SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

The problem being so many hobos sign up any new poster is under suspicion, maybe not fair but that's how it is!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Season ticket holder, section z upper.

Foundation pledger since day one. Got my plot certificate and name on the shirt. Can’t be far away from the next milestone, 1956 club?

Bought shares in the club during our difficulties under Vlad.

Go to (used to anyway) some away games every season. 

Usually in Tynecastle arms or Stratties pre Tynecastle.

But I shouldn’t have been allowed to sign up according to you? Ok.

Anyway, thanks to the others. Maybe I’ll meet the minimum required posts soon and be able to start a topic.

I won’t derail this topic any further.

The lengths these hibs interlopers will go to these days. That’s deep, deep cover. 

niblick1874
12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think he was referring to your comment about "soled their sole". 

A spelling mistake? 

Bazzas right boot

Wtf happened to the thread?

Edinburgh and Glasgow were having a square go until London came along and told them both to sit down. 

The government is going to get involved, fifa are going to kick the national side out of competitions and lean on ooofa to do the same to the clubs sides. 

Bus colours matter (bcm) 

I think I've haddock enough of this place for the night. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wtf happened to the thread?

Edinburgh and Glasgow were having a square go until London came along and told them both to sit down. 

The government is going to get involved, fifa are going to kick the national side out of competitions and lean on ooofa to do the same to the clubs sides. 

Bus colours matter (bcm) 

I think I've haddock enough of this place for the night. 

This is what happens when everyone is nervously awaiting an arbitration ruling and we know absolutely nothing about how it will turn out!

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Just isn’t going to happen

Not in our case nope can’t see it , our game isn’t in danger of going bust through corruption, it’s just the governance is really really poor 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, gator said:

The problem being so many hobos sign up any new poster is under suspicion, maybe not fair but that's how it is!

Many are also just old posters that were bested in the noble art of JKB verbal combat and come back under a different guise to re hash the same stuff and continue on as if they were their original selves. 

Like rangers did. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, gator said:

This is what happens when everyone is nervously awaiting an arbitration ruling and we know absolutely nothing about how it will turn out!

Very True. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
39 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If all parties were in agreement then arbitration may have been open, not necessarily in the same way as the CoS but it did not HAVE to be closed doors.

The spfl rep was never going to agree to display all so it was never going to be anything other than closed doors.

OK ta.

10 minutes ago, gator said:

Very True.  

Not quite . someone on here will have the right answer , and they will let us all know ! 

50 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I signed up to ask questions about Hearts tattoos but cannot for the life of me see how I can start a new topic 😐

image.thumb.png.a80882523bf80738b1cfd01076857005.png

If you can see the circled Start new topic box and click on it, I assume you'll be good to go.

Hearts tattoo - possibly Shed material? I'm not one to judge.

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There is a minimum number of posts required. 

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nothing wrong with Maryhill 👍

What a crawler I am 😁

Nothing wrong at all with that LD as Glasgow’s finest play there 👍

35 minutes ago, gator said:

Maybe the answer is to make it a tenner a year compulsory membership, with monies being donated to the FOH . That way any interlopers are funding the club , lol 

On 16/07/2020 at 09:17, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where's @Ethan Hunt?

Been “Oot the gemme” for two weeks. The perils of calling someone a roaster 😂 I might have to adopt such a thin skinned policy myself the next time I get called a wee name.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Been “Oot the gemme” for two weeks. The perils of calling someone a roaster 😂 I might have to adopt such a thin skinned policy myself the next time I get called a wee name.

:rofl::thumb:

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I was hoping that some of the lawyers who were on here much earlier might provide some insight.

One question I alluded to earlier is that SPFL say it's OK to vote twice  in a company resolution but Hearts claim otherwise. It'd be interesting to see if either side managed to find any examples of case law to back up their claim because otherwise, I'm amazed this type of thing can be ruled on in secret in arbitration when it has potentially far reaching consequences for company law. 

Given the scope here for legal precedent to be met, certainly in England, the role of the arbitration panel is limited. Which is precisely why it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this case could still be referred back to the CoS IMHO.

The other point to consider is, if the panel set legal precedent, how could it fulfil it’s confidentiality obligations whilst simultaneously making available its ruling (and rationale/legal points) which the wider legal profession would require for future similar scenarios? The short answer is that it cannot. So that is another reason why, if the panel believes legal precedent is required, it could be referred back to the CoS.

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not looked back through thread so prob mentioned but A Villa 5 points behind and saved truly is scandalous!!

8 points from their final 4 unbeaten games, but of course, Hearts could not possibly have turned things around.  

Exile fae Main Street

Surprised and relieved that I've no been accused of being a Hobo as my posts are so rare!

But being originally fae somewhere far darker than Glesca and certainly Bearsden! Maybe been left alone! 

Anyway am no Hobo, but out of things now in Essex, and away from Edinburgh for 33 years now, but FOH ( is that an acronym or abbreviation?) member from day 1, and rightly or wrongly abhor all things green especially Tic green.

Anyway to get on subject, am hoping beyond hope that we win, but fear the worst I'm afraid.

Disgusted wi this knife thru the badge shit. Bad Karma and all ills to those who would harm us, and maybe no pc....Hearts Lives Matter!

We probably all have a story of first posting on JKB and being called a Hibby. 

Back in 2014 I suggested that Zal only became truly reliable "when he had Andy Webster alongside to guide him through life" and was called a 'Hobo'. 

I forget who it was, luckily for him. 😬

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just a shame we don’t have any sports journalists in Scotland hungry for a good story. Just pathetic. 

Sunday post had nothing about our case, very strange.🤔.

11 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not looked back through thread so prob mentioned but A Villa 5 points behind and saved truly is scandalous!!

Also, looks like they will be holding on to McGinn, Hibs must be devastated!

:cry:

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good to see you back, you do have to have thick skin especially when frequently posting, it's happens on all message boards! 

19 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Nothing wrong at all with that LD as Glasgow’s finest play there 👍

Feel the love SJ - big week coming up - whatever happens... NEVER forgotten :flag1:🇧🇪

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Given the scope here for legal precedent to be met, certainly in England, the role of the arbitration panel is limited. Which is precisely why it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this case could still be referred back to the CoS IMHO.

The other point to consider is, if the panel set legal precedent, how could it fulfil it’s confidentiality obligations whilst simultaneously making available its ruling (and rationale/legal points) which the wider legal profession would require for future similar scenarios? The short answer is that it cannot. So that is another reason why, if the panel believes legal precedent is required, it could be referred back to the CoS.

Speaking rhetorically,  can an arbitration panel set a legal precedent ?  It seems to me there is a fundamental dispute on the "vote once, vote twice" case accepted by the SPFL that might prove to be an issue.

Or maybe not. We'll see. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Speaking rhetorically,  can an arbitration panel set a legal precedent ?  It seems to me there is a fundamental dispute on the "vote once, vote twice" case accepted by the SPFL that might prove to be an issue.

Or maybe not. We'll see. 

It cannot set a legal precedent.

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

If you look at it from the angle of an arbitration tribunal being corrected by the courts in the event of abitration making a legal error.    Perhaps there is a combination of conflicting factors that could cause arbitration to seek a ratification of certain judgements,  or guidance on how to impose certain rulings.

If the courts become involved if arbitration gets the law wrong... surely it follows that arbitration will not willfully exceed it's own confidence in it's own competence.

It has to happen in order though

The arbitration is asked the question(s).

The arbitration must then answer the questions.

Any errors or jurisdictional issues are then dealt with by the court if raised by either party.

I think people continue to forget the point I raised earlier. Its a 3 man tribunal. They dont just go into a room and put their hands up as a vote - they put together a thorough written decision - each individual usually having his own section.

This takes time.

Edited by Jammy T

EPL state of play:

Match week 29  (when  football was suspended)

15) Brighton 29pts

16) West Ham 27pts

17) Watford 27pts

18) Bournemouth 27pts 

19) Villa 25pts

20) Norwich 21pts

Match week 38

15) (no change) Brighton 41pts (+12)

16) (no change) West Ham 39pts (+12)

17) (+2 places) Villa 35pts (+10)

18) (no change) Bournemouth 34pts (+7)

19) (-2 places) Watford 34pts (+7)

20) (no change) Norwich 21pts (+0)

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You have missed the square root of f@#k all mate.

Toxteth O'Grady
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What a plaice! 

You’re  floundering. 
I’m a Dab hand at this.

If you’ve got a better fish pun let Minnow and I’ll Mullet over. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The lengths these hibs interlopers will go to these days. That’s deep, deep cover. 

Lol

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Also, looks like they will be holding on to McGinn, Hibs must be devastated!

:cry:

Image result for bernie winters 

9 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

Feel the love SJ - big week coming up - whatever happens... NEVER forgotten :flag1:🇧🇪

You’d better believe it pal. We may lose our case but this will never be forgotten. We’ve stood alone together and at least we gave them a bloody nose. Credit to Jackie and Ann for fighting for us. I’ve a new found respect for the jags and I’m sure I’m  not alone in thinking this 🇱🇻🇧🇪

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, martoon said:

We probably all have a story of first posting on JKB and being called a Hibby. 

Back in 2014 I suggested that Zal only became truly reliable "when he had Andy Webster alongside to guide him through life" and was called a 'Hobo'. 

I forget who it was, luckily for him. 😬

I was called one as well, cannae remember what for tho. 

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

You’re  floundering. 
I’m a Dab hand at this.

Less of the fish puns ya basa.

Edited by GinRummy

Libertarian
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Glasgow has been the victim of the class equivalent of white flight in American cities. The middle classes fled to places like Helensburgh and Shetttleston and resisted incorporation into the city of Glasgow and the risk of higher local taxes. Shipping out the poor to new towns also contributed to population decline in the city.  Whereas contrary to common misconception Edinburgh has remained relatively  class diverse and has  incorporated its expanding middle class within the city.

Off topic but it has been hundreds of pages since there was any post offering anything new on topic on this thread!

Edinburgh has a stronger economy and is a much more attractive city to live. I can assure you that areas such as Shettleston are amongst the poorest in Europe

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was called one as well, cannae remember what for tho. 

At least nobody called you a hun. 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

MSM .  Main Stream Media.  

Ha I always read it as Mainstream Scottish Media...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

At least nobody called you a hun. 

Aye, nae chance of that 😂😂

33 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We’ve missed you. Stop being so pedantic lol. We need our good posters on here. Think we’ve all had it EH. I once slagged off Aaron Hughes and got dogs abuse for it. Only for the 5-0 Livi game to enforce it was justified. Anyway welcome back bud 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Less of the fish puns ya basa.

For Cods sake GR, for shellfish reasons it’s Bassa 😩

WorldChampions1902
18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Or maybe not. We'll see. 

It looks like @Jambo66 is indicating that in Scotland, legal precedent cannot be set by an Arbitration Panel. That being the case, your point around the vote in respect of Company law accept/reject yes/no does raise some serious Company Law questions that may require a legal precedent. Should the panel therefore conclude that is what required, CoS here we come.

17 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It has to happen in order though

The arbitration is asked the question(s).

The arbitration must then answer the questions.

Any errors or jurisdictional issues are then dealt with by the court if raised by either party.

I think people continue to forget the point I raised earlier. Its a 3 man tribunal. They dont just go into a room and put their hands up as a vote - they put together a thorough written decision - each individual usually having his own section.

This takes time.

This is the bit that interests me.

Would they really,   would any sitting of arbitration,   proceed to impose rulings and / or remedies whilst not confident in the legal soundness of their ruling?    Are they expected to proceed regardless,   whilst beyond their legal expertise and without any reluctance to make legal errors,   which would then be for others to discover and challenge if they so choose?     Or is the emphasis placed on going as far as they are reasonably confident in their competence and preventing legal errors from taking place?

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For Cods sake GR, for shellfish reasons it’s Bassa 😩

Ffs. I tried. Done myself up like a kipper there. 

Portable Badger
23 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

You’re  floundering. 
I’m a Dab hand at this.

That’s brill

Birregrande
43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Welcome back - I take it you are up to speed about, well nothing much really.  Anyway, probably a good time to have a "holiday" as no-one knows any new developments.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This is the bit that interests me.

Would they really,   would any sitting of arbitration,   proceed to impose rulings and / or remedies whilst not confident in the legal soundness of their ruling?    Are they expected to proceed regardless,   whilst beyond their legal expertise and without any reluctance to make legal errors,   which would then be for others to discover and challenge if they so choose?     Or is the emphasis placed on going as far as they are reasonably confident in their competence and preventing legal errors from taking place?

I do wonder if the panel can, and will, seek help from Lord Clark over any points they might need help and advice over, or even if they reach a point where they are unsure how to proceed they could take his advice, or pass it to him to adjudicate on. Just musings but it does seem a possibility and cause of any delay, if there is a delay.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )