SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Auld Reekin'
21 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Reward  £50

put up a £50 reward for my shit, I have seriosly lost it, please help find it.  I have no nails left, and caused a second wave of toilet roll panic buying.

Fair enough, but just lay off the flour, willya?!?!?!?   :muggy:

Just now, Berra than you said:

SPFL have just posted a video of Whighton relegating Dundee too.  They trying to take the piss? 

17 minutes ago, Busman2 said:

My understanding of the panel was one from both sides,and they choose a chairman.But all three work independently to reach a conclusion i.e. Not representing who picked them is this correct?

There is a list of 50 panel members.

Each side picks one (if that person available).

Those two panel members agree to who the chair should be from the list.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

Scott Burns just tweeted I am not sure who he is but it does not bode well for Hearts if he is correct.

Daily Express Journo’

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Not necessarily bad for us. Straw clutching but a 14 team league sorts it all if we won.

the sub goalie

Could a scenario be that we have won and in turn been reinstated and the delay is the SPFL forcing through reconstruction?

Probably wishful thinking but I'm half glass full kinda guy.

22games nro

Ones thing is certain, if this had been the arbitration process the spfl wanted, ie "footballing people" on the panel it would have been done and dusted in a day and both Hearts and Patrick would have been shafted .

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Well then. A big compensation pay out hopefully.

Doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What I'm saying is that Covid could well be irrelevant as far as any claim for restitution goes. Far more likely they would really on audited trading figures and unaudited projections, so the fact our turnover has risen from about 8m to 15.4m over the last few years will help us justify the claimed loss of £8m...Covid is an exceptional, just like wasting £300k or whatever it was on Craig Wighton.

We will agree to disagree, I'm basing my opinion on quantifiables, we know we would have lost some of that money anyway and it is unreasonable to account for a loss twice!

HEARTS and Partick Thistle have LOST their SFA arbitration hearing against the SPFL.

The three-man independent panel have ruled against the Jambos and Jags in their bid to have their relegations reversed.

It confirms that the Tynecastle and Firhill clubs will spend next season in the Championship and League One respectively.

While Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers' promotions all stand.

the sun

HEARTS and Partick Thistle have LOST their SFA arbitration hearing against the SPFL.

The three-man independent panel have ruled against the Jambos and Jags in their bid to have their relegations reversed.

It confirms that the Tynecastle and Firhill clubs will spend next season in the Championship and League One respectively.

Does not mention compensation at this point.  

21 minutes ago, swavkav said:

I don’t get how this case of arbitration can be held in private, as surely the results of it, will  effect every club and fans, one way or another.

Its our national sport, and therefore should have been held in the open, as it could effects 95% of Scotland’s population if we and Partick win. 

This is very much so “Public Interest”  In my opinion. 

It's only the arbitration that is private. The result will obviously be public. It is conceivable that if the decision is to award compensation the actual amount may not be immediately obvious, but even that will become clear from the SPFL's accounts.

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Sounds like shite news is about to delivered. 

**** Scottish football

It was always going to be shite news. 

Arbitration in lieu of a court or law with information in the public domain was a stich up. 

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, primrose said:

FFS

scott herbertson
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

We'll be getting a big legal bill, not compensation,  I 'd guess.

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

We will agree to disagree, I'm basing my opinion on quantifiables, we know we would have lost some of that money anyway and it is unreasonable to account for a loss twice!

You cannot quantify Covid though...That's what my original post on this matter said. If there is a 2nd wave and no promotion then suddenly the cost goes up...

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

the sun

Hmm. Will wait for official confirmation. But that statement could still be considered true even if Hearts have been awarded £8m.

This whole affair has sickened me. 

Scottish football is genuinely the worst ****ing football in the world. I am done. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

So it`s been leaked to the Sun. Surely that has to be questioned? 

Exactly. How the **** does anyone know? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, primrose said:

It’s not going to mention compensation ffs. We’ve lost

If this news is correct it's not unexpected, like many I thought we had a good solid case, this is Scottish football though, things aren't always as they seem!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )