasting deals don't carry enough money to save them.

Steven Naismith should just ‘mic drop’ the trophy when its presented.

6 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Everyone needs to relax. I expected this, we will take the matter further.

Have a look to Belgium to see the next steps.

RELAX!!!! I’ve just lobed my lunch straight into a skip and kicked my tea tae ****! I’m f****h raging!!!!!

I wasn't at all confident when I heard that it was going to arbitration but then got more confident as time went on so am now very disappointed. This decision doesn't mean that we were wrong and they were right, it just means that there wasn't enough in law to overturn our relegation. Nothing has changed for me , the whole shambles is still down to the SPFL and their corrupt ways and as they've had plenty practice stitching things up the whole scottish game's a bogey. They can now do what they like in full view and not even the law of the land can touch them.

The real criminals are the clubs who pointed out our self interest, whilst voting no against reconstruction because off a long bus journey or a few hundred more supporters.

Clubs who have benefited but shown no humility to help others.

Clubs who didn't want to give a small amount and were quite happy for 3 clubs to pick up the tab.

As I see it the decision on demotion will stand but we return to the courts for compensation......

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No we shouldn't!!

We have fought it at every level and LOST!

Now this club should focus all its efforts on our football team,whatever league and whatever budget that is to be the best it can be.

There is numerous reasons for the state we find ourselfs in,primarily our sporting performance that had us entangled in this shitshow to start with!

This team's season starts in October now, I'm happy with kicking and screaming like **** til then

Personally I'm not in favour of withdrawing from cups etc and boycotting away grounds is moot for the vast majority of fans, who like me, perhaps only get to a couple of away games a season.

Whilst I understand the anger and desire to lash out, our sole focus should be on making sure Hearts come out the other end of this in as good a shape as possible.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

We're down and no compo.......

I am not sure that there is no combo.

We were beaten 3-0 at arbitration by the panel of 3 

The SPFL statement does not mention anything about no combo just that the leagues stand

Jamstomorrow

“It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was. However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for Season 2019/20 to continue.

You mean like they did in England and abroad?

Thunderstruck

This paragraph takes the biscuit in light of yesterday’s football coverage - the bringing of the English Premier League to a fair and equitable conclusion. 

If contact training was possible in England, there was no reason why the same could not have happened in Scotland. 

It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was. However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for Season 2019/20 to continue.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Have you followed the case in Belgium at all?

We don't play in Belgium,  different countries different laws and rules 

1 minute ago, JCR said:

Boycott’s like this don’t work. There are studies. 

The best you could hope for is it not turning into a farce like that Rangers-Dundee Utd game where one of the leaders of the Rangers boycott was seen trying to sneak into the Dundee United end. 

Just need a catchy hash tag line  #Notasinglepenny

22games nro
2 minutes ago, JCR said:

The best you could hope for is it not turning into a farce like that Rangers-Dundee Utd game where one of the leaders of the Rangers boycott was seen trying to sneak into the Dundee United end. 

Think you are underestimating how many of us feel, to think about giving one single fecking penny to any of these feckers , well I don’t think I’d sleep well at all !!!

83A343B9-26DC-4CAF-9E7D-B912D02342CB.jpeg

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If he turns up when we win the Championship, we should invade the pitch and lynch the ****. 

😮

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we have some argument to do that or at least send out a weaker 11 and don't accept tickets 

I would rather we sent out a team to knock the **** out of Hibs. 

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Sir Gio said:

We don't play in Belgium,  different countries different laws and rules 

Is that a no?

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Had little faith in the Arbitration process right from the start.  A pool of people there at the behest of the SFA and  no doubt on retainers, and all the evidence heard in secret.  What faith can anyone have in that process. It stinks. The pity was the case was not fully heard in public and for full public scrutiny of the evidence there for everyone to see. 

I hope we take this further.

Agree with you, although some thought the panel would be fair and independent I suspected they would not be, that's why the SPFL fought so hard to go this route and keep everything covered up, rotten to the core!

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Presumably they will have to publish a written verdict? This can’t just be a plain decision. There must be some reasoning.

Still want to see how they’ve excused the Dundee debacle.

Dunno how you've got the nerve to post on here after your last effort. 

Do one. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Steven Naismith should just ‘mic drop’ the trophy when its presented.

I liked someone else's idea of throwing the trophy off the Forth Bridge - albeit it was the Scottish Cup they were talking about

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Big plea to all the supporters clubs, travelling fans.  The clubs that have shat on us must not see a penny of our money.  It's a big ask for regular away travelers but we can't let this go.  **** them all.

Tbh I don’t see away fans being allowed for a good while anyway so don’t think boycotting will be an issue for a wee while yet.

when fans are finally allowed I hope none of ours go away from home 

David McCaig
Just now, Martin_T said:

Personally I'm not in favour of withdrawing from cups etc and boycotting away grounds is moot for the vast majority of fans, who like me, perhaps only get to a couple of away games a season.

Whilst I understand the anger and desire to lash out, our sole focus should be on making sure Hearts come out the other end of this in as good a shape as possible.

Walking away from Hearts, punishes Hearts and Hearts alone.

Buy your ST

Increase your payment to FoH

Boycott away games (apart from Inverness)

Donate the money you would have spent on away tickets to FoH

It would be good if FoH could start a separate boycott fund for next season.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I would rather we sent out a team to knock the **** out of Hibs. 

Kick them off the park and get the game abandoned 

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

“It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was. However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for Season 2019/20 to continue.

You mean like they did in England and abroad?

Exactly. 

They all managed it ffs. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

As much as I'm clinging onto a faint hope that there is something more we can do, not really sure I can take this dragging on any longer.

Not even angry anymore just sick of it all.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, luckydug said:

Dunno how you've got the nerve to post on here after your last effort. 

Do one. 

I could apply that same rationale to the people who made it up as they went along.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, JCR said:

Well they do work, if everyone can see it's the right thing to do.  There will be those who "haven't missed a game in 20 years" who will no doubt go, but if only 500 turn up at Starks instead of 3,000, then it's a win.

Had a feeling we were getting shafted and we have. I ******* hate the cliquey, self interested, bigotry supporting ****s at the top of the game in this country.

Like most I’m raging but in no way surprised. As it was so it will ever be

I don't think they have any idea what damage they have caused, not so much in a financial sense as someone goes down every year and that's just how it goes but in terms of what football means to people in Scotland. As much as I will still be at Tynecastle next season and those that follow as I want to support the team but I don't think it will ever be quite the same, I don't really want anything to do with Scottish football again, I won't ever watch a game that Hearts aren't playing in, I'm not excited about the cup game, I would happily see other teams out of business etc, etc and I don't think that's what the game should be about. It's not a healthy environment to be in or take your children to. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Is that a no?

I have followed it, but really don't see the relevance. 

We have our own laws.

They still execute people in the USA for example,  not in Scotland 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Just need a catchy hash tag line  #Notasinglepenny

In fact we should have this printed on the back of all our merchandise.

3 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

Embarrassing.

I wonder what statement we will come out with now.

Embarrassing????

Really? 🤦

Jam Tartlet
15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Lord Clark left it open to go back to court should we feel we've been hard done by 

No he didnt

4 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Hardly Knobby!!!, where did they lose their 69 game winning run?...where if its neck and neck between the arse cheeks would they not want to visit, Tynecastle they never get it easy and you know that!!!.

Good one resulting to name calling.

In the last 25 visits to Tynie we have beaten them 5 times but they never get it easy as you say 

"""SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster welcomed the "clear, comprehensive and unanimous decision".

He added: "I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review.

"It has been a very demanding process, but I had complete confidence in the actions and decisions of the SPFL board and the SPFL executive team."

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan confirmed that three members of the organisation's executive team were interviewed by the panel and thousands of pages of evidence were considered.

"I would fully expect all those involved to agree that no stone was left unturned, no allegation left unanswered," he said, adding that he has sympathy for Hearts, Thistle, and Stranraer, """

Honestly can’t believe the way all this has been handled and how we’ve been treated.  No compensation either??????  I’m so done with Scottish football.  I have always and will always support Hearts of Midlothian but the rest of them are boycotted for life.  

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Big plea to all the supporters clubs, travelling fans.  The clubs that have shat on us must not see a penny of our money.  It's a big ask for regular away travelers but we can't let this go.  **** them all.

The reality now for supporters clubs who take buses to away games every second week will no longer be able to do that anyway because it will become unaffordable to run coaches with a fraction of the normal away support.

Some supporters clubs might just fold due to this.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Doncaster’s an absolute disgrace celebrating it like he’s won a cup... we have more history in our toe nail than all those corrupt bassas put together. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Very interested in what the club statement will say. 

i’ll save you the wait

“We are disappointed with the decision blah blah blah we thank the fans blah blah blah

We will take time to reflect on this and any further statements will be made in due course blah blah blah.

We are committed to RN to make sure Hearts are in as strong a position as possible blah blah blah

blah blah blah

AB.”

Jambo Hud316

I hope hearts statement comes out with a basic **** you to all the spfl dinosaurs and makes it clear they are not welcome at tynecastle, destroy the competition on the pitch and make it as horrible for them to visit Tynie as possible when fans allowed back, also when we win the league turn our backs and put the trophy in the bin 🖕  we'll be back **** em all

Quote from BBC

""Hearts and Thistle also wanted up to £10m in compensation, but could now face paying costs, with arbitration continuing for "submissions about expenses"."""

3 minutes ago, Section Q said:

As I see it the decision on demotion will stand but we return to the courts for compensation......

Exactly the same for me. I would be very surprised if we don't see a response from Hearts stating they will return to court for compensation. 

Relegation has been pretty much confirmed after the bug reconstruction vote last month, so fully expected today's announcement. 

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We can do that by giving all our attention to our club at HOME

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )