SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

i’ll save you the wait

“We are disappointed with the decision blah blah blah we thank the fans blah blah blah

We will take time to reflect on this and any further statements will be made in due course blah blah blah.

We are committed to RN to make sure Hearts are in as strong a position as possible blah blah blah

blah blah blah

AB.”

PS sorry I picked a panel member that wasnt even likely to agree with me

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Quote from BBC

""Hearts and Thistle also wanted up to £10m in compensation, but could now face paying costs, with arbitration continuing for "submissions about expenses"."""

this is probably why there is no statement yet

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

i’ll save you the wait

“We are disappointed with the decision blah blah blah we thank the fans blah blah blah

We will take time to reflect on this and any further statements will be made in due course blah blah blah.

We are committed to RN to make sure Hearts are in as strong a position as possible blah blah blah

blah blah blah

AB.”

Not a right lot that can be said tbf, unless we plan another challenge. But I simply don’t see how we can. We probably have very little choice but to accept this decision

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Presumably they will have to publish a written verdict? This can’t just be a plain decision. There must be some reasoning.

Still want to see how they’ve excused the Dundee debacle.

I doubt we will see any of that  in writing. They were delighted that it went to arbitration so it would not be publicly disclosed unlike in a Court.

Just now, mre said:

Boycott shmoycott! 

I'll be surprised if fans are allowed in stadiums at all next season. 

Hopefully. That should end a few of the f****rs.

Kirky Jambo
14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

James Anderson is covering our legal costs.

That’s something at least, do you know if he will cover the SPFLs if we are forced to pay them too?

south morroccan
23 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd be game for hoardes of us going to the stadiums and constantly singing for 90 minutes outside. These shit holes are small enough that we'd 100% be seen and heard by the players.

That would also hit them in the pocket as they'd have to pay for policing.

30 minutes ago, Homme said:

Unfortunately you'll still have dozens of selfish Hearts fans attending every game they can. 

I'd love it if the club didn't accept tickets to the majority of clubs but I don't think we will. 

I think I understand your sentiment and why you are saying what you have said. As for me, I won't feel selfish travelling when I can to support my team.

8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We're down and no compo.......

Where has the "No compensation" been reported officially?

ford donald
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No we shouldn't!!

We have fought it at every level and LOST!

Now this club should focus all its efforts on our football team,whatever league and whatever budget that is to be the best it can be.

There is numerous reasons for the state we find ourselfs in,primarily our sporting performance that had us entangled in this shitshow to start with!

Yes I agree,its all about compensation now,there will be no large sums there either.We will never beat the SPFL and the SFA,they are and always will

be the Glasgow mafia,Romanov said it all along.

black stump
12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If we win the Championship, I really hope that Doncaster, or any of the rest of them, don't think they're coming to Tynecastle to present the trophy. Just get them to post it.

He's "delighted" that 3 of the oldest clubs in Scotland have been treated in this way, when they all know there were alternatives.

If this virus prevents any attendances at Scottish games for an extended time, we'll see how delighted he is when clubs start suffering real financial loss, and his pathetic broadcasting deals don't carry enough money to save them.

When we win, not if !...

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

PS sorry I picked a panel member that wasnt even likely to agree with me

This is the part I can't get my head around, how the feck did our own man vote against us?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, wavydavy said:

I doubt we will see any of that  in writing. They were delighted that it went to arbitration so it would not be publicly disclosed unlike in a Court.

Would be typical of Scottish football but it’s a joke if there is no explanation of what was looked at and how a decision was reached. I want to know how and why the Dundee vote was considered valid

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Personally I'm not in favour of withdrawing from cups etc and boycotting away grounds is moot for the vast majority of fans, who like me, perhaps only get to a couple of away games a season.

Whilst I understand the anger and desire to lash out, our sole focus should be on making sure Hearts come out the other end of this in as good a shape as possible.

I'm torn. I am in favour of boycotting the semi, i am also in favour of turning up and winning and i am very much in favour of turning up and making the scenes after the 2016 rangers hibs final look like a vicar's tea party :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

So let's conclude that 3 learned lawyers are now saying that the CEO of the league was entitled to influence a vote in which he had delegated decision making to the clubs.

That is staggering yet wholly unsurprising in the farce that is Scottish football.

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Personally I'm not in favour of withdrawing from cups etc and boycotting away grounds is moot for the vast majority of fans, who like me, perhaps only get to a couple of away games a season.

Whilst I understand the anger and desire to lash out, our sole focus should be on making sure Hearts come out the other end of this in as good a shape as possible.

What we need to do is ensure there is enough demand at Tynecastle that we don't have spare tickets for away fans...

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

As I see it the decision on demotion will stand but we return to the courts for compensation......

I don't see how we can expect compensation when there is a unanimous verdict that the SPFL have done no wrong. I think this is the end of the road now and we have to get on with winning the championship.   

34 minutes ago, Homme said:

Unfortunately you'll still have dozens of selfish Hearts fans attending every game they can. 

I'd love it if the club didn't accept tickets to the majority of clubs but I don't think we will. 

Take the tickets, make every other club go through the charade and then nobody buys them, returned unsold!

Costs of printing etc rammed right up them!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, lou said:

This is the part I can't get my head around, how the feck did our own man vote against us?

Because it’s not our own man. It’s just our choice of man. They still look at everything independently.

Danny Wilde

I agree - no attendance at away games next season. However that point is entirely moot as clubs will be ongoing prevented from having fans inside the ground.  Even then, most fans have no inclination to gather together in stands, food outlets, or crowded bogs. By the time we get started in October, the likelihood or reality of a second COVID wave will be uppermost in everyone's minds.

SPFL/SFA might enjoy this victory, but as a governing body they have demonstrable and zero competence to deal with the inevitable crisis coming to the Scottish game over the coming months. If 42 clubs begin season 2020/21, 42 won't finish it.

3 minutes ago, mre said:

Boycott shmoycott! 

I'll be surprised if fans are allowed in stadiums at all next season. 

Never forget when we are though........ever.

1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

That’s something at least, do you know if he will cover the SPFLs if we are forced to pay them too?

If we are forced to pay them then they become our legal costs, so I would assume so.

See when we win the championship trophy next year,Dungcaster better not be anywhere near Tynecastle & Budge better keep him away from us cos there would be a major pitch invasion/full scale riot. Give the trophy to JJ to hand to us. Even when we won it in 2015 dungcaster was booed coming on the pitch.He should be barred indefinitely 

Ainsley Harriott

Given we still have our players on furlough and the season starting on saturday did we really expect it to be over turned or are we just going for financial compensation?

jamboinglasgow

I hope Robbie uses this to fire up the players every game. Yes we are expected to walk this league but I want every player desperate for us to take apart all those clubs who voted us down both in the Championship and Premiership.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm torn. I am in favour of boycotting the semi, i am also in favour of turning up and winning and i am very much in favour of turning up and making the scenes after the 2016 rangers hibs final look like a vicar's tea party :)

The semi will be behind closed doors anyway I’d imagine 

lost in space
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

this is probably why there is no statement yet

Hearts should have had draft statements for all possible endings to the action - and then would have needed to only make minor amendments to publish on website.

Dirty, cheating, corrupt *****.

I hope if there’s any avenues left open then we pursue them. I’d tell them to ram the cup as well!

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I hope that fans will make Tynecastle a very unpleasant place for Directors of certain clubs to visit. 

I would like to think none of them will be welcome. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So let's conclude that 3 learned lawyers are now saying that the CEO of the league was entitled to influence a vote in which he had delegated decision making to the clubs.

That is staggering yet wholly unsurprising in the farce that is Scottish football.

This is the problem, we need to see the justification. Did the panel think as Doncaster said that the SPFL are heroes or did they get away with it because they didn't technically do anything illegal? 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not a right lot that can be said tbf, unless we plan another challenge. But I simply don’t see how we can. We probably have very little choice but to accept this decision

Another challenge is folly it appears we are trying to sort out the legal costs of this rather than any compensation.

A mitigating disaster on all fronts but im glad we at least stood up to this shambles.

Just now, lou said:

They are not meant to vote on behalf of the party that "picked" them. They are supposed to be independent and to decide on the basis of the evidence put before them.

I would certainly like to know what that evidence was, as everything that HAS been out for public consumption has, to my mind, vindicated Hearts and Partick Thistle and shown up a poor corporate management (he said, choosing his words carefully!).

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Can't say a word against Ann on here but seriously only she could manage that. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, 1874robbo said:

The semi will be behind closed doors anyway I’d imagine 

I hope we either don't play or, if we do, stick a bunch of kids out and snap a few legs.

Just now, busby1985 said:

So arbitration is on going yet this has all been leaked out to the press. Classic. 

The SPFL issued an official press release so I assume that the panel decided that the basic decision could be revealed before costs were discussed, probably because they knew that it would be leaked anyway if they didn't.

1 minute ago, lou said:

Because he wasn't "our man" in that sense.

All panelists were apparently neutral, we only got to select one from a list as part of the process.

1 minute ago, lou said:

We only pick from a pre set panel provided by the SFA. All of these people are no doubt on retainers paid by the SFA. All done in secret with absolutely no public scrutiny.  A complete farce.

Doncaster and Maclennon “Absolutely Delighted” and “Very Pleased” absolutely disgusted. To hell with Scottish football 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I hope that fans will make Tynecastle a very unpleasant place for Directors of certain clubs to visit. 

Even if games are BCD, can still happen.

:whistling:

Werner Herzog

Ach well. Not a shock, but at least it's over & done with.

We've been stitched up morally from the get go, but as has been shown, not legally. Time to move on. We tried but I'm done with court room dramas.

Time to back the club & sort our shit out on the pitch (which, let's not forget, is the reason we got into this mess in the first place). And of course, keep in mind the various figures & entities in scottish football that managed & oversaw this fiasco. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I hope Robbie uses this to fire up the players every game. Yes we are expected to walk this league but I want every player desperate for us to take apart all those clubs who voted us down both in the Championship and Premiership.

I would happily see us steamroller every team, but blatantly let ICT take a few points off us.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Im hearing the Away directors box and getting integrated into section N for the forceeable future

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He wasn’t our man but don’t let that get in the way of sticking the boot in again. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So arbitration is on going yet this has all been leaked out to the press. Classic. 

Arbitration continuing to discuss costs.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

You dont pick someone to vote for you ffs jesus you pick someone who you believe has the experience to hear your case.

Otherwise you may as well just have the chair rather than 3 judges.

TorinoJambo
27 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

No promotion was an idea the SPL put forward i think, so regardless of us winning it.. 

That would be a bit rich after NOT ruling "no relegation" this season AND promoting Dundee Hibernian. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )