SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

”executive decision for reconstruction”

On it went and on it went.

Attention seekers talking shite. I did call some of them out at the time.

Worse than Greenginger in 2014.

You are indulging in attention seeking yourself. 

In fact you sound a bit to happy about it all. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Seeing conflicting information here, has there actually been a solid ruling on if we will be getting compensation yet?

Castle rock
3 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

we should pull out the Scottish cup now.  Tell them to stick it.  Other cup games just play our youth team... do not entertain their diddy cups

Play all cup games at riccarton they can have half that gate. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No we will not and no we shouldn't.

FFS its been to court and arbitration.

We just have to suck it up and come back.

This.

black stump
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No we won't. We'd have to have grounds for an appeal. 

I think arbitration is final. no appeal..

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Absolute horsepiss. Should have got better lawyers and QC's

No we shouldnt, we got people who fought our case and we lost it was always a narrow margin of possible success.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

This place is incredible. First I was being hounded first being negative when I stated we would lose arbitration and now we have everyone is ready to throw the towel in. 

We will and should fight on.

Unknown user

**** that, if there's still an avenue we have to take it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Presumably they will have to publish a written verdict? This can’t just be a plain decision. There must be some reasoning.

Still want to see how they’ve excused the Dundee debacle.

Aussie Jambo

SFA & SPFL - **** you. 

Total away ban from every Jambo. (Except the few)

Scottish Football:  Sorry but ive got to turn my back. 

jduITbbtYbZ0UdwdEJ65CKHNmm6g1Wg63WXiPGTK

It's only just begun.

Next stop interdict and a hearing with sporting integrity lawyers at CAS - lawyers that aren't on an 'approved'  list 

Hope we get drawn in every Cup game for next 20 odd years as I'd like an odd away day out. 

Edited by harrywragg

Just now, husref musemic said:

gloating you say....

Neil Doncaster said:

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout"

I mentioned that a few times in the past few weeks, if they win they will feel vindicated when actually they risked everything just to cover their own backs. Victory shouldn't overshadow how reckless they have been. And the bit about media scrutiny? Where has that been? 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I ****ing hate that guy. Such a .

If he turns up when we win the Championship, we should invade the pitch and lynch the ****. 

Gillsland jack
3 minutes ago, Stone1992 said:

Ridiculous statement really.

They more than often beat us and out of them and Rangers, Rangers have struggled more at Tynie recently. 

Hardly Knobby!!!, where did they lose their 69 game winning run?...where if its neck and neck between the arse cheeks would they not want to visit, Tynecastle they never get it easy and you know that!!!.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/arbitration-panel-hands-down-unanimous-judgement

ARBITRATION PANEL HANDS DOWN UNANIMOUS JUDGEMENT

MONDAY, 27 JULY 2020

SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “The formation of this SFA Arbitration Panel was an important step for Scottish football and one which enabled a minutely detailed examination of the entire process of ‘calling the season’.

“Directors and officials from the SPFL co-operated with the panel to the fullest possible extent, during which they were subjected to forensic examination by QCs, all under the scrutiny of a Senator of the College of Justice and two experienced Sheriffs.

“No-one should be under any illusion about the rigorous and challenging nature of this process. I would fully expect all those involved to agree that no stone was left unturned, no allegation left unanswered. Every aspect of the various arguments put forward by both Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle was examined minutely, with full access to all relevant documents, records, emails and telephone logs. 

“The panel heard from many witnesses, including senior figures from across our game and three members of the SPFL executive team. Thousands of pages of evidence were considered.

“I’m therefore very pleased that the tribunal unanimously held that the challenges to the written resolution of 15 April 2020 failed, and that the SPFL were entitled to pass, and give effect to, the written resolution and all that flowed from it.

“Throughout the process, and whilst under the most severe pressure, criticism and media scrutiny, the SPFL has followed appropriate legal guidance and acted in accordance with the best interests of the SPFL as a whole at all times.

“It is regrettable that the league had to be concluded in the way that it was. However, despite calls to the contrary from some parties, subsequent events, including the virtual shutdown of our entire country for months, confirm that there was no viable alternative. With contact training only being allowed to resume on 29 June, it was simply impossible for games to be played or for Season 2019/20 to continue. 

“I want to make clear that it is unfortunate the early curtailment of the season relegated Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer. However, in circumstances where reconstruction was comprehensively rejected by SPFL member clubs, there was no viable alternative. I sympathise hugely with all three clubs, but given this clear and unequivocal tribunal decision, it is imperative that everyone accepts it and works together to ensure that our game can move forward and tackle the enormous and continuing challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic.”

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “This is a clear, comprehensive and unanimous decision.

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review.

“It has been a very demanding process, but I had complete confidence in the actions and decisions of the SPFL board and the SPFL executive team.”

If you ever doubted Dungcaster's arrogance, it's shown up here. Whilst the Chairman is seemingly balanced in his response, Dungcaster is totally gloating and shows no appreciation of the plight facing football in Scotland. Disgraceful.

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

This place is incredible. First I was being hounded first being negative when I stated we would lose arbitration and now we have everyone is ready to throw the towel in. 

To where exactly?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

we should pull out the Scottish cup now.  Tell them to stick it.  Other cup games just play our youth team... do not entertain their diddy cups

It only sums up the mixed message that these games are not scrapped but League was.

Ridiculous,  wouldn't touch that game with a barge pole 

SectionDJambo

If we win the Championship, I really hope that Doncaster, or any of the rest of them, don't think they're coming to Tynecastle to present the trophy. Just get them to post it.

He's "delighted" that 3 of the oldest clubs in Scotland have been treated in this way, when they all know there were alternatives.

If this virus prevents any attendances at Scottish games for an extended time, we'll see how delighted he is when clubs start suffering real financial loss, and his pathetic broadcasting deals don't carry enough money to save them.

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Interim interdicts”

”executive decision for reconstruction”

On it went and on it went.

Attention seekers talking shite. I did call some of them out at the time.

Worse than Greenginger in 2014.

Well done.    No attention seeking in your post eh?   Or when you you stated there would be a Hearts press conference on Saturday.  So in summary 1)  no attention seeking on your part throughout this and 2) definitely no talking shite.  3) No irony or hypocrisy in your post.   Nice one. 

20 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Let the boycott begin.

Boycott’s like this don’t work. There are studies. 

The best you could hope for is it not turning into a farce like that Rangers-Dundee Utd game where one of the leaders of the Rangers boycott was seen trying to sneak into the Dundee United end. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

It's only just begun.

Next stop interdict and a hearing with sporting integrity lawyers at CAS - lawyers that aren't on an 'approved'  list 

Hope we get drawn in every Cup game for next 20 odd years as I'd like an odd away day out. 

Its over I would suggest 

3fingersreid

Well that’s me finished with any away games and I most definitely include hampden in that , if we got to a semi final or final the price of a ticket will be a donation to FOH , I’ll be nowhere near it .

My disgust is such that whilst I never followed the national team since the roxburgh years , I never wanted them beat , now I hope they get absolutely ****ed in EVERY game they play representing that association .

Tynecastle had better become a bear pit (again) for every player ,supporter and especially club director of opposition teams . 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

No we shouldn't!!

We have fought it at every level and LOST!

Now this club should focus all its efforts on our football team,whatever league and whatever budget that is to be the best it can be.

There is numerous reasons for the state we find ourselfs in,primarily our sporting performance that had us entangled in this shitshow to start with!

gashauskis9
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

If we win the Championship, I really hope that Doncaster, or any of the rest of them, don't think they're coming to Tynecastle to present the trophy. Just get them to post it.

He's "delighted" that 3 of the oldest clubs in Scotland have been treated in this way, when they all know there were alternatives.

If this virus prevents any attendances at Scottish games for an extended time, we'll see how delighted he is when clubs start suffering real financial loss, and his pathetic broadcasting deals don't carry enough money to save them.

If we win the Championship, the SPFL board will put it to a vote as to whether we get promoted, given that it’ll be unfair to relegate a team next season due to upheaval this virus has caused.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Off to England then?

I understand people are upset but ****ing hell thats not happening.

Bazzas right boot

Always felt that on the legal issue we were thin. 

We had fairness and sporting integrity on our side but always felt even although unfairly treated it was never illegal. 

The majority rules within the, membership terms also are quite secure. 

Quite a hurdle to overcome. 

Mitigation should always have been the main priority for the spfl and all members from the start, it wasn't. 

We should never forget this. 

I hope now clubs go bust. 

I wish JA gave the money only  to the team he supports. 

I hope not one Hearts fan attends an away game and gives any other club another penny at least for a year. 

Championship will be OK for a season, get our own house in order.

If they deny promotion at the end of that I won't attend another football game in this country again. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm intrigued that we have not commented yet. I was always concerned the minute Lord Clark referred it back to the corrupt barstewards who ru(i)n the game in Scotland so I'm sanguine about this. However, I have no regrets with us calling bullshit.

I like that term ru(i)n.  I might have to use that one!

lost in space

Can understand why we may have lost re-instatement - Dundee first vote was probably ruled as being allowed to change.

HOWEVER - surely there is a need for compensation when a decision is made to harm 3 clubs!!!!

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The minimum we should do now is to withdraw from the cup.

Can we do that without further sanctions ? It is appealing but I’d rather beat Hibs. 

Scottish football will never change. Rotten, rigged, unreliable and completely void of insight. That's why it will never be a force in this game. Can't say I'm surprised. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The minimum we should do now is to withdraw from the cup.

Pump Hibs, then withdraw from the final 👍

Had little faith in the Arbitration process right from the start.  A pool of people there at the behest of the SFA and  no doubt on retainers, and all the evidence heard in secret.  What faith can anyone have in that process. It stinks. The pity was the case was not fully heard in public and for full public scrutiny of the evidence there for everyone to see. 

I hope we take this further.

Big plea to all the supporters clubs, travelling fans.  The clubs that have shat on us must not see a penny of our money.  It's a big ask for regular away travelers but we can't let this go.  **** them all.

Neil Dongcaster

No we shouldn't!!

We have fought it at every level and LOST!

Now this club should focus all its efforts on our football team,whatever league and whatever budget that is to be the best it can be.

There is numerous reasons for the state we find ourselfs in,primarily our sporting performance that had us entangled in this shitshow to start with!

Have you followed the case in Belgium at all?

1 minute ago, black stump said:

I think arbitration is final. no appeal..

It is legally binding. There is however ways to appeal the decision. 1) serious irregularities, 2) wrong on a legal point, 3) decision is completely unjust and plainly wrong. 

Clearly we won't unless we have serious grounds to appeal it. 

Just now, Nobreath said:

**** the lot of them.

Still glad we had some fight in us and went for it.

Always HMFC

Me to.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )