SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Captain Canada
Just now, husref musemic said:

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “This is a clear, comprehensive and unanimous decision.

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review.

“It has been a very demanding process, but I had complete confidence in the actions and decisions of the SPFL board and the SPFL executive team.”

Delighted that two of the oldest clubs in Scotland are about to lose £10m through no fault of their own. Bravo! 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Personally now hope the Premier league season is a mitigating disaster due to cancelled games...

Triple weekly testing please for 3 months

3 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Celtic not having to play us twice at Tynecastle, should help their 10 in a row bid, just saying!!.

Ridiculous statement really.

They more than often beat us and out of them and Rangers, Rangers have struggled more at Tynie recently. 

Jambo in Bathgate

If we are not being compensated sufficiently then we must not give any money to the clubs that voted in self interest. I for one will be paying the cost of an away ticket into FOH. Other clubs can now look after themselves. We must not fill away grounds as we did in 2014-15. 

we should pull out the Scottish cup now.  Tell them to stick it.  Other cup games just play our youth team... do not entertain their diddy cups

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

”executive decision for reconstruction”

On it went and on it went.

Attention seekers talking shite. I did call some of them out at the time.

Worse than Greenginger in 2014.

Perfect time to gloat mate. 👍

You need to have a word and there are several like you. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Again this is the next straw clutch

We have lost every single step of this and we dont look like getting anywhere.

Lets just get on with it.

You think? You really think we should just accept corruption and bribery and do absolutely nothing? Lord Clark left it open to go back to court should we feel we've been hard done by, and by christ it certainly looks like we've been absolutely cheated and misled out of this, when Budge said she would take it all the way, I absolutely hope she meant it! 

I hope we get full explanation for this decision from the panel as to why our claims were rejected. We at the very least deserve that. Not to do this would leave us with the feeling that we have been stitched up.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, kila said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/arbitration-panel-hands-down-unanimous-judgement

ARBITRATION PANEL HANDS DOWN UNANIMOUS JUDGEMENT

MONDAY, 27 JULY 2020

SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “The formation of this SFA Arbitration Panel was an important step for Scottish football and one which enabled a minutely detailed examination of the entire process of ‘calling the season’.

“Directors and officials from the SPFL co-operated with the panel to the fullest possible extent, during which they were subjected to forensic examination by QCs, all under the scrutiny of a Senator of the College of Justice and two experienced Sheriffs.

“No-one should be under any illusion about the rigorous and challenging nature of this process. I would fully expect all those involved to agree that no stone was left unturned, no allegation left unanswered. Every aspect of the various arguments put forward by both Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle was examined minutely, with full access to all relevant documents, records, emails and telephone logs. 

“The panel heard from many witnesses, including senior figures from across our game and three members of the SPFL executive team. Thousands of pages of evidence were considered.

“I’m therefore very pleased that the tribunal unanimously held that the challenges to the written resolution of 15 April 2020 failed, and that the SPFL were entitled to pass, and give effect to, the written resolution and all that flowed from it.

“Throughout the process, and whilst under the most severe pressure, criticism and media scrutiny, the SPFL has followed appropriate legal guidance and acted in accordance with the best interests of the SPFL as a whole at all times.

“It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was. However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for Season 2019/20 to continue. 

“I want to make clear that it is unfortunate the early curtailment of the season relegated Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. However, in circumstances where reconstruction was comprehensively rejected by SPFL member clubs, there was no viable alternative. I sympathise hugely with all three clubs, but given this clear and unequivocal tribunal decision, it is imperative that everyone accepts it and works together to ensure that our game can move forward and tackle the enormous and continuing challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.”

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “This is a clear, comprehensive and unanimous decision.

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review.

“It has been a very demanding process, but I had complete confidence in the actions and decisions of the SPFL board and the SPFL executive team.”

So cheats and liars prosper afterall.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

You're crowing because we lost the case? Having a go at fellow Jambos who had hope that fairness might win the day?

I've seen some shite in my days, but this takes the biscuit...

Calpol 3 won.

No 13-team league.

No compensation.

Unanimous.

Only two things outstanding.

Costs.

SFA Notice of Complaint.

I don't think these two are going our way, either.

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

No promotion was an idea the SPL put forward i think, so regardless of us winning it.. 

You've made that up or read it in here and taken it as fact. No promotion has never been proposed by anyone.

Gutted but not unexpected with the corruption that is rife within Scottish football. Never will I put another penny in to any other club but ours. I also mean league and Scottish cup games too.  I also hope our national team, whilst under this lot, never win another game or qualify for another tournament. Couldn’t give two Fecks for Scottish football. 

Thanks for putting up a fight though. Sadly it was never to be and was only ever false hope. We didn’t expect anything else. The rot set in long before our cup final and failure to address this at the time has cost us very dear indeed. I hope Levein can look at himself in the mirror and realise that he is undoubtedly the architect of our downfall. The sooner his name is removed from the plaque, the better I’ll feel. Absolutely disgraceful that we have fell so far since Robbie left first time around. 

If I don’t love this club so much I’d seriously walk away forever. 

We will be back!

HHGH 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Unanimous!!!!

That is a really poor statement, almost comes across as gloating. I thought the one thing we knew for definite from the hearing was that Dundee's vote had been cast and the motion had failed but there you go. 

Edited by Anything2

I think I have endured enough of this corruption, Doncaster gloating has just about finished me, there is no future for our club going forward in this environment, things will only get worse!

Neil Dongcaster

Everyone needs to relax. I expected this, we will take the matter further.

Have a look to Belgium to see the next steps.

I was on the fence before now but absolutely no way should we participate in that embarrassment of a Scottish Cup.  Don’t care if it gives Hibs a place in the ‘final’. Flat out refuse to play. Hopefully make some headlines and show it up for the joke that it is.

Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

If we are not being compensated sufficiently then we must not give any money to the clubs that voted in self interest. I for one will be paying the cost of an away ticket into FOH. Other clubs can now look after themselves. We must not fill away grounds as we did in 2014-15. 

No doubt our first game of the season this weekend would have been away, so first £20 going FOH way by the time the weekend is out.#

Then price of 4 coffees at Tynecastle following week and so on until season starts.

magicjohnston

Every time I think Doncaster can't make my blood boil more, he does! You can see his big smarmy grin whilst realising that statement. Get them all to Fk

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

No we won't. We'd have to have grounds for an appeal. 

Lone Striker
13 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

There will be no compensation.

This thread has been a constant echo chamber of how Hearts are going to win this that and the next thing  and absolutely none of it has come to pass.

We got ****ed over and now we have costs to pay, im glad we fought it but it was clearly an almost impossible task.

And you know this.... how ?   

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You think? You really think we should just accept corruption and bribery and do absolutely nothing? Lord Clark left it open to go back to court should we feel we've been hard done by, and by christ it certainly looks like we've been absolutely cheated and misled out of this, when Budge said she would take it all the way, I absolutely hope she meant it! 

I think you need to read what constitutes a referral back to CoS and it isnt if we feel hard done by.

And i think she has more than taken this as far as it can go and expect a statement saying such or that we are reviewing our options.

Everybody Loves Baz!
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

Worse than Greenginger in 2014.

You can **** off with yer holier than now pish as well.

Must be great seeing our club shafted.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Perfect time to gloat mate. 👍

You need to have a word and there are several like you. 

100% This... sets up good for a "wank, wank, good guy" type post

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Nope. Unless we have a seriously solid case, we should end things there. And a unanimous verdict at arbitration doesn't indicate a seriously solid case.

Finished with Scottish Football.

Hearts, and Hearts at home only.

Ram the Scottish cup. Ram all cups, not one bit of my maroon pounds going to other clubs apart from ICT, Partick, East Fife, Stranraer, Rangers, Edinburgh City and Falkirk (i think that is the list of those who voted with us in original vote).

Edited by Gambo

Heartsofgold

I will never be back in another SPFL/SFA ground.  And I mean never.  Cup finals/Semi's can ****ing ram it.  What's the point in even trying any more.

This ruling means that if there is another countrywide outbreak then the SPFL can call a vote to end the leagues and actually include no promotion/relegation from now on.  They can be assured that they will have ANY vote criteria they deem appropriate to be accepted at arbitration if it goes that way.  This sorry affair is going to cost Hearts £5 million when all things are taken into consideration and I will bet that the SPFL will find some excuse to keep us down for 2 seasons.  Corrupt wankers the lot of them.

That all being ranted, we are in this poition due to the mis-management of the playing squad by our previous manager in Levein.  He should have been shown the door after the cup final but we held on through some misguided loyalty.

Harry Potter
Just now, DETTY29 said:

No doubt our first game of the season this weekend would have been away, so first £20 going FOH way by the time the weekend is out.#

Then price of 4 coffees at Tynecastle following week and so on until season starts.

Good post mate.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, AndrewB said:

Calpol 3 won.

No 13-team league.

No compensation.

Unanimous.

Only two things outstanding.

Costs.

SFA Notice of Complaint.

I don't think these two are going our way, either.

Yep. 

Just the ridiculous costs and probably a hefty fine as well. 

Beyond comprehension how incompetent Scottish football is. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

No ****ing shame!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm intrigued that we have not commented yet. I was always concerned the minute Lord Clark referred it back to the corrupt barstewards who ru(i)n the game in Scotland so I'm sanguine about this. However, I have no regrets with us calling bullshit.

So there was no viable alternative.........utter crap. This decision is solely one sided with no answers to Hearts and Partick Thistles points. Once Ann and our legal team read the findings I’m sure they will find that the decision of the SFA Arbitration Panel is unjust.

Leveins Battalion

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

No we will not and no we shouldn't.

FFS its been to court and arbitration.

We just have to suck it up and come back.

husref musemic
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

That is a really poor statement, almost comes across as gloating and they were the body in charge of overseeing the arbitration. I thought the one thing we knew for definite from the hearing was that Dundee's vote had been cast and the motion had failed but there you go. 

gloating you say....

Neil Doncaster said:

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout"

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Wishful thinking there

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, magicjohnston said:

Every time I think Doncaster can't make my blood boil more, he does! You can see his big smarmy grin whilst realising that statement. Get them all to Fk

400,000 a year he could not run a bath.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, husref musemic said:

gloating you say....

Neil Doncaster said:

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout"

I ****ing hate that guy. Such a .

Italian Lambretta

I dont think we will I really think the club will draw a line under this an move on. We will be back with VENGEANCE

Unknown user

I certainly hope we've got some fight left in us, but it feels like a right punt in the nuts right now.

TyphoonJambo

I don't see it mate. I think AB will think enough is enough, lets do our talking on the pitch. 

I also think this may make her consider her own role. 

I don't think that the club has either the capacity or the willingness to escalate this any further. I get the impression that everything is now all said and done.

North Berwick Jambo

Was anyone really daft enough to expect a different result?  

No away games for me next season & they can ******* ram the Scottish Cup , ONLY HEARTS ♥️ 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )