SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

kingantti1874

🤬 I’ll be utterly apoplectic with rage.. I will not ever set foot in another Scottish football stadium. 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

As predicted. We will be relegated and then league reconstruction straight away. 

Vote on reconstruction first 

Just now, busby1985 said:

As predicted. We will be relegated and then league reconstruction straight away. 

How do we know reconstruction will happen? Excuse my ignorance on this but would this not require a premier 11-1 vote? If so I can’t see the OF voting for it.

Make it a public vote, that way we’ll know where not to go, it’s not as if having us there makes a difference to away results anyway.

Well, except one...

Paint the town maroon
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

there is next to no chance of reconstruction given self interest and timescales. 

clubs are taking huge financial hits just now so would Livingston, St Midden etc be happy to distribute more money out to two more clubs and less for them? And increase chances of relegation? Nope. Won’t happen. SPFL comment is token point.

2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

If reconstruction comes in the form of two promotions and no relegations from each division, I think it would be very popular.

Why would it be popular for teams losing games at home against the old firm or teams in the championship losing two clubs from their league (big revenue) not having anyone come down (our revenue would be massive for them) and instead having Falkirk come up? Partick would obviously be delighted with it as would Inverness.  

Same with League 1 losing Falkirk and Raith replacing with Cove (nae support) and Edinburgh City with no team (Partick) coming down to their league) 

Then you would have clubs scared of mass relegation next season if it’s for one season only.  If Three go down or even two automatically why would Hamilton St Mirren or the likes vote for that? 

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its Ok we can always threaten the possibility of a substantial lawsuit for damages if they relegate us without completing the fixtures.  That may not only delay any football restarting but take money away from the final place payments these clubs are trying to get.

This. Drag it out as long as possible. 

Yeah sorry I got it the wrong way round. Vote first which will be voted against as the old firm won’t agree to it. Then we will be relegated as the league is called. This has always been the plan, hence the noise from hearts from very early on. 

4 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Make it a public vote, that way we’ll know where not to go, it’s not as if having us there makes a difference to away results anyway.

Well, except one...

Get the vote broadcast live make money with sponsorship because it will be viewing by 100s of thousands. 

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, Mort said:

How do we know reconstruction will happen? Excuse my ignorance on this but would this not require a premier 11-1 vote? If so I can’t see the OF voting for it.

Then lets hope that the one who has no dosh left wont last long......They let their club die before?????  No carve up and afterwards the politics have changes its now about survival of the fittest,  No preferential treatment for the zombies

It seems the voting structure that has been announced is different to 11-1 and would only take 9 clubs to vote for the season to be ended. Who is realistically going to vote for it not to called as it is? Hearts and Rangers, can’t see anyone else bothering. 

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Then lets hope that the one who has no dosh left wont last long......They let their club die before?????  No carve up and afterwards the politics have changes its now about survival of the fittest,  No preferential treatment for the zombies

A lot of clubs have the majority of their squads contract ending in the next two months.  They then bring in new players based on ticket sales.  I don’t think many clubs if any will go under. 

Just now, Mort said:

It seems the voting structure that has been announced is different to 11-1 and would only take 9 clubs to vote for the season to be ended. Who is realistically going to vote for it not to called as it is? Hearts and Rangers, can’t see anyone else bothering. 

Killie or St Johnstone are the only others with things to lose. 

Stendelsarmy

The sheer corruption here, making up the rules as they go. And how can they change it to 75% vote  needed instead of 11/12?

mellors1874
3 minutes ago, Mort said:

if based on average points hibs miss out on top 6 place in standing and less prize money don't know they feel about that 

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

"If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21."

Consulting. :lol:

Aye, that'll happen.

Agree.   We already The Old Firm will block restructuring.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

if based on average points hibs miss out on top 6 place in standing and less prize money don't know they feel about that 

That still only gives 3 teams opposed.

Bunny Munro

Depends on what the alternative to ending it would be. 

For example, if this is kicked out, could Killie get back into Europe?

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

The sheer corruption here, making up the rules as they go. And how can they change it to 75% vote  needed instead of 11/12?

There are quite a few issues that are 75% minimum.

mellors1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

That still only gives 3 teams opposed.

true but that would mean Aberdeen missing out on Europe by a point as well dont think they will be happy with 8 games unplayed can only hope teams see sense and increase league 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

true but that would mean Aberdeen missing out on Europe by a point as well dont think they will be happy with 8 games unplayed can only hope teams see sense and increase league 

Why would they miss out?  They'll get a place for finishing 4th.

mellors1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

my mistake 

Stendelsarmy
7 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Pretty sure if it relegates us they'll vote in favour regardless

1 minute ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I don’t think so.  

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think it goes to the cup winner so that will be us:-)

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think it goes to the cup winner so that will be us:-)

The places will have to be decided well before the cup is played. It will go to fourth if pushed. 

bajthejambo
1 minute ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I'm not so sure Hibs will? A couple of home games against us will be worth over £200,000 to them, no?

Dempster is a lot more pragmatic than their average supporter.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Fifa/UEFA are pigs with their heads in the trough where cash matters for the big 5 above all sporting integrity.

Leagues such as Scotland can't afford to sit around indefinitely burning cash as their clubs will go out of business.

Belgium have told them to ram it, with the dutch due to declare similar, and hopefully the SPFL will grow a pair and reach a decision based on sporting integrity.

Absolutely, the SFA have said today if the leagues can’t be finished then they’re calling as it stands. Vote to come I think.

3 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'm not so sure Hibs will? A couple of home games against us will be worth over £200,000 to them, no?

Dempster is a lot more pragmatic than their average supporter.

Hibs wont vote us out.  Despite the fans not being friends the boards are on good terms.

David McCaig
Just now, RonnieG said:

Hibs wont vote us out.  Despite the fans not being friends the boards are on good terms.

Its still only 3 votes though, us Hibs and Rangers.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Re teams needing prize money - hopefully the rules will be applied and 15pt deductions dealt out for teams going into administration.. yes I’m serious.. **** any club trying to send us down.. 

it might be our only hope.

Paint the town maroon
Just now, RonnieG said:

it’s not about that (although I do agree). It’s about voting to void or call it. Commercially no club will void it other than us and Rangers given respective positions. It needs 4 clubs in top league. Just can’t see it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks like a stitch up.

There you go vote on it

If you want it to finish it on average points, no play offs

We might consider reconstruction

But that's another vote you need 75% for

So onus handed neatly over to the clubs, better have good lawyers for this, otherwise its down to the clubs to recognize that this is a change in the rules, with self preservation top of the agenda, looks like Championship football next season.

I think I am done with football to be honest

I keep coming back to the same point   They can't relegate us without Hamilton having to play off for their position in the league . 

Anything else is a carve up . Surely Budge is making this point ?

Thunderstruck

I may have missed something but aren’t all teams in Promotion Play-Off positions being shafted thanks to oss of Play-Off gate money and loss of chance of promotion.

I could see those in the Relegation Play-Off places dancing a merry jig but where is the benefit to or equity for such as ICT, Dundee, Ayr or Falkirk. 

That might make votes tighter. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Thunderstruck said:

I may have missed something but aren’t all teams in Promotion Play-Off positions being shafted thanks to oss of Play-Off gate money and loss of chance of promotion.

I could see those in the Relegation Play-Off places dancing a merry jig but where is the benefit to or equity for such as ICT, Dundee, Ayr or Falkirk. 

That might make votes tighter. 

Got to hope they vote against it.

Pasquale for King

The clubs have until Friday at 17:00 to answer, we then won’t find out until Monday unless it’s leaked by someone.

TheGoodLord
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I keep coming back to the same point   They can't relegate us without Hamilton having to play off for their position in the league . 

I think Hamilton would settle for that. 

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looks like a stitch up.

There you go vote on it

If you want it to finish it on average points, no play offs

We might consider reconstruction

But that's another vote you need 75% for

So onus handed neatly over to the clubs, better have good lawyers for this, otherwise its down to the clubs to recognize that this is a change in the rules, with self preservation top of the agenda, looks like Championship football next season.

I think I am done with football to be honest

I think a lot of people will be done too.

i actually really hope this is the end of top flight football in England as we know it.  And hopefully people who live up here will follow their local team instead of wanting to watch overpaid nobodies in England.

hopefuly a lot of betting companies go out of business too - no more cringeworthy talk of coupons and betting on matches 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Read todays BBC article, they have found a way to dispose of play offs with the hint of reconstruction, but no guarantees. Its not looking shiny Rodders

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Read todays BBC article, they have found a way to dispose of play offs with the hint of reconstruction, but no guarantees. Its not looking shiny Rodders

Tell you what Gio , if they relegate us and Hamilton don't face a play off I'm done with Scottish Football.

I won't  be setting foot in another football stadium again and im including Tynecastle in that . 

That would be a ****ing liberty and one I'm not taking . They can all go and **** themselves Budge included if this happens 

JamboCampbell

Reason they arent doing a vote for Prem is if it goes to a vote that needs to be 9 teams who agree. Hearts and Rangers wont and thats 110% guaranteed.
That leaves a buffer of two.
Aberdeen would likely vote against as they will feel they can still get 3rd. 
That leaves just one team that also may vote against and they are ****ed

Just now, ramrod said:

Tell you what Gio , if they relegate us and Hamilton don't face a play off I'm done with Scottish Football.

I won't  be setting foot in another football stadium again and im including Tynecastle in that . 

That would be a ****ing liberty and one I'm not taking . They can all go and **** themselves Budge included if this happens 

The playoff is scrapped in all the other leagues.  Who would they play off against? 

Just now, JamboCampbell said:

Reason they arent doing a vote for Prem is if it goes to a vote that needs to be 9 teams who agree. Hearts and Rangers wont and thats 110% guaranteed.

Not doing a vote for Premiership yet to stay in line with UEFA. 

But that is the proposal. 

1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

Aberdeen will be fine with it as they will get the Europe place. Cormack doesn’t think games will be played until the end of the year also.  Not sure why they would vote to keep the season open? 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )