SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, brux said:

Why is everyone saying no compensation? I've not seen anything about it?

A comprehensive unanimous victory.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Ex member of the SaS

Not saying I told you so but it was a nap the panel would go against us. Courts and Arbitration panels very seldom go against the establishment. Tried to warn against over confidence and really gutted to be proved right. I still held a small glimmer of hope we would win but knew deep down we would fail.

The club needs to take a step back and see where we go before capitulating. We ned to examine the detail and see where we can get this returned to the CoS. IF however we end up playing in the Championship we as a fan base MUST seriously look at doing as much harm financially to all the clubs who did their best to bring this situation about. NO fan should accept ( even a free ) ticket to ANY away mach with the obvious exceptions. 

Time to make the other club realise we will not be Sh!t on.

Any fan attending Tynecastle should be made to think twice about a second visit, whilst at all times being safe from physical violence but verbal intimidation should be so strong and loud they find it an unpleasant experience.

WE WILL BE BACK, and when we are the same level of boycott should apply, even if that means missing a cup game or derby.

TIME now to stand strong.

Fitba' broke my Heart
17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Off to England then?

****ing anywhere but the SPFL under these ****s.

Kidd’s Boots

Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe the outcome today, but we are where we are now officially and need to get on with things. The club have been honourable throughout the process, and we need to do the same regarding the result. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Another challenge is folly it appears we are trying to sort out the legal costs of this rather than any compensation.

A mitigating disaster on all fronts but im glad we at least stood up to this shambles.

Yeah, better than just accepting it. Nobody should forget why we were in harm’s way though. That’s on Budge and Levein.

Class of 75
35 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Shocking result and this clown is supposed to be an impartial journalist?Awful decision 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, brux said:

Why is everyone saying no compensation? I've not seen anything about it?

Compensation was an alternative request from our petition should request 1 (reinstatement) not be granted.

Our petition failed ergo we get no compensation.

Just now, Werner Herzog said:

Ach well. Not a shock, but at least it's over & done with.

We've been stitched up morally from the get go, but as has been shown, not legally. Time to move on. We tried but I'm done with court room dramas.

Time to back the club & sort our shit out on the pitch (which, let's not forget, is the reason we got into this mess in the first place). And of course, keep in mind the various figures & entities in scottish football that managed & oversaw this fiasco. 

Reminds me why I did the degree but never became a lawyer. There is little interest in justice. It is all about winning the debate. Just look at the 3 travellers who somehow got manslaughter after dragging a policemen for a mile whilst committing a crime...Legal system is broke.

Hearts and only Hearts for me too, not a chance I’ll be attending any more away fixtures, I trust Robbie will be able to motivate the team enough to win these matches, I’ll be donating the money to FoH  instead.

a new era in Scottish football for me.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would happily see us steamroller every team, but blatantly let ICT take a few points off us.

Haha, id go along with that too, pack out their stadium too and leave others with the 200 home fans they usually get

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

He wasn’t our man but don’t let that get in the way of sticking the boot in again. 

He was we selected one the opposition selected one then the final was mutually agreed. But dont let that get in the way. 

Tennant's  6's
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Time to move on and hope Anderson is livid enough to ensure a bright future 

Damn right,  enough of this benevolent benefactor trying to help the whole of scottish football, bankroll the Hearts revenge mission .

Depressing, but not surprising news.  

Regroup and come back stronger, nothing else to be done now I guess..

2 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Doncaster and Maclennon “Absolutely Delighted” and “Very Pleased” absolutely disgusted. To hell with Scottish football 

It's an absolute disgrace a storied club like ours can be treated this way and have the CEO putting the boot in, you will be one of many done with this!

1 minute ago, Werner Herzog said:

Ach well. Not a shock, but at least it's over & done with.

We've been stitched up morally from the get go, but as has been shown, not legally. Time to move on. We tried but I'm done with court room dramas.

Time to back the club & sort our shit out on the pitch (which, let's not forget, is the reason we got into this mess in the first place). And of course, keep in mind the various figures & entities in scottish football that managed & oversaw this fiasco. 

I'm actually on board with this.

I just want to get back to watching Hearts at Tynecastle.  We're clearly getting nowhere in the Courts, as the SFA/SPFL have so much experience in covering things up and having things go their own way, and could talk their way out of absolutely anything.  It's like fighting the tide.

Let's just focus on Hearts, and Hearts alone.  I want to be assembling a squad that will win every single game next season with absolutely no slip ups.  We're going to have to wait, but I want 27 wins in this stupid 27 game season that's coming up.

What a ****ing farce.

TorinoJambo
30 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

No promotion was an idea the SPL put forward i think, so regardless of us winning it.. 

That would be a bit rich after NOT ruling "no relegation" this season AND promoting Dundee Hibernian. 

baxterd1974
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can't say a word against Ann on here but seriously only she could manage that. 

Surely, you can't actually be that stupid?

Tokyo Drifter

Hopefully the club will issue a statement - soon, please - and give some idea of exactly what went on. Only the SPFL seem to have issued a statement so far and it's full of the usual crap. I'm struggling to see how the circumstances surrounding the Dundee vote are consistent with the SPFL being within its rights and having acted to the letter of the law etc.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 

They all managed it ffs. 

yep. The SPFL and their sycophantic cheerleaders in green and white will point out that Contact sport only being allowed end of June in Scotland but surely if the SPFL had approached the Gov and negotiated it they could have had training allowed a little bit earlier. At the time Scotland announced the phases to

exit lockdown the leagues had already been called so there was no reason to allow contact sport or any exceptions earlier. There then would have been plenty time to squeeze in 8 rounds of fixtures before Uefa’s deadline (was it 3 August). Even if it Once you factor in a close season and transfer window, if it caused a slight delay to next season, the argument about this affecting the Sky contract is erroneous, the SPFL/Clubs have agreed to pay back Sky £1.5m for curtailing last season, and are into BT/BBC for a few more mill. Sky would have accepted a delay to next season if it meant getting 1 more OF game last season and a couple other games (and there would have been no money due back to the other broadcasters)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

He was we selected one the opposition selected one then the final was mutually agreed. But dont let that get in the way. 

It doesn't mean that they are a fanboy!

3fingersreid
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So let's conclude that 3 learned lawyers are now saying that the CEO of the league was entitled to influence a vote in which he had delegated decision making to the clubs.

That is staggering yet wholly unsurprising in the farce that is Scottish football.

Just proves that the law is indeed an ass

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Shocking result and this clown is supposed to be an impartial journalist?Awful decision 

In what way does that tweet suggest impartiality? It's all fact.

37 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

We don.t need anything official. Whilst it's freedom of choice for each individual, anyone giving £20/£25 to Dundee, Raith, Ayr, Dunfemline etc need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Spot on.

No compensation, paying for the court costs and the SFA going to charge us for our actions as well.

Budge must realise now how the system works.

Time to get on with it and move on for a quick return. Start looking at signings and a plan. 

Tennant's  6's
Just now, Barack said:

Yet still no official joint statements from the two of us.

Very, very interesting.

Doesn't seem right at all. 

Perfectly in keeping with the whole sham from beginning to end , it would seem

The majority of us wanted Hearts to take this to court and I’m immensely proud of us for doing so. The only way we can respond now is on the pitch.

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

You clearly struggle with the simplistic things in this process so don’t bother responding. He wasn’t our man in any way. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

You dont pick someone to vote for you ffs jesus you pick someone who you believe has the experience to hear your case.

Otherwise you may as well just have the chair rather than 3 judges.

Surley you would detect whether someone is sympathetic towards your situation or not. ends people will go to to defend anything the woman does are unbelievable 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yeah, better than just accepting it. Nobody should forget why we were in harm’s way though. That’s on Budge and Levein.

And the players who seem to have dodged most of the flack.

We should never have given them the gun to fire the bullet.

This was always going to be the outcome when the courts passed it back to the sfa to arbitrate.   Doncaster using the word 'delighted' tells you everything you need to know about that odious little creep

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Jamboelite said:

And the players who seem to have dodged most of the flack.

We should never have given them the gun to fire the bullet.

Every single player can **** off as far as I’m concerned

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, Dazo said:

You clearly struggle with the simplistic things in this process so don’t bother responding. He wasn’t our man in any way. 

He was picked by us. Have you not got some transfers exclusives anyway? About to tell us we are close to signing Craig gordon?

willie wallace
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It is legally binding. There is however ways to appeal the decision. 1) serious irregularities, 2) wrong on a legal point, 3) decision is completely unjust and plainly wrong. 

Clearly we won't unless we have serious grounds to appeal it. 

I thought point 3 is exactly what happened😬

baxterd1974
Just now, Dazo said:

Correct, blows your mind that someone can actually be that simple!

Tommy Brown
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we have some argument to do that or at least send out a weaker 11 and don't accept tickets 

Against Hibs???????

Walter Bishop

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football in Doncasters statement.

"Absolutely delighted"  What an utter scumbag of the highest order!

Class of 75
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

The way I read it he was gloating that it was victory for the SPFL. Apologies if this is just me

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

PS sorry I picked a panel member that wasnt even likely to agree with me

Not sure if you're joking or not ....... but the arbitrator selected by us is in no way obligated to agree with us.  The fact he/she sided with the SPFL in the case is his/her right after hearing the evidence.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

This

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Agreed. I can’t stand Jackson but there’s nothing wrong with his tweet. It only seems smug and gloaty because it has his big, smug and gloaty pus beside it. 

David Black

Let's not forget one crucial point in all this, we should never have been in this position in the first place. The ENTIRE BOARD OF DIRECTORS have been a disaster, they stood by and did nothing whilst 17000 per game could see where we were going. Nothing will change at the SFA/SPFL but sadly going by the last club AGM, nothing will change with us. When both Stuart Wallace and Donal Cummings stood for re-election there was only one person in the hall who opposed it, me. The guy who questioned AB if she had any contingency plans for relegation, was looked at with bewilderment. Well this years AGM is bound to see someone stand for re-election and whoever it is I'll again oppose it. Will any one else this time? The only way to get fresh blood on the board who actually know football, is to create a vacancy for them. I actually wonder if AB would have fought this if FOH didn't ( bar the share transfer) own the club. Maybe I'm being harsh there but she and the others must be held to account. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not saying I told you so but it was a nap the panel would go against us. Courts and Arbitration panels very seldom go against the establishment. Tried to warn against over confidence and really gutted to be proved right. I still held a small glimmer of hope we would win but knew deep down we would fail.

The club needs to take a step back and see where we go before capitulating. We ned to examine the detail and see where we can get this returned to the CoS. IF however we end up playing in the Championship we as a fan base MUST seriously look at doing as much harm financially to all the clubs who did their best to bring this situation about. NO fan should accept ( even a free ) ticket to ANY away mach with the obvious exceptions. 

Time to make the other club realise we will not be Sh!t on.

Any fan attending Tynecastle should be made to think twice about a second visit, whilst at all times being safe from physical violence but verbal intimidation should be so strong and loud they find it an unpleasant experience.

WE WILL BE BACK, and when we are the same level of boycott should apply, even if that means missing a cup game or derby.

TIME now to stand strong.

Echoes my thoughts. well said

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yes get it done!

Never posted on here before. Just watched with interest.

This judgement however makes me feel I should speak out. The reality is that there was no potential upside whatever the outcome of the arbitration. Win or lose, fundamentally nothing was ever going to change. The duopoly is going to persist. The next generation of fans will continue to be drawn towards the old firm (no child wants to go to school supporting a club that only makes up the numbers). The money therefore flows to the ugly sisters and the status quo persists. For goodness sake....9 in a row tells anyone all they need to know about the state of the competitive game in Scotland. I spend a lot of my work time down south. Its embarrassing.

Sadly, there is no way Scottish football will change.

In the US, they employ a draft system to ensure that there is ongoing healthy competition in Football, Hockey and Baseball. Fundamentally, they recognize that the competitive nature of the game drives the fan base and ultimately the wealth of the sport. The EPL is the best example in world football. What a spectacle. A range of winners over the last 30 years or so. 

In contrast, in Scotland, the fans are taken for granted as the whole system is myopic. 

Sadly, for me, as for an increasing number of people in Scotland, I am giving up on the mickey mouse, Scottish game and watching the EPL. I do not find it fun watching the slow, inevitable decline of the game north of the border. If Hearts decide to jump ship and join the English pyramid system then I will be back. They would do well there.

Personally speaking I now hope that The start of the season is a farce with teams having to call off and there is financial calamity inside the game leading to clubs going bust.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He was picked by us. Have you not got some transfers exclusives anyway? About to tell us we are close to signing Craig gordon?

Firstly this isn't the daz with the source!!

All panelists were neutral. Each party pickrd one from a list as part of the process. They weren't anybody's "men"

TorinoJambo

I've worked in the civil service for 44 years and with quite a lot of contact with the legal side. I may be wrong, but it was the matter of relegation which was referred by the COS to the SPFL for arbitration on the relegation, after us having won most of the argument heard. In my humble opinion I think it is back to there we should go to seek compensation. Kind of like a redundancy thing after losing your job through no fault of your own. 

Edited by TorinoJambo
Spelling

Tommy Brown

ND obviously delighted (damn sight more relieved, I suspect), he remains untouchable with an outrageous future salary.

Never hated any ***** in my life that him.

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm not answering for the OP but that it is that git with his grinning face doesn't make it palatable, even if it is all factual.

It's a bit like coming out the ground after a loss past all the grinning opposition fans.  Winds me up.

Would love panel Chairman to come out and say that the SPFL board are a lying duplicitous bunch that he wouldn't trust to run a company. Unfortunately he had no option but to defeat the petition.

4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

:cornette:

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

BTW Mods. Change your brackets to expulsion please, not relegation.

Seconded. We were chucked out, we didn't get relegated. Celtic were awarded the title, they didn't win it. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )